PDA

View Full Version : Boone was a monster in the middle

wolfpack
09-09-2007, 10:10 PM
i havent seen this good of a dt since the days of big dan. i hope he can keep it up. when allen gets back, with haili and dj or edwards we should get somekind of a rush.

m0ef0e
09-09-2007, 10:22 PM
Yeah, he looked really good today. I loved the sack and then the run-stuff on back to back plays. The defense looked good up until they were too tired to stop the long drive that iced it. The blocking was better than it has been in the preseason and Sammie Parker seemed like he has stepped it up some going into the regular season too. This kicker could really be a problem, though. We will have to see.

The o-line needs to clean up all the false starts but some of the calls in today's game were just total BS. I don't know how Tony G can get offensive pass interference when he's not even the one catching the ball and he's over 5 yards away from the play. They didn't show a replay of that or a suspect catch on a key drive for the Texans. If that had been a Chiefs receiver, they would have ran the replay a thousand times to make sure he actually caught the ball but instead, we got one quick look from a bad angle and that was it.

The fumbles are what really killed us, though. Those completed the shift of momentum that began when Medlock missed his first kick. I hate to lose, but I think we will be okay. The Chiefs are still getting it together right now. Hopefully it doesn't take all season.

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 11:15 PM
Yeah, he looked really good today. I loved the sack and then the run-stuff on back to back plays. The defense looked good up until they were too tired to stop the long drive that iced it. The blocking was better than it has been in the preseason and Sammie Parker seemed like he has stepped it up some going into the regular season too. This kicker could really be a problem, though. We will have to see.

The o-line needs to clean up all the false starts but some of the calls in today's game were just total BS. I don't know how Tony G can get offensive pass interference when he's not even the one catching the ball and he's over 5 yards away from the play. They didn't show a replay of that or a suspect catch on a key drive for the Texans. If that had been a Chiefs receiver, they would have ran the replay a thousand times to make sure he actually caught the ball but instead, we got one quick look from a bad angle and that was it.

The fumbles are what really killed us, though. Those completed the shift of momentum that began when Medlock missed his first kick. I hate to lose, but I think we will be okay. The Chiefs are still getting it together right now. Hopefully it doesn't take all season.

Exactly! I came away from the game feeling like we could go 0-16, but I wasn't able to see the first half when there was some actual defensive positives in which to glean from this otherwise miserable showing.

stlchief
09-10-2007, 12:56 AM
Wanna talk BS calls? Kris Wilson's "fumble" for a TD return at the start of the 3rd quarter. AMAZING. The guy had the ball for less than a fourth of a second and never did a thing. There was no "football move" in there. Total crap.

Three7s
09-10-2007, 01:50 AM
According to the refs a "football move" is when you clearly have possession of the ball and make a move. In this case, Wilson turned around just to get hit. They see that as a football move, thus fumble. Kind of lame, but oh well.
I wasn't impressed with the Texans offense at all really. Oooh, one play where they caught even the camera man off guard with the play action for a TD. That hurt, but even the best defenses give up a TD like that. The only other good drive they had was that one where they got intercepted by Paige in the endzone and the one at the end of the game when our defense was dead tired.
All in all, one thing remains constant. I think LJ said it best after the game, same old BS play calling from preseason. He said it last year, and he's still saying it along with a lot of us. Herm, Solari, whoever is running the show, show some guts and throw the ball down the field. Who knows, you may just end up with a completion, like the pass to Bowe!

rbedgood
09-10-2007, 03:14 AM
According to the refs a "football move" is when you clearly have possession of the ball and make a move. In this case, Wilson turned around just to get hit. They see that as a football move, thus fumble. Kind of lame, but oh well.
I wasn't impressed with the Texans offense at all really. Oooh, one play where they caught even the camera man off guard with the play action for a TD. That hurt, but even the best defenses give up a TD like that. The only other good drive they had was that one where they got intercepted by Paige in the endzone and the one at the end of the game when our defense was dead tired.
All in all, one thing remains constant. I think LJ said it best after the game, same old BS play calling from preseason. He said it last year, and he's still saying it along with a lot of us. Herm, Solari, whoever is running the show, show some guts and throw the ball down the field. Who knows, you may just end up with a completion, like the pass to Bowe!

Even throwing to Bowe down the field 25+ yards for an incompletion actually creates oppty. That keeps the defense honest and forces them to cheat a safety towards the outside. (Bowe is hard to bring down one-on-one. By pulling a safey to the outside you force a LB in coverage on either TG or LJ. Which is a huge mismatch. Then instead of averaging 6-7 yards per catch LJ or TG will average double that. Additionally if you keep the defense honest the O-line looks better and the running game improves. You control the ball, and your defense looks better. The old adage "The best defense is a good offense" actually has some friggin' wisdom and truth behind it...:D

sling58
09-10-2007, 07:04 AM
Boone and the other defensive guys did an good job. It's not there fault that they were out there for as long as they were. In my opinion they only gave up one TD and a field goal. The other scores weren't their fault.

wolfpack
09-10-2007, 09:52 AM
the defense let a 15 play around 10 minute possesion in the secound half. how many 1st downs did they give up? that is an average defense at best. i just hope they dont let Grossman look like the second coming of Montana.

swmochiefsfan
09-10-2007, 09:54 AM
Boone and the other defensive guys did an good job. It's not there fault that they were out there for as long as they were. In my opinion they only gave up one TD and a field goal. The other scores weren't their fault.
I agree I see promise, and we'll need them if the O dont get it going

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 11:38 PM
...The old adage "The best defense is a good offense" actually has some friggin' wisdom and truth behind it...:D

I thought it was the best offense is a good defense??? :D

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 01:57 PM
I thought it was the best offense is a good defense??? :D

Why can't the Chiefs be at good on both for a change? I feel like I'm on a sea-saw.

swmochiefsfan
09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Why can't the Chiefs be at good on both for a change? I feel like I'm on a sea-saw.
Its to much to ask Carl to put the total package on the field, C'mon, you know this man.

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 02:06 PM
Its to much to ask Carl to put the total package on the field, C'mon, you know this man.

Queen Carl has a package??

swmochiefsfan
09-13-2007, 02:10 PM
Queen Carl has a package??

:lol: Well now, hadn't even entered my mind.,

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 02:19 PM
Figured I'd beat Chiefster and friends to the punch(line)

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 02:21 PM

That's not how Carl does things.

Bearknuckled
09-13-2007, 04:33 PM
Glad you guys are enjoying our table scraps. You'll see how the full course meal looks Sunday. ;)

Canada
09-13-2007, 04:35 PM
Glad you guys are enjoying our table scraps. You'll see how the full course meal looks Sunday. ;)

What does that even mean?? R u a Bares fan?? Grossman is gonna complete more passes to the Chiefs D than his own team!! :bananen_smilies046:

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 04:43 PM

You're right... Grossman and company look like a meal for us. I've never eaten bear before. I'm looking forward to see how it tastes on Sunday. :yahoo: Here, take some tobasco sauce for your foot because we aren't even going to leave you any table scraps on Sunday! :drunkhb:

OH YEAH! GO CHIEFS!!!

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 04:54 PM

I forgot to put out my bowl of anti-freeze. :D

Bearknuckled
09-13-2007, 05:04 PM
What does that even mean?? R u a Bares fan??

Eh, I admit, it was a stretch. I was trying to stick with the whole food analogy but it's tough to make food sound intimidating.

Really, my heart just isn't into it. Making fun of the Chief's is like picking on the smallest kid in school. Yeah, it'll get you a couple cheap laughs at first but it gets boring real quick and makes you feel almost sad.

Hopefully Sunday will be quick and painless for you.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 06:06 PM
Eh, I admit, it was a stretch. I was trying to stick with the whole food analogy but it's tough to make food sound intimidating.

Really, my heart just isn't into it. Making fun of the Chief's is like picking on the smallest kid in school. Yeah, it'll get you a couple cheap laughs at first but it gets boring real quick and makes you feel almost sad.

Sometimes, it's the smallest kid that kicks the most ***.

Canada
09-13-2007, 06:11 PM

You never Fu*k with the little guy man!! I am a big man and I know this!! :bananen_smilies046:

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 09:45 PM
You never Fu*k with the little guy man!! I am a big man and I know this!! :bananen_smilies046:

Yup, leave the little scrappers alone.

chief31
09-13-2007, 10:28 PM

This coming from a fan of a team who has been the NFL b**** for a solid fifteen year run, and finally decided to get involved? The Bears are used to being the "easy target". I wonder if he remembers how poor his team looked the last time we met at Soldier Field.

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 10:57 PM
This coming from a fan of a team who has been the NFL b**** for a solid fifteen year run, and finally decided to get involved? The Bears are used to being the "easy target". I wonder if he remembers how poor his team looked the last time we met at Soldier Field.

The last meeting was @ Arrowhead 31-3 (KC won) 12/28/2003, unfortunately the last meeting @ Soldier Field was a 20-17 victory for Chicago 9/12/1999.

swmochiefsfan
09-14-2007, 10:49 AM
Agreed, its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

sling58
09-14-2007, 11:06 AM
Agreed, its not the size of the dog in the fight but the size of the fight in the dog.

Or the fact the guy is a 10th degree black belt and whoops my Muay Thai a** since I am not even to the 1st degree black belt. (I was even uglier than usually after that beat'n)

chief31
09-14-2007, 02:11 PM
The last meeting was @ Arrowhead 31-3 (KC won) 12/28/2003, unfortunately the last meeting @ Soldier Field was a 20-17 victory for Chicago 9/12/1999.

Oops. I thought that game was in Chicago. Oh well, the point remains, that the last time we met, we beat them to all to hell, because they were trying to get it together. I wouldn't be outrageously surprised if this weekends game had a reverse effect, for the same reasons.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Oops. I thought that game was in Chicago. Oh well, the point remains, that the last time we met, we beat them to all to hell, because they were trying to get it together. I wouldn't be outrageously surprised if this weekends game had a reverse effect, for the same reasons.

I think the outcome of this week's game resides more on the shoulderpads of Grossman than anybody else. He CAN play well at times and if he does Sunday, woe be to the Chiefs. If he throws 4 picks, we will have a chance at winning this game.

wolfpack
09-14-2007, 03:34 PM
i think this game boils down to who can kick the longest fieldgoal. i also think the offense that scores willbe the one who uses the trick play the best.

swmochiefsfan
09-14-2007, 03:40 PM
i think this game boils down to who can kick the longest fieldgoal. i also think the offense that scores willbe the one who uses the trick play the best.

I'm with you on this one, I think it will be a fieldgoal game, but if Grossman feels like throwing it away we might have a chance to blow it wide open if we decide to capatalize.

:bananen_smilies046:

Canada
09-14-2007, 11:29 PM

Kinda like making the bears seem intimidating. :bananen_smilies046: