PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Mock Draft

DangerRyan
03-12-2010, 10:47 PM
Hey guys, sorry to say but I am a Seahawks fan who just joined the site for some mock draft questions. Over at SeahawkBlue we do a mock draft each year and members select teams to be the GM for. I have picked the Chiefs and want to know what the needs are on defense.

I traded down with the #5 pick in the draft with the Bills to #9 and drafted Bryan Bulaga. I also picked up the Bills 2nd round pick #41 overall so...we have 4 picks in the top 50. I am thinking about getting Chad Jones S from LSU with the 36th pick and then Terrance Cody DT from Alabama with the 41st pick.

Does this sound like a mock you guys would be happy with and if not what are some of the bigger need areas for the Chiefs?

Coach
03-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Hey guys, sorry to say but I am a Seahawks fan who just joined the site for some mock draft questions. Over at SeahawkBlue we do a mock draft each year and members select teams to be the GM for. I have picked the Chiefs and want to know what the needs are on defense.

I traded down with the #5 pick in the draft with the Bills to #9 and drafted Bryan Bulaga. I also picked up the Bills 2nd round pick #41 overall so...we have 4 picks in the top 50. I am thinking about getting Chad Jones S from LSU with the 36th pick and then Terrance Cody DT from Alabama with the 41st pick.

Does this sound like a mock you guys would be happy with and if not what are some of the bigger need areas for the Chiefs?

I would substitute a LB or WR for Chad Jones.

DangerRyan
03-12-2010, 10:58 PM
Right on. Thanks for info.

yashi
03-12-2010, 11:05 PM
Chad Jones wouldn't be bad. We don't have a strong safety.

DangerRyan
03-12-2010, 11:20 PM
What about Brandon Spikes, then Terrance Cody and if he's there Chad Jones at #50 or go WR at #50. That wouldn't seem to bad to me.

Coach
03-12-2010, 11:40 PM
What about Brandon Spikes, then Terrance Cody and if he's there Chad Jones at #50 or go WR at #50. That wouldn't seem to bad to me.
I'd prefer McCLain over Spikes. If McClain is gone, I'd rather see the Chiefs take Dan Williams at NT.

DangerRyan
03-12-2010, 11:45 PM
Both McClain and Williams are already gone in our mock.

Coach
03-12-2010, 11:48 PM
Both McClain and Williams are already gone in our mock.
Is Berry still on the board at #9?

kcnation
03-12-2010, 11:49 PM
i would really hope we get McCLAIN in the draft somehow...what an impact player he is

captainamerica
03-13-2010, 12:17 AM
Is Berry still on the board at #9?
You mis-read his first post entirely. He said that he took Bulaga at #9. Now he's asking who he should pick up in round 2. You don't think he was really considering Spikes at #9 do you?

Chief Tyler
03-13-2010, 01:12 AM
Bulaga isn't a bad choice, I think I would have rather had Williams or McClain as well, but at the same time I'm hoping beyond hope for Gaither, and if that doesn't happen I'd be more than content with Bulaga, especially at the 9 spot.

Anywho, moving on.

My 2nd round value picks/needs:
Maurkice Pouncey C
Mike Iutapi G
Jerry Hughes OLB
Golden Tate WR
Terrence Cody NT
Damian Williams WR
Cam Thomas NT
Koa Moasi OLB
Nate Allen S
J.D. Walton

3rd Round:
Chad Jones S (borderline, but with how much is available in the 2nd, I would hold off until the 3rd for him)
Sean Lee ILB - super talented, but injury prone, definitely worth the risk for a 3rd rounder
Demaryius Thomas WR
Darrell Stuckey S

4th Round:
Larry Asante S
Jacoby Ford WR
Pat Angerer ILB
Jason Fox OT
Myron Rolle S
Anthony Dixon RB
Major Wright S

Some guys will probably be gone before the rounds that I have them listed, but I wouldn't take them earlier due to how high our picks in each round are. In my opinion you can't really go too wrong by grabbing any of these guys as long as you don't overdraft a single position.

If it was up to me, I would aim for something along the lines of:

2a. Cody
2b. Williams
2c. Walton
3. Lee
4. Rolle

Good luck and make us look super good!

DangerRyan
03-13-2010, 05:24 PM
Cody just went #30 to the Vikings..that sucks. Looks like at #36 I will try and get Spikes if he is there then look at WR with the #41 pick, maybe Williams...Then probably take the best DT or G available at #50

Chief Tyler
03-13-2010, 08:57 PM
Cody just went #30 to the Vikings..that sucks. Looks like at #36 I will try and get Spikes if he is there then look at WR with the #41 pick, maybe Williams...Then probably take the best DT or G available at #50

Whoever is running the Vikings just made a horrible decision. Pouncey or Price would have been better there, assuming they were available. Pouncey an interior OL upgrade and Price a better fit in a 4-3 DT role. Could have gone Devin McCourty too, pretty sure they're hurting at corner. Oh well.

Spikes isn't bad, I just wouldn't draft him because of his eye gouging character issues, you might be able to get him a little later. Kindle and Hughes might be worth a look at that spot if they're around.