PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs cut Goff, sign Kolby and Gutierrez

pbatrucker
02-24-2010, 06:05 PM
CHIEFS RELEASE G MIKE GOFF, RE-SIGN QB MATT GUTIERREZ & RB KOLBY SMITH (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/CHIEFS-RELEASE-G-MIKE-GOFF-RE-SIGN-QB-MATT-GUTIERREZ--RB-KOLBY-SMITH/48e7b09e-8a36-4393-a113-c5fe8b86fe37)

honda522
02-24-2010, 06:07 PM
Seriously Kolby. I love you, but your injured every game. You don't deserve to be resigned.

matthewschiefs
02-24-2010, 06:18 PM
I am surprised they resigned Smith. Hes not proven that he can stay on the field. Hes a good RB when hes playing. He just cant stay off the IR.

Seek
02-24-2010, 06:21 PM
They don't have any other viable RB should Charles get hurtand would be a good back up if he doesn't get hurt running on the field. I am also betting his $$$ isn't worth complaining about. If they find a more durable RB to replace him. He is expendable.

yashi
02-24-2010, 06:29 PM
Completely disagree with re-signing Kolby Smith.

AussieChiefsFan
02-24-2010, 06:59 PM
I am surprised they resigned Smith. Hes not proven that he can stay on the field. Hes a good RB when hes playing. He just cant stay off the IR.

I think he's a great player and I wanted them to resign him 1 more time (and they did) but if he gets put on IR again, releasin' time.

buffman316
02-24-2010, 07:06 PM
I agree with some of you guys, give Smith one more chance, becuase healthy, he would be a good match with JC. Also, you still need to pick up another RB for sure.

matthewschiefs
02-24-2010, 08:53 PM
I agree with some of you guys, give Smith one more chance, becuase healthy, he would be a good match with JC. Also, you still need to pick up another RB for sure.

I agree that he is a good player. And IF he can stay on the field thats a good thing. I hope his injuries are all behind him and we can see a solid 1 and a solid number 2.

josh1971
02-24-2010, 09:11 PM
Completely disagree with re-signing Kolby Smith.

Me too.

I can hardly wait for him to come back and play in 1 or 2 games before getting spat back to the IR with an ankle injury.

Ryfo18
02-24-2010, 09:13 PM
Hopefully the resigning of Smith doesn't stop us from getting a "reliable" back that can pound the ball up the middle. Kolby had 1 great game 2 years ago against the Raiders and that's it. If they resign him though, they obviously think he has the talent to play at this level.

My best wishes go out to Kolby's health...for the Chiefs and us as fans sake.

Sn@keIze
02-25-2010, 02:36 AM
Seriously Kolby. I love you, but your injured every game. You don't deserve to be resigned.ya

I am surprised they resigned Smith. Hes not proven that he can stay on the field. Hes a good RB when hes playing. He just cant stay off the IR.ya

Completely disagree with re-signing Kolby Smith.i wouldnt say completly disagree.

I just dont understand why they have to resign him NOW. Why cant they wait till after the combine, draft, FA and camp and see what they are dealing with?

Kolby is a good RB, and will be a good 1, 2 punch with Charles if he can stay healthy.

Coach
02-25-2010, 03:04 AM
I haven't seen the terms of the deal yet. If he didn't get a signing bonus, then he could be released tomorrow if they find someone else to fill his role.

PawnshopMarimba
02-25-2010, 04:43 AM
I like re signing Kolby and giving him one more go... I just hope we have a tertiary back in order. Be it Jackie Battle (who I like) or someone else.

pbatrucker
02-25-2010, 06:13 AM
I haven't seen the terms of the deal yet. If he didn't get a signing bonus, then he could be released tomorrow if they find someone else to fill his role.
:bananen_smilies046: I agree.

OPLookn
02-25-2010, 12:50 PM
Let me get this straight, we cut a guy where we're already short and lacking in talent to sign yet another QB and a RB who can't stay healthy beyond walking from his car to the field? Please tell me we have plans to upgrade the O-line...

yashi
02-25-2010, 12:55 PM
Let me get this straight, we cut a guy where we're already short and lacking in talent to sign yet another QB and a RB who can't stay healthy beyond walking from his car to the field? Please tell me we have plans to upgrade the O-line...

Goff was completely terrible and is 34 years old. He was a huge disappointment at RG, and didn't even start the 2nd half of the season. In fact the line played much better once he was benched.

I think you're misunderstanding. We didn't sign "yet another" QB. Gutierrez was already the 3rd string QB.

OPLookn
02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
I understand what was being said, hopefully it'll be addressed in the draft or in free agency but my point is the way it stands now we are woefully inept on the O-line. If someone went down are you going to put Kolby or Gutierrez in as a lineman?

We're cutting people regardless of how terrible in a positions that we're weak in already. Personally I'll take 34 year old huge disappointment that has played with the guys on our line over oh man the next guy we have is 250 lbs and will get pushed around or someone from the scrap heap of another team that isn't any better.

As for Gutierrez...we re-signed a guy that was already the 3rd string QB...??

pbatrucker
02-25-2010, 05:13 PM
I understand what was being said, hopefully it'll be addressed in the draft or in free agency but my point is the way it stands now we are woefully inept on the O-line. If someone went down are you going to put Kolby or Gutierrez in as a lineman?

We're cutting people regardless of how terrible in a positions that we're weak in already. Personally I'll take 34 year old huge disappointment that has played with the guys on our line over oh man the next guy we have is 250 lbs and will get pushed around or someone from the scrap heap of another team that isn't any better.

You are not making any sense at all. These guys fill different needs on the roaster. Goff's career is over and will be filled by anotherr OL, probably in the draft.

OPLookn
02-25-2010, 06:33 PM
You are not making any sense at all. These guys fill different needs on the roaster. Goff's career is over and will be filled by anotherr OL, probably in the draft.

Never mind, I'll wait til after the draft to voice any concerns....at this point:beat_DeadHorse: is what's happening.

tornadospotter
02-25-2010, 11:35 PM

We need all the QB's we have! Remeber the season before last!

yashi
02-26-2010, 10:12 AM
We need all the QB's we have! Remeber the season before last!

I would much prefer we put together a line that helps prevent that from happening again. :bananen_smilies046: