PDA

View Full Version : When will the Chiefs address ILB!!

pbatrucker
03-12-2010, 04:06 AM
With Morrison available for a 3rd rd pick and with Denver cutting Davis it seems one or both of these guys would help.

pbatrucker
03-12-2010, 04:08 AM
Broncos cut Davis; could he fit in K.C.? - AFC West Blog - ESPN (http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/10941/broncos-cut-davis-could-he-fit-in-k-c)

yashi
03-12-2010, 06:31 AM
I'd love to see Morrison or Davis.

pbatrucker
03-12-2010, 07:56 AM
I'd love to see Morrison or Davis.

Either one would be an up grade. Morrison would cost a 3rd, Davis wouldn't cost a draft choice since he was cut.

yashi
03-12-2010, 08:00 AM
Either one would be an up grade. Morrison would cost a 3rd, Davis wouldn't cost a draft choice since he was cut.

Yeah it's tough to decide. On the one hand, Morrison is a better player and also younger. Davis isn't as good but he's played under Crennel and he'll only cost us money. If DJ starts this year, I like how Morrison complements him as the sure-tackler to DJ as a playmaker/coverage guy, kind of like Pittsburgh's Farrier/Timmons.

70 chiefsfan70
03-12-2010, 08:06 AM
Wouldn't mind Davis, But would hate to see us give a 3rd, with all the needs we have.

I'd like to see us use our picks on holes that can not be filled in FA.

WTF was Denver thinking!

wildcat
03-12-2010, 09:41 AM
WTF was Denver thinking!

You do realize that McDaniels was placed in Denver by Pioli to intentionally run the organization into the ground and then eventually join KC's staff (as a waterboy of course), right? I thought this was clear after he chased off Denver's young Pro Bowl QB. If that wasn't enough, he is in the process of chasing off their best receiver. I hate to admit it, but I am almost starting to like him (almost).

Ryfo18
03-12-2010, 10:16 AM
You do realize that McDaniels was placed in Denver by Pioli to intentionally run the organization into the ground and then eventually join KC's staff (as a waterboy of course), right? I thought this was clear after he chased off Denver's young Pro Bowl QB. If that wasn't enough, he is in the process of chasing off their best receiver. I hate to admit it, but I am almost starting to like him (almost).

LOL that is the craziest thing I've ever heard, but would be awesome if it was true.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-12-2010, 01:17 PM
As I understand it, the 3-4 that Crennel runs is predicated on two different types of ILB. One guy is there to take on blockers, to disrupt the play, and the other guy is more of the playmaker.

if we don't go after Morrison, it is because he has gotten a reputation similar to DJ's in that people say he doesn't take on blockers.

We need a powerhouse middle linebacker - someone who will get involved, seek out contact, and free up DJ to use his athleticism to make the play.

In that regard, I'd be more for signing Andra Davis and then drafting an ILB with the 51st pick.

If Spikes doesn't run before the draft, he could fall to the third, and I'd love to take him there.

Of course, I could be completely wrong about this whole "two different types of ILB" thing. It's just something I read.

NWA Chief
03-12-2010, 04:01 PM
I have read several posts by fans who believe DJ is the starter, but noone talks of Demorrio Williams. Was he not the leading tackler this year? I may be wrong but I felt he was very satisfying as a ILB and the surprise was Corey Mays starting. I think ILB should be upgraded, but to replace Mays rather than Demorrio Williams. I think Andre Davis has a better chance of landing in KC because of his background with Crennel. To me, DJ is more of a nickel package LB that can cover well, but by no means a starter in our 3-4 system. Don't mistake that as me saying he is not a talented LB. He is better suited for a 4-3 though. I feel that I'm somewhat knowledgeable of the Chiefs strengths and weaknesses but I know very little of D. Williams coverage abilities. Anybody care to help me with this?

pbatrucker
03-12-2010, 04:11 PM
I have read several posts by fans who believe DJ is the starter, but noone talks of Demorrio Williams. Was he not the leading tackler this year? I may be wrong but I felt he was very satisfying as a ILB and the surprise was Corey Mays starting. I think ILB should be upgraded, but to replace Mays rather than Demorrio Williams. I think Andre Davis has a better chance of landing in KC because of his background with Crennel. To me, DJ is more of a nickel package LB that can cover well, but by no means a starter in our 3-4 system. Don't mistake that as me saying he is not a talented LB. He is better suited for a 4-3 though. I feel that I'm somewhat knowledgeable of the Chiefs strengths and weaknesses but I know very little of D. Williams coverage abilities. Anybody care to help me with this?
D. Williams was the leading tackler. Problem is very few of those were quality tackles (at the line of scrimage or tackles for a lose. Now that could improve with better Dl play to keep the guards and tackle off him but that has yet to be proved. C. Mays is a backup and good special teams player. Dj can be a super star if he learns the disapline to cover his assigned ares every down.

Fansincebirth
03-12-2010, 04:16 PM
Great teams are not bought but built. Lets look at what we have befor we spend money on something we dont need. Many dont like Cory Mays, but he had a breakout season last year. Befor last year he had only started 1 game. We also have good young backers. Belcher is going to be a great player in the NFL. Have we forgotten about Studebaker already. We have strong young players and coaching staff, known for player development. Not sure our needs are at LB are all that desperate. One other thought I will leave you with is these players are not being let go by other teams because they are pro bowlers.

Fansincebirth
03-12-2010, 04:27 PM
Dont sell Danials short. I wouldnt have Cutler if it were my team. 90% of QB's are a product of systems and the players around them. Look how much better Orten was last year in new system and different team. Look at how poor Cutler played in his new home. Dont believe the hype of the briliant anallists. Cutler is not great, he is average. And mayby Danials is just smarter than Herm Edwards and Carl Peterson. Maybe he is just getting ride of a problem child while he can still get a #1 pick for him, instead of paying him a big contract and being a failing destraction for the team and has to be cut mid season and get nothing for him. How many would like to go back 2 years and trade LJ for a #1 pick?

KottkeKU
03-12-2010, 04:28 PM
I hope we draft linebackers. Pioli knows his linebackers, drafting atleast one would really help i think. Then sign Joey Porter to get pressure on the QB

Fansincebirth
03-12-2010, 04:31 PM
Just one more thing. DJ is a good backer and think he is just getting comfortable with the new system and has a place on our team. But dont let your hearts fool your minds. If he was all that and a bag of chips, why is noone jumping on him? You would think if he was so great, at least the Saints would give up the 32nd pick for a great young starting linebacker like DJ.