PDA

View Full Version : Why are Center Lighter?

Argo
03-14-2010, 03:09 AM
well... thats pretty much it.. Why are the center usually 280-295 ? so they can bent? Fit between guards?

Any information appreciated.

AussieChiefsFan
03-14-2010, 03:32 AM
I never actually noticed them being lighter but I'd imagine it would be so they can snap the ball better or something along those lines.

tornadospotter
03-14-2010, 08:15 PM
So that they can see upside down with less stomach blocking the view, and the ball has a clear path to the QB.

or maybe it helps some of the delicate types of Qb's, be more willing to stick there hands where they do!

Lord, I apologize, that was just wrong right there.
:D

diehardchieffan
03-14-2010, 08:32 PM
Nothing wrong with sayn what's on your mind lol I guarntee there's a lot of people that wish they could

AussieChiefsFan
03-15-2010, 01:02 AM
So that they can see upside down with less stomach blocking the view, and the ball has a clear path to the QB.

or maybe it helps some of the delicate types of Qb's, be more willing to stick there hands where they do!

Lord, I apologize, that was just wrong right there.
:D

Could be, yes.... :D

Hayvern
03-22-2010, 03:29 PM
Wisdom says that Centers are lighter because they have to be a bit faster, they are typically asked to be better downfield blockers than guards.

They also have to get upright really quickly in order to not be flattened immediately after snapping the ball.

I am sure being able to fit the ball between their legs is important as well though!