PDA

View Full Version : How would you grade this scenario?

jason1981
03-09-2010, 09:11 PM
We now have Thomas Jones, Chambers is resigned.

What if we go after Jared Gaither for our 2 rd pick. put him at RT.

We sign Ryan Lilja and put him at RG.

Draft Safetly Eric Berry with out 1st rd pick.

With our other 2nd round pick we either get a LB or Center or NT. (best available)or even maybe trade up.

Then our offseason would be:
Ryan Lilja RG
Jared Gaithers RT
Eric Berry S
Thomas Jones RB
CHris Chambers WR
Then whatever our other 2rd pick is.

THen we still have 3rd and rest of draft to add.

I would Give this Offseason an A Grade.
It would be a major upgrade.

bwilliams
03-09-2010, 10:05 PM
This is my first post!

I think if we got Gaither, he's be our LT, and Albert would move to LG. IF we got Lilja, he'd probably be our RG, with Waters at C and O'Callahan at RT.

I do like Berry at 5 and a NT with the other 2nd rounder. It's pretty possible Cody will last that long.

yashi
03-09-2010, 10:10 PM
This is my first post!

I think if we got Gaither, he's be our LT, and Albert would move to LG. IF we got Lilja, he'd probably be our RG, with Waters at C and O'Callahan at RT.

I do like Berry at 5 and a NT with the other 2nd rounder. It's pretty possible Cody will last that long.

Nice first post, and I agree with everything you said. :bananen_smilies046:

captainamerica
03-09-2010, 10:13 PM
This is my first post!

Although I don't think it'd be impossible, I do think it'd be highly unlikely that Cody would still be around by the time our 2b pick comes up. There's a decent chance on the otherhand that Cam Thomas will still be on the board.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 10:52 PM
Although I don't think it'd be impossible, I do think it'd be highly unlikely that Cody would still be around by the time our 2b pick comes up. There's a decent chance on the otherhand that Cam Thomas will still be on the board.

I think he's saying NT at 2a though.

Nice first post. Not a huge fan of Lilja though, there's a reason the Colts got rid of him. I said it in another thread, any lineman that gets dropped from a team that had the fewest rushing yards and 2nd lowest YPC (from a pass-first team that has defenses on their heels), I don't want.

Connie Jo
03-09-2010, 11:24 PM
This is my first post!

Welcome to Chiefs Crowd!! :D

stricken721
03-09-2010, 11:27 PM
B+ if we get another WR in round 3 I give it an A.

captainamerica
03-09-2010, 11:32 PM

Yeah, but the whole premise of this thread is a what if type scenario that focuses on the outcome of a potential trade for Jared Gaithers. A potential trade that would cost us our 2a pick.

honda522
03-09-2010, 11:38 PM
I don't want to trade for an OL. We will have... LT = Draft Pick, Left Guard = Brain Waters, Center = Still unknown, Right Guard = Brandon Albert, Right Tackle O'Callahan.

We need to find a center and a left tackle and this line would be great.

Ryfo18
03-09-2010, 11:40 PM
Yeah, but the whole premise of this thread is a what if type scenario that focuses on the outcome of a potential trade for Jared Gaithers. A potential trade that would cost us our 2a pick.

Haha you're absolutely right. My bad!

stricken721
03-09-2010, 11:41 PM
I don't want to trade for an OL. We will have... LT = Draft Pick, Left Guard = Brain Waters, Center = Still unknown, Right Guard = Brandon Albert, Right Tackle O'Callahan.

We need to find a center and a left tackle and this line would be great.

How about Kevin Mawae?

matthewschiefs
03-09-2010, 11:49 PM
This is my first post!

Welcome to the crowd. :bananen_smilies046:

KottkeKU
03-10-2010, 12:01 AM
Your forgetting about our two most important offseason acquistions so far too...ROMEO CRENNEL and CHARLIE WEISS, not to mention the subtraction of Tim Krumrie and the addition of Emmet Thomas (CB's coach)....our coaches are legit now, that is going to make a WORLD of a difference...

But yeah that would be awesome to come away with Gaither and Eric Berry with our first two picks (they want a first rounder apparently for Gaither so you can forget about them accepting our 2a pick, that just isn't enough)...then having a NT like Cam Thomas or T.Cody to fall to us at 2b....which i dont think either will happen. If we want a NT, we are either going to have to reach or trade down for Dan Williams, or reach a little for Cam Thomas at 2a...i dont think he will last until we pick with 2b

AussieChiefsFan
03-10-2010, 01:28 AM
A, I really hope Eric berry gets drafted!

chief31
03-10-2010, 04:05 AM
I like it aside from Lilja. He certainly hasn't shown the ability to plow open rushing lanes, or protect a QB with less than spectacular awareness.

Pass blocking for Peyton Manning is a far easier job than pass blocking for any other QB.

If Gaither were to come onboard then I would try to get him playing a high level at LOT and move Albert to where he was the best prospect in the nation, at OG.

However, with an offense that appears to be an attempt to replicate the 'pass first' offenses in Arizona and New England, I bet we would be more interested in Lilja than the mountain that is Gaither.

Whichever they would bring in, I imagine that will be "case closed" as far as the starting positions on our o-line. Not to my liking. But to our staff.

With that in mind, Safety would be one of the top priorities on the team. Along with NT and some LB spots. So drafting Berry becomes a bit more feasible in my opinion.

Overall, I grade your scenario at about a B-.

You failed to adrees a couple of our biggest deficiencies at NT and LB.

jacko58
03-10-2010, 11:35 AM
dont want cody? i dont get why people are high on a fat nt. not a big nt but a fat one if we wanted fat players wed resign ryan sims

OPLookn
03-10-2010, 12:30 PM

Nice first post. Not a huge fan of Lilja though, there's a reason the Colts got rid of him. I said it in another thread, any lineman that gets dropped from a team that had the fewest rushing yards and 2nd lowest YPC (from a pass-first team that has defenses on their heels), I don't want.

I would agree with that if we were already a good to great team. But we're talking about a team that needs upgrades on the o-line. Lilja is an immediate upgrade and will start as soon as we could get a uniform on him. I don't see why you wouldn't want someone that started every game for a team that went to the super bowl on a team that went 4-12 last year....

buffman316
03-10-2010, 12:32 PM
A scenerio like that would give us an 8 or 9 win season for sure.

jason1981
03-10-2010, 02:56 PM
You failed to adrees a couple of our biggest deficiencies at NT and LB.

NT and LB could be address in the 3rd and later rounds. and now just signed DT Smith