PDA

View Full Version : Lets get real here !

YZILLA
03-08-2010, 02:38 AM
I want to speak to the people who are coming unglued about the lack of big name signings . Last year we won four games . We lost to Dallas , the Ravens, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland all by a small number of points , we very well could have been a 10 win team last year , Very easily ! give it a rest ! We just picked up some unbelievable coaches to replace the piss-poor ones we had. If we get Thomas Jones and Chambers signed ( even Fargas ) and draft for key positions this draft we will be a very , very dangerous team to underestimate. lets look at the positive spin on this team a little more and not freak out about us not grabbing every big name out there. We are on the right path to having a team that is built for the the long haul not a short trip. lets look at it as a good thing , not a bad ! Go Chiefs :chiefs:

pbatrucker
03-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Well said, I totally agree!! rep:canbeer:

Chiefster
03-08-2010, 02:42 AM
Absolutely agree! "Y"! Nicely put! :bananen_smilies046:

chief31
03-08-2010, 02:44 AM
I want to speak to the people who are coming unglued about the lack of big name signings . Last year we won four games . We lost to Dallas , the Ravens, Buffalo, Cincy, Cleveland and Oakland all by a small number of points , we very well could have been a 10 win team last year , Very easily ! give it a rest ! We just picked up some unbelievable coaches to replace the piss-poor ones we had. If we get Thomas Jones and Chambers signed ( even Fargas ) and draft for key positions this draft we will be a very , very dangerous team to underestimate. lets look at the positive spin on this team a little more and not freak out about us not grabbing every big name out there. We are on the right path to having a team that is built for the the long haul not a short trip. lets look at it as a good thing , not a bad ! Go Chiefs :chiefs:

I agree Yzilla.

The one thing that I would say one might be upset about with the early FA period would be the fact that we were interested in some guys and failed to get them.

The word "failed" is the hard part here. The team wanted "Player A" and "Player B" but failed to acquire them.

YZILLA
03-08-2010, 02:52 AM
How do we really know how bad the Team really wanted some of these players that got by us. the way pioli runs his regime it very well could have been a rumor, he never gives info out like that very freely, hell Tj and Fargas might be just something the media made a guess at.

Connie Jo
03-08-2010, 03:56 AM

REP!!
:bananen_smilies046:

70 chiefsfan70
03-08-2010, 09:00 AM
:chiefs: Woo Hoo!!!

I agree, and I'm lovin it!

Playoffs are not a guantee but likely!

GO CHIEFS 2010

hometeam
03-08-2010, 10:17 AM
agreed.

People have to think too, those big name free agents DONT WANT TO COME TO KC! Whether its for the system, or for the media market, or for the losing record it doesn matter, not only did other teams overpay for them, we would have too!

honda522
03-08-2010, 10:27 AM
We do need to sign someone. I don't want to end up like the Rams.

yashi
03-08-2010, 10:42 AM
The biggest problem is that Clark Hunt is beginning to come off as ... well, a cheapskate. We had the most, or second most cap space going into last offseason, and now in 2010 we currently have the lowest payroll in the league going into an uncapped season.

I don't think we should have signed any of those ridiculously overpaid free agents, but I do hope we can at least upgrade some starting positions in free agency. And I hope that Clark Hunt is not in fact a cheapskate either because at some point in the future I'm sure there will be an expensive free agent out there that will make too much sense not to pursue.

matthewschiefs
03-08-2010, 11:37 AM
While I Do realy want us to sign some help in the free agent market I do think this team is better then a lot of people think. I have said I do want a WR or to from the free agent market. But I do understand Piolis history. Not to sign the big names but get the players who can be a help but they dont get the press. Its has worked out well for him so far so theres no reason to think that it wont work in KC.

To all of those who are upset about the lack of big names think back to the early 2000s. We tried to build a team through the free agent market IT DID NOT WORK. When something does not work you have to look to anther way to do things. This team will be fine. We will see some free agents brought in I am sure of that. We are going to spend our money wisely and pick and chose who we want. The bears got a couple of big names. They signed them both to healty contracts. I belive they are going to pay the price for this. There may not be a cap this year but there will be a cap in 2011 or whenever any lockout ends. WE will be fine. It is far to early to hit the panic button. GO CHIEFS!!!!!!!