PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant

jacko58
02-24-2010, 09:34 PM
Now before you jump me for sayin it look at the facts.... Haley likes him some wide receivers, before the cardinals were contenders they picked up larry and anquan. I think at five it is a posibility that we could go that route. give cassel another weapon im not sold on a o lineman with the number five. If we pick up some lineman in free agency and later picks i wouldn't be upset to have bryant opposite bowe. Now like i said just a idea :chiefs:

matthewschiefs
02-24-2010, 10:17 PM
It would all depend on what we do in the free agent area. If we were to say sign pepper and some O line help then I would not have a problem with that pick at 5 myself. But WR is not as big of a need as pass rush and O line IMO. But It would not be a terrible Idea if we do address some of that in the free agent market.

whatwasthat?
02-24-2010, 11:16 PM
id be happy with bryant

stricken721
02-24-2010, 11:35 PM
It's not a bad idea.. I would prefer McClain in the first round.. but if we can't do that or trade down.. I say go for Bryant.

captainamerica
02-24-2010, 11:39 PM
Well as mentioned in another thread, this years draft class is very deep defensively. It's not nearly as deep offensively. Dez Bryant is a player that could definitely help make us a better team. We pick him up along with Bowe and Charles and we have the makings of a very explosive offense. I don't know if I necessarily love this pick at 5 though (not that I hate it either). If we can trade down than he's someone we should definitely consider though. Along with McClain, Haden, an O-lineman and Dan Williams.

Chiefster
02-24-2010, 11:43 PM
It's not a bad idea.. I would prefer McClain in the first round.. but if we can't do that or trade down.. I say go for Bryant.

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/02/167.jpg

stricken721
02-24-2010, 11:48 PM
I don't get it... I guess I haven't seen that movie to draw the line.. Help me out, Chiefster:lol:

Chiefster
02-24-2010, 11:51 PM
I don't get it... I guess I haven't seen that movie to draw the line.. Help me out, Chiefster:lol:

"Die Hard", John McClain as played by Bruce Willis.

Sorry, bad joke.

stricken721
02-24-2010, 11:55 PM
"Die Hard", John McClain as played by Bruce Willis.

Sorry, bad joke.

Gotcha. Not bad at all.. now that I understand it. :bananen_smilies046:

jacko58
02-25-2010, 12:04 AM
lol nice

Coach
02-25-2010, 01:29 AM
The Chiefs finished near the bottom in the league in defense, 31st if I remember correctly. I think the #5 pick needs to be on that side of the ball. The other major place where we need help is the OL. 1st round WR's are risky and almost a luxury pick. IMO, this team needs a player like McClain, Berry, or OL help much more than they need a WR.

Chief Tyler
02-25-2010, 01:53 AM
Pioli is the one who controls draft day decisions. Haley might have one of the most influential opinions but it's not going to keep him from building the trenches first. To me it's starting to look like we'll be taking Okung or maybe a draft day surprise in Dan Williams.

Also, this year seems to have a few more potential gems scattered throughout the later rounds and next year is absolutely loaded with WR talent including another Charlie Weiss guy, so I would be in favor of holding off in finding a wideout.

jacko58
02-25-2010, 02:37 AM
The Chiefs finished near the bottom in the league in defense, 31st if I remember correctly. I think the #5 pick needs to be on that side of the ball. The other major place where we need help is the OL. 1st round WR's are risky and almost a luxury pick. IMO, this team needs a player like McClain, Berry, or OL help much more than they need a WR.

valid points except gotta see us as already improved, we have a great defensive minded coach on d now with alot of first round picks on that side of the ball tj dorsey dj and always have the bust like ryan sims oline can be improved later on plus d is deep this draft

chief31
02-25-2010, 04:24 AM
valid points except gotta see us as already improved, we have a great defensive minded coach on d now with alot of first round picks on that side of the ball tj dorsey dj and always have the bust like ryan sims oline can be improved later on plus d is deep this draft

The mentality of improving the o-line "later" is what got us in this situation with the o-line.

WR can be addressed later, IMO.

pbatrucker
02-25-2010, 04:59 AM
I would be greatly surprised if we draft a WR at #5, it will probably be addressed in rounds 2 thru 4.
It is apparant that the Chiefs will have to draft a NT and no matter were they draft him it will be considered a reach. I will not be surprised if we draft Dan Williams, NT, TN at number 5.

Coach
02-25-2010, 10:51 AM
I would be greatly surprised if we draft a WR at #5, it will probably be addressed in rounds 2 thru 4.
It is apparant that the Chiefs will have to draft a NT and no matter were they draft him it will be considered a reach. I will not be surprised if we draft Dan Williams, NT, TN at number 5.

If the Chiefs are not sold on Cody, and don't get a shot at Wilfork, then I think you're right about the Chiefs looking long and hard at Dan Williams. Get your NT in the 1st round, and move on to the 2nd round. The Trade down option would be ideal, but will depend on who is in the market for QB's come draft day.

pbatrucker
02-25-2010, 11:00 AM
If the Chiefs are not sold on Cody, and don't get a shot at Wilfork, then I think you're right about the Chiefs looking long and hard at Dan Williams. Get your NT in the 1st round, and move on to the 2nd round. The Trade down option would be ideal, but will depend on who is in the market for QB's come draft day.
I agree trading down would be ideal. But if your trading down to get Williams or MCClain, BEWARE! Bills, Dolpins, Broncos and Steelers all need NT's and a number of teams in that range would love to get McClain.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
02-25-2010, 11:01 AM
Funny as hell:lol:
You cant have to many Die Hard references

pbatrucker
02-25-2010, 11:06 AM
We need a MLB with Die Hards McClains attitude.

honda522
02-25-2010, 12:29 PM
No...
We have more important needs at Safety, Linebacker, and Offensive Line.

It's all about fine tuning the WR's we have.

matthewschiefs
02-25-2010, 12:33 PM
No...
We have more important needs at Safety, Linebacker, and Offensive Line.

It's all about fine tuning the WR's we have.

I would agree with this. Unless we upgrade all these spots in the free agent market then I think we need to look at one of those spots at 5.

KottkeKU
02-25-2010, 04:00 PM
Pioli did not build the Patriots by taking 1st round receivers like Dez Bryant. I would be extremely surprised to see D.Bryant crack the first 12 overall picks in this draft. I actually think he might fall around 20, but thats just me...

yashi
02-25-2010, 04:22 PM
I think Dez Bryant is going to be a stud #1 receiver for some team, but I hope that team isn't us. We have so many more glaring needs.

SAPHOJUNKIE
02-25-2010, 05:36 PM
In my professional, medical opinion...

We will make a seriously hard push for Karlos Dansby, but might get outbid. I think they are willing to pay for him, though. No one, and I mean NO ONE, will be signing an elite nose tackle in free agency.

Casey Hampton is locked up, and the others have been tagged. The dream is over. There's a slight possibility we could trade for Wilfork, which would tell me that the Pats are shifting to a 4-3 defense. This would make sense, considering they have lost almost all of their corps LB's, richard seymour, and are about to lose Adalius Thomas.

maybe we go dorsey for wilfork? that's a trade I could get on board with, I think. A young, super hyped potential 2 gap monster who hasn't flourished in the wrong system, for a perrenial pro-bowler about to be on his second contract.

In my opinion, the best draft we could hope for (without any trading) would be:

1. Okung.
2A. Jerry Hughes
2B. Tate, Mays, or Pouncey.

I think the later second round pick is going to be our money pick. Someone with first round talent is going to fall there, and it won't matter the position, we will take him.

Connie Jo
02-25-2010, 10:29 PM

"Yippie Ki Yay..." I'll leave off the rest, hahaha. GREAT movie!! :)

buffman316
02-26-2010, 03:50 PM
Gotcha. Not bad at all.. now that I understand it. :bananen_smilies046:
Dude, Die Hard is like one of the best Christmas movies!

Chief Tyler
02-26-2010, 11:11 PM
In my professional, medical opinion...

We will make a seriously hard push for Karlos Dansby, but might get outbid. I think they are willing to pay for him, though. No one, and I mean NO ONE, will be signing an elite nose tackle in free agency.

Casey Hampton is locked up, and the others have been tagged. The dream is over. There's a slight possibility we could trade for Wilfork, which would tell me that the Pats are shifting to a 4-3 defense. This would make sense, considering they have lost almost all of their corps LB's, richard seymour, and are about to lose Adalius Thomas.

maybe we go dorsey for wilfork? that's a trade I could get on board with, I think. A young, super hyped potential 2 gap monster who hasn't flourished in the wrong system, for a perrenial pro-bowler about to be on his second contract.

In my opinion, the best draft we could hope for (without any trading) would be:

1. Okung.
2A. Jerry Hughes
2B. Tate, Mays, or Pouncey.

I think the later second round pick is going to be our money pick. Someone with first round talent is going to fall there, and it won't matter the position, we will take him.

ESPN was saying today that Dansby was looking to become one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. I don't think he's going to be a Chief. If we could get a deal somewhere in the neighborhood of the Bart Scott deal last year I would be all for it, but I think he's going to go higher. This uncapped year is going to be like Christmas morning for him because Dan Snyder is going to turn him into the Albert Haynesworth of linebackers.

As far as the draft goes I somewhat agree with you as of now.

1. Okung (was a Berry Bandwagoner before today)
2a. Hughes
2b. Cam Thomas
3. Nate Allen (really underrated safety, miracle if he gets out of the second, wouldn't mind Shipley either, but he could sneak into the second)
4. Pat Angerer
5. Danario Alexander (got to get a WR somewhere, just so many good options at other spots earlier in the draft)
6. Brandon Banks (if he comes close to CJ's 40 record, could be electric like Desean Jackson and Percy Harvin)

yashi
02-27-2010, 12:21 AM
ESPN was saying today that Dansby was looking to become one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL. I don't think he's going to be a Chief. If we could get a deal somewhere in the neighborhood of the Bart Scott deal last year I would be all for it, but I think he's going to go higher. This uncapped year is going to be like Christmas morning for him because Dan Snyder is going to turn him into the Albert Haynesworth of linebackers.

As far as the draft goes I somewhat agree with you as of now.

1. Okung (was a Berry Bandwagoner before today)
2a. Hughes
2b. Cam Thomas
3. Nate Allen (really underrated safety, miracle if he gets out of the second, wouldn't mind Shipley either, but he could sneak into the second)
4. Pat Angerer
5. Danario Alexander (got to get a WR somewhere, just so many good options at other spots earlier in the draft)
6. Brandon Banks (if he comes close to CJ's 40 record, could be electric like Desean Jackson and Percy Harvin)

I like your mock a lot. :thumbup1:

I hope Banks has a good combine. He checked in at 5'7" 149 lbs yesterday. I'd love to see an NFL player that small.

Coach
02-27-2010, 01:24 AM
ESPN was saying today that Dansby was looking to become one of the highest paid defensive players in the NFL.

Sounds like the Dolphins are very interested in Dansby as well.
Will Karlos Dansby Sign with the Miami Dolphins? | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/352298-karlos-dansby-to-miami)

bigpoppachief
03-02-2010, 11:20 AM
I would liek to see Defense or Okung

Ryfo18
03-02-2010, 11:43 AM
Latest on Bryant from Rotoworld.com

Three sources familiar with the situation tell Yahoo's Jason Cole that Dez Bryant's behavior in college was "consistently irresponsible."
"I wouldn’t draft that kid unless I had someone to wake him up in the morning to get to meetings, someone to wake him up for practice and someone to wake him up for games," one source said. Another source stressed that Bryant wasn't just late to meetings, practice, or warmups. He was often late to actual games. Yet another characterized Bryant as "just goofy." It's possible that teams are spreading bad info about Bryant in hopes of spurring a draft-day slide. We still don't see him lasting until the 12th pick.

jacko58
03-02-2010, 01:49 PM
Latest on Bryant from Rotoworld.com

and the same was said about deion sanders and jared allen... even warren sapp depends on the staff and players around them

Connie Jo
03-02-2010, 02:02 PM
I'm not making excuses for them...but most of those personalities play AND work hard, considering the physical aspects of their career's...I can understand why they may have trouble waking each day, haha.

kckidd8870
03-04-2010, 02:22 PM
Sounds good to me.Dez Bryant,D-Bowe,Charles,one more good year from Chambers,and add Greg Olson at Tight End.Sounds like and explosive offense to me.Just my opinion but Okung is not much if any upgrade to Albert.I don't care how much he can bench.Like one of the other guys said on here look what tank tyler did in the bench press and he was a bust.How strong you are doesnt make you a good player.Thats all for today.GO CHIEFS