PDA

View Full Version : Colts Cut Ryan Lilja

Seek
03-08-2010, 06:48 PM
The reports are they cut him because they are looking for a bigger guard.

The kid is only 28 and from KC. Bring him home. He never should have left.

yashi
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I'd love to have him back in KC.

LT - Russell Okung
LG - Branden Albert
C - Brian Waters
RG - Ryan Lilja
RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

NWA Chief
03-08-2010, 06:55 PM
I see this being a match made in Heaven for KC. He's from K State. Would love to see im on our right side and STILL drafting a G (late 2nd or 3rd) early to get a replacement for Waters when he hangs his cleats up for good. This would give KC more options by lessening a need, but I said the same about Goff last year.....its a crap shoot.

matthewschiefs
03-08-2010, 07:10 PM
Any help is good help for this team right now. I would take him. :chiefs: :chiefs3:

honda522
03-08-2010, 07:11 PM
I'd take him back. Sure hr might be "undersized" but a lot of guys are undersized and still great players.

kckidd8870
03-08-2010, 07:44 PM
I was going to right something about his release on here but I guess you already now.So ill put my comment out there.Lets get him.A K-State guy,went to Shawnee mission Northwest.A good solid player.We could sure use him.

hometeam
03-08-2010, 08:38 PM
ill take em~

pbatrucker
03-08-2010, 09:52 PM
yep, bring him home.

jtandcrew
03-08-2010, 10:12 PM
I say bring him back! I have never thought he shoulda been cut in the first place! I shoulda known he would have when I heard Vermeil bragging about him during a interview and how he was going to make the team. No more than a few days later, maybe a week, he was placed on waivers and the Colts picked him up in less than 24 hrs. I just wonder if this isnt some kind of deal where they already have an agreement to release him and then re-sign him again like we did with Chambers. Guess time will see.

endzonewillie
03-09-2010, 05:12 AM
Size doesn't matter, look at Jeff Saturday of the Colts. He is the classic example of an under sized Olineman.

yashi
03-09-2010, 06:52 AM
Not to mention zone blocking linemen are usually under 300 lbs. Just look at the broncos line all those years.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-09-2010, 05:26 PM
I'd love to have him back in KC.

LT - Russell Okung
LG - Branden Albert
C - Brian Waters
RG - Ryan Lilja
RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

Exactly what I thought.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 06:18 PM
This guy got cut from the team with the 32nd ranked run offense (the worst) in the league. Let's see, if I connect the dots here...yep, don't want him on the Chiefs line. Any other team can have him though!

Coach
03-09-2010, 06:29 PM
This guy got cut from the team with the 32nd ranked run offense (the worst) in the league. Let's see, if I connect the dots here...yep, don't want him on the Chiefs line. Any other team can have him though!

Any team that has Peyton Manning as the QB will be a pass-first team. Don't read too much into that statistic.

For example: The Colts may have had the least amount of rushing yards, but they also had the 2nd least amount of rushing attempts. That's a pretty amazing stat considering that they were winning in nearly every game they were in and finished the season 14-2.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 07:19 PM
Any team that has Peyton Manning as the QB will be a pass-first team. Don't read too much into that statistic.

For example: The Colts may have had the least amount of rushing yards, but they also had the 2nd least amount of rushing attempts. That's a pretty amazing stat considering that they were winning in nearly every game they were in and finished the season 14-2.

That's fair, but they still were tied for 30th in YPA (3.5). Coming from a pass first team that has defenses on their heels, that's pretty poor.

chief31
03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
That's fair, but they still were tied for 30th in YPA (3.5). Coming from a pass first team that has defenses on their heels, that's pretty poor.

Well, despite the success of Charles last season, if you look at the style of offenses that we are modeling after, both The Pats and The Cards are all about the passing game.

Not that I like that concept, but I think that is what our coaching staff is going for.