PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs going after chester Taylor ?

YZILLA
03-04-2010, 08:02 PM
I was reading over at Arrowheadpride that the Chiefs are targeting Chester Taylor and Nate burrleson . Any thoughts ?

AussieChiefsFan
03-04-2010, 08:06 PM
I think having CHestor Taylor on the team would be great. A good backup to Jamaal Charles with a lot of talent. Alo he's a little older than everyone else on the team, even the players that have been with the chiefs for the longest like Dustin Colquitt.

YZILLA
03-04-2010, 08:14 PM
hes got a lot of fuel in the tank !!! I love this idea !

AussieChiefsFan
03-04-2010, 08:18 PM
hes got a lot of fuel in the tank !!! I love this idea !
Then we're agreed!:bananen_smilies046:

DC_Chiefsfan
03-04-2010, 08:20 PM
I would like both additions. Solid players that will take some money, but won't break the bank! Great Idea!

KottkeKU
03-04-2010, 08:35 PM
id rather draft a rookie in rounds 5-7, even undrafted. Just based on money alone, he will command more than what he is worth. A solid player, but what he brings to the table i think we can find in the draft with more youth, potential, and longevity.

pbatrucker
03-04-2010, 08:57 PM
Both would be solid pick ups.

honda522
03-04-2010, 08:57 PM
IDK about Burleson. He has had trouble few and far between. "LJ as a wide receiver".

I'd take Chester though.

whatwasthat?
03-04-2010, 09:34 PM
taylor definately

yashi
03-04-2010, 09:43 PM
One nice thing about Taylor is that when JC goes out of the game, we wouldn't lose the pass catching ability and pass blocking. Taylor is one of the best RBs in the league when it comes to the passing game.

stricken721
03-04-2010, 09:46 PM
It would be nice to have two running backs that can catch out of the backfield. As long as he doesn't ask too much, there is no reason why we shouldn't bring him in.

matthewschiefs
03-04-2010, 10:02 PM
I would not mind getting Taylor he would go along real good with Charles.

TheLateGreat#58Fan
03-04-2010, 10:07 PM
Chester Taylor is roughly the same size as J. Charles. I like his experience he is a good blocker and pass catcher, but it still doesnt fix our need for a short yardage guy.

And I love the Chiefs but why would he leave a team that almost won the NFC to be a number 2 back for us-Unless we we're throwing money at him.

He's a good back I just dont see it

Coach
03-04-2010, 10:22 PM
Chester Taylor would be great! Although I'd love Thomas Jones a little more. Either would be great. Burleson would be an upgrade, but is more a 3rd WR than he is a solution to our problems.

whatwasthat?
03-05-2010, 01:10 AM
id rather draft a rookie in rounds 5-7, even undrafted. Just based on money alone, he will command more than what he is worth. A solid player, but what he brings to the table i think we can find in the draft with more youth, potential, and longevity.

we should probably still draft a big back if we did pick him up because chester taylor still wouldnt be the future backup for charles...but i disagree...you may find a back with talented running skills but i dont think a rookie back will have the passing game skills that taylor has...blocking, route running, hands, etc.

brish
03-05-2010, 02:16 AM
Both would be ok with me!

Big Daddy Tek
03-05-2010, 02:37 AM
Link: Burleson Is Gone Now (http://chiefsinformer.com/chiefs-interested-in-burleson-lions-snatched-him/)

Sn@keIze
03-05-2010, 06:33 AM
would love to have Taylor.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-05-2010, 10:21 AM
Obviously we need someone in the back field and Taylor would be good, Jones would be MUCH better. I have to say though, it doesn't do JACK to sign anyone at that position if the O line is not dramatically improved!

Ryfo18
03-05-2010, 10:38 AM
Obviously we need someone in the back field and Taylor would be good, Jones would be MUCH better. I have to say though, it doesn't do JACK to sign anyone at that position if the O line is not dramatically improved!

What do you call the end of last year? I don't remember the numbers exactly but it was something like 23 sacks given up in the first 8 games, and 10 in the last 8. For an offensive line that had their offense taken away two weeks before the season, I think they performed pretty damn well, and the last 8 games showed what this line is capable of. Great offensive lines are built off of guys being familiar with each other and always on the same page so that assignments aren't missed. I'm not saying we shouldn't draft any linemen, it's definitely not our #1 priority though.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-05-2010, 10:43 AM
OHHHHH I could not disagree more!!!! The O line should be THE #1 PRIORITY!! Especially at left guard and tackle! 8 games in the last 3 years does not give me confidence in something that has been the ultimate demise of this team for years! I agree that continuity is key but the left side of this line is horrid!

Ryfo18
03-05-2010, 10:45 AM
OHHHHH I could not disagree more!!!! The O line should be THE #1 PRIORITY!! Especially at left guard and tackle! 8 games in the last 3 years does not give me confidence in something that has been the ultimate demise of this team for years! I agree that continuity is key but the left side of this line is horrid!

So Brian Waters and Branden Albert are our top candidates to replace then? What are you talking about?

Drunker Hillbilly
03-05-2010, 11:48 AM
Did you watch Brian Waters last year??? Look I am a Waters fan especially for what he does off the field but his game has gone downhill as far as I'm concerned. He's 33 yrs old and has been around for 11 or 12 years. He's lost a few steps IMO. As far as Albert goes...not impressed after one year. Ya I know it's only one year but there are reports that the Chiefs will go after a left tackle in the draft so they can move Albert to the right side of the line. Good decision IMO. I heard 3 NFL scouts on NFL Network talking about this very thing last week.

yashi
03-05-2010, 11:54 AM
I love Brian Waters and what he's done for KC, but he had a very bad season last year and was also whistled for 8 penalties. Hillbilly is correct. Wade Smith was actually much more effective at RG than Waters was at LG.

Ryfo18
03-05-2010, 12:44 PM
All I'm saying is that the offensive line that showed tremendous improvement in the last 8 games of the season is not the top priority, especially on a team that easily led the league in dropped passes and continued to give up HUGE plays on defense.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-05-2010, 01:25 PM
Cassell was sacked over 40 times, threw for less than 6 yds a pass, threw 16 INT's and had an under 70 passer rating. I think those are pretty good indicators that the O line is a priority!! Chambers, if resigned will get a ton of catches thereby lowering the dropped ball ratio IMO. Yes, I absolutely agree that the defense needs major improvement but this O line has been the #1 reason this team has been so bad for so many years lately. The O line is the core of a football team. How were the Chiefs when we had the best O line in football?

YZILLA
03-05-2010, 02:19 PM
Looks like Chester Taylor is off the board anyway. NFL network at about 1:00 central recieved a statement from the chicago sun tribune that Taylor has agreed on a contract with the bears of like 15 million 7 guaranteed . something like that !

YZILLA
03-05-2010, 02:23 PM
The one reason we did better in the *** end of the season was due to a zone blocking scheme which allowed Jamal charles to get some major yards , thus opening up the pass due to the huge threat of the big run plays . I say we shore up the line though, Hillbilly is right , Waters is losing his game and we need to fix that side of the line and move Albert to the right side.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-05-2010, 02:30 PM
Taylor deal done.