PDA

View Full Version : Spring is in the air! Daylight Savings soon too!

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 03:52 PM
It's so nice seeing the sun shine more & more, having some days with Spring temps! Daylight Savings begins soon too! YEEHAW!! I'm so ready! I also have many outdoor maintenance projects I'm anxious to take care of with warmer temps arriving! :D

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 04:14 PM
I was out in shorts yesterday its warming up for sure.

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 04:56 PM
Oh my! hahaha It needs to be at least in the upper 80's for me to wear shorts, lol. I get cold easy.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 06:30 PM
If its in the mid 50s i am in shorts. If its about 60 degrees i am happy.

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 07:01 PM
If its in the mid 50s i am in shorts. If its about 60 degrees i am happy.

I wish I was like that, I hate being cold. Of course the 50's and 60's are a blessing by comparison to temps below! hahaha

I'm most comfortable when it's in the 80's to pushing 100. :D

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 08:57 PM
I wish I was like that, I hate being cold. Of course the 50's and 60's are a blessing by comparison to temps below! hahaha

I'm most comfortable when it's in the 80's to pushing 100. :D

way to hot for me You will find me in the AC when it gets that warm

honda522
03-09-2010, 12:19 PM
Its kind of crappy here in Las Vegas for what it normally should I think. Cloudy, rainy, and chilly winds. If I don't move to Hawaii, I would consider moving here. There traffic is not nearly as bad and even a not so good weather day isn't that bad really.

Of course that is all based on the three days I have been here.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 12:42 PM
Still mid 30's here in Wisconsin...The 16 inches of snow is about gone though.

YZILLA
03-09-2010, 02:15 PM
Ferall is the bomb ! Love that guy !

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 02:24 PM
Ferall is the bomb ! Love that guy !

You know it! "Sh-Sh-Sh Shake it up!"

"Haymaker, haymaker, haymaker, with a headbutt!"

Can't beat that guys quotes.

Connie Jo
03-09-2010, 09:18 PM
Still mid 30's here in Wisconsin...The 16 inches of snow is about gone though.

Y'all had 16" in snow recently? My friend Kelly is up in Wisconsin, but I've not talked to him lately. I know last time I talked to him he had a bit of the winter blues & was sick of snow, haha. We had that back the first week of December, which is unusual for us. Is 16" abnormal for you though, being that far North?

I lived in Kenosha for about a year when in the 8th grade, but don't remember the average in snowfall, that was a very long time ago, lol.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Y'all had 16" in snow recently? My friend Kelly is up in Wisconsin, but I've not talked to him lately. I know last time I talked to him he had a bit of the winter blues & was sick of snow, haha. We had that back the first week of December, which is unusual for us. Is 16" abnormal for you though, being that far North?

I lived in Kenosha for about a year when in the 8th grade, but don't remember the average in snowfall, that was a very long time ago, lol.

Ehhh it's pretty normal. We got a ton of snow this year. There were about 3 different occasions where we got 10" or more. The 16" one was the big one...and it was weird, b/c I live 30 minutes west of Downtown Milwaukee, and the way the storm moved they only got like 6". But yeah, we're only about an hour north of Chicago, so we're not that far north in WI. 10-12" is usually the max we get in one dumping. But the ground has been covered with snow since the first week of December, which is pretty much the case every winter here.

tornadospotter
03-09-2010, 09:34 PM
Spring and the sun shining would be nice. we are getting rain, and will be for the next few day, glad it is not freezing and snow instead! But lots of water from rain and snow melt, makes me wonder, if I must know, how to paddle to work!

Connie Jo
03-09-2010, 09:45 PM
Ehhh it's pretty normal. We got a ton of snow this year. There were about 3 different occasions where we got 10" or more. The 16" one was the big one...and it was weird, b/c I live 30 minutes west of Downtown Milwaukee, and the way the storm moved they only got like 6". But yeah, we're only about an hour north of Chicago, so we're not that far north in WI. 10-12" is usually the max we get in one dumping. But the ground has been covered with snow since the first week of December, which is pretty much the case every winter here.

Kelly is up not far from River Falls, near Minneapolis. Last time I talked to him, couple wks ago, he was talking like they've had more than their fair share up that way. I know we had more than our fair share here this year...snowed in twice. I've lived out here for 12 yrs. and never been snowed in till this year.

Spring and the sun shining would be nice. we are getting rain, and will be for the next few day, glad it is not freezing and snow instead! But lots of water from rain and snow melt, makes me wonder, if I must know, how to paddle to work!

Yeah, we've had rain here today too...likely the same front bringing rain you're getting. That's the down side to Spring, lot's of rain. I was hoping since we had a very wet winter, our Spring would be dryer this year. Oh well, warmer temps are still welcome!

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 09:55 PM
Kelly is up not far from River Falls, near Minneapolis. Last time I talked to him, couple wks ago, he was talking like they've had more than their fair share up that way. I know we had more than our fair share here this year...snowed in twice. I've lived out here for 12 yrs. and never been snowed in till this year.

If he's a Chiefs fan, he's probably pretty upset about the training camp leaving!

Connie Jo
03-09-2010, 10:32 PM
Its kind of crappy here in Las Vegas for what it normally should I think. Cloudy, rainy, and chilly winds. If I don't move to Hawaii, I would consider moving here. There traffic is not nearly as bad and even a not so good weather day isn't that bad really.

Of course that is all based on the three days I have been here.

So hows the celebration going? Are you having fun?! :)

Connie Jo
03-09-2010, 11:07 PM
If he's a Chiefs fan, he's probably pretty upset about the training camp leaving!

Oh, he's a diehard Chiefs fan! He was born in the KC area, family moved North when he was 8, but the Chiefs fan stayed. Just goes to prove...you can take the kid out of KC & away from the Chiefs, but you can't take KC & the Chiefs out of the kid, lol.

Yeah, he wasn't too happy about their moving training camp. He works out of Minneapolis, but when he bought his house on the WI side...he said it was because it wasn't far from River Falls, as he attended training camp each year.

He doesn't think it will be the same in St. Joe...saying it's closer to KC, more fans will attend. He think's it will lose the one on one casual atmosphere the coaches & players had with the fans in River Falls.

He usually took his vacation during training camp so he could attend daily...not sure what he'll do now.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 11:30 PM
Oh, he's a diehard Chiefs fan! He was born in the KC area, family moved North when he was 8, but the Chiefs fan stayed. Just goes to prove...you can take the kid out of KC & away from the Chiefs, but you can't take KC & the Chiefs out of the kid, lol.

Yeah, he wasn't too happy about their moving training camp. He works out of Minneapolis, but when he bought his house on the WI side...he said it was because it wasn't far from River Falls, as he attended training camp each year.

He doesn't think it will be the same in St. Joe...saying it's closer to KC, more fans will attend. He think's it will lose the one on one casual atmosphere the coaches & players had with the fans in River Falls.

He usually took his vacation during training camp so he could attend daily...not sure what he'll do now.

Yeah my uncle used to go all the time. He has a picture they put from the River Falls paper of his son and Vermeil a few years back. Pretty cool!

Connie Jo
03-09-2010, 11:41 PM
A newspaper pic with Vermeil would be a great piece of memorabilia for a family of Chiefs fans!

I have a copy of the KC Star article that mentioned our small group of Chiefs fans by name when tailgating in Canton last August prior to the night of DT's induction ceremony, but the reporter didn't take pics of us.

One of these day's I want to have that article framed and hang in my Chiefs level downstairs, along with some of the pics of us taken that day. :)

Chiefster
03-09-2010, 11:50 PM
Spring is in the air!...

Yup, Oklahoma's already had a tornado.

Connie Jo
03-10-2010, 12:07 AM
Yup, Oklahoma's already had a tornado.

I was actually thinking about tornado's earlier today when I drove over to Holton's Walmart...the air & clouds around me just felt like tornado weather.

I'm right smack in the center of the boundaries outlining Tornado Alley...from Texas up through Oklahoma, Kansas, Neb., Iowa, etc.. I'm amazed at how many states & miles in length "Tornado Alley" actually spans. Then the hot spots within "Tornado Alley" are greater in Oklahoma, KS, Neb..

I have a few pics I've taken from my deck of small tornado's. They don't really scare me, but if an F3-F5 is within visual range & headed straight for me...I'll be plenty scared then. I witnessed & survived an F5 when I was 11 yrs old...we had just moved back to our native Topeka, KS for a brief time from the West Coast. June 8th, 1966...a then historic F5 hit Topeka. From that day forward I became fascinated by them.

Researchers don't know why...but more large devastating and deadly tornado's have happened within "Tornado Alley" on June 8th than any other date. I'm always nervous within the two week period before and after June 8th, & especially so on June 8th!!

Chiefster
03-10-2010, 12:10 AM
I was actually thinking about tornado's earlier today when I drove over to Holton's Walmart...the air & clouds around me just felt like tornado weather.

I'm right smack in the center of the boundaries outlining Tornado Alley...from Texas up through Oklahoma, Kansas, Neb., Iowa, etc.. I'm amazed at how many states & miles in length "Tornado Alley" actually spans. Then the hot spots within "Tornado Alley" are greater in Oklahoma, KS, Neb..

I have a few pics I've taken from my deck of small tornado's. They don't really scare me, but if an F3-F5 is within visual range & headed straight for me...I'll be plenty scared then. I witnessed & survived an F5 when I was 11 yrs old...we had just moved back to our native Topeka, KS for a brief time from the West Coast. June 8th, 1966...a then historic F5 hit Topeka. From that day forward I became fascinated by them.

Researchers don't know why...but more large devastating and deadly tornado's have happened within "Tornado Alley" on June 8th than any other date. I'm always nervous within the two week period before and after June 8th, & especially so on June 8th!!

Wow! I did not know that about the "June 8th" stat. I have a real low adrenaline threshold. The closest I wanna be to tornado is watching it on TV. :lol:

Connie Jo
03-10-2010, 02:59 AM
Wow! I did not know that about the "June 8th" stat. I have a real low adrenaline threshold. The closest I wanna be to tornado is watching it on TV. :lol:
Well, I didn't say my blood doesn't start pumping fast when sky watching to take pics, lol.

Ironically...I'm not a daredevil or risk taking personality, considered to be more of a merry-go-round person than roller coaster. However, I could easily be a tornado chaser! They truly fascinate me in many aspects, & my fascination has led to many hours over the years of reading & learning about them. I think because of that knowledge I've learned to not be afraid, rather have come to respect a tornado. Most lose life or are injured severely by not respecting Mother Nature's wrath at times. :(

[I keep wanting to put an 'e' naturally on the end of tornadoes, I think it has an 'e' when plural, haha. I'm brain tired, too much the last couple wks. with on line volunteering attempting to help other's with life struggles, as well as coping with my own at the same time]

~time for an emotional vacation, lol~ :)

Connie Jo
03-10-2010, 04:29 AM
PS: I should clarify, by not respecting Mother Nature my meaning is research indicates most of those losing life, or suffering severe injury, don't heed the tornado watches or warnings given prior to the tornado hitting.

Heck, here's some more info, maybe it can help save a life? A majority of those killed live in mobile homes without basements, they don't get out and take cover like they wisely should when warned. The same is true with many living in homes with basements...don't take cover soon enough.

Some say this is the fault of NOAA sounding sirens too early and no tornado happens, so people have become complacent to the warnings. What most don't understand is that our weather technology has advanced. NOAA can now determine rotation cells at high risk for producing a tornado, and this is when they will issue notice to local authorities to sound sirens, etc..

People have more advance warning today than ever, yet they still lose life and limb unnecessarily by being complacent and not heeding the early warnings.

As well, not being alert to watches issued and the real possibility of a tornado occurring when atmospheric conditions are prime. IE: It's not wise to go out in the middle of a lake in a boat to fish when there is a tornado watch! Even if the sky appears clear when a watch is issued...when conditions are prime storms can develop within short time periods...take people by surprise.

Okay...it's bedtime for me! I'll likely now have tornadic dreams, hahahaha. :)

Chiefster
03-10-2010, 07:24 AM
PS: I should clarify, by not respecting Mother Nature my meaning is research indicates most of those losing life, or suffering severe injury, don't heed the tornado watches or warnings given prior to the tornado hitting.

Heck, here's some more info, maybe it can help save a life? A majority of those killed live in mobile homes without basements, they don't get out and take cover like they wisely should when warned. The same is true with many living in homes with basements...don't take cover soon enough.

Some say this is the fault of NOAA sounding sirens too early and no tornado happens, so people have become complacent to the warnings. What most don't understand is that our weather technology has advanced. NOAA can now determine rotation cells at high risk for producing a tornado, and this is when they will issue notice to local authorities to sound sirens, etc..

People have more advance warning today than ever, yet they still lose life and limb unnecessarily by being complacent and not heeding the early warnings.

As well, not being alert to watches issued and the real possibility of a tornado occurring when atmospheric conditions are prime. IE: It's not wise to go out in the middle of a lake in a boat to fish when there is a tornado watch! Even if the sky appears clear when a watch is issued...when conditions are prime storms can develop within short time periods...take people by surprise.

Okay...it's bedtime for me! I'll likely now have tornadic dreams, hahahaha. :)

I would rather go through a million false alarms then to take a chance and ignore a single warning.

Canada
03-10-2010, 10:33 AM
I got stuck in a Wal Mart a couple of years ago in KC. Everyone was freakin out and running to the back of the store. (Except for the big dumb Canadian) I figure if I was outside I could see the tornado and drive away from it!!

tornadospotter
03-11-2010, 09:57 AM
I hate Tornadoes and the destruction they cause! But they are thrilling to see, from a save distance. We have been hit 2 years in a row here in Aurora, and they say this could be a very active tornado season.

rbedgood
03-11-2010, 11:27 AM
I've lived through earthquakes, but never seen a tornado except on TV. Thanks I'll pass.

tornadospotter
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
I've lived through earthquakes, but never seen a tornado except on TV. Thanks I'll pass.
At least a tornado can be spotted, and warning given, earthquakes? They happen, with no warning.

Connie Jo
03-11-2010, 12:34 PM
I would rather go through a million false alarms then to take a chance and ignore a single warning.

Yep! Me too! It's sad as it is to hear of those losing life, then to hear they didn't heed the warnings and likely wouldn't have lost life makes it even sadder. I suppose in reality, however...people take their lives for granted daily that don't relate to tornadoe's. :(

I got stuck in a Wal Mart a couple of years ago in KC. Everyone was freakin out and running to the back of the store. (Except for the big dumb Canadian) I figure if I was outside I could see the tornado and drive away from it!!

Many have died trying to out drive a tornado too!...you "big ---- Canadian!" I seriously can't bring myself to call you "dumb", hahaha. You don't have many tornadoe's in Canada, and might be unfamiliar with the 'rules of safety', so 'naive' is better than "dumb", lol.

I hate Tornadoes and the destruction they cause! But they are thrilling to see, from a save distance. We have been hit 2 years in a row here in Aurora, and they say this could be a very active tornado season.

I hate the death & destruction too, & hate even more that too many lose life unnecessarily. Thankfully most tornadoe's in the U.S. are classified as open ground, not causing any loss. Yeah, I've heard the predictions to expect a very tornadic season too. I need to check the batteries in my NOAA weather alarm, I have no sirens to hear in the country.

At least a tornado can be spotted, and warning given, earthquakes? They happen, with no warning.

I agree! I would much rather live in Tornado Alley than California related to tornado vs quake risk! Not only is there no warning technology, but there is no place to even take cover from a quake, you just have to hope to survive! Quakes IMO are the most dangerous of all Mother Nature's wrath...simply because of no warning or protection from.

Canada
03-11-2010, 03:18 PM
Many have died trying to out drive a tornado too!...you "big ---- Canadian!" I seriously can't bring myself to call you "dumb", hahaha. You don't have many tornadoe's in Canada, and might be unfamiliar with the 'rules of safety', so 'naive' is better than "dumb", lol.

I waited for a while in the Wal Mart and nothing happened so I went to the front and looked, saw nothing so I left. If God sees fit to snatch me off this earth into a tornado and bring me up to heaven then so be it. (Not that I go running around in tornados a lot) Probably not the safest thing I have ever done but certainly not the most dangerous!! :drunkhb:

Connie Jo
03-11-2010, 03:39 PM
I waited for a while in the Wal Mart and nothing happened so I went to the front and looked, saw nothing so I left. If God sees fit to snatch me off this earth into a tornado and bring me up to heaven then so be it. (Not that I go running around in tornados a lot) Probably not the safest thing I have ever done but certainly not the most dangerous!! :drunkhb:

Yeah, they issue the warnings now once a cell in the atmosphere becomes rotational & high risk for developing into a tornado...most times the cell decipitates prior to a tornado forming, as they're usually short lived. Thing is, no guarantee's one won't form, so it's always best in the case of tornado warnings to assume the worst will happen & take cover.

Take cover if there's ever a next time my friend...you're too valuable on this Earth to lose! For one...Chiefs Crowd website posting, and related friends tailgating together, wouldn't be as fun or the same without you! God gives us Free Will to make choices hoping we make wise ones taking some of the burden off his broad shoulders! He's busy and can't always watch our backs when we're not watching our own...~hint, hint~ lol. :D

tornadospotter
03-11-2010, 03:48 PM

I know what you mean, been there done that. Running into a burning building when everone else is running out, sort of thing.

Canada
03-11-2010, 03:52 PM
I know what you mean, been there done that. Running into a burning building when everone else is running out, sort of thing.

...that and hitting big Dan over the head with a NO Parking Sign!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/233.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/234.jpg

tornadospotter
03-11-2010, 03:56 PM
Or zapping him with a shock collar? He could really put a hurt on you, so he must really like you.

tornadospotter
03-11-2010, 03:59 PM
...that and hitting big Dan over the head with a NO Parking Sign!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/233.jpg

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/234.jpg
Bye the way if any of you doubt that this happened, I was there and saw it all. Big Dan just said bring it on.