PDA

View Full Version : Jamal Williams

pbatrucker
03-05-2010, 05:04 AM
The Chargers cut Jamal Williams. I know he has injury problems. But if we draft a NT, Williams could possibly be a veteran mentor for the draftee.
He's a beast when healthy and could be a stop gap for next year.

yashi
03-05-2010, 07:40 AM
I've been thinking the same thing. I'd be happy to sign him to a 1 year deal and draft Cam Thomas or Linval Joseph.

pbatrucker
03-05-2010, 09:20 AM
I've been thinking the same thing. I'd be happy to sign him to a 1 year deal and draft Cam Thomas or Linval Joseph.
Great minds think alike.:canbeer:

stevefuller
03-05-2010, 12:09 PM
Oh Boy!! We should have moved on this by now!! This is a must do in my eyes. If he's healthly what a steal he would be.

Jamal is a monster!!

Then, say we sign Terrence Cody in the second round. Wow! Our weak NT position now becomes a strength.

Sign this man-beast now!!

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-05-2010, 12:54 PM
The Chargers cut Jamal Williams. I know he has injury problems. But if we draft a NT, Williams could possibly be a veteran mentor for the draftee.
He's a beast when healthy and could be a stop gap for next year.

I was looking at it, and I think we should bring him in.

Yes, he was out last year with a torn triceps, but before that he missed 7 games in 7 seasons.

For a 360 pound trench fighter, i think that's pretty reasonable. Especially if we bring him in to be a rotational guy. it couldn't possibly hurt, so I hope we do it.

Let's face it, good nose tackles aren't lining up outside Home Depot trying to find work. If one of them is available, you have to go after him.

stevefuller
03-05-2010, 01:03 PM
Absolutely!

Pick up the phone Pioli.....

jap1
03-05-2010, 09:50 PM
Great minds think alike.:canbeer:

Ditto.:bananen_smilies046:

Coach
03-05-2010, 10:53 PM
I agree that we need to take a strong look at Jamal. Even if we plan to draft a NT in the 2nd round. Jamal has to be better than one of our current 53 players.

KottkeKU
03-05-2010, 11:51 PM
agreed. I would take J.Williams : ) We don't have any problems taking Chargers...i.e. Chambers. I think Williams could give us a solid year, and definitely help out a youngster like Cam Thomas....

I REALLY want a Eric Berry, Cam Thomas one two punch this draft....