PDA

View Full Version : Who's offense is worse?!

Three7s
09-10-2007, 01:58 AM
This may sound hard to believe, but the Bears looked even worse than the Chiefs on offense today against the Bolts. I don't know how many drops they had, not to mention 3 fumbles and a pick, as they only score a fieldgoal. I think it could be extremely likely that this game could be tied 0-0 going into OT, that's how bad the 2 offenses looked today. I'll have to give the edge to the Bears though sadly. Why? The Chiefs suck on the road of course. So, who do you think is worse? Or maybe even the same!

rbedgood
09-10-2007, 03:20 AM
This may sound hard to believe, but the Bears looked even worse than the Chiefs on offense today against the Bolts. I don't know how many drops they had, not to mention 3 fumbles and a pick, as they only score a fieldgoal. I think it could be extremely likely that this game could be tied 0-0 going into OT, that's how bad the 2 offenses looked today. I'll have to give the edge to the Bears though sadly. Why? The Chiefs suck on the road of course. So, who do you think is worse? Or maybe even the same!

Actually I think that the Chiefs matchup pretty well against the Bears. First of all Rex is a turnover machine and he only threw one INT this week. That being said he's due for a few more next week. However that'll usually come with a TD or two. Figure Rex will give you a couple of short fields to work with. Secondly if you saw Michael Turner run against the Bears he is a much more similar style of runner to LJ...(more power). That is the type of runner that has success against Chicago...get on them, go straight at them, and go at them hard. LJ should do better against them than he did this week, assuming a little variety in play-calling is used.

As for the Bears run offense, Benson and Peterson both coughed up the ball today without really getting hit very hard...definitely and oppty to get well.

i do think that Houston is better than they've been, but the Chiefs clearly missed Allen on the pass rush. He would've made Schaub look a little more like Carr.

Three7s
09-10-2007, 03:50 AM
I've gotta agree there, I've never been impressed with Grossman. He's got some big-play ability, but he's very mistake-prone, kind of like Croyle for now. Bears running game is horrible and they seem to have fumblitus like you said. The only reason I still think the Bears will win is because it's on the road, but we have a chance.
As far as the Texans go, I've heard all the BS. The media is taking this game WAY out of proportion, saying "oh no the Chiefs only do this...TO THE TEXANS?!" Not just on the media, but on these forums as well. Let me fill you guys in, the Texans aren't a bad team. Their defense is around the level of ours, as well as their offense. Now, you ask why they won the game? Obvious.....PLAY CALLING. Simple as that, but if I here anyone else saying, OH NO THE CHIEFS LOST BADLY TO THE TEXANS, IT'S THE END! I think I'm gonna scream. Now if we get our butts kicked by the Raiders, then I'm gonna be a little panicked, but until then!:bananen_smilies046:

sling58
09-10-2007, 06:58 AM
Everyone except the Colts looked like a big pile of crap this weekend. I will chalk it up to first week jitters. As for our offense. HERM YOU HAD BETTER COME UP WITH SOMETHING QUICK!!!!!

wolfpack
09-10-2007, 10:35 AM
i say the chiefs offense will look worst. why? because the bears have a 10 times better defense than we do. and the bears dont have a coach that publicly says 31 points is "arena" football. plus, we have solari for a o-cord.

Bearknuckled
09-10-2007, 01:20 PM
This may sound hard to believe, but the Bears looked even worse than the Chiefs on offense today against the Bolts. I don't know how many drops they had, not to mention 3 fumbles and a pick, as they only score a fieldgoal. I think it could be extremely likely that this game could be tied 0-0 going into OT, that's how bad the 2 offenses looked today.

0-0 going into overtime? Let's not get ahead of ourselves here. The Chargers defense was ranked 7th against the run and 11th overall last season, not to mention we were on their turf. Do you really think your D can do better than them away?

royalswin100games
09-10-2007, 01:28 PM
The Chiefs offense looked worse but i'm sure glad to know we don't have a fumble machine at running back like Cedric Benson. I wouldn't mind having Berrian on our squad though. It will be interesting to see how the Bears do against our D. Once again, Chiefs fans need :toast2: this year.

rbedgood
09-10-2007, 01:53 PM
The Chargers D was really good against the run, but remember that Donnie Edwards was over there last year racking up 100+ tackles. Merriman showed yesterday he is a beast, but is a liability against the run, or the screen pass. And by the way, LJ doesn't go down on a couple of those shoestring tackles that brought Benson down. I think the Chiefs will look okay against the Bears. I'll also wager that Grossman throws at least 1 pick. The Bears biggest advantage over the Chiefs will be on special teams. Hester is very dangerous back there.

Sweets
09-10-2007, 02:00 PM
Give me a break here fellas, how can you even compare yourselves to the Bears...hahahahahahaha, they played the Chargers while you guys played the Texans....your offense scored 3 pts against the Texans...geez, I wonder who's offense is better....starts with a B and isn't the Chiefs.

Oh and Three 7's. the Raiders have an awesome defense so you just might get your asses kicked when you play them.

Saying that about the Raiders hurt me to my heart, as 49er fan from the Bay Area, it's my job to hate the Raiders but I'd love to steal Nnamdi Asomugha from the Raiders, he's great!!!!!

Three7s
09-10-2007, 02:04 PM
Did you even read my post? The Texans aren't that BAD! Also, this isn't a competition of who's defense is better. Last time I checked, defenses don't play eachother. All it's gonna take is a couple of key turnovers, that's how the Bolts won.

Sweets
09-10-2007, 02:06 PM
The Chargers were playing a team that a LOT better then the chiefs was my point...did you read my post?

Three7s
09-10-2007, 04:39 PM
Maybe the Bears are better than the Chiefs, but when you have a Bear offense that dishes out turnover after turnover, it doesn't matter how good a defense is. You say the Bears are a lot better than the Chiefs. Let's do a complete comparison. Their offenses are the SAME. We have no go-to guys on offense besides LJ and TG, who defenses always prepare for. The Bears offense has NO WEAPONS at ALL. Not to mention, they turn the ball over like crazy, their defense always saves them though. Sure, their defense is better than ours, that's obvious, but that's a moot point. Defenses don't play eachother, just offense and defense, and the Chiefs defense is just one pick 6 away from beating the Bears. I'm not saying we'll win, I'm just saying, don't count them out.

rbedgood
09-10-2007, 05:00 PM
Maybe the Bears are better than the Chiefs, but when you have a Bear offense that dishes out turnover after turnover, it doesn't matter how good a defense is. You say the Bears are a lot better than the Chiefs. Let's do a complete comparison. Their offenses are the SAME. We have no go-to guys on offense besides LJ and TG, who defenses always prepare for. The Bears offense has NO WEAPONS at ALL. Not to mention, they turn the ball over like crazy, their defense always saves them though. Sure, their defense is better than ours, that's obvious, but that's a moot point. Defenses don't play eachother, just offense and defense, and the Chiefs defense is just one pick 6 away from beating the Bears. I'm not saying we'll win, I'm just saying, don't count them out.

I agree in general...except you are forgetting there are 3 areas of the game...offense, defense and special teams. I think the Chiefs can do okay against the Bears defense as LJ is a straight-forward power runner. Huard may not be great, but he shouldn't be giving away the snap count to the Bears like Rivers was...that being said I expect LJ to have a decent day, which will open up opportunities for TG and Bowe. Bowe will match up very well against either McQuarters or Tillman. As for the defense, a few turnovers is all they'll need to get some momentum. Special teams is clearly an advantage for the Bears though...if the Bears special teams makes big plays this could become a slaughter really quick

Sweets
09-10-2007, 05:20 PM
Maybe the Bears are better??? Are you freaking serious??? Of course the Bears are better, when was the last time you sniffed the SB...win or lose?? Nevermind, you're obviously a homer and can't see that your team is in serious trouble, while IMO the Bears will finish the year a hell of a lot better then the Chiefs will.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 07:26 PM
Give me a break here fellas, how can you even compare yourselves to the Bears...hahahahahahaha, they played the Chargers while you guys played the Texans....your offense scored 3 pts against the Texans...geez, I wonder who's offense is better....starts with a B and isn't the Chiefs.

Oh and Three 7's. the Raiders have an awesome defense so you just might get your asses kicked when you play them.

Saying that about the Raiders hurt me to my heart, as 49er fan from the Bay Area, it's my job to hate the Raiders but I'd love to steal Nnamdi Asomugha from the Raiders, he's great!!!!!

Eggsactly!

Chiefs "O" could suck the chrome of a trailer hitch at this point.

Three7s
09-10-2007, 07:44 PM
Maybe the Bears are better??? Are you freaking serious??? Of course the Bears are better, when was the last time you sniffed the SB...win or lose?? Nevermind, you're obviously a homer and can't see that your team is in serious trouble, while IMO the Bears will finish the year a hell of a lot better then the Chiefs will.
I'm a homer? Yeah, I'm a homer, so what? It doesn't mean I don't know anything about football. All you're doing is saying the Bolts beat a better team than the Chiefs, thus it means nothing that their offense stunk. I said the Texans were pretty good too and you ignored it. Since then, you've ignored everything I've said and only said the Bears are better. I can see you're not a homer from where you live, but please, the Chiefs defense is pretty good and you shouldn't underestimate it. Average is all I'm hearing, but I think it could be around 10th with a little luck.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 08:02 PM
I'm a homer? Yeah, I'm a homer, so what? It doesn't mean I don't know anything about football. All you're doing is saying the Bolts beat a better team than the Chiefs, thus it means nothing that their offense stunk. I said the Texans were pretty good too and you ignored it. Since then, you've ignored everything I've said and only said the Bears are better. I can see you're not a homer from where you live, but please, the Chiefs defense is pretty good and you shouldn't underestimate it. Average is all I'm hearing, but I think it could be around 10th with a little luck.

Agreed; they played well throughout most of the first half until the ran outta gas.

stlchief
09-10-2007, 09:35 PM
I think the defense will do very well against the Bears offense. I would rather have Huard, than Grossman.

Let's say our defense holds like SD did, and Solary & Herm go with the 5 plays the brought with them. It comes down to penalty kicks in OT, and guess what --> we don't have a kicker to play with....

0-2 from the guy who said 10-6 this year. Houston really, really, really hurt....

DrunkHillbilly
09-10-2007, 09:55 PM
The Chiefs D has been getting beat deep for as long as I can remember!!! If we could ever lessen that threat, we would be good!

Three7s
09-10-2007, 10:07 PM
Well, I feel like the best chance for the Chiefs to win is how the Chargers won. Turn turnovers into points. The Chargers didn't have one good drive really. All of them were gift turnovers by the Bears. If the Chiefs are gonna win, that's the best way. Really, it all boils down to being smart with the ball on offense. If you turn it over, we won't win. I hate to say be conservative, but this week, it may be a good thing. I'll pick the Bears to win though, if the Chiefs win, awesome.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 10:10 PM
The Chiefs D has been getting beat deep for as long as I can remember!!! If we could ever lessen that threat, we would be good!

True; a good pass rush would help that.

Three7s
09-10-2007, 10:16 PM
Jared Allan will help! Sadly, he's still suspended for one more game.

Chiefster
09-10-2007, 10:19 PM
Jared Allan will help! Sadly, he's still suspended for one more game.

The defense will need to score in order for the Chiefs to even sniff 10 points next week.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 02:32 PM
No matter who sucks or who is good Chiefs vs. Faders is always close and hard-fought. This is never a game to take for granted.

For the record, we did not lose to the Texans because of play-calling as many have stated. We lost because we had 4 turnovers and a slew of penalties. Most any team that is -2 in turnover ratio and loses field position on every possesion due to penalties will not win said game. Period. It's not rocket science.

Our offense came out looking good on the first drive but had the wind taken from their sails on a missed field goal and then a fumble shortly after on a kick return. The Chiefs' offense could not get in rhythm after that and Houston adjusted accordingly to keep their lead. We made mistakes. Herm didn't fumble the ball. Solari didn't throw a pick. Carl Peterson did not miss a field goal. These guys have made many painful mistakes for Chiefs' fans but put the blame where it truly lies. Eventually, it actually does come down to the players on the field. They made mistakes and did not execute. That is why we lost.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 02:54 PM
Peterson, Edwards, and Solari placed on the field the offense that didn't perform, and play calling did play a part in the loss IMO. Now, having said thus, I will also give the appropriate credit to those three for any wins that we get; if we get.

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
As enjoyable as it might be, I'm not sure beating the Raiders this year counts...they'll likely beat themselves.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 03:00 PM
I do agree that they didn't open the playbook up enough to give us a chance once we were behind and yes, they fielded the team that lost on Sunday. However, every guy on the Chiefs' roster is paid to do a job and do it well. All I'm saying is that at some point, the players need to take some of the heat for turning the ball over, committing senseless penalties, and missing kicks.

I'm glad that worthless kicker is gone, btw. That little punk wanted to hold-out for more money and rolled his eyes about having to practice. Then, when he gets on the field in a real game, he can't do his job. Good riddance, imo.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 03:20 PM
I do agree that they didn't open the playbook up enough to give us a chance once we were behind and yes, they fielded the team that lost on Sunday. However, every guy on the Chiefs' roster is paid to do a job and do it well. All I'm saying is that at some point, the players need to take some of the heat for turning the ball over, committing senseless penalties, and missing kicks.

I'm glad that worthless kicker is gone, btw. That little punk wanted to hold-out for more money and rolled his eyes about having to practice. Then, when he gets on the field in a real game, he can't do his job. Good riddance, imo.

Agreed and well said! :sign0098:

chief31
09-14-2007, 04:24 PM

Having watched the replay today, I feel alot better about that game. The offensive pass-interference call, against Gonzo, was ludacris. And the "fumble" looked like a very bad call, too. Both of those were drive-killers.

Aside from that the defense didn't play bad and the offense didn't play as poorly as I had thought.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Having watched the replay today, I feel alot better about that game. The offensive pass-interference call, against Gonzo, was ludacris. And the "fumble" looked like a very bad call, too. Both of those were drive-killers.

Aside from that the defense didn't play bad and the offense didn't play as poorly as I had thought.

Eggsactly! :D The PI on Tony was complete lunacy. How can a guy who is not even in the area of the pass interfere??? The "fumble" by Wilson is yet another challenge we have already been screwed on this year. I've seen that exact same scenario called incomplete on numerous occasions.

Another thing that got to me was the suspect catch by Davis on the ground. If that was any of the Chiefs' receivers they would have shown the replay a million times before the next snap to make sure the ball didn't bounce off the turf.

Instead, we got one look from a crappy angle that didn't show us anything and that was it. There also was no replay shown on the bogus PI call on Tony nor was there one on a holding call that brought back a first down run.

I see this every year with the Chiefs. Other teams and other games get broken down frame by frame constantly during the game but if it's a suspect call for the Chiefs, they don't even want to show us because they know the outcry from the fans will be heard everywhere. They don't want to give us any ammo to say we are getting screwed.

Say what you want about the leaders of the Chiefs' organization. They make plenty of bonehead mistakes and do seem to hold us back. However, I know that another reason why we can't seem to get ahead is the NFL's pimping of teams to improve certain market areas. They try to be sneaky about giving other teams advantages because they know the Chiefs will still bring in plenty of cash for the organization and the league through merchandise and ticket sales. I've watched the Chiefs long enough now that I can see through their charades.

chief31
09-14-2007, 04:54 PM
Eggsactly! :D The PI on Tony was complete lunacy. How can a guy who is not even in the area of the pass interfere??? The "fumble" by Wilson is yet another challenge we have already been screwed on this year. I've seen that exact same scenario called incomplete on numerous occasions.

Another thing that got to me was the suspect catch by Davis on the ground. If that was any of the Chiefs' receivers they would have shown the replay a million times before the next snap to make sure the ball didn't bounce off the turf.

Instead, we got one look from a crappy angle that didn't show us anything and that was it. There also was no replay shown on the bogus PI call on Tony nor was there one on a holding call that brought back a first down run.

I see this every year with the Chiefs. Other teams and other games get broken down frame by frame constantly during the game but if it's a suspect call for the Chiefs, they don't even want to show us because they know the outcry from the fans will be heard everywhere. They don't want to give us any ammo to say we are getting screwed.

Say what you want about the leaders of the Chiefs' organization. They make plenty of bonehead mistakes and do seem to hold us back. However, I know that another reason why we can't seem to get ahead is the NFL's pimping of teams to improve certain market areas. They try to be sneaky about giving other teams advantages because they know the Chiefs will still bring in plenty of cash for the organization and the league through merchandise and ticket sales. I've watched the Chiefs long enough now that I can see through their charades.

Seein' as how I was watching a recording of the game, I got to rewind the Gonzo PI play a few times.

He was running an IN route and a linebacker stepped up to hit him, (while the ball was in the air and nowhere near the play) Tony didn't appear to do anything, aside from step out of his route to avoid the contact, which was initiated by the defender.

One of the worst calls that I have ever seen.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 05:11 PM
Seein' as how I was watching a recording of the game, I got to rewind the Gonzo PI play a few times.

He was running an IN route and a linebacker stepped up to hit him, (while the ball was in the air and nowhere near the play) Tony didn't appear to do anything, aside from step out of his route to avoid the contact, which was initiated by the defender.

One of the worst calls that I have ever seen.

And there you have it! The Chiefs getting screwed once again. Some of the calls and no-shows of replays in this game make me think something fishy was going on. I don't like to be a conspiracy theorist, though. I like to believe that things are mostly on the up and up in NFL games. Especially as far as the officiating is concerned. But this crap happens to us so much it's easily recognizable now. Has Tim Donagey been working Chiefs games in disguise?

Canada
09-14-2007, 08:08 PM
Did you see the "offensive pass interference" call on Todd Heap on Monday night?? If that is not a case for your argument I don't know what is!!

chief31
09-14-2007, 08:16 PM
Did you see the "offensive pass interference" call on Todd Heap on Monday night?? If that is not a case for your argument I don't know what is!!

At least there was some contact by Heap. Gonzales tried to avoid being hit bu the linebacker.

m0ef0e
09-14-2007, 08:33 PM

Yeah, I had to choke down some bile on that call. When the game's on the line and the offense gets into the end zone you can't make nit-picky calls like that. At some point you have to let the players play. I was inclined to think that the call folliwing that one by the same guy was trying to make up for it. The Chiefs didn't even get that much.

Canada
09-14-2007, 09:13 PM
Yeah, I had to choke down some bile on that call. When the game's on the line and the offense gets into the end zone you can't make nit-picky calls like that. At some point you have to let the players play. I was inclined to think that the call folliwing that one by the same guy was trying to make up for it. The Chiefs didn't even get that much.

True!! :bananen_smilies046: (<---- Post of the month right there boys!!)

sling58
09-15-2007, 07:26 AM

I second the motion......All in favor?

Canada
09-15-2007, 09:09 AM
I!!!!!!

spiman
09-16-2007, 02:13 AM
Done. Motion Carried: Next order of business?

Chiefster
09-16-2007, 05:19 AM

I second the motion......All in favor?

I!!!!!!

Done. Motion Carried: Next order of business?

Motion carries only if you post it in the contest thread and vote it in; have you so posted?

chief31
09-16-2007, 06:00 AM
Ya know... This is a difficult choice. The Bears, at times, have a very good offense. On those occaisions, they have a much better offense than ours. However, when their offense if bad, it is far worse than ours. The Bears have a miserable offense, when Rex is bad. Although I have already voted on this matter, I would consider the Bears' most recent games and the Chiefs most recent games (Say about eight games, aside from preseason) and decide that the Bears actually have the worst offense. My biased and bitterness clouded my judgement.

rbedgood
09-16-2007, 12:11 PM
The Bears have a bipolar offense...it depends on whether "Good Rex" or "Bad Rex" shows up. They can be a top 5 offense in the league with "Good Rex" and by far the worst with "Bad Rex". I do think that you can't go back to last season as a comparison point, as Thomas Jones was a key to their offense last season and he is gone. I don't think that Benson will effectively replace Jones as he doesn't have the breakaway ability that Jones has/had. Benson is more powerful, but doesn't have that cutback ability to turn a 5 yarder into a 25 yarder. That will be missed in their offense.

hermhater
09-18-2007, 01:17 PM
The Bears have a bipolar offense...it depends on whether "Good Rex" or "Bad Rex" shows up. They can be a top 5 offense in the league with "Good Rex" and by far the worst with "Bad Rex". I do think that you can't go back to last season as a comparison point, as Thomas Jones was a key to their offense last season and he is gone. I don't think that Benson will effectively replace Jones as he doesn't have the breakaway ability that Jones has/had. Benson is more powerful, but doesn't have that cutback ability to turn a 5 yarder into a 25 yarder. That will be missed in their offense.

Ahem... I believe I saw him juke D Johnson pretty bad before he hit the secondary.

m0ef0e
09-18-2007, 01:20 PM
Ahem... I believe I saw him juke D Johnson pretty bad before he hit the secondary.

Yeah, that was a nice move. Hated to see it happen against us but that was somewhat Sanders-esque. A thing of beauty.

rbedgood
09-18-2007, 04:38 PM

Going back...ability is there...it is not his strength in general. He tends to be more of a power first runner.

hermhater
09-18-2007, 04:42 PM
Going back...ability is there...it is not his strength in general. He tends to be more of a power first runner.

I am not a scout and just call 'em as I see 'em.

chief31
09-18-2007, 04:43 PM
Yeah, that was a nice move. Hated to see it happen against us but that was somewhat Sanders-esque. A thing of beauty.

It was a very good move. But if D.J. had his eyes below Bensons waist, as they should be on an open-field tackle attempt, then the move would have been wasted. Not attacking DJ, it happens to NFL players all the time. But, a mental lapse is still a mistake.

hermhater
09-18-2007, 04:46 PM
It was a very good move. But if D.J. had his eyes below Bensons waist, as they should be on an open-field tackle attempt, then the move would have been wasted. Not attacking DJ, it happens to NFL players all the time. But, a mental lapse is still a mistake.

Hey, what down was it when it happened? Did he get a first down because of the move?

God I can't wait to get my vid card back.

If I post clips to youtube then link to them they would be responsible for copyright infringement then right?

chief31
09-18-2007, 04:50 PM
Hey, what down was it when it happened? Did he get a first down because of the move?

God I can't wait to get my vid card back.

If I post clips to youtube then link to them they would be responsible for copyright infringement then right?

Beats the piss out of me. You should talk to guru, maybe. He has a couple of mini-clips in his signature. Maybe he has some more insight about that kind of thing.

m0ef0e
09-18-2007, 05:45 PM

True, but when a guy gets that much lateral movement, that quickly, it's going to break the ankles of a lot of guys. Even at the pro level. No way is Benson anywhere close to Sanders, but that one move was rather similar to some of the things Barry did, IMO. It was really just a great play. I don't fault DJ too much for missing that tackle. Like I said, I hate to see it against us but it sure was a nice move.