PDA

View Full Version : Will the Chiefs take a NT in the first round? My new bold prediction!

Ryfo18
02-26-2010, 04:25 AM
If you didn't see Piolis talk today, you should watch. Two comments worth noting, 1.) Oline is not the highest priority and 2.) NT is one if the hardest positions to fill. After seeing most of the top FA NTs get resigned, I won't be surprised to see Pioli once again take a system player with a high draft pick. Jackson was slated for late round 1/early round 2 last year but Pioli made sure he got his man.

So this is my bold prediction, barring a trade out of the 5th spot, the Chiefs will Once again surprise the world by drafting Dan Williams at #5.

matthewschiefs
02-26-2010, 04:35 AM
I could also see us tradeing down and takeing him a bit later to. Pioli does also like to add picks.

pbatrucker
02-26-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm leaning more towards Williams evey day. Although if Cody shows up at the combine around 350, it could be interesting.

honda522
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
If we draft a DL again. I am going to flip.

yashi
02-26-2010, 10:06 AM
If Williams has a good combine and his stock goes up, I think it's certainly a good possibility. But I think it's going to be an offensive tackle in the 1st, and a nose tackle at 2a if the draft were today.

pbatrucker
02-26-2010, 12:59 PM
If we draft a DL again. I am going to flip.
Make sure you have something soft to land on just in case, because it could happen.

dad005
02-26-2010, 01:16 PM
i'm with you honda, we will have the most expensive d-line of all time!

chiefnut
02-26-2010, 03:09 PM
well we absotively posilutely need a nose tackle, ? is whether their is one worthy of #5 or if we can get a good pick early 2nd round. it is a defense rich draft so my guess we pick a NT in the 2nd.

Crawdadr
02-26-2010, 03:20 PM
No such thing as too many good linemen.

pbatrucker
02-26-2010, 03:28 PM
Really I could care less who they draft with what picks. As long as they are productive players that fill a position of need. IMO to get better this year we need at least 4 of this draft class to be starters or at least be very productive to improve the teams performance next year.

matthewschiefs
02-26-2010, 04:03 PM
Really I could care less who they draft with what picks. As long as they are productive players that fill a position of need. IMO to get better this year we need at least 4 of this draft class to be starters or at least be very productive to improve the teams performance next year.

Likewise. Any help at any positon of need is good help.

buffman316
02-26-2010, 04:42 PM
Honda, you are I both are going to flip, especially if Eric Berry is sitting there.

KristofLaw
02-26-2010, 05:18 PM
Hmm, makes wonder if he's interested in trading the #5 for a DT and a later pick in the first or multiple picks? Who knows, guess we'll have to wait and see what the master Chief means?

whatwasthat?
02-26-2010, 05:26 PM
piolis first priority is to trade down probably...whether anyone wants to trade up is the question

KottkeKU
02-26-2010, 09:22 PM
piolis first priority is to trade down probably...whether anyone wants to trade up is the question

i agree. i don't think pioli would mind getting more picks. I also don't think he is as high on Eric Berry as i am (lol)...i can see someone trading up wth us for either Berry or Claussen. Maybe even Bradford. But i don;t think its that far out of the question to assume they make a trade.

As we stand, Cam Thomas is really the only NT that will be available around our picks (2a and 2b....as it currently stands, it isn't out of the question for us to reach and take him with 2a, or have him fall right in our laps about where he should go at 2b)

but if he can somehow trade down 5-10 slots, we would most definitely be in Dan Williams territory...