PDA

View Full Version : OLB situation

pbatrucker
03-03-2010, 10:33 AM
Insider Blog: OLB Situation at the Crossroads (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-OLB-Situation-at-the-Crossroads/1fd2c209-ba38-4cd6-88ff-190431037eec)
HMMM! Peppers anyone?

matthewschiefs
03-03-2010, 12:00 PM
Peppers would be nice. I still dont think we are going to be able to grab him but he would be a real nice addition to this team.

jacko58
03-03-2010, 12:27 PM
what im hoping for is for us to pick up dansby wed have dansby and im hoping jonhson in the middle with vrabel and hali outside id be fine with that

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-03-2010, 01:27 PM
ok ok ok ok ok.

Peppers is a 4-3 defensive end, one of the best pass rushers in the league, and an amazing player.

No one has EVER seen him drop into coverage more than a shallow zone scheme.

He is completely unproven as an outside linebacker, is getting older, and doesn't fit our scheme in his natural position.

Oh, and he's going to get a MASSIVE pay day. Let it go...

Seek
03-03-2010, 02:13 PM
ok ok ok ok ok.

Peppers is a 4-3 defensive end, one of the best pass rushers in the league, and an amazing player.

He is completely unproven as an outside linebacker, is getting older, and doesn't fit our scheme in his natural position.

Exactly....

jacko58
03-03-2010, 02:45 PM
agreed

Hayvern
03-03-2010, 03:01 PM
I think our best bet comes from resigning Vrabel and continue to work on Studebaker as his replacement. With Vrabel on the field teaching Stude and Hali, both of those guys could turn into really serviceable players for the future.

pbatrucker
03-03-2010, 03:05 PM
ok ok ok ok ok.

I agree with you, but if you read the article and what they want in a OLB then Peppers fits the bill. McGinnist wasn't a prototypical OLB either but worked out pretty well.
I do not think there is a remote possibility of Peppers signing with the Chiefs, just pointing out that he could fit there need.

yashi
03-03-2010, 03:13 PM
I think drafting an explosive pass rushing OLB should be a top priority this offseason, along with acquiring a NT and improving the OL. Let's not forget that despite the improvement, we still had the 2nd fewest sacks in the league last season.

I would absolutely love to pick up a guy like Jerry Hughes at the top of the 2nd round.

kcmostwanted
03-03-2010, 04:32 PM
How about a player like George Selvie.. He's a beast and would have been a 1st round pick had he come out last year.. I think he's an excellent OLB project because he's already a natural pass rusher (just has to get comfy w/ dropping into coverage)....and he we can probably get him in the 3rd or 4th :-)

AussieChiefsFan
03-03-2010, 06:32 PM
Having peppers would be great for the defense IMO. Keeping Mike Vrabel is a must to I think.

Seek
03-04-2010, 12:47 PM
I still think they should try DJ at OLB. I know he is a little undersized but still. It is more natural to him than ILB, and to be honest, Vrable did squat to create any pressure, he was always stood up at the line of scrimmage.