PDA

View Full Version : Broncos cut weigman and Jordan

pbatrucker
02-23-2010, 07:30 PM
ProFootballWeekly.com - Broncos cut Wiegmann, Jordan (http://www.profootballweekly.com/2010/02/23/broncos-cut-wiegmann-jordan)

honda522
02-23-2010, 08:17 PM
Resign Casey!!!!!

Now!!!!

pbatrucker
02-23-2010, 09:33 PM
I agree. He would fit in with our zone blocking scheme.

jtandcrew
02-23-2010, 10:15 PM
I disagree with signing Wiegmann now. He will be 37 and that is very old for a O-lineman. If we did he would definately not be a starter. I thought we should have never let him go in the first place though! Although, with that said, I guess he is still effective and not injury prone so I wouldnt mind seeing another Donny Edwards, Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel experiment. :lol:

matthewschiefs
02-23-2010, 11:27 PM
I think it would be good to bring weigman in for a year. He could probley teach the younger players a trick or to.

honda522
02-24-2010, 12:08 AM
I disagree with signing Wiegmann now. He will be 37 and that is very old for a O-lineman. If we did he would definately not be a starter. I thought we should have never let him go in the first place though! Although, with that said, I guess he is still effective and not injury prone so I wouldnt mind seeing another Donny Edwards, Zach Thomas, Mike Vrabel experiment. :lol:
Wiegman = Major upgrade on Niswager.

Who cares if he is old, he still one of the best centers in the leauge. He helped shape the Chiefs All Pro Offensive Line.

Coach
02-24-2010, 12:39 AM
Weigman > Niswanger

jtandcrew
02-24-2010, 12:40 AM
Wiegman = Major upgrade on Niswager.

Who cares if he is old, he still one of the best centers in the leauge. He helped shape the Chiefs All Pro Offensive Line.

Upgrade to Niswanger? only in teaching and back up now! Im not saying a shuffle in o-line will work but bringing in a almost 40 guy to replace a 20 something guy is not the right move. If we can bring him in for leage min then im for it! But what happened to Gammons! We wanted, supposedly, a younger long snapper and back up center and it hasnt been good since.

We should have never got rid of wiegmann in first place! I guess he would be fine with a back up role or "compete" for a starting role

honda522
02-24-2010, 09:10 AM
NO HERM DOUCHBAG EWARDS decieded not to resign him, as well as players like T-Rich. They left, they weren't cut.

Have you not watched Casey over the past years? He is one of the best centers around.

We sign him, draft a center next year, and then eventually Casey will retire.

yashi
02-24-2010, 09:22 AM
Sign Wiegmann for a 1-2 year deal and draft a C either late in this upcoming draft or the next one!

That means if we end up going LT with our 1st pick our line could be upgraded at 4 positions just like that!

LT - Okung
LG - Albert
C - Wiegmann
RG - Waters
RT - O'Callaghan

or

LT - Okung
LG - Waters
C - Wiegmann
RG - Wade Smith
RT - Albert

Those are good offensive lines. Wiegmann is a beast at zone blocking. Wade Smith and O'Callaghan were very solid last season and I have no problem with either one being a starter next season.

Ryfo18
02-24-2010, 12:59 PM
At most, Weigman is a short-term bandaid. It's encouraging that Niswanger was voted Offensive Line MVP, and he's a younger guy that is going to continue to develop. If you look at some of the best centers in the league (Gurode, Saturday), these guys are all early to mid 30's.

All I'm saying is give Niswanger a chance. If you let his 2 bad snaps cloud your mind as a reason why he sucks, you're foolish. Sure, those are inexcusable, but it was one game.

Bringing in a guy who is past his prime to replace a guy who is entering his prime very silly, and will only stifle Niswanger's development. Sometimes its hard to let go of the good 'ol days, like when Casey was here and we were good, but as a fan you have to. Otherwise it clouds your judgement, and we don't need Casey here.

Seek
02-24-2010, 01:05 PM
He s 36 years old. No way... Fix the offensive line once and do it the right way.

I didn't just watch a complete re-building year to set it back a couple more years because there is a short term fix.
Fix it with through the draft or with players that will be here longer than a year.

Besides, Casey talked of retiring back when he still with KC. I am not sure he will want to play for a rebulding team.

yashi
02-24-2010, 01:28 PM
We shouldn't have this preconceived notion that we have to get worse before we can get better. Rudy has been our starting center for 2 full seasons now, and I haven't seen a lick of improvement. I'm pretty much done with him as a starter. It's time to move on and find someone better.

Now I didn't realize it, but Wiegmann actually wasn't very good last season either. Maybe he's not the answer, but we do need to find someone.

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position (http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=C&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1)

honda522
02-24-2010, 04:25 PM
At most, Weigman is a short-term bandaid. It's encouraging that Niswanger was voted Offensive Line MVP, and he's a younger guy that is going to continue to develop. If you look at some of the best centers in the league (Gurode, Saturday), these guys are all early to mid 30's.

All I'm saying is give Niswanger a chance. If you let his 2 bad snaps cloud your mind as a reason why he sucks, you're foolish. Sure, those are inexcusable, but it was one game.

Bringing in a guy who is past his prime to replace a guy who is entering his prime very silly, and will only stifle Niswanger's development. Sometimes its hard to let go of the good 'ol days, like when Casey was here and we were good, but as a fan you have to. Otherwise it clouds your judgement, and we don't need Casey here.

Niswanger had 2 years to prove himself. He would be better at Guard.

I will agree with you that Casey isn't the long term, but we can draft a Center next and with Casey we can upgrade on Niswanger.

Casey played well last year, and he still got some left in the tank.

Josh McDoush is a jackass, so ofcourse they would get rid of something that worked.

matthewschiefs
02-24-2010, 05:24 PM

I think that Weigman is a short term fix. But I still think that he would help the team. We can have anther C on the roster. A younger C. We can have the short term fix and a younger player. Give the younger player someone to learn from.

Canada
02-24-2010, 07:12 PM
I would be happy with Weigmann as a backup. Some depth is not a bad thing on our line!!

Ryfo18
02-24-2010, 08:20 PM
Niswanger had 2 years to prove himself. He would be better at Guard.

I will agree with you that Casey isn't the long term, but we can draft a Center next and with Casey we can upgrade on Niswanger.

Casey played well last year, and he still got some left in the tank.

Josh McDoush is a jackass, so ofcourse they would get rid of something that worked.

Two years, in two completely different regimes though.

I think that Weigman is a short term fix. But I still think that he would help the team. We can have anther C on the roster. A younger C. We can have the short term fix and a younger player. Give the younger player someone to learn from.

He just got cut from a team that boasted a great offensive line. At best he's a 1-2 year fix, then we are stuck drafting a position in the next 1-2 years that could possibly be OK at if we give Niswanger a chance.

They obviously see something in Niswanger if the whole team votes him as the offensive line MVP. I think that says a lot coming from the people who play and practice with him everyday.

Three7s
02-24-2010, 10:12 PM
Wiegmann used to be good, but he's no where near where he used to be. Why do you guys think the Broncos cut him?

Backup at best.

drstandley31
02-24-2010, 10:24 PM
What are you guys drinking? and can I come over. Loved Casey, but 37 is 37. No thanks.

Chiefster
02-24-2010, 11:14 PM
Weigman > Niswanger

I'm for anything that makes the O-line better.