PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs sign FA WR Jerheme Urban

Ryfo18
03-11-2010, 01:36 AM
Source: Adam Schefter, Twitter Machine

WR Jerheme Urban, who used to play for Todd Haley in Arizona, now will do so in Kansas City. A free agent, Urban signed with the Chiefs.

Another signing I like a lot. Urban battled for time, but was always buried in the depth chart behind Fitzgerald, Boldin, and Breaston. He probably doesn't project as more than a 3rd or 4th Wide Receiver though. Nevertheless, I'm glad to have him and see if we can make a name out of him!

josh1971
03-11-2010, 02:22 AM
This could be an interesting pick up. I don't know much about him, so I'll have to go look up some highlights!

yashi
03-11-2010, 07:31 AM
I've seen him play a bit when he was with Arizona. Seemed like a decent 4th receiver/special team type.

bigpoppachief
03-11-2010, 09:30 AM
I remember watching a game and the announcers talkign very highly of him. Who knows maybe given the right oppurtunity he can be a stud LETS HOPE LOL

Drunker Hillbilly
03-11-2010, 10:19 AM
I've seen him play a bit when he was with Arizona. Seemed like a decent 4th receiver/special team type.
He is a much better player than a 4th/special teamer. Really good hands and goes across the middle with no regard for his body. Certainly not a homerun guy but will definitely get you first downs and in Az was very, very good on 3rd and long. Maybe because he was Warner's 3rd option and teams knew it but none the less made the plays. I like this pick up especially with the inconsistancy of the WR's last season. I'm callin it now.....if Bowe doesn't improve DRASTICALLY this year with his catches/drops, he will find his butt on the bench or on his way outta town!!

KCINNYC
03-11-2010, 10:39 AM
Got to love having fresh Chiefs news each day...

Now if we can just sign Lijia...

yashi
03-11-2010, 10:41 AM
He is a much better player than a 4th/special teamer. Really good hands and goes across the middle with no regard for his body. Certainly not a homerun guy but will definitely get you first downs and in Az was very, very good on 3rd and long. Maybe because he was Warner's 3rd option and teams knew it but none the less made the plays. I like this pick up especially with the inconsistancy of the WR's last season. I'm callin it now.....if Bowe doesn't improve DRASTICALLY this year with his catches/drops, he will find his butt on the bench or on his way outta town!!

No way man, Bowe is one of the greatest receivers in NFL history. He's a great human being.

:lol: Just ruffling your feathers.

yashi
03-11-2010, 10:50 AM
By the way, a note from Wikipedia regarding Urban during his Seattle days:

Urban is considered by many to be the ultimate team player. Seattle Post-Intelligencer sportswriter Jim Miller wrote of Urban's tenure with the Seahawks that he "...wasn't a good soldier, he was a great one." Quarterback Matt Hasselbeck said of Urban, "Whatever the definition of a Seahawk is, he's it."

Coach
03-11-2010, 10:53 AM
Lance long, urban, haley, pendergrast(last year), .too bad we couldn't get Boldin.

I'm all for bringing in guys like Urban to compete for a spot. I want the best 53 guys on the field.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-11-2010, 10:54 AM
By the way, a note from Wikipedia regarding Urban during his Seattle days:
That about sums it up! From what I saw the last couple years, he's the ultimate team player!!!

Drunker Hillbilly
03-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Lance long, urban, haley, pendergrast(last year), .too bad we couldn't get Boldin.

I'm all for bringing in guys like Urban to compete for a spot. I want the best 53 guys on the field.

I would almost guarrantee he makes the 53 man roster. Haley knows this guy on the field and knows he is a good character guy. Never going to be the superstar but IIMO, he's not on a try out, he's on the team.

bigpoppachief
03-11-2010, 11:34 AM
Hes a big guy though 6'2 or 6'3 so who knows Hopefulyl he can at least come in and be anough of a threat Dfenses cant signal out Bowe and Chambers

matthewschiefs
03-11-2010, 11:39 AM
IF he can be a guy that can CATCH the ball hes much needed help. Cant wait to see what he can do.

N TX Dave
03-11-2010, 02:00 PM
IF he can be a guy that can CATCH the ball hes much needed help. Cant wait to see what he can do.

Well he played for Haley and he knows what he can do and I bet he will not have a case of dropsy and will make the 3rd down catch to keep the drive alive.
:chiefs:

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-11-2010, 03:30 PM
That's what I think it is, too - some sure hands who knows what will be required of him.

We still need a stud wide receiver, and I'm really hoping for Tate in the second round.

After his 40 time, no one can say the guy isn't a stud playmaker.

AussieChiefsFan
03-12-2010, 12:43 AM
How many years does the contract last?

Ryfo18
03-12-2010, 01:34 AM
How many years does the contract last?

Haven't found anything on that Aussie, most likely a minimal contract though. Hopefully he earns way more from his play this year though!

AussieChiefsFan
03-12-2010, 02:37 AM
Haven't found anything on that Aussie, most likely a minimal contract though. Hopefully he earns way more from his play this year though!
I hope he impacts positivley this upcoming season too!

70 chiefsfan70
03-12-2010, 08:13 AM
Competition for Bowe! I like it.

buffman316
03-12-2010, 12:06 PM
It is nice to see the Chiefs more active this week for sure. This week get's an A from me for Jones and Urban. This guy caught passes in that crowded WR core in Arizona? He should do fine here as a slot reciever!

matthewschiefs
03-12-2010, 12:22 PM
It is nice to see the Chiefs more active this week for sure. This week get's an A from me for Jones and Urban. This guy caught passes in that crowded WR core in Arizona? He should do fine here as a slot reciever!

I cant help but to wonder what ever happend to Pioli $hithead. The guy would not shut up last week. I guess Pioli shut him up:D :chiefs: :chiefs3:

N TX Dave
03-12-2010, 01:53 PM
I cant help but to wonder what ever happend to Pioli . The guy would not shut up last week. I guess Pioli shut him up:D :chiefs: :chiefs3:
No Pioli $hit on his head and he knows enough that when you are nose deep in $hit to keep your mouth shut.
:whipping1: