PDA

View Full Version : moving forward without gonzo

jacko58
03-04-2010, 07:22 PM
i dont feel like we even want to think of life without gonzo even though hes been gone for a year now. last year we just plugged ryan and pope in not expecting them to come close to filling in the hole that was left. i think we must addres that this draft. thers some good te in this draft class id live to see dickerson in the red and gold. theres no chance anyone will fillthe hole left by gonzo but we can still get a big time threat for the te position what yall think

matthewschiefs
03-04-2010, 08:01 PM
Cottams play right before he got hurt was something to be excited about for the TE spot. But we do need some help there. I would love to see us draft a TE and hope that we can get a pair of TEs that would fill the spot Gonzo left.

pbatrucker
03-04-2010, 08:27 PM
Pioli has already stated they will be looking for a TE.

honda522
03-04-2010, 08:42 PM
I think we shouldn't be looking for a tight end right now. We don't need that kind of tight end right now. We need a blocker. Tony was the type of guy to get the ball thrown to him 5-6 times a game.

There isn't that many tight ends out there with skills like that. We have Cottam and Pope. Keep those guys. They are decent.

Just don't have slack off wide receivers.

YZILLA
03-04-2010, 09:17 PM
I think we shouldn't be looking for a tight end right now. We don't need that kind of tight end right now. We need a blocker. Tony was the type of guy to get the ball thrown to him 5-6 times a game.

There isn't that many tight ends out there with skills like that. We have Cottam and Pope. Keep those guys. They are decent.

Just don't have slack off wide receivers.

Agreed ! :bananen_smilies046:

KottkeKU
03-04-2010, 09:37 PM
i would be extremely happy with taking a chance on Anthony Davis, the TE from USC...right now he is projected somewhere in the 4th round. I think that is great value for a player of his caliber.

AussieChiefsFan
03-04-2010, 09:53 PM
i dont feel like we even want to think of life without gonzo even though hes been gone for a year now. last year we just plugged ryan and pope in not expecting them to come close to filling in the hole that was left. i think we must addres that this draft. thers some good te in this draft class id live to see dickerson in the red and gold. theres no chance anyone will fillthe hole left by gonzo but we can still get a big time threat for the te position what yall think
Well TG whas such a great player so yeah, as you say the whole will never be completely filled but we can try.

jap1
03-04-2010, 10:13 PM
I would love to see a good blocking TE. Someone like Jason Dunn used to be back in the day. That would really improve our running game alot.

honda522
03-04-2010, 10:14 PM
I would love to see a good blocking TE. Someone like Jason Dunn used to be back in the day. That would really improve our running game alot.
Rep.

whatwasthat?
03-04-2010, 10:31 PM
Cottams play right before he got hurt was something to be excited about for the TE spot. But we do need some help there. I would love to see us draft a TE and hope that we can get a pair of TEs that would fill the spot Gonzo left.

ehh...cottam allowed like 6 sacks from his position...

AussieChiefsFan
03-04-2010, 10:32 PM
ehh...cottam allowed like 6 sacks from his position...
And he aslo made a lot of good catches before he got inhured.

stricken721
03-04-2010, 10:49 PM
And he aslo made a lot of good catches before he got inhured.

He showed flashes of being a good TE, but 9 catches in 8 games isn't enough to feel safe with him. Jason Dunn was the best blocking TE we have ever had and that's what we need again.

honda522
03-04-2010, 11:41 PM
He showed flashes of being a good TE, but 9 catches in 8 games isn't enough to feel safe with him. Jason Dunn was the best blocking TE we have ever had and that's what we need again.
In his defense he didn't play many games, nor got thrown to often.

stricken721
03-04-2010, 11:46 PM
In his defense he didn't play many games, nor got thrown to often.

I agree. Like I said he showed flashes of being a good TE, with a full season under his belt he could be the TE we are looking for but 12 catches in 2 season isn't enough to say he is THAT guy. I'm all for giving him a chance I like the guy, I would just like to see him given more playing time.

matthewschiefs
03-05-2010, 12:13 AM
I agree. Like I said he showed flashes of being a good TE, with a full season under his belt he could be the TE we are looking for but 12 catches in 2 season isn't enough to say he is THAT guy. I'm all for giving him a chance I like the guy, I would just like to see him given more playing time.

I would love to see us give he that chance. I dont think he is going to ever been near half the player that Tony was when he was in KC. But him and anther player can be near what Tony gave the chiefs IMO.