PDA

View Full Version : New free agents might be hitting the market soon..

brish
02-28-2010, 06:48 PM
Rumours say that the Cardinals will let Antrel Rolle (FS) become a free agent.

Rumours also say that the Jets will release Thomas Jones (RB).

My thoughts:

Rolle is interresting because at age 27 he is young, and has alot of years left in the tank. The familiarity connection is also there, with Haley, but apparently Arizona wants him back, just not at his current salary.
He was an alternate at this years pro bowl, and would be an immediate upgrade at our FS position.
Problem is to get him here, we would probably need to pay him pretty well, but he has a lot of years left in the league, and he has proved durable.
Being a converted CB, he would probably prove good to stop all those deep passes we've been hit with.

Thomas Jones is less interresting, mainly because he would want to be paid alot of money, and at his age (31) he isn't a long term solution. But he is still a very good back, and would complement JC well.

What are your thoughts?
:chiefs:

captainamerica
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
I wouldn't want Thomas Jones. Thomas Jones is a starter and would want to be paid like one. We don't have any need for him right now. He'd be nice to have, but he doesn't fit our needs. As for Rolle, we should definitely throw our hat into the bidding.

pbatrucker
02-28-2010, 06:57 PM
The FA list will be out march 5th. There are aa few, very few that we'd want.

matthewschiefs
02-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I would not mind haveing either. I think the cards are going to hang on to Rolle. If they do cut him free I think it would be hard to outbid him. I think Jones will end up with more money then we would be willing to pay for him. Either would be a help I just dont see either comeing in.

matthewschiefs
02-28-2010, 07:01 PM
I would not mind haveing either. I think the cards are going to hang on to Rolle. If they do cut him free I think it would be hard to outbid him. I think Jones will end up with more money then we would be willing to pay for him. Either would be a help I just dont see either comeing in.

honda522
02-28-2010, 08:16 PM
Both sound good, but Thomas has an attitude and Rolle often seems injured...maybe I am thinking of someone else.

whatwasthat?
02-28-2010, 10:48 PM
no rolle is a great pro bowl safety...i dont think he is injury prone

apparently he would like to stay in arizona but he also wants to test the market in FA

SDchief
02-28-2010, 11:17 PM
Rolle yes..... Jones no..... We can get a back in the draft but rolle would definately help sure up the secondary! (along with Julius Peppers!!)

brish
03-01-2010, 02:24 AM
Both sound good, but Thomas has an attitude and Rolle often seems injured...maybe I am thinking of someone else.

As far as i can tell he has played every game for the last 3 years, so maybe it is Samari Rolle you are thinking of? Same last name and all that.. :)

yashi
03-01-2010, 07:54 AM
Rolle yes, Jones no for me as well.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-01-2010, 09:31 PM
I'd kill for Rolle and Dansby as free agent acquisitions.

matthewschiefs
03-01-2010, 10:03 PM

I would just be happy with 1 of the 2 but both I might also kill for.

whatwasthat?
03-01-2010, 11:12 PM

they would be very nice additions!