PDA

View Full Version : Let's Steal Morrison

bigpoppachief
03-04-2010, 08:28 AM
I was just reading on Yahoo that the Re Tard raiders pur LB Kirk Morrison only for a third round tender. he is the leading tackler on thier team and would be a nice quick fix for us being that he is still young and proven to be a good player in the league PLUS just stealing a player from the Raiders would be satisfying lol

pbatrucker
03-04-2010, 08:35 AM
From what I'm reading on Morrison is he's great in coverage, not so good against the run. IF that is true, it probably isn't a good fit.

yashi
03-04-2010, 09:09 AM
ESPN's Scouting Report:

Morrison is an extremely instinctive LB who has the size, strength and speed to make plays all over the field. He is very quick to read and react. He's physical against the run and is a good solid tackler. Morrison can take on and shed blocks quickly. He has good lateral quickness and is agile enough in space to make plays against quick change-of-direction runners. He knows how to play with knee bend and he uses his hands well play off contact. In passing situations, he does a good job of gaining depth quickly and reacting to patterns in zone situations. He can anticipate and get a good break on the short to intermediate throws. He is a player that should continue to contribute at a high level and does not get enough credit for his production.

I've always thought Morrison is a very good linebacker. Of course, he doesn't run a 4.4, so to Al Davis he is not a great player. I'd love to get him.

yashi
03-04-2010, 09:19 AM
From what I'm reading on Morrison is he's great in coverage, not so good against the run. IF that is true, it probably isn't a good fit.

ProFootballFocus.com - By Position (http://profootballfocus.com/by_position.php?tab=by_position&season=2009&pos=ILB&stype=r&runpass=&teamid=-1&numsnaps=25&numgames=1)

PFF has him as the 4th best ILB in the entire league against the run last season based on their equations. I trust them a lot since they also have Flowers as the 5th best CB, which I believe is pretty accurate and not widespread knowledge around the league.

70 chiefsfan70
03-04-2010, 10:09 AM
I would like to see us pick him up, he would definately improve our D.
We have so many holes to fill and so many of our draft picks have not panned out,therefore in my opinion it makes sense to find good solid proven players when opportunity strikes.

Also lets take one of the raiders top players, and watch Al Davis draft a dud with a bad attitude or on probation.

matthewschiefs
03-04-2010, 10:19 AM
I think he would be able to help. And right now any help is good help. This is the type of guy that Pioli would sign.

yashi
03-04-2010, 10:44 AM
I would like to see us pick him up, he would definately improve our D.
We have so many holes to fill and so many of our draft picks have not panned out,therefore in my opinion it makes sense to find good solid proven players when opportunity strikes.

Also lets take one of the raiders top players, and watch Al Davis draft a dud with a bad attitude or on probation.

But.. if he can run really fast in a straight line or throw a ball 70 yards from his knees, he's a great player.

"He's a great player.........get over it."

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/173.jpg

Connie Jo
03-04-2010, 10:59 AM
But.. if he can run really fast in a straight line or throw a ball 70 yards from his knees, he's a great player.

What happens to people like Al Davis that makes them the way they are? He wreaks of evil in this pic! SCARY!!

Chief Tyler
03-04-2010, 11:23 AM
From what I've been hearing too, the Cardinals have lowered their expectations for Boldin, only wanting a 3rd. It would be pretty awesome if we could trade away one of our seconds for a couple thirds at least. End up with Morrison, Boldin and a 3rd round choice that we could spend on a guy like Nate Allen, Darrell Stuckey, Linval Joseph or that monster lifter Petrus. In a scenario that seems totally plausible we'd get 2 of the better and proven players in the NFL at their respective positions as well as a draft choice that fills an extreme need.

Canada
03-04-2010, 11:35 AM
What happens to people like Al Davis that makes them the way they are? He wreaks of evil in this pic! SCARY!!

Drugs

70 chiefsfan70
03-04-2010, 12:21 PM

YEP!! That line came out of 1st page in Al Davis (How to Draft a Great player ) handbook!

Thats one of his best photos! haha:lol: :lol:

Seek
03-04-2010, 12:41 PM
In my opinion and this is from Watching Morrision play the Chiefs.. He is highly over rated. He has done nothing against the Chiefs that made me hate him for being raider nor worry about him.

Regardless of what Al Davis or any media person says about him. He did nothing against our pathetic offense to make me think it would be a good deal giving up a 3rd round pick for him when we probably could get a very reliable Guard/center or safety with a 3rd round.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-04-2010, 01:53 PM
Kirk Morrison is an excellent linebacker and by all evidence, we'd be lucky to get him for a third.

KottkeKU
03-04-2010, 02:31 PM
He did nothing against our pathetic offense to make me think it would be a good deal giving up a 3rd round pick for him when we probably could get a very reliable Guard/center or safety with a 3rd round.

I would love to add Kirk Morrison to our team. He is a solid, sure tackler who is physical and strong. I think he would be a great fit at ILB next to Tamba Hali. Basing your opinion on a few games is not fair. He is underrated in my opinion, because the Raiders collectively have proven that they do not play well as a team. Individually, they have some talent. Just no way to coach it up.

And you have to be lucky to snag a "reliable" 3rd rounder.... this draft is particularly weak at Center, so you could most likely get a guard in the 3rd who could be serviceable in a year or two. OR you could send a 3rd rounder OAK's way, let them blow it, and send us a Reliable tackling machine at ILB....and playing against the run is his strength if anything. I think if there is something he needs to work on, its cover skills, and just doing all the other things aside from tackling. Tackling he can do, and thats why i want him. I certainly think he would be an upgrade over Demorrio Williams who played maybe 2 or 3 solid games this entire season imo...he is definitely a liability against the run.

Seek
03-04-2010, 03:43 PM
Kirk Morrison is an excellent linebacker and by all evidence, we'd be lucky to get him for a third.

If you say so, but the evidence in play against the Chiefs isn't there.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-04-2010, 05:56 PM
If you say so, but the evidence in play against the Chiefs isn't there.

Sorry, but you are just wrong.

In his first game against KC this year he had 13 solo tackles.

the next time he played us he had 10 solo tackles.

he's a tackling machine, even when you are watching him against the Chiefs.

Seek
03-05-2010, 09:46 AM
Sorry, but you are just wrong.

In his first game against KC this year he had 13 solo tackles.

the next time he played us he had 10 solo tackles.

he's a tackling machine, even when you are watching him against the Chiefs.

So you are saying the chiefs were so worried about Morrison that running the ball at him wasn't an option.

Sorry, but Mike Mazlowski was a tackling machine but teams still ran on the Chiefs and at Mike Mazlowski with success.

He does not stand out to me as a dominating MLB that completely shuts down the middle. I am not saying he sucks... I just think he is over rated.

hometeam
03-05-2010, 11:06 AM
Ill take morrison in a heartbeat.