PDA

View Full Version : Pioli's ...active in free agency?

stevefuller
02-26-2010, 12:52 AM
Don't get to excited. If you listened to the entire interview. He was quoted as saying we was active in free agency last year. Was we? Who the hell did we sign?

Wilfork franchised and nearing a deal with NE. He was my one one free agent to target. Wonder if we give Casey Hampton an offer next week.Little older than Vince but would be big time upgrade( combined with the consensus pick of Terrance Cody-NT with our 2A draft pick)

Is there any chance we go after Peppers?

What WR do we go after?

Does Shawn Merriman still have it?

matthewschiefs
02-26-2010, 03:28 AM
I heard that to. Hopefuly we can get a couple of good players that can come in and help. I dont no about any big names but any help is good help.

pbatrucker
02-26-2010, 06:36 AM
Hampton signed for 4 yrs at 7 mul per. All the NT out there that could help have been signed or tagged.
Trading down might not be an option. Bills, Broncos, Doolphins, Steelers and Chargers will be looking for NT,s. And that that doesn't include the 4-3 teams looking for big run stopperd at DT.

yashi
02-26-2010, 09:05 AM
Don't get to excited. If you listened to the entire interview. He was quoted as saying we was active in free agency last year. Was we? Who the hell did we sign?

Being active in free agency doesn't necessarily mean getting deals done, but actively pursuing guys. Most players don't want to play for a 2 win team, you know.

Like mentioned, there are now zero good free agent NTs available. NT will be certainly be a priority in April's draft, whether it's Dan Williams, Cody, Cam Thomas, or Terrell Troup. I'm pretty sure one of those 4 will be a Chief next season.

Canada
02-26-2010, 02:34 PM
Being active in free agency doesn't necessarily mean getting deals done, but actively pursuing guys. Most players don't want to play for a 2 win team, you know.

Like mentioned, there are now zero good free agent NTs available. NT will be certainly be a priority in April's draft, whether it's Dan Williams, Cody, Cam Thomas, or Terrell Troup. I'm pretty sure one of those 4 will be a Chief next season.

Good thing we are a4 win team!! :chiefs:

yashi
02-26-2010, 02:41 PM
Good thing we are a4 win team!! :chiefs:

That means we are twice as good this time so we should get twice the free agents. :bananen_smilies046:

stevefuller
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
Pick up the phone scott!!

Sign Jamal williams now!!

matthewschiefs
03-05-2010, 01:16 PM
That means we are twice as good this time so we should get twice the free agents. :bananen_smilies046:

Yes yes it does and next just think what we will see next year after going 19-0 :D :bananen_smilies046:

KottkeKU
03-05-2010, 04:01 PM
its looks less and less surprising that we may reach for Dan Williams at no.5 overall. I sure hope not, i would much rather grab Berry or best OT.....then I hope we opt for Cam Thomas at 2a....i doubt he will go before that.

g8rb8t
03-05-2010, 08:46 PM
We better not draft fat boy mount cody in the first 5 rounds. That kid will be another Dorsey...

jap1
03-05-2010, 10:03 PM
We better not draft fat boy mount cody in the first 5 rounds. That kid will be another Dorsey...

Because Dorsey is so horrible? Did you see what happened to our D when he didnt play two games?

matthewschiefs
03-05-2010, 10:19 PM

Now that we have a coach who will PUSH the player I dont think that weight is going to be a big issue anymore.

As for Dorsey he showed some signs of life last season. This will be his 3rd season thats usely when you see just how good a player is going to be. Dorsey is a reason that I am excited for this season.

okikcfan
03-06-2010, 10:27 AM
It's true, two years ago our coaching truely sucked, last year Haley bit off more than he could chew and this year we can only hope that we will win as many games as we have in the past three years, so I cant see a flood of FA rushing to KC screaming sign me up!