PDA

View Full Version : WANTED a fieldgoal kicker. mustbe .........

wolfpack
09-09-2007, 10:14 PM
WANTED: fieldgoalkicker. mustbe able to hit better than 50% of your kicks. mustbe able to hit 45+ yards or 10 yards. call queen carl at br-549.

rbedgood
09-09-2007, 11:20 PM
Vanderjagt is out there, and in this case he might be able to have his verbal war with the QB and get away with it.

Chiefster
09-09-2007, 11:20 PM
WANTED: fieldgoalkicker. mustbe able to hit better than 50% of your kicks. mustbe able to hit 45+ yards or 10 yards. call queen carl at br-549.

Yes the kicker missed a chip shot, but it's difficult for me to pin the loss on just one person especially when the margin was so wide. As chief31 has already stated in another thread I think the play calling from Herm Peterson had a whole lot more to do with it, but yeah the missed chip shot didn't help matters either.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
09-09-2007, 11:47 PM
I also wanted to commend Carl Peterson on his call on skipping Mason Crosby (hits 50yarders and game winners) so we could draft Justin Medlock (unable to make his kicks regular or pre season):beer: I am gonna need alot to stomach this season

stlchief
09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
As a big proponent of LT being traded, I would just like to remind everyone of the extra points this guy dinked off the crossbars or just flat out missed.

And in no way shape or form does the game hang on Medlock. His miss was just one piece of the puzzle that is "Where the heck is our offense?".

sling58
09-10-2007, 07:36 AM

We lost 20-3. So if he would have made his field goal in the first quarter it would be 20-6. I think we need more than just a kicker.

chief31
09-10-2007, 09:43 AM
Of course we need more than just a kicker. But, we still need a kicker. Tynes was far from aweful. Yesterday, he was 3-3 with a long of 48 and 2-2 on extra points. And we didn't trade him, we cut him and got nothing in return, except a chance to experiment. Tynes was, at the absolute bare minnimum, servicable. So far, Medlock has been far from that.

swmochiefsfan
09-10-2007, 09:51 AM
As a big proponent of LT being traded, I would just like to remind everyone of the extra points this guy dinked off the crossbars or just flat out missed.

And in no way shape or form does the game hang on Medlock. His miss was just one piece of the puzzle that is "Where the heck is our offense?".
Who knew when they asked how to shut down the powerful kc offense the answer was simply to hire Herm Edwards.

sling58
09-10-2007, 09:57 AM
Of course we need more than just a kicker. But, we still need a kicker. Tynes was far from aweful. Yesterday, he was 3-3 with a long of 48 and 2-2 on extra points. And we didn't trade him, we cut him and got nothing in return, except a chance to experiment. Tynes was, at the absolute bare minnimum, servicable. So far, Medlock has been far from that.

Agreed, Should have kept Tynes to teach the boy and then cut him.

wolfpack
09-10-2007, 09:59 AM
I also wanted to commend Carl Peterson on his call on skipping Mason Crosby (hits 50yarders and game winners) so we could draft Justin Medlock (unable to make his kicks regular or pre season):beer: I am gonna need alot to stomach this season

he pick him because of their dues were due at UCLA alumi ***.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 11:31 PM

From the GREAT FIELD GENERAL in the sky to your keyboard.

DrunkHillbilly
09-11-2007, 01:57 PM
Dave Rayner, K GB
News: The Kansas City Chiefs announced Tuesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with free agent K Dave Rayner. Rayner has appeared in 30 games over his two-year NFL career with Indianapolis and Green Bay and will replace rookie Justin Medlock. The Chiefs have told Medlock they will put him on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Carl the Great........ another wasted draft pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 05:08 PM
Dave Rayner, K GB
News: The Kansas City Chiefs announced Tuesday that the club has agreed to terms of a two-year contract with free agent K Dave Rayner. Rayner has appeared in 30 games over his two-year NFL career with Indianapolis and Green Bay and will replace rookie Justin Medlock. The Chiefs have told Medlock they will put him on the practice squad if he clears waivers.

Carl the Great........ another wasted draft pick!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He is, if nothing else, consistent.

wolfpack
09-11-2007, 09:30 PM
maybe i should have started a thread that read:WANTED..... some one who has a clue on what a game plan is. no experence needed. call carl at br-549.

AkChief49
09-12-2007, 01:17 AM
He is, if nothing else, consistent.

I hope you were refering to CP and not Reyner(74%) as being consistent!!:lol: :D a wasted 5th round pick-coulda had a lineman!!

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 01:40 AM
I hope you were refering to CP and not Reyner(74%) as being consistent!!:lol: :D a wasted 5th round pick-coulda had a lineman!!

Yes; I was referring to King Carl. :11: :D

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 01:45 AM

Rayner is consistent...he consistently makes 3 out of every 4 attempts... :D :SHOCKED:

Coach
09-12-2007, 01:46 AM
what a shame. I was hoping this kid would pan out to something special. Instead he's cut after the first game.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 01:55 AM
what a shame. I was hoping this kid would pan out to something special. Instead he's cut after the first game.

Yeah, they at least gave Tynes room to develop; this kid gets the ax after just one bad game.

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 01:59 AM
Why use a draft pick on a kicker earlier than the last round. The following kickers were drafted in the 6th round or later...

Josh Brown (Seattle-Franchise tag player this year)
Neil Rackers (Arizona)
Matt Stover (Baltimore, drafted NYG 12th round 1990)

Now a few succesful kickers have been drafted earlier (Elam, Hanson, Kaeding, and Kasay)...

So I've named about 7 Kickers. There are about 15 good ones in the NFL...so the other 8

Viniateiri- undrafted free agent
Akers- undrafted free agent
Nedney- undrafted free agent
Feely- undrafted free agent
Wilkins- undrafted free agent
Reed- undrafted free agent
Bryant- undrafted free agent
Gould- undrafted free agent
Graham- undrafted free agent

I could keep going, but I think my point is made...you don't have to waste any draft pick on a kicker...for every Elam or Hanson that works out there are 3-4 Janikowski types who are mediocre talents and are a waste of a draft pick.

Go to the local college soccer team, watch a game or two and hold kicker tryouts, then save your draft pick for a real player. Okay that part is a joke, but seriously the draft pick is worth too much to waste on a kicker

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 02:06 AM
You have now hereby been elevated the position of Resident Statistition. :D

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 02:08 AM
You have now hereby been elevated the position of Resident Statistition. :D

I still prefer the title of Resident Comedian that someone mentioned on a 'rep' award. It's more fun...err sorry Canada. :yahoo:

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 02:35 AM
I still prefer the title of Resident Comedian that someone mentioned on a 'rep' award. It's more fun...err sorry Canada. :yahoo:

Well ok, if you can multi-task then you can fill both positions. :D

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 02:52 AM
Well ok, if you can multi-task then you can fill both positions. :D

B--E--A---Utiful....

Anyone questioning this movie??? Check the cast and credits...back off my mancard :yahoo:

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 02:55 AM
B--E--A---Utiful....

Anyone questioning this movie??? Check the cast and credits...back off my mancard :yahoo:

:lol::lol:

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 03:18 AM
Chiefster, ice skating without a puck is certainly a mancard violation...fix the signature before Guru gathers evidence brother.