PDA

View Full Version : Chris Chambers

YZILLA
03-08-2010, 03:09 AM
Ok before I start I want to say that I really , really like the thought of Chris Chambers being on our team . With that said , I want to go back to the Steelers game and the long pass play that he took down to like the two yard line. Does anyone sit and think .. Why doesn't he put his head down and follow his blocker into the endzone and finish the game ? Its been eating at me that we could have missed that field goal very easily having a rooking kicker under that kind of pressure. Yeah I know I know your probably saying , let it go he made the damn fieldgoal. it just bothers me that even if he had a dinged up shoulder he would want the ball and want the score. Winners want the ball right ? Anyways I am just bored and looking for something different to talk about .

pbatrucker
03-08-2010, 03:12 AM
He could have lowered his shoulder and followed his blockers and been stripped of the ball too!
:efpge: :D

YZILLA
03-08-2010, 03:17 AM
very true, But I guess what I'm getting at is , Does a Winner think that before he steps out of bounds knowing hes on the two with a blocker in front of him? all that Adrenaline pumping running wide open down the sideline knowing you could win the game against the Superbowl champs ! I bet you a Jerry Rice would have taken it to the house ! keep in mind now I really like Chris Chambers. Just sayin !

pbatrucker
03-08-2010, 03:22 AM
I agree with what you are saying. I had too have some fun with you'''re post.
:D
I do think it's critical for us to sign Chris. Most rookie WR don;t fair too well the first y

YZILLA
03-08-2010, 03:24 AM
:bananen_smilies046::efpge::lol:

Connie Jo
03-08-2010, 03:52 AM
I was impressed overall with Chambers last season, and would like to see him return. I missed the Steeler's game, was in KC that day for a special meeting.

Seek
03-08-2010, 09:11 AM
If I remember correctly, he wasn't going to make the end zone. He may have got an extra yard or two. He is a veteran and new that kick was a chip shot and didn't need to risk anything further by lowering his head to get hit. He was right.

complexrealmz
03-08-2010, 10:02 AM
Chambers is still a good reciever that can make a variety of plays.. For the most part he was our best reciever and still might be if Bowe continues to dissapoint.. We need at least one consistent reciever to have a chance..

honda522
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
Well here is the video. YouTube- Chris Chambers 61-yd catch

It looks like he is 5 yards short and being shoved out. He was really close. And you have to see it from his prospective, he tries to push it he might fumble. I wouldn't worry about it really. He got us dam close to scoring.

I would more worried why Leonard Pope gave up down field blocking.

Ryfo18
03-08-2010, 10:06 AM
I have to say I thought he could have made it in. He had a blocker in front of him and only one Steelers guy in his way. Whatever though, we won the game!

complexrealmz
03-08-2010, 10:11 AM
wow... Pope did just stand there like he was lost... smh..

See, that is why we need Chris Chambers.. That was a helluva catch on the run and shows good speed and quickness right here that is crucial to have to stretch the field. He prob could have dove and got the TD but it would have been risky.

yashi
03-08-2010, 10:16 AM
The Pope thing was actually a lot more heads up than you guys might think. He made an iffy block that could have easily been flagged and may have been trying to "hide", if you will. Easier said than done when you're 6'8" 270.

I love that play though. Easily my favorite non-Jamaal Charles Chiefs play of 2009. I'm actually kind of glad he didn't try to cut back inside and risk fumbling. I'll take my chances with a Succop XP-length FG.

honda522
03-08-2010, 10:25 AM
The Pope thing was actually a lot more heads up than you guys might think. He made an iffy block that could have easily been flagged and may have been trying to "hide", if you will. Easier said than done when you're 6'8" 270.

I love that play though. Easily my favorite non-Jamaal Charles Chiefs play of 2009. I'm actually kind of glad he didn't try to cut back inside and risk fumbling. I'll take my chances with a Succop XP-length FG.

Looked legal to me. Best shot is at 0:27. Guess he could have thought it might have been flag drawing block.

Either way. I trust Succop, but I don't trust that long snapper. I am sure that is the same game we missed a easy Field goal or PAT because some long snapper decided he wasn't going to raise his head after he snapped the ball to block some one.

yashi
03-08-2010, 10:34 AM
Yeah it did look clean, but we've been whistled for clean blocks in the past. Stupid refs.

I wonder if Chambers just out thought himself and figured the defender expected him to cut back for an easy last few yards? If you notice he did fake back inside and then cut back outside. He may have also expected Long to make the block. Nothing against Long of course because that was great hustle downfield on his part.

I'm not really going to read into it. Football speed is extremely fast, and all that happened in a split second.