PDA

View Full Version : Come on Scott pick up the phone!!

stevefuller
03-05-2010, 12:23 PM
Dear Mr Pioli

Pick up the phone and get the players you are after. That is if you are a man of your word. "We will be active in free agency". It does'nt sit well with me that you sit there and always say stuff like....we was interested in him....bla bla bla.
Get your guys. Now!

Sign Jamal Williams

Ryfo18
03-05-2010, 12:42 PM
Yeah I haven't heard any news on KC doing anything or talking to anyone in free agency and i've been looking everywhere.

Williams will most likely end up back in SD though.

matthewschiefs
03-05-2010, 01:10 PM
This is not the time that Pioli is active.. He mostly signs guys in the 2nd wave. Not big names but guys who fly under the radar. We will see some action probley not a lot.

Seek
03-05-2010, 01:15 PM
When did he say they will be active in FA. I am pretty sure I heard him say, not to expect much with FA because of the uncapped year.

I am sure he is staying out of the uncapped bidding wars.

matthewschiefs
03-05-2010, 01:19 PM
When did he say they will be active in FA. I am pretty sure I heard him say, not to expect much with FA because of the uncapped year.

I am sure he is staying out of the uncapped bidding wars.

He said they would be active. But then he went on to say just because your dont sign many people does not mean that you were not active. I think he was useing double talk to say we wont see that much, but hopefuly we see some movement.

pbatrucker
03-05-2010, 01:33 PM
I have read blurbs here and there that say he is activly persueing Chambers and I'm sure that he is in contact with other agents, but he is not going to tell the world.
Dansby has said he will visit every team that has contacted him. From what I'm hearing he is after 9 mil a year. If he is going to visit every team that means no one is willing to pay him that amount.

KristofLaw
03-06-2010, 07:20 PM
We got money and I would love to use some of it on Darren Sharper.

captainamerica
03-06-2010, 07:31 PM
We got money and I would love to use some of it on Darren Sharper.
We'd have to overpay him a lot to get him to come to our team. Darren's an older guy and would most likely want to go to or stay on a team that's a contender. If we were to get him we'd have to pay him a ton, because not only would we be competing with other teams that are SB contenders, but we'd also have to be competing with the Saints (the team that he'll almost certainly re-sign with in my opinion.) The Chiefs signing Darren Sharper is very highly improbable.

KristofLaw
03-06-2010, 07:41 PM
We'd have to overpay him a lot to get him to come to our team. Darren's an older guy and would most likely want to go to or stay on a team that's a contender. If we were to get him we'd have to pay him a ton, because not only would we be competing with other teams that are SB contenders, but we'd also have to be competing with the Saints (the team that he'll almost certainly re-sign with in my opinion.) The Chiefs signing Darren Sharper is very highly improbable.

I agree. You're post is spot on, but it'd be nice.

wichitaj
03-06-2010, 07:51 PM
An uncapped year also means, and i hate to bring it up, but it also mean no minimum salary floor either.

brish
03-06-2010, 08:02 PM
Thomas Jones to visit KC on monday! :)

dale6734
03-06-2010, 09:30 PM
someone else should sign him Sunday then

Seek
03-07-2010, 12:15 PM
The reason there is an uncapped year is becasue the owners are asking for the players to give a percentage of wha the owners make because the current model is not working.

If the Chiefs go out and spend the bank because it is an uncapped year... That contradicts everything the owners are arguing that caused the uncapped year.

I don't see the chiefs being to active in FA specially with high dollar players.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-07-2010, 12:47 PM
An uncapped year also means, and i hate to bring it up, but it also mean no minimum salary floor either.
Which is exactly what some teams will take advantage of. Some owners will clean house and pocket as much money as possible for a few years!! Just hope the Chiefs are not one of those teams.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 01:08 PM
Which is exactly what some teams will take advantage of. Some owners will clean house and pocket as much money as possible for a few years!! Just hope the Chiefs are not one of those teams.

I hope that we don't do that either but I also don't want us to go spend money like crazy. The teams that do that are going to pay the price. Simply because when they do reach a now CBA there is going to be a salary cap. They are going to pay the price then. So I think you need to spend wisely just like you would need to if there was a cap.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-07-2010, 01:11 PM
I hope that we don't do that either but I also don't want us to go spend money like crazy. The teams that do that are going to pay the price. Simply because when they do reach a now CBA there is going to be a salary cap. They are going to pay the price then. So I think you need to spend wisely just like you would need to if there was a cap.
Agreed! Middle of the road would be my perfect scenario.