PDA

View Full Version : I think we're going to trade for Brady Quinn

yashi
03-13-2010, 08:19 PM
The Browns just signed Jake Delhomme today after trading for Seneca Wallace earlier in the week, meaning that Brady Quinn will probably be traded. The obvious destination is KC because of Charlie Weis.

I don't think I really like the idea. We already have a lot of money invested in Cassel, and I feel like Croyle is a better quarterback than Quinn. It would likely cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick also.

What do you guys think?

jap1
03-13-2010, 08:31 PM
The Browns just signed Jake Delhomme today after trading for Seneca Wallace earlier in the week, meaning that Brady Quinn will probably be traded. The obvious destination is KC because of Charlie Weis.

I don't think I really like the idea. We already have a lot of money invested in Cassel, and I feel like Croyle is a better quarterback than Quinn. It would likely cost us a 3rd or 4th round pick also.

What do you guys think?

Please no. From what I have seen of Quinn, he is horrible. Even when he is not pressured he has horrible accuracy.

Plus, if I remember correctly, he was not someone that Weis recruited. He was the QB recruited by the coach that was there before Weis. He was just the best QB on the team at the time.

captainamerica
03-13-2010, 08:36 PM
I personally think trading Cassel and drafting Clausen is much more likely and I don't even think that's very probable. Brady Quinn may have played for Weiss, but he wasn't a Weiss guy.

yashi
03-13-2010, 08:47 PM
You guys are right about him not being a Weis recruit, but I still worry since he played under him all those years. I hope you guys are right and we don't trade for him. No arm strength, no accuracy, no pocket presence, all body.

AussieChiefsFan
03-13-2010, 08:53 PM
Quinn isn't a good QB. IMO Brodie Croyle is a better QB. (and he's been a Chief all his career so that might help the morale or whatever) but mainly what i'm saying is that I wouldn't want Quinn on the team.

honda522
03-13-2010, 09:23 PM
I think Croyle is better than Quin. Even though he is often injured.

matthewschiefs
03-13-2010, 09:36 PM
I Think Quinn might still amount to something. Hes been on a horrible team that might have been hurting him. But hes got to start to show something soon.

As for him being a Chiefs I dont think its going to happen. There are some teams that want a Qb if he is going to be moved he will go to one of those teams. We have a better QB depth cart then alot of teams.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-13-2010, 10:28 PM
Don't like him much and don't know that this will happen but I do think he will be much better than Croyle when all is said and done. Not a Croyle fan at all.

hometeam
03-13-2010, 10:31 PM
will never happen~

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2010, 12:53 AM
will never happen~
'Nuff said.

Ryfo18
03-14-2010, 01:01 AM
will never happen~

Gotta agree here, very little chance of this.

brish
03-14-2010, 06:46 AM
Doubt it will happen.. Cassel and Croyle are better quarterbacks, and we need the picks to fill actual positions of need.

Edit: I wouldn't be surprised if we picked up a project QB in on of the late rounds, I think Pioli has been talking to one already actually. The reason would be, that in a league where a lot of people are looking for QB's, Croyle with his (albeit limited) experience, holds some value. So he might be unloaded at some point, might not even be this year.

chiefsfaninNY
03-14-2010, 06:54 AM

What do you guys think?
i agree....i thought Brady Quinn was gonna be drafted by the Chiefs til the Cowboys and Browns made a deal with a few seconds left on the draft clock in front of the Chiefs...but to be honest , im glad because he dont seem to be adjusting to the nfl as well as everyone thought he would [ myself included] we are better off with who we have now.

wolfpack
03-14-2010, 09:34 AM
unless cassel really screws up this year he wont be traded or cut.
Why? because pioli would have to admit he scewed up big time on his qb in talent and paying him. Besides, we have alot more bigger holes to fill then a QB.

Coach
03-14-2010, 10:57 AM
If anyone other that Matt Cassel is starting at QB at the beginning of this season, I would be VERY upset and this team will have taken a huge step backwards.

I'm not going to keep on about Cassel. So as far as Quinn goes, don't put tyoo much stock into him having played for Weis. Lots of players played for Weis, Quinn is one of them. I can't imagine the Chiefs would be willing to give up draft picks to land what would amount to a 3rd string qb.

There are many teams that need a QB that might be willing to take a flyer on Quinn instead of drafting a spending a 1st round pick on a hopeful qbotf. Buffalo, Stl, Sea, just to name a few.

If Quinn comes here, it will be because he was cut. And I can't imagine Quinn would want to play 3rd sting for Chiefs anyway.

Eydugstr
03-14-2010, 11:09 AM
I just don't see it happening. We need OL, LB's and Safeties a lot more than another QB.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-14-2010, 11:44 AM
I don't see any reason why this trade shouldn't happen. Quinn gets paid a base salary of $760,000 each of the next 2 years and if anyone can "unlock" his potential it would be Weiss. Getting a 1st round pick Qb with tons of potential for a 4th or even 5th round pick would be peanuts and a smart investment. Anything above a 4th round trade, I don't believe would be worth it though. Not in this draft.

matthewschiefs
03-14-2010, 12:10 PM
I don't see any reason why this trade shouldn't happen. Quinn gets paid a base salary of $760,000 each of the next 2 years and if anyone can "unlock" his potential it would be Weiss. Getting a 1st round pick Qb with tons of potential for a 4th or even 5th round pick would be peanuts and a smart investment. Anything above a 4th round trade, I don't believe would be worth it though. Not in this draft.

If we were in need of a QB i would agree but We QB is not a need right now IMO so I dont want to work on one of the spots we have lined up.

Coach
03-14-2010, 12:27 PM
If any trade was to be made with the Chiefs, it wouldn't be for anything higher than one of our 3 5th round picks. The Browns can get more value than a 5th round pick for him, which is why I believe the only way he ends up in KC is if he was cut.

Seek
03-14-2010, 01:12 PM
I don't see the Chiefs trading for Quinn and I don't see the chiefs trading away Cassell to draft Clausen.

Cassell was Pioli's first move as GM. He is not going to trade it away one year later and admit it was a mistake, when NO one can honestly say, it was a horrible move.

KottkeKU
03-14-2010, 01:38 PM
I don't see the Chiefs trading for Quinn and I don't see the chiefs trading away Cassell to draft Clausen.

Cassell was Pioli's first move as GM. He is not going to trade it away one year later and admit it was a mistake, when NO one can honestly say, it was a horrible move.

I don't understand where all the QB trade/draft rumors are coming from. When Pioli signed Cassel to a 60 million dollar contract in his first year as GM, i figured that would put to rest all the QB talk? Its the pieces around the QB that need work.

aside from the QB, Charles, Albert, maybe Waters and Bowe are really the only things on offense worth keeping. Which means Cassel isn't getting a lot of help. Quinn sucks too! why would anyone want him as their QB? Much less trade for him lol...

I do think your right about Pioli taking a flyer on a late round QB, like he always does. He seems to do a good job of landing LBs and QB's late in the draft, and i expect him to try and do so this year as well. Cassel, Croyle, Guit, and a late draft pick to battle out for no.3 or no.4 QB....

I heard Marshall Faulk on NFL network say Pioli is trying to win now, and last season was just a practice run. So he is done drafting core lineman types early, and now is looking to add playmakers. But what does Marshall Faulk know anyways lol...i hope he is right though!

DC_Chiefsfan
03-14-2010, 01:41 PM
Cassel will start next year and if he produces will keep starting. But there's never a problem with adding quality depth at any position, especially if we can obtain that depth inexpensively. Although, I would rather see us pick him up after he's released.

MDChiefs!
03-14-2010, 02:21 PM
are you kidding me? I proposed this weeks ago and got ran off the boards...

I dont think we will be trading for him...hes probably going ot get cut. Nobody wants to take on his contract

MDChiefs!
03-14-2010, 02:37 PM
Cassel is nothing more than a $40 mil 2 year stop gap. Pioli did it like that so when he got who he wanted in here to coach, they could get their own guy. Cassel has already been paid for basically, so if you think those numbers, or the fact that Pioli traded for him is going to stop our coaches (not our GM because he doesnt coach) from getting the guy that THEY want, your crazy.

oh wait. I must not be a KC fan

Fansincebirth
03-14-2010, 02:38 PM
trade just not happening and the browns will not cut him they cant count on dilfer and i wouldnt be suprised if he is the browns starter after preseason

captainamerica
03-14-2010, 03:01 PM
trade just not happening and the browns will not cut him they cant count on dilfer and i wouldnt be suprised if he is the browns starter after preseason
If you're going to cut an expensive player, now is the year to do it, seeing as how it's an uncapped season. Also the Browns have brought in Delhomme and Seneca Wallace, two guys that are better than Quinn.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Quinn's contract is peanuts. All the money is tied up in escalators. His salary for 2010 is around $750,000. It can jump to nearly 6 million if he taks 70% of the snaps. He would be very cheap for a 1st round talent.

Ldub
03-14-2010, 03:26 PM
Cassel will start next year and if he produces will keep starting. But there's never a problem with adding quality depth at any position, especially if we can obtain that depth inexpensively. Although, I would rather see us pick him up after he's released.

Im with this guy. I dont see us trading for him, but if hes cut, why the hell not? He would be a cheap sign, and is only 25. If he develops we got a young quality quarterback for cheap, and if not, it wouldnt cost us to much. I think he have a better chance at being a starting quarterback than Matt Gutierrez, and he is the same age as Quinn.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-14-2010, 03:32 PM
And who better to develop Quinn than Weis?!

KottkeKU
03-14-2010, 04:10 PM
signing him after he gets cut is a lot different than making a trade for him, and giving away picks... (the OP has title stating he thinks we could end up making a trade for quinn...) ofcourse if he is released i would be all for signing him, why wouldn't you be?

cjsfw2
03-14-2010, 05:16 PM
looks like he just got traded to Denver, so I'm relieved were not going after him....wouldn't make too much sense in my mind

Ryfo18
03-14-2010, 05:24 PM
looks like he just got traded to Denver, so I'm relieved were not going after him....wouldn't make too much sense in my mind

Yep, Adam Schefter via Twitter:

Broncos traded FB Peyton Hillis, a 2011 6th-round draft selection and a late-round 2012 pick to Cleveland for quarterback Brady Quinn.

Fansincebirth
03-14-2010, 08:13 PM
What a break for Quinn not sure this is good news for kansas city in the future. He has talent and now one of the leagues top QB coaches for a head coach. He may even start this year.

jacko58
03-14-2010, 09:25 PM
yea hes got it made, except for the fact that the donks are in disaray about to loose marshall and everyone hates there head coach, hes got it made lol

Fansincebirth
03-14-2010, 09:54 PM
yea hes got it made, except for the fact that the donks are in disaray about to loose marshall and everyone hates there head coach, hes got it made lol
you keep telling yourself that and maybe it will actually happen

Canada
03-15-2010, 12:44 AM
you keep telling yourself that and maybe it will actually happen

Do you honestly think Marshall wants to stay in Denver? If so you should have watched football last season.

AussieChiefsFan
03-15-2010, 04:19 AM
Do you honestly think Marshall wants to stay in Denver? If so you should have watched football last season.
Not at all!

Fansincebirth
03-15-2010, 06:48 PM
What I see is a team that is not upset to get ride of a cancer from there team. Who wishes we could go back two years and get a 1st round for LJ. Letting Marshall go is a good thing for Denver, and McDanials is the best Quinn could have dreamed of.

Coach
03-15-2010, 09:07 PM
Too much donkey love in this thread.

Ldub
03-15-2010, 09:45 PM

:densux:

Canada
03-15-2010, 11:52 PM

Duck the Fonkeys!!:beat_DeadHorse:

Chiefster
03-16-2010, 02:25 AM

Want I should amend the rules and start handing out bannings??? :D

Canada
03-16-2010, 07:09 AM
Im starting to think maybe we aren't gonna be going after Quinn.

josh1971
03-16-2010, 02:44 PM
Josh McDaniels continues to amaze and astound me. So now he's banking on Orton and Brady Quinn? HAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

This means Shaun Smith, however, will have two opportunities a year to punch Quinn in the mouth each season.

jap1
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
Josh McDaniels continues to amaze and astound me. So now he's banking on Orton and Brady Quinn? HAAAAAAAAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA!

This means Shaun Smith, however, will have two opportunities a year to punch Quinn in the mouth each season.

You beat me to it. I was going to post that when I realized it about an hour ago. :bananen_smilies046: