PDA

View Full Version : Sproles next?

pbatrucker
02-24-2010, 07:17 AM
"Sproles next?" by Bolts Bulletin (http://www.signonsandiego.com/weblogs/bolts-blog/2010/feb/23/sproles-next/)

Sn@keIze
02-25-2010, 02:38 AM
ya right, they get rid of sproles i will sh!t. I believe it or not, i have yet to sh!t in my life.

NFL writers sure are desperate for something to talk about n the offseason.

pbatrucker
02-25-2010, 06:16 AM
If it were to happen, I would love to see JC and Sproles work together.

yashi
02-25-2010, 08:38 AM
If it were to happen, I would love to see JC and Sproles work together.

Haha, that would be exciting. Could you imagine a JC / Sproles split backfield on 3rd down? Defenses would have no idea what to do.

Canada
02-25-2010, 08:53 AM
ya right, they get rid of sproles i will sh!t. I believe it or not, i have yet to sh!t in my life.

NFL writers sure are desperate for something to talk about n the offseason.

That explains why you are full of sh!t!! :bartsimpson:

matthewschiefs
02-25-2010, 10:50 AM
I think the chargers are going to hang onto him. They just got rid of LT they need someone to run the ball.

Sn@keIze
02-25-2010, 02:19 PM
That explains why you are full of sh!t!! :bartsimpson:
oh god, i was asking for that one.

captainamerica
02-25-2010, 03:28 PM
The Chargers and him haven't reached a deal yet and the Chargers have a lot of contracts coming up. I could see them releasing him. The Chargers need a feature back right now and Sproles isn't that guy.

Sn@keIze
02-26-2010, 08:16 PM
Well serve me up a big pie of crow.

The Chargers will not tender the contract of Sproles b4 free agency.

I wish we couldve waited a while b4 we already commited to Kolby. You just never know who will be available.

matthewschiefs
02-26-2010, 08:28 PM

I wish we couldve waited a while b4 we already commited to Kolby. You just never know who will be available.

I am sure that Kolby didnt get enough money that would prevent us from bringing someone eles in. I realy do see us even close to Sproles. So its not going to be that big of an issue.

Boobcrack
02-26-2010, 08:51 PM
I'm a huge Sproles fan. Sproles would instanly give us a legit return game. I don't think we have to have a change of pace back for JC. There would be no way lbs could cover both splitting out of the backfield. I think Haley and Weis could come up with so many ways to destroy defences with this combo. Sproles is from Kansas as well. That could be a draw for him. I just dont see us paying the $ for him. I can dream though.

yashi
02-26-2010, 08:54 PM
I'm a huge Sproles fan. Sproles would instanly give us a legit return game. I don't think we have to have a change of pace back for JC. There would be no way lbs could cover both splitting out of the backfield. I think Haley and Weis could come up with so many ways to destroy defences with this combo. Sproles is from Kansas as well. That could be a draw for him. I just dont see us paying the $ for him. I can dream though.

I'm a fan too and I actually think this is the era of smaller track star running back types. I think Jackie Battle is more than capable of being the 3rd and inches or 3rd and 1 guy. Charles and Sproles would be off the charts, a matchup nightmare for defenses in split back formations.

captainamerica
02-26-2010, 09:17 PM

I'm sure we didn't give Kolby the keys to our bank account. We could release him anytime we want and we wouldn't suffer any consequences of the move.

pbatrucker
02-26-2010, 09:20 PM
Maybe Sproles will give us a home town discount since he's from KC.

Sn@keIze
02-26-2010, 10:13 PM
I'm sure we didn't give Kolby the keys to our bank account. We could release him anytime we want and we wouldn't suffer any consequences of the move.
true, that its not like a huge contract.

But i thought we would take a hit for not honoring our side of contract.

Honestly, tho Sproles is an awesome player. I would be more interested in someeone like chester taylor. We need someone who can smash (and not get hurt).

Chief Tyler
02-26-2010, 11:31 PM
San Diego Chargers clear Sproles for free agency, source says - ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4949186)

Looks like it's almost official. I think they'll still try to hang on to him, either not having the cash to tender him or thinking that nobody will come close to matching it, but he's going to be a hot commodity so there's bound to be a high bidder. They could be looking at Spiller or Dwyer in the draft too.

If he does get away though, how awesome would it be to have him in red? Gotta love a State man! I know it's not very practical as he is in the same mold as Charles and his price is going to be too high to justify him being a return man, but we'd have a pretty nasty Wishbone offense with some serious passing potential if Haley thinks Charles one of the best receivers on the team.