PDA

View Full Version : Pioli knows best

NWA Chief
03-06-2010, 02:43 PM
So who did we get???

Peppers? Signed with the Bears making more than Stafford

Chester Taylor? Signed with the Bears to be their starter

Dunta Robinson? Signed with the Falcons and now making bank.

Boldin? Traded to the Ravensfor a 3rd and 4th round picks.

Dansby? Signed with the Dolphins to a big contract even though he's never made a ProBowl.

Antrel Rolle? Giants as the highest paid Safety in the league.

Why didn't we get these guys? They were all overpaid. minus Chester Taylor. Rolle couldn't make it as a CB and became a CB but he shouldn't be paid top safety $. Chester Taylor is turning 31 and I thought he could have been a great COMPLIMENTARY back. How many RB's are extremely successful after 30? The Bears paid out as much as we have on payroll to 3 players and that shows me they are overpaying players. The thing about Chicago is that they didn't accomplish anything on offense to help themselves. They still can't block long enough and need receivers to catch the ball in Martz's offense. We were the other team fighting for Boldin but they wanted more than KC was willing to give. I'm just saying, yes I wanted Boldin and maybe some of those others, but not enough to pay them more than they deserve. Pioli is not going to overpay some role payer or someone who is not a difference maker. Since we are so much under the cap, I'm sure that a big contract will be given to someone who is worth it. What do you guys think?

KottkeKU
03-06-2010, 02:49 PM
i think your right. Pioli is smart with his money, he is not going to shell out that kind of cash to a player who he doesn't think will work for it. Much less deserve it. Everybody in FA is overpaid, thats why you don't want to build a team that way. I think Pioli will sign maybe 2 new starters (im thinking LB is a good posibility, and maybe WR or OL) and draft another 2-3 if we are lucky. (NT, S, LB, OL, WR, are all places we can improve in the draft)..most of our FA signings will be for depth and minor upgrades, you build your core through the draft...

I really can't complain about anything Pioli has done since his tenure here. I think he has done a really good job so far. He got himself his QB right off the bat, and this year the coaching staff is in place. Now its just a matter of filling in the right players. But that can take a while obviously lol....his draft last year wasn't all that impressive, thats the only thing i guess i can complain about. Other than Tyson Jackson, and Ryan Succop, none of our other picks look very promising. (i guess we did get Vrabel and Cassel as well, so you gotta figure that in...)...im hoping we can get 3-4 good players in this draft. It would really help.

Pioli AkA $hithead
03-06-2010, 02:50 PM
NWA,

As long as we draft guys like tyson jackson we dont need any pro bowl FA. (Being sarcastic) We need to be active in FA. I can live with overpaying a FA and having him flop then DOING NOTHING AT ALL. Pioli has done nothing but bad moves since hes been general manager. Bout time King carl comes back

NWA Chief
03-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Please tell me ur joking Pioli AkA $hithead?
Lets make Antrel Rolle the highest paid Safety and then him do absolutely nothing? No thanks, Pioli was brought in when KC had absolutely no leadership, he brought in a guy he was familiar with as a QB since we tried Croyle and that didn't work, he brought in Vrabel as a leader in the locker room as well as a guy that can help us in the 3-4. Nobody said we were going 13-3 next year but if we do the right things in the draft as well as find people that can play a role our team in the FA, then he has done his job. Understand that Pioli has a method, that has been proven as he and his asisstant coaches have multiple superbowl rings. I hate to say this but King Carl has none in KC. Patience big dog.

brish
03-06-2010, 03:01 PM
NWA,

As long as we draft guys like tyson jackson we dont need any pro bowl FA. (Being sarcastic) We need to be active in FA. I can live with overpaying a FA and having him flop then DOING NOTHING AT ALL. Pioli has done nothing but bad moves since hes been general manager. Bout time King carl comes back

Seriously.. That name.. What are you 10?
:sign0104:

Pioli AkA $hithead
03-06-2010, 03:03 PM
We need to spend on FA to make changes with our team. If that means overspending fine, good players ARENT GOING TO COME CHEAP. And were not going to be making strides having crappy drafts, especially if we take baluga this year.

Ryfo18
03-06-2010, 03:10 PM
We need to spend on FA to make changes with our team. If that means overspending fine, good players ARENT GOING TO COME CHEAP. And were not going to be making strides having crappy drafts, especially if we take baluga this year.

Troll...

Steve Bono and Terrence Copper, seriously?

matthewschiefs
03-06-2010, 03:11 PM
NWA,

UMMM NO :sign0104:

NWA Chief
03-06-2010, 03:13 PM
I see that you miss the point that if you don't get your interior fixed, you can't win games. Just because the picks aren't sexy doesn't mean they don't have value....Oh and I am not a guy who wants to move Albert to Guard. I just know that you can't play without good lineman.

matthewschiefs
03-06-2010, 03:17 PM
I see that you miss the point that if you don't get your interior fixed, you can't win games. Just because the picks aren't sexy doesn't mean they don't have value....Oh and I am not a guy who wants to move Albert to Guard. I just know that you can't play without good lineman.

At the time he was drafted Tom Brady was not even a sexy pick. He was thought of as a backup at best. How did that work out. Its far to early to panic but By looking at the name I think this guy is just a troll.

Connie Jo
03-06-2010, 05:09 PM
Troll...

Steve Bono and Terrence Copper, seriously?

It's always a pleasure when particular thoughts arise while reading...to come across someone with the same thoughts! HA!

Clue #1 was Favorite Past Player, lol.

Pioli AkA $hithead
03-06-2010, 05:11 PM
You guys are unbelievable. He drafts Tyson jackson WHO DOES NOTHING THIS YEAR, and does NOTHING IN FA and you praise him? That makes no sense

Canada
03-06-2010, 05:20 PM
You guys are unbelievable. He drafts Tyson jackson WHO DOES NOTHING THIS YEAR, and does NOTHING IN FA and you praise him? That makes no sense

Its his first year, no one is praising him, we just arent running around screaming "the sky is falling, the sky is falling" You want a DE that can stop the run then when he does not get sacks some fool starts calling him a bust. Keep your mouth closed and pay attention for a bit.

matthewschiefs
03-06-2010, 05:21 PM

You troll a board and you think you make sense?

But just in case you are not a troll and are realy so upset about it. Its not even 2 days in FA and you are in panic mode. Give it time. We will see action. Just WAIT.

NWA Chief
03-06-2010, 07:01 PM
I love to see fans who are upset with 3-4 DE's because they aren't a pass rush threat. If you have a DE that can get past 2 OL each play, which is the amount of lineman on them nearly 80% of the time, then you better keep him because 3-4 DE's are there for the run support. They don't run 4.4 in the 40 and they are on the heavier side. To get 5 sacks out of a 3-4 DE is more than satisfactory. I wouldn't count on that happening in KC though, sorry. More sacks will come from the OLB's.

KottkeKU
03-06-2010, 07:15 PM
gonna be a lot of crow being served around here come next year. I think the Chiefs are in good position to make the playoffs this year...i haven't felt that way since....well ever.

matthewschiefs
03-06-2010, 07:17 PM
gonna be a lot of crow being served around here come next year. I think the Chiefs are in good position to make the playoffs this year...i haven't felt that way since....well ever.

I realy hope your right about the playoffs this year. I think we are a lot closer then people think to being a real good team. GO CHIEFS!!

KristofLaw
03-06-2010, 07:22 PM
This free-agency thread sucks.

NWA Chief
03-06-2010, 07:25 PM
You not have any comments KristofLaw??

KristofLaw
03-06-2010, 07:39 PM
You not have any comments KristofLaw??

This free-agency thread sucks.

Drunken posting. I had a few this afternoon... anyhow I thought this was the Pioliguy's thread bumped. My apologies.

Big Daddy Tek
03-06-2010, 10:06 PM
I'm not sure who holds the record for the fastest non spammer being banned, but this guy has a real shot at the record.

Chiefster
03-06-2010, 11:20 PM
Because he has an opinion that differs from many here makes him neither a troll nor a n00b. If his opinion offends then my advice is to "ignore".

Chiefster
03-06-2010, 11:22 PM
I'm not sure who holds the record for the fastest non spammer being banned, but this guy has a real shot at the record.

Ummm, why? He has yet to break any rules that I have been able to see.

chief31
03-07-2010, 03:56 AM
So who did we get???

Peppers? Signed with the Bears making more than Stafford

Chester Taylor? Signed with the Bears to be their starter

Dunta Robinson? Signed with the Falcons and now making bank.

Boldin? Traded to the Ravensfor a 3rd and 4th round picks.

Dansby? Signed with the Dolphins to a big contract even though he's never made a ProBowl.

Antrel Rolle? Giants as the highest paid Safety in the league.

Why didn't we get these guys? They were all overpaid. minus Chester Taylor. Rolle couldn't make it as a CB and became a CB but he shouldn't be paid top safety $. Chester Taylor is turning 31 and I thought he could have been a great COMPLIMENTARY back. How many RB's are extremely successful after 30? The Bears paid out as much as we have on payroll to 3 players and that shows me they are overpaying players. The thing about Chicago is that they didn't accomplish anything on offense to help themselves. They still can't block long enough and need receivers to catch the ball in Martz's offense. We were the other team fighting for Boldin but they wanted more than KC was willing to give. I'm just saying, yes I wanted Boldin and maybe some of those others, but not enough to pay them more than they deserve. Pioli is not going to overpay some role payer or someone who is not a difference maker. Since we are so much under the cap, I'm sure that a big contract will be given to someone who is worth it. What do you guys think?

I don't think that being "cheap" is all that great of an idea, considering the cap space, and the spending that we have(n't) done over the past few seasons.

Not that I am particularly surprised, nor disappointed with the lack of signings right now.

But Simply saying that it is wise that we didn't make improvements to the team because of the financial outlook, while being the cheapest team in the league just doesn't do it for me.

For me, the last time I fealt good about The Chiefs' chances going into a new season was the day I accepted that Willie Roaf was not going to play anymore.:D

It is nice to have something to look forward to.

Chiefster
03-07-2010, 04:50 AM
I don't think that being "cheap" is all that great of an idea, considering the cap space, and the spending that we have(n't) done over the past few seasons.

Not that I am particularly surprised, nor disappointed with the lack of signings right now.

But Simply saying that it is wise that we didn't make improvements to the team because of the financial outlook, while being the cheapest team in the league just doesn't do it for me.

For me, the last time I fealt good about The Chiefs' chances going into a new season was the day I accepted that Willie Roaf was not going to play anymore.:D

Yup, we spent very little of what we could have, but made up for it by not drafting particularly well. :D

nigeriannightmare
03-07-2010, 10:27 AM
First I think people need to realize that the bears are without a first and second round pick. They signed 2 players that should produce at high levels right away without the rookie headaches. Did they overpay, that can be a debate but a moot point. They are also a team getting old at key positions and need to win now. The Falcons did not meet expectations last year nor did the giants or the dolphins coming off an 11-5 year prior. I'd bet there is more pressure to win there now than there is here, IMO.

We have multiple needs with multibple draft picks, 3 in the frist 2 rounds, and our needs will be met without the price tag the Bears had to shel out but we aren't expected to win our division next year.

In closing I can't wait to see Thomas Jones in a Chiefs Jersey next year, stand up guy. Now I am off to play flag football at the city park with kids 10 years younger than me.

kckidd8870
03-07-2010, 12:09 PM
YA if you had more GM like pioli ,in the nfl you wouldnt have these crazy 50 to 100 million dollar contract in the league.More people could affaord to go and watch the games,I love football but these contracts are starting to piss me off.That's crazy money.No man ,I mean no man is worth that kinda money.I don't care if you make 30 sack a year.They need a base salay for every player and have a big prize pool and the end of the year for those teams that make it to the playooffs or super bowl.Split the big pool off money up between all the players depending on ware you place in the playoffs.If you win the Super bowl you you will get the big bank.Split it among the winning teams.That will give these players something to play for.There are so many players with great talent but choice not to play because they already have the big pay day.Also this is a team sport and it takes more than one or two big money guys to win a championship.That' my opinion for they day lol.

Ryfo18
03-07-2010, 12:52 PM
First I think people need to realize that the bears are without a first and second round pick. They signed 2 players that should produce at high levels right away without the rookie headaches. Did they overpay, that can be a debate but a moot point. They are also a team getting old at key positions and need to win now. The Falcons did not meet expectations last year nor did the giants or the dolphins coming off an 11-5 year prior. I'd bet there is more pressure to win there now than there is here, IMO.

We have multiple needs with multibple draft picks, 3 in the frist 2 rounds, and our needs will be met without the price tag the Bears had to shel out but we aren't expected to win our division next year.

In closing I can't wait to see Thomas Jones in a Chiefs Jersey next year, stand up guy. Now I am off to play flag football at the city park with kids 10 years younger than me.

Excellent post my friend. Rep (on my phone so will add it next time I'm on the computer).

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 01:05 PM

Very good point about the bears. They had no choice realy but to go out and get free agents with the trade for Cutler.

Its common for people to see Pioli had 3 rings and to think that he went and got the stars and thats why they won. Thats just not the case. Even there biggest star now Tom Brady was not a star he was thought to be a solid backup. They got him at a cheap price and I think they are happy with the results. Just because we are not spending money like crazy does not mean that we can not be good. Just look at the team we got our 1st win against. The Redskins spend money like crazy how many rings do they have? We are going to pick and chose who we sign and thats good. I cant wait to see what this team looks like this season. I think its going to be much better then a lot of people even some Chiefs fans think. GO CHIEFS.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-07-2010, 01:09 PM
Mr pesamistic here.... looking for 4-6 wins and 3rd in the division. Still think we are a year or two away from competing for the division title but I agree on building through the draft. I would like to see a couple moves made in FA but definitely not overspending on guys especially with no cap.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Mr pesamistic here.... looking for 4-6 wins and 3rd in the division. Still think we are a year or two away from competing for the division title but I agree on building through the draft. I would like to see a couple moves made in FA but definitely not overspending on guys especially with no cap.

I will go the other way and look for 19-0 and a superbowl win then. :bananen_smilies046:

I do agree about the couple of moves and not overspending. The teams that do overspend are going to pay the price we will be better going forward for not overspending.

NWA Chief
03-07-2010, 06:27 PM
I like what's being said......
I do understand why Chicago is being aggressive because of the Cutler trade leaving them with no 1st or 2nd round picks, but if I were GM in Chicago I'm getting some young OL. They have been very old across that line for years and have not fixed this. Maybe they will draft some OL but as nice as it looks to get Peppers and Chester Taylor, I feel they just took a page out of the Redskins book this offseason.

Ryfo18
03-07-2010, 06:49 PM
I like what's being said......
I do understand why Chicago is being aggressive because of the Cutler trade leaving them with no 1st or 2nd round picks, but if I were GM in Chicago I'm getting some young OL. They have been very old across that line for years and have not fixed this. Maybe they will draft some OL but as nice as it looks to get Peppers and Chester Taylor, I feel they just took a page out of the Redskins book this offseason.

Word

kcnation
03-07-2010, 07:26 PM
same old chiefs,all these players that we need are going elsewhere.im sick and tired of this organization already...waiting and waiting is getting real old with this team.im not getting any younger and i just don't know if i can continue to be letdown again and again........damn cheap spoiled brats running this team we will never go anywhere

Canada
03-07-2010, 08:43 PM
same old chiefs,all these players that we need are going elsewhere.im sick and tired of this organization already...waiting and waiting is getting real old with this team.im not getting any younger and i just don't know if i can continue to be letdown again and again........damn cheap spoiled brats running this team we will never go anywherebye :ninerssuck:

kcnation
03-07-2010, 08:51 PM
wow,all you do is want to start trouble with me,do really agree on how they are running this team the past decade

Canada
03-07-2010, 08:56 PM
wow,all you do is want to start trouble with me,do really agree on how they are running this team the past decadeNot enough to say that I am done with the team. If thats the way you feel then don;t let the door hit u in the as$ on the way out. You have done nothing but b!tch and complain about anything and everything and I happen to disagree with a lot if it. I have not read one post where you say anything that has any sort of validity to it so if it seems like Im "starting trouble" with you, maybe u should try posting something worth talking about.

josh1971
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
wow,all you do is want to start trouble with me,do really agree on how they are running this team the past decade

Well, honestly, you make a big tantrum post about how much we suck and will suck, and slam your fists on the ground about leaving because of the spoiled brats running things, and you're surprised someone would simply tell you goodbye?

Honestly- what is with all the panic? 2 frickin days into free agency, and some poeple are acting like a bunch of frantic arse clowns.

Big name guys demand big name money, but it's a crap shoot as to whether they will perform as expected.
Say we get Julius Peppers, and he whips out a Kendrell Bell season for us.

Then Pioli is an idiot, death to Haley, blah blah blah...

Canada
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM

And no I don't, but you are pissing and moaning that they arent blowing their wad on free agents like they have for the past decade so it seems to me that you are quite pleased with how the last 10 years have gone.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 09:01 PM
same old chiefs,all these players that we need are going elsewhere.im sick and tired of this organization already...waiting and waiting is getting real old with this team.im not getting any younger and i just don't know if i can continue to be letdown again and again........damn cheap spoiled brats running this team we will never go anywhere

If you want to give up now go ahead do it. If you think back there was a time when we were the active team in FA. When CP was in charge there were years and years we tried to just fill holes. It got us 0 superbowls. This way will take longer but it has a much more proven track record. Good things come to those who wait.

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 09:26 PM

Though the question isn't directed towards me, I respectively feel the need to reply. :)

Realistically we're entering a new decade, with new people at the helm. CP had the longest running tenure as a GM in the NFL...he's history now. What happened in the last decade isn't a factor any longer. The past is the past...we're starting with a clean slate as of last year with bringing in Pioli, Haley, others.

Pioli and Haley brought in top talented assistant coaches early this off season, they didn't wait around...they were on it! What has been happening within the last year has been more agressive positive change than I've seen in 20 yrs. I for one can say yes, I agree with how they're running this team so far with what I've witnessed...all factor's considered...including many unusual obstacles faced last season for any NFL team.

I understand the frustration of not getting any younger, as I've patiently and loyally awaited a Chiefs Super Bowl return for 40 yrs.. I still believe I will see my Chiefs return to a Super Bowl while alive, and sooner rather than later.

Don't under-estimate Clark Hunt. He wasn't raised a typical spoiled rich kid. His parents appear to have raised him with decent morals, values, principles, respect for the Chiefs, their fans, & the KC community overall. I speculate as a matter of human nature, Clark want's to follow in his father's footsteps, he want's his own legacy and Super Bowl ring.

kcnation
03-07-2010, 09:56 PM
the chiefs will never amount to anything again,will be doormats of the nfl until the team is sold....yea ill go to a team that likes to win and do it consistantly...30 long years is too long in my eyes

Vandelay
03-07-2010, 10:46 PM
the chiefs will never amount to anything again,will be doormats of the nfl until the team is sold....yea ill go to a team that likes to win and do it consistantly...30 long years is too long in my eyes
:clueless: :mooning:

NWA Chief
03-07-2010, 11:02 PM
Seriously? Jump the bandwagon, sorry to hear your frustration. I'll live my life Red and Gold

KottkeKU
03-07-2010, 11:03 PM
I really have nothing but the upmost respect for Clark Hunt, and the rest of the Hunts for that matter. He is no fool, and i think he sincerely wants to bring KC a Lombardi trophy....that is his no.1 goal. He felt bad for firing Carl bc of their friendship but it had to be done, and he hit a home run in the NFL's eyes in bringing in Pioli. Many thought Pioli was never interested, as he was the best GM available in helping build the Pats dynasty (which is apparently one of the best ever)... So Clark Hunt has done a great job in bringing in Pioli, who will in due time build us a winning team. I am one of the fans who think it will be sooner rather than later.

Canada
03-07-2010, 11:50 PM

How about you just go instead of announcing it over and over. :chiefs3:

stricken721
03-07-2010, 11:53 PM

:mancard:

Chiefster
03-08-2010, 01:19 AM

Wow, just wow!

Seriously?

Chiefster
03-08-2010, 01:20 AM
How about you just go instead of announcing it over and over. :chiefs3:

Yup!

Drunker Hillbilly
03-08-2010, 10:59 AM
I look better and better with guys like this posting!!!! YAAAAAAY ME!!!

Seek
03-08-2010, 01:27 PM
If you think buying players works, ask why the Redskins are drafting before us.

I can't recall any actual free agents that the chiefs won a bidding war over and actually had them live up to the money spent. Vonnie Holliday, Shawn Barber, K. Bell etc... The type of free agent players that end up producing for us, are role players that don't cost a ton.

If a player is worth the money, most teams would try to retain them or get compensation from them instead of thinking they are expendable losses.

Chiefster
03-08-2010, 03:24 PM
I look better and better with guys like this posting!!!! YAAAAAAY ME!!!

:lol:

Impossible! (joking) :D

Ldub
03-08-2010, 05:12 PM
If you think buying players works, ask why the Redskins are drafting before us.

I can't recall any actual free agents that the chiefs won a bidding war over and actually had them live up to the money spent. Vonnie Holliday, Shawn Barber, K. Bell etc... The type of free agent players that end up producing for us, are role players that don't cost a ton.

If a player is worth the money, most teams would try to retain them or get compensation from them instead of thinking they are expendable losses.

I agree. There are a few exceptions to this, but for the most part the big money guys are not the way to go.