PDA

View Full Version : Update on Thomas Jones !!!!!!!

YZILLA
03-09-2010, 10:47 AM
Per Arrowhead pride a few minutes ago .

Thomas Jones Is Still In Kansas City - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/9/1364265/thomas-jones-still-in-kansas-city)

yashi
03-09-2010, 10:51 AM
I listened to Nick Wright's interview with Pioli. Hopefully they're ironing out a deal and that's why he's still in town.

loyalchief91
03-09-2010, 11:38 AM
Good. Hopefully a deal comes through

jacko58
03-09-2010, 11:40 AM
good to hear!! if we get jones then thats one more position were deeper at. we get jones to put with chambers as our first fa signings ill feel safer knowing rb and wr are a little stronger, still would like to see us draft a wide out and of course bring in some lineman to compete at every spot. still need a safety ilb nt te but were doin good slow insteady i like it

Vandelay
03-09-2010, 11:50 AM
YouTube- Get er done

kckidd8870
03-09-2010, 12:13 PM
That would be great jones and charles in the backfield.Resigning Chambers.That would be a step in the right direction.So let's get eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr done lol.

Canada
03-09-2010, 12:33 PM
That would be great jones and charles in the backfield.Resigning Chambers.That would be a step in the right direction.So let's get eeeeeeeeerrrrrrrr done lol.

Not sure if this is just a typo but we already re signed him!!

KC Resigns Chris Chambers to 3yr, $15 mil, $5.9mil Guaranteed - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12922)
:bananen_smilies046:

OPLookn
03-09-2010, 12:50 PM
Now if we can just get Lilja in town and sign him to a deal....oh the possibilities!

yashi
03-09-2010, 12:57 PM
Man the thought of this makes me feel like I'm walking on sunshine!

RB - Jamaal Charles / Thomas Jones
WR - Dwayne Bowe / Chris Chambers

LT - Jared Gaither
LG - Branden Albert
C - Brian Waters
RG - Ryan Lilja
RT - Ryan O'Callaghan

Huge guys at tackle, athletic guards that can push guys into them or move into the 2nd level, and our trusty wise old veteran Brian Waters moving to Center, where he was originally going to play when he first joined us.

GETTRRRRRRRRRRRRRDUNNNNNNNN!!!

SIC J
03-09-2010, 01:01 PM
I think I'm the only one that really doesn't care to pick up Thomas Jones. We already have a great back with Charles. We don't need to spend the money on a back like Jones. I would think they would look to improve other parts of the defense and spend the money there first instead of a position that is not so bad as others.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 01:06 PM
I think I'm the only one that really doesn't care to pick up Thomas Jones. We already have a great back with Charles. We don't need to spend the money on a back like Jones. I would think they would look to improve other parts of the defense and spend the money there first instead of a position that is not so bad as others.

Backs seem to wear down so fast these days though. Look at Michael Turner in his first full season as a starter. 370+ carries and now he's constantly battling injuries. LJ was never the same either after he set the single season carries record.

You have to have someone you have confidence in to complement your back. The guys we have now are not talented enough to be running the ball 8-10 guys a game.

I'm not necessarily for getting Thomas Jones either if he'll cost too much. I think we could definitely find a serviceable back in the draft.

wildcat
03-09-2010, 01:08 PM

You are not alone. Fargas is cheaper and younger and I think we should sign him instead. We don't need to bring in somebody that might compete with Charles for playing time. We just need somebody who will complement Charles and keep him at or below 20 carries a game (we need to keep Charles healthy). However, I am OK with the move if we get Jones for the right price.

yashi
03-09-2010, 01:11 PM
You are not alone. Fargas is cheaper and younger and I think we should sign him instead. We don't need to bring in somebody that might compete with Charles for playing time. We just need somebody who will complement Charles and keep him at or below 20 carries a game (we need to keep Charles healthy). However, I am OK with the move if we get Jones for the right price.

I want to get someone who can help ultimately extend Charles career a few extra years while not being a huge downgrade when JC comes out of the game. I've never been that impressed with Fargas. I guess I'd prefer to just draft a guy in the 4th round than to sign him.

kckidd8870
03-09-2010, 01:12 PM
Ya I know now we already have chambers.I just meant adding Jones with Charles and Chambers would be great.I don't think Bowe is done either.I think he can be a big time player to.He just has to get his head out of his _ss.

Seek
03-09-2010, 01:31 PM
I want a guy who can comes in and is a seriously threat should a team silence Charles. I want a guy who comes and futher puts a defense on their heals while, Charles is resting after kicking their butt. I want a guy who keeps the running threat there to keep the balance of run vs pass pure.

I don't think that guy is Fargas. Fargas is a hard nosed runner who runs every run like it may be he last, but he is a straight north and south runner and that is it.

Sn@keIze
03-09-2010, 01:36 PM
I want a guy who can comes in and is a seriously threat should a team silence Charles. I want a guy who comes and futher puts a defense on their heals while, Charles is resting after kicking their butt. I want a guy who keeps the running threat there to keep the balance of run vs pass pure.

I don't think that guy is Fargas. Fargas is a hard nosed runner who runs every run like it may be he last, but he is a straight north and south runner and that is it.
Eggsactly, thats a good thing. I think that would be a good one two punch also.

A Smasher and a Dasher.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-09-2010, 01:47 PM
Just as the league has become a "passing league" I also think the 2 back system is the way of the future.

jwill 747
03-09-2010, 01:49 PM
Help us Thomas Jones... ur our only hope

Seek
03-09-2010, 01:51 PM
Eggsactly, thats a good thing. I think that would be a good one two punch also.

A Smasher and a Dasher.

he is not a threat and does nothing to keep teams out of balance. He runs hard right into tacklers. If Charles was to get injured for any period of time. Our offense would lack a rushing attack with Fargas.

yashi
03-09-2010, 02:07 PM
he is not a threat and does nothing to keep teams out of balance. He runs hard right into tacklers. If Charles was to get injured for any period of time. Our offense would lack a rushing attack with Fargas.

That's what I think about. If Charles is injured and Fargas is our starting RB, we're done. If Jones is starting, then I like our chances a whole lot more.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-09-2010, 02:16 PM
That's what I think about. If Charles is injured and Fargas is our starting RB, we're done. If Jones is starting, then I like our chances a whole lot more.
Agreed

jacko58
03-09-2010, 03:08 PM

:sign0087: couldn't put it better myself

Boobcrack
03-09-2010, 04:15 PM
So nobody thinks that Kolby can step up and be a nice complement to Charles?

matthewschiefs
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM

I think he could. His history of injury is the reason why they have to look eleswere. He has not been able to stay on the field. I still think that he could be a good backup to Charles he just has to prove he can stay healthy.

SIC J
03-09-2010, 04:20 PM
And if Charles doesn't get hurt, Chiefs just paid Jones big bucks to sit on the sidelines.

The IF IF IF question is always going to be there. I don't really see Jones signing for a small contract. That would really surprise the hell out of me if he did.

Now if Jones does get a big contract, that could also backfire and piss off Charles. Which could lead to Charles wanting to be traded or not play 100%. Again the IF factor.

Personally, I'll take Charles over Jones.

matthewschiefs
03-09-2010, 04:23 PM
And if Charles doesn't get hurt, Chiefs just paid Jones big bucks to sit on the sidelines.

The IF IF IF question is always going to be there. I don't really see Jones signing for a small contract. That would really surprise the hell out of me if he did.

Now if Jones does get a big contract, that could also backfire and piss off Charles. Which could lead to Charles wanting to be traded or not play 100%. Again the IF factor.

If and right now thats still a big IF we do get Jones I dont think it will be a large contract. I dont see alot of teams willing to give him a large contract. At least I dont think it would be big enough to make Charles mad.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM
Started a new thread, we signed him!

Chiefs sign Thomas Jones to 2 year, $5 million deal! - Kansas City Chiefs Forums (http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/showthread.php?t=12935)

slimdagreat
03-09-2010, 05:09 PM

According to Adam Schefter is 2 years $5 Million. I think that's perfect.

And I'd take Charles over Jones too, but we aren't signing TJ to replace JC, we're getting him to compliment and rest him. TJ can close a game for us if we have a late lead and need to run down the clock, and is a better goal line threat.

Coach
03-09-2010, 07:00 PM

Bingo! I still like the idea of JC being our primary back. He has the ability to take any play to the house. But if he gets hurt, TJ can carry the load. He's proven it. He also played this role well with Leon Washington. Why don't you go visit a few NY Jets forums and see what they think about TJ getting signed for 2yr/$5mm. They are fuming. We stole this guy right out from under the Jets.

$5mm for 2 years. I can live with that deal. In fact, I think TJ could have gotten a lot more money by shopping the deal. Pioli must have made him an offer he couldn't refuse.

kcnation
03-09-2010, 07:15 PM
this is great news,im glad we got him,with charles and jones we should have a good 1-2 punch,now all we need to do is block for them :bananen_smilies046:

yashi
03-09-2010, 07:17 PM
It's a great deal when you consider that Chester Taylor got 12.5 over 4 years with 7 guaranteed.

jacko58
03-09-2010, 08:31 PM
thomas jones officually a chief! oh happy days!! jones and charles in the back fiel chambers bowe and lance long as wide outs and cassel at qb lookin good we need a few linemen tight end and sign tony richardson as full back and ill be singing happy tunes till the draft

SIC J
03-09-2010, 11:02 PM
Just saw the deal that was made. Very surprised that he signed a deal like that but its great news for the Chiefs! Guess it all worked out!

Chiefster
03-09-2010, 11:56 PM
This is a good thing.

1400 yards rushing last year with 14 TDs.

4.2 yards per carry.

Seek
03-10-2010, 09:33 AM

Yes for half a game until he gets hurt for the season.

jacko58
03-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Yes for half a game until he gets hurt for the season.

party pooper lol

YZILLA
03-10-2010, 01:11 PM
I still like Kolby , he had some tough breaks the past two years . Hes really not injury prone, just bad luck . He runs hard and I think he still can help this team .

matthewschiefs
03-10-2010, 01:20 PM
I still like Kolby , he had some tough breaks the past two years . Hes really not injury prone, just bad luck . He runs hard and I think he still can help this team .

2 injuries dont make you injury prone but this would be the season he has to prove that he can stay on the field and not get hurt to not get that tag. I hope he can do it If he can stay on the field we will be a much better team.

josh1971
03-10-2010, 08:31 PM
2 injuries dont make you injury prone but this would be the season he has to prove that he can stay on the field and not get hurt to not get that tag. I hope he can do it If he can stay on the field we will be a much better team.

I agree- at this point HE has things to prove. I would ask, though- how often do you have to get season ending injuries before it does become considered "Injury prone".

I think TJ has a WAY better chance to be the compliment.

jb