PDA

View Full Version : Justin Fargus...

DC_Chiefsfan
03-07-2010, 07:36 PM
Fargas will visit the Chiefs | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/fargas-will-visit-the-chiefs/)

Fargus is visiting with the Chiefs now...seriously. I think he's a decent back, but could you ever get over his raider past?!

kcnation
03-07-2010, 07:39 PM
we always go after a 2nd and 3rd rate back,never a 1st tier player,whats wrong with these people

DC_Chiefsfan
03-07-2010, 07:44 PM
we already have a 1st rate back, and Jones is definitely 1st rate

kcnation
03-07-2010, 07:52 PM
we already have a 1st rate back, and Jones is definitely 1st rate

i believe this thread is about fargus,...am i correct......and who said we HAVE jones

captainamerica
03-07-2010, 07:59 PM
He's a very, very tough guy. He's getting up there in age, but I think he could still be a decent backup to Jamaal Charles. His style complements JC's very well. I wouldn't be too upset by this signing.

yashi
03-07-2010, 08:30 PM
Screw Justin Fargas. Thomas Jones is so much better, and the reason Fargas was cut was because he failed all of his physicals. I don't want the Raiders scraps, especially broken ones.

kcnation
03-07-2010, 08:33 PM
Screw Justin Fargas. Thomas Jones is so much better, and the reason Fargas was cut was because he failed all of his physicals. I don't want the Raiders scraps, especially broken ones.

AMEN..finally a positive person

Canada
03-07-2010, 08:38 PM
we always go after a 2nd and 3rd rate back,never a 1st tier player,whats wrong with these people

i believe this thread is about fargus,...am i correct......and who said we HAVE jones

No one said we have him, he was responding to someone whining about how we never go for any top tier players. :ninerssuck:

kcnation
03-07-2010, 08:40 PM
exactly,all we ever take is has-beens.....you would be frustrated if you were waiting foever for another champoinship.....so its not whineing

Canada
03-07-2010, 08:45 PM
exactly,all we ever take is has-beens.....you would be frustrated if you were waiting foever for another champoinship.....so its not whineing

ummm.....we are all waiting for a championship. Why r u saying "exactly" when Jones is coming to KC on Monday? You want them to go after a top tier player, he is it. I dont get what you are complaining about!!

kcnation
03-07-2010, 08:48 PM
ummm.....we are all waiting for a championship. Why r u saying "exactly" when Jones is coming to KC on Monday? You want them to go after a top tier player, he is it. I dont get what you are complaining about!!

im complaining about that we have greater needs other than at RB,we don't need jones that bad we need linemen and safties and recievers

Canada
03-07-2010, 08:50 PM
im complaining about that we have greater needs other than at RB,we don't need jones that bad we need linemen and safties and recievers

So we should ignore things just because they are not our greatest need? Dont get a RB (which we need) because we need a OL more? Glad you arent the GM.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 09:11 PM

We need to address every need no matter how little of a need it is. We need to be a TEAM. We have a TON of time still to work on O line DL and the secoundary We will be fine. Wait till the season to be worried.

yashi
03-07-2010, 09:18 PM

Backup/Short-yardage RB is most certainly a need. There are much greater needs, I'll give you that, but there aren't many upgrades out there for us anymore. The ones that are were signed to retarded deals that they don't deserve.

Coach
03-07-2010, 09:28 PM
Don't be surprised if this news is nothing more than leverage for their interview with Thomas Jones tomorrow. The timing(night before) seems to indicate that.

The conversation might go something like this: Here is the deal we can offer you. Take it or leave it. If you walk out that door without signing, someone else is waiting for this job.

Anyhow, just a thought.

yashi
03-07-2010, 09:33 PM
Don't be surprised if this news is nothing more than leverage for their interview with Thomas Jones tomorrow. The timing(night before) seems to indicate that.

The conversation might go something like this: Here is the deal we can offer you. Take it or leave it. If you walk out that door without signing, someone else is waiting for this job.

Anyhow, just a thought.

Good thinking. I hope that doesn't ruin the opportunity to get him though.

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 09:36 PM
Fargas will visit the Chiefs | ProFootballTalk.com (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2010/03/07/fargas-will-visit-the-chiefs/)

Fargus is visiting with the Chiefs now...seriously. I think he's a decent back, but could you ever get over his raider past?!

Yeah, easily. IE: Marcus Allen came to the Chiefs, gave 100%...I forgot all about his being a Raider.

Coach
03-07-2010, 09:37 PM
Good thinking. I hope that doesn't ruin the opportunity to get him though.

I heard Pat Kirwin(Former GM) on NFL Radio talking about some of the strategies that GM's use to get players to sign instead of shopping their offer to other teams. This strategy falls right in line with the kind of stuff GM's pull.

Just saying that it is a real possibility that Fargas is nothing more than a pawn. Of course he conveniently works out as a plan B in case Jones walks out the door. Pioli ain't no dummy.

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 09:39 PM

Anyhow, just a thought.

I hadn't thought about it, but sure agree. Many head games historically occur when it comes to the Draft and FA.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 09:41 PM
Yeah, easily. IE: Marcus Allen came to the Chiefs, gave 100%...I forgot all about his being a Raider.

I started getting into football when Allen was in his last few years. I didnt even no he was a raider for a long while. But when I did learn I was able to forgive him for being a raider.

Connie Jo
03-07-2010, 09:48 PM
I started getting into football when Allen was in his last few years. I didnt even no he was a raider for a long while. But when I did learn I was able to forgive him for being a raider.

I feel older than I already did, thanks!
hahahaha j/k :D

Seriously, unless it was someone who harmed the Chiefs in a major disrespectful way intentionally...I don't have a problem with where they use to play. IE: had the Chiefs brought Shannon Sharpe to KC, I'd been really upset, lol.

kckidd8870
03-07-2010, 10:41 PM
Jones better not leave Kansas city without a contract. lol

wildcat
03-07-2010, 10:57 PM
I hope we sign Fargas instead of Jones. I may be alone, but Jones is going to cost more than he is worth. He would not be a FA if he was not beginning to decline. He would also be more likely to share the spotlight with Charles. Charles deserves to be the featured back.

Fargas is a solid RB and from the sounds of things I doubt he is any more of a Raider fan that any of us. We would probably either get a rookie FA RB or draft one in addition. Solid RBs are not hard to come by, so there is no reason to over pay one.

captainamerica
03-07-2010, 11:17 PM
I hope we sign Fargas instead of Jones. I may be alone, but Jones is going to cost more than he is worth. He would not be a FA if he was not beginning to decline. He would also be more likely to share the spotlight with Charles. Charles deserves to be the featured back.

Fargas is a solid RB and from the sounds of things I doubt he is any more of a Raider fan that any of us. We would probably either get a rookie FA RB or draft one in addition. Solid RBs are not hard to come by, so there is no reason to over pay one.
You bring up some valid points. Fargas may not be as talented as Jone per say, but he's a hell of a lot cheaper and he's slightly younger. Fargas's style meshes extremely well with Charles and he wouldn't be that bad of signing. Plus even if we do sign Jones that doesn't mean we can't also sign Fargas.

matthewschiefs
03-07-2010, 11:21 PM
I feel older than I already did, thanks!
hahahaha j/k :D

Seriously, unless it was someone who harmed the Chiefs in a major disrespectful way intentionally...I don't have a problem with where they use to play. IE: had the Chiefs brought Shannon Sharpe to KC, I'd been really upset, lol.

Anytime I can help I will Your very Welcome. :D

pbatrucker
03-08-2010, 03:07 AM
Keeping JC healthy is a high priority of the Chiefs. This makes RB a huge priorty for the Chiefs.
As for who they pick up depends on how much they improve the OL. JC is able to run through creases, not all RB's have that ability.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-08-2010, 06:58 AM

Great Call, I completely forgot about Marcus Allen! Maybe Fargus would be great, and he would already be accustomed to a part-time running back position.

70 chiefsfan70
03-08-2010, 08:12 AM
I would prefer Jones but would be ok with Fargus. if he passes the physical Fargus should do well especially against the faiders, could be fun...... haha

Seek
03-08-2010, 09:03 AM

Anyhow, just a thought.

I should hope that is not the logic. If I was Thomas Jones, I would be pissed at the Chiefs for not seriously wanting his services by threatening him with plan B. Nothing tells a person that you respect them by disrespecting them. I can only see that strategy working if there is no other teams interested in Jones.

yashi
03-08-2010, 09:07 AM
I should hope that is not the logic. If I was Thomas Jones, I would be pissed at the Chiefs for not seriously wanting his services by threatening him with plan B. Nothing tells a person that you respect them by disrespecting them. I can only see that strategy working if there is no other teams interested in Jones.

I tend to believe this as well. I mean now that Chester Taylor is signed, there is no question that Jones is the best free agent RB available. It'd be different if he were, say, 3rd or 4th, but he probably doesn't have any reason to put up with dilly dallying from the Chiefs.

You guys want to see what a power RB looks like?

http://www.tflreport.com/jbpic/jones.jpg

complexrealmz
03-08-2010, 10:05 AM
Thomas Jones is a complete beast, no question... Charles/ Jones combo at RB????

that would be the best running back combo in the league hands down... Fargas is still good, I would'nt be mad at that pickup, but Jones is a savage, I have always been a fan of his.

Ryfo18
03-08-2010, 01:22 PM

that would be the best running back combo in the league hands down... Fargas is still good, I would'nt be mad at that pickup, but Jones is a savage, I have always been a fan of his.

I don't know about hands down....Deangelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart?

slimdagreat
03-09-2010, 05:17 PM
I don't know about hands down....Deangelo Williams/Jonathan Stewart?

Not to mention the Saints have a pretty good tandem backfield as well

endzonewillie
03-09-2010, 06:11 PM
Well, for one NFL Network just announced the 2 year deal for $5 million as well as the Chiefs website has the same info. :efpge:

endzonewillie
03-09-2010, 06:13 PM
No one said we have him, he was responding to someone whining about how we never go for any top tier players. :ninerssuck:Good call , your absolutely right :ninerssuck:

Coach
03-09-2010, 06:18 PM

TJ magically signs a contract right before we are getting ready to meet with Fargas. Draw your own conclusions.

Either way I'm thrilled.

endzonewillie
03-09-2010, 06:22 PM

I would say that your call on the best backfield in the NFL now is in KC, the only reason I would say that is bot Charles and Jones are very young and can be a force to deal with for a long time to come. Williams/Stewart is a good tandem but age is creeping up on them.

yashi
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM
I would say that your call on the best backfield in the NFL now is in KC, the only reason I would say that is bot Charles and Jones are very young and can be a force to deal with for a long time to come. Williams/Stewart is a good tandem but age is creeping up on them.

Uhhhhhh... what? Charles is young, but Jones is going to be 32. Williams and Stewart are 26 and 22.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 06:34 PM

Are you sure about that? If anything, Jones is the one to worry about breaking down because of age.

Deangelo Williams - 26
Jonathan Stewart - 22

Jamaal Charles - 23
Thomas Jones - 31

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about the signing of Jones, but that last post was a little misleading.

EDIT: Yashi beat me to it.

Coach
03-09-2010, 06:47 PM
Are you sure about that? If anything, Jones is the one to worry about breaking down because of age.

Deangelo Williams - 26
Jonathan Stewart - 22

Jamaal Charles - 23
Thomas Jones - 31

Don't get me wrong, I'm stoked about the signing of Jones, but that last post was a little misleading.

EDIT: Yashi beat me to it.

I feel like this is an apples and oranges comparison. I think Carolina has two great backs, but they are two identical backs.

TJ and JC are a good duo and complement each other nicely. I'm not sure that they are the best tandem in the NFL, but they are better than LJ and JC. :punk:

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 07:18 PM
I feel like this is an apples and oranges comparison. I think Carolina has two great backs, but they are two identical backs.

TJ and JC are a good duo and complement each other nicely. I'm not sure that they are the best tandem in the NFL, but they are better than LJ and JC. :punk:

You said it man!:bananen_smilies046:

Seek
03-10-2010, 03:11 PM
TJ magically signs a contract right before we are getting ready to meet with Fargas. Draw your own conclusions.

Either way I'm thrilled.

he signed cheap, so I my conclusions that there was not a lot if interest in him.

It wouldnt' hurt to have Fargas still even with both Charles and Thomas.

KC fan 01
07-01-2010, 10:24 PM

Didn't Chiefs fans get over Marcus Allen's Raider past? I'm sure if he goes to KC and contributes and does pretty well ppl will like him.

Chief Tyler
07-01-2010, 11:27 PM
Didn't Chiefs fans get over Marcus Allen's Raider past? I'm sure if he goes to KC and contributes and does pretty well ppl will like him.

Unlikely. Allen was a beast, Fargus would be the number 4 or 5 man, with how deep our backs are now I'd be surprised if he was activated on Sundays.

Dead thread is dead though. Let it rest in peace!

Ryfo18
07-01-2010, 11:31 PM
Fargus would be #3

Three7s
07-02-2010, 01:12 AM
Wow, I can't believe this thread was bumped for a thread about a player that doesn't even matter.

Sn@keIze
07-02-2010, 04:05 AM
i started reading the OP. and everything there after.

Like WTF.

I got to start looking at the dates on the OP more often.:D

honda522
07-02-2010, 08:53 AM
Well if he hated the Raiders the way Kennison hated the Broncos, I could deal with it.

Do we really need him though? We have Charles, Jones, and McCluster. Not sure we need to pay out more money for the moment.

Ofcourse we could go to a trip I set.

DC_Chiefsfan
07-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Don't forget kestahn moore, I think that dude is going to be a beast!

yashi
07-02-2010, 10:05 AM
Why are we still talking about Justin Fargas? He sucks. And we've signed Thomas Jones since this thread was created.

Chiefster
07-02-2010, 10:08 AM
Why are we still talking about Justin Fargas? He sucks. And we've signed Thomas Jones since this thread was created.

There's a simple solution: quit talking about him or posting in this thread. :D

SAPHOJUNKIE
07-02-2010, 12:28 PM
COME ON, PEOPLE. Quit coming into this thread and posting that we should stop talking about Fargas.

Every time you do that, it bumps the thread.

REPEAT: Stop posting in this thread just to tell people to stop posting in this thread!

MORONS!

Seek
07-06-2010, 09:03 AM
can we stop talking about people wanting to stop talking about Fargas.

It is the same thing....

figcrostic
07-13-2010, 01:58 PM

We have 2 first tier backs ,we need a 1st tier receiver much more. Fargas would be a great 3rd guy he's very strong.