PDA

View Full Version : Let's play, "would you do it?" (trades)

texaschief
03-15-2010, 04:08 AM
Propose trades.

I'll start.

(A)
We get:
ILB James Laurinitis AND
(pick) #33 overall

We give:
Glenn Dorsey

AussieChiefsFan
03-15-2010, 04:18 AM
I wouldn't do it.

Canada
03-15-2010, 05:16 AM
That was fun!!

texaschief
03-15-2010, 06:01 AM
:lol:

thanks for playing!!

tell'em what he's won!!

Coach
03-15-2010, 08:33 AM
I don't want to trade Dorsey, but you couldn't walk away from that deal. I'm not sure Dorsey would land us a #33 pick, let alone another player.

Yes, I'd do it..

Coach
03-15-2010, 08:35 AM
My turn:

Chiefs get OT Jared Gaither
Ravens get Chiefs 2a and 4th round picks

Coach
03-15-2010, 09:01 AM
One more:

Chiefs get TE Gregg Olsen
Bears get Chiefs 4th rd pick and one of the 5th rd picks..

Would you do it?

yashi
03-15-2010, 09:03 AM
My turn:

Heck yeah I'd do it.

yashi
03-15-2010, 09:04 AM
One more:

Would you do it?

I'd do that one too.

70 chiefsfan70
03-15-2010, 10:11 AM
One more:

Would you do it?

In a Heartbeat!

Canada
03-15-2010, 10:40 AM
Can someone post what picks we have. Im too lazy but it would make things easier if I knew what picks we had.

70 chiefsfan70
03-15-2010, 11:08 AM
Can someone post what picks we have. Im too lazy but it would make things easier if I knew what picks we had.

If nothing changed in the last day or so this should be it...

round one...1
round two...2
round three...1
round four....1
round five...3
round six...0
round seven...1

yashi
03-15-2010, 11:11 AM

We have:

Our natural 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and 5th round picks.

Plus Atlanta's 2nd and Miami and Carolina's 5th round picks.

DMN
03-15-2010, 11:23 AM
Propose trades.

I'll start.

(A)
We get:
ILB James Laurinitis AND
(pick) #33 overall

We give:
Glenn Dorsey

Absolutely... with Magee being piolis guy there is no way we would not do this trade.

DMN
03-15-2010, 11:27 AM
One more:

Would you do it?

Hmmm this one is a bit tricky... the short of it, If I was drunk then definatley. If only tipsy then I would inquire as to how many other guys had done it... and probably still do it but just wear protection.

70 chiefsfan70
03-15-2010, 11:37 AM
If nothing changed in the last day or so this should be it...

round one...1
round two...2
round three...1
round four....1
round five...3
round six...0
round seven...1

I was wromg on the seventh round:
THERE IS NO SEVENTH ROUND PICK!

texaschief
03-15-2010, 04:05 PM
I don't want to trade Dorsey, but you couldn't walk away from that deal. I'm not sure Dorsey would land us a #33 pick, let alone another player.

Yes, I'd do it..

Dorsey is a former top 5 pick who really came on strong during his 2nd consecutive year at a new position!! He's plenty capable of fetching a pair of 2nd round picks!!

My turn:

A 2nd and a 4th for a franchise LT... yeah, I'd do it.

One more:

Would you do it?

I need to know more about the Cottam injury before I decide anything about the TE position. That being said, a 4th and a 5th is a good price for Olsen.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-15-2010, 04:57 PM
I would say yes to any one of these trades! They're all good deals for us.

Chief Tyler
03-15-2010, 07:46 PM
3rd rounder for Kirk Morrison.

Would you do it?

bwilliams
03-15-2010, 08:34 PM

Would you do it?

I say no. We can draft someone equal to him in the 3rd. Plus, I don't see Davis trading in division.

How about:

Our 2010 2b and a 2011 4th for Shaun Rogers (NT for Cleveland)

yashi
03-15-2010, 08:36 PM
Morrison was tendered with a 3rd, so any team can claim him for that price if he signs an offer sheet.

Coach
03-15-2010, 08:53 PM
How about:

Fo sho! I think he's one of the best NT's in the game. And I think it's the most important position in the 3-4 defense. I'm willing to spend our #5 pick on an unproven like Dan Williams. I'm definitely willing to give a mid 2nd rd pick for a proven one.

Coach
03-15-2010, 10:15 PM
Would you do it?
Giants gets Derrick Johnson
Chiefs gets Giants 2nd rd pick

cjsfw2
03-15-2010, 10:28 PM
Would you do it?

Yep...as much as I like DJ, for whatever reason he's not getting the PT he should be, and the 2nd round is loaded this year.:efpge:

Ryfo18
03-15-2010, 10:35 PM
Would you do it?

I would say yes...my DJ jersey would be worthless to me though.

texaschief
03-16-2010, 12:19 AM
Would you do it?

I'd rather have their late first than their late 2nd.

Coach
03-16-2010, 12:22 AM
I'd rather have their late first than their late 2nd.

So would I, but I don't think Giants fan would. I tihnk a 2nd would get the deal done.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-16-2010, 12:24 AM
Don't the Giants pick around number 15 overall?

chief31
03-16-2010, 03:32 AM
Propose trades.

I'll start.

(A)
We get:
ILB James Laurinitis AND
(pick) #33 overall

We give:
Glenn Dorsey

Yes.

Dorsey won't stay happy in the 3-4 DE role, I don't believe. So may as well make the best of the situation before he can opt to leave, or become a problem within the lockerroom.

However, if I believed that he would be happy in his role, I would not make the deal.

My turn:

It's a tad steeper than I would hope for. But still seems like a fair value.

I do it.

One more:

Would you do it?

Unless the staff is happier with our current TEs than what I believe, I would probably bite on this offer too.

Would you do it?

Yep.

How about:

His age would be a concern. But hard to pass on the opportunity to fill the NT in one easy shot.

Would you do it?

This is the toughest choice I have seen so far.

If I believed that DJ's relationship with the staff was not salvagable, then I would do it.

But I have a feeling that they will be able to work things out.

So, I would pass on this one. But would be fearful that that decision would be a big mistake.

jap1
03-16-2010, 03:22 PM
Here is another one:

B. Waters for an early 3rd round pick.

Not sure yet if I would do it.

Last year we questioned whether we could gat a 3rd because of his supposed locker room problems. After getting Man of the Year, I dont think another team would be worried about him being a locker room cancer.

I would only like this trade if we drafted Bulaga or Okung and moved Albert to LG. Then used one of our 3rd or the 4th round picks to grap a C to develop for a year behind Weigmann/Niswanger. Waters is older and slower, meaning he doesnt quite fit the ideal zone blocking mold. This would give us:

Okung
Albert
Weigmann/Niswanger
Lilja
O'Callaghan

matthewschiefs
03-16-2010, 05:15 PM
Would you do it?

Yes i would. DJ is not a great fit for haley we can get a player that Haley picks and a better fit.

AussieChiefsFan
03-16-2010, 11:57 PM
Would you do it?

Coach
03-17-2010, 08:13 PM
Here is another one:

B. Waters for an early 3rd round pick.
n

For sure. BW only has 1-2 years left in the tank. Get some value while you can. Unfortunately nobody is going to pay that much for a G that can only help their team for 1-2 yrs.

If I had to guess BW's value, I would say 5th-6th round. For that kind of pick, I wouldn't do it.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-18-2010, 02:11 PM
Would you trade:

Dorsey and pick 2a

for

Calvin Johnson

cjsfw2
03-18-2010, 02:23 PM
Would you trade:

Dorsey and pick 2a

for

Calvin Johnson

As awesome as it would be to have Calvin, i just don't think we should give up that much for him at this point in our rebuilding...kind of hard to explain here but lets say we go 8-8 this year and Dorsey doesn't improve much and this offer is still there then I prob do it. But at this point I'd rather give Dorsey another year to develop under a good defensive coordinator and draft a solid prospect with 2a (maybe Golden Tate or A. Benn will drop to us there).

Just my gut feeling.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-18-2010, 02:48 PM
I here you man. I was just thinking, the Lions do want Dorsey, he's better in a 4-3 and most likely Gerald McCoy or Suh would be available to us at #5 if this trade went through. Can you imagine Megatron and Bowe?!

cjsfw2
03-18-2010, 03:33 PM
I here you man. I was just thinking, the Lions do want Dorsey, he's better in a 4-3 and most likely Gerald McCoy or Suh would be available to us at #5 if this trade went through. Can you imagine Megatron and Bowe?!

Very true...Megatron, Bowe, and Chambers would be sick. Not to mention Lance Long, haha. But I feel like if we draft Suh/McCoy it'd be like drafting Dorsey all over again. They're all "can't miss" prospects but still need time to develop. And none of the 3 seem perfect for the 3-4 defense.

Plus if Dorsey does really develop but still doesn't quite fit our scheme next year he'd probably have great trade value for us.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-18-2010, 04:08 PM
Quinten Gaither - giving up too much for not a big upgrade over Albert.

DJ for a 2nd - Absolutely. there will be legit talent that falls to the second round.

Dorsey for a second and laurenaitis - yes.

dorsey and our second for megatron - daaaaaamn that's a tough one. i'd say yes. calvin johnson is going to be one of the premier wide recievers in the league this year. It is a MASSIVE upgrade over Bowe, and is one of the best things we could do for Cassel. Of course, that means that detroit would take okung, leaving suh, mccoy, clausen, berry on the board. washington takes either berry or clausen (would have taken Okung). that leaves us suh, mccoy, and either berry or clausen. We are in a real pickle now. none of those players are right for us. We would have to try and trade down or reach on Bulaga/Campbell/Davis.

How about this one? Dorsey for the 32nd overall pick (saints) and their third?

texaschief
03-18-2010, 05:53 PM

DJ for a 2nd - Absolutely. there will be legit talent that falls to the second round.

dorsey and our second for megatron - daaaaaamn that's a tough one. i'd say yes. calvin johnson is going to be one of the premier wide recievers in the league this year. It is a MASSIVE upgrade over Bowe, and is one of the best things we could do for Cassel. Of course, that means that detroit would take okung, leaving suh, mccoy, clausen, berry on the board. washington takes either berry or clausen (would have taken Okung). that leaves us suh, mccoy, and either berry or clausen. We are in a real pickle now. none of those players are right for us. We would have to try and trade down or reach on Bulaga/Campbell/Davis.

That's basically a 2nd and a 4th. too low

Coach
03-18-2010, 09:27 PM

I think I'd take that deal. At this point, I'm not sure if Dorsey's value warrants a 1st round grade.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-18-2010, 09:52 PM
I wouldn't think twice, Dorsey I like ya, but have a nice career in Detroit! Come on over Megatron!

Coach
03-18-2010, 10:03 PM
Bottom line, Glenn Dorsey and Derrick Johnson are two players that have not lived up to their draft position. We need to trade these players to unlock their value or we need Romeo to work his magic. I think Romeo will do wonders for DJ's career. I'm not so sure about Dorsey's.

Xanathol
03-22-2010, 04:08 PM
Can I play? :P

Situation:

Dorsey, you all know about.

Saints have two LTs, both RFA's. Jamal Brown is a Pro Bowler, but was out last year with an injury. Jermon Bushrod started all last season and the Saints won a Super Bowl with him. One of them will not be happy on the pine, so chances are, one is tradable. Jermon is tendered for a 2nd, Jamal is tendered for a 1st & 3rd ( but could possibly be dealt for less due to the injury last year ).

Trade Questions:

Would you take Jamal Brown for Glenn Dorsey and a swap of 3rd round picks? Straight up no swap?

balto
03-22-2010, 04:22 PM
Could add more to the Lions trade:

Lions get:
Dorsey(DT)
DJ(LB)
Waters(OG)

Chiefs get:
#2(Suh)
Calvin Johnson

Lions/Gunther get the DT that want(Dorsey), add a much needed boost at OG for a few more years with Waters. Gunther also gets his prize LB that fits his system perfectly and is a very big need for the Lions with DJ. They also drop down from #2 to #5 to save a little money on the OT they draft(Like they are trying to do anyways).

Pioli gains a guy thats probably a better fit for his/Crennels 3-4 D in Suh and also a weapon like Calvin to team up with Bowe and Chambers.

matthewschiefs
03-22-2010, 04:38 PM

Lions get:
Dorsey(DT)
DJ(LB)
Waters(OG)

Chiefs get:
#2(Suh)
Calvin Johnson

Lions/Gunther get the DT that want(Dorsey), add a much needed boost at OG for a few more years with Waters. Gunther also gets his prize LB that fits his system perfectly and is a very big need for the Lions with DJ. They also drop down from #2 to #5 to save a little money on the OT they draft(Like they are trying to do anyways).

Pioli gains a guy thats probably a better fit for his/Crennels 3-4 D in Suh and also a weapon like Calvin to team up with Bowe and Chambers.

I don't love it only becuse it would hurt our already lack luster o line. Sure we could fix that in the draft but again you never no what your going to get in a draft pick. I would not hate it but i don't love it.

lucky_lefty
03-22-2010, 05:03 PM

Situation:

Saints have two LTs, both RFA's. Jamal Brown is a Pro Bowler, but was out last year with an injury. Jermon Bushrod started all last season and the Saints won a Super Bowl with him. One of them will not be happy on the pine, so chances are, one is tradable. Jermon is tendered for a 2nd, Jamal is tendered for a 1st & 3rd ( but could possibly be dealt for less due to the injury last year ).

Trade Questions:

Would you take Jamal Brown for Glenn Dorsey and a swap of 3rd round picks? Straight up no swap?

You know what's crazy about this scenario? The year the Chiefs drafted Dorsey, the Saints actually made a offer to trade Brown & the 9th pick for the pick you guys picked Dorsey with. Still wonder why Carl never made that happen.

I'll play along:

Dorsey, 2B draft pick to CHI for Alex Brown & Greg Olsen....???

chief31
03-23-2010, 03:52 AM

Situation:

Trade Questions:

I doubt The Saints would be too terribly interested, as they took Sedrick Ellis in that same draft and he has really done a good job for them.

But, if they were to make that offer, I might have to bite. Primarily because I think we are wasting Dorsey's talent by misusing him.

Lions get:
Dorsey(DT)
DJ(LB)
Waters(OG)

Chiefs get:
#2(Suh)
Calvin Johnson

I don't see Suh as any kind of a fit for the 3-4. As with Dorsey, he'd be a DT forced to play some other position that doesn't make great use of his particular skills.

C.Johnson would be great to have. But I just don't see where the move up in draft position gets us much.

Basically, we give up three pojected starters, and pretty darn good ones, for one starter, and an unwanted change of draft position.

I am out on this deal.

texaschief
03-29-2010, 05:07 PM
I wonder if 2a and a 5th would land Gaithers...

I'd LOVE to land a franchise LT with 2a just like I LOVED the idea of landing a franchise QB with our 2nd round pick last season.

texaschief
04-16-2010, 03:51 PM
On the ESPN rumors today, they mentioned that the Steelers are "intently listening" to trade offers for Big Ben. After their surprising trade of WR Holmes, the Steelers have shown they are willing to trade away the "bad apples."

Pete Carroll is gonna want a good QB. Getting Ben on the cheap would be advantageous for him. The Seattle Seahawks give the Steelers their second round pick which they acquired from San Diego.

The Steelers, now suddenly in need of a QBOTF, decide they want to trade up to get Clausen before the Browns pick and risk having to face him for the next decade.

#5 Overall is worth a point value of 1700.

The Steelers trade:
#18 (900 pts)
#52 (380 pts)
#60 (300 pts)
#82 (180 pts)
(1760 total pts)

Chiefs trade:
#5 (1700 pts)
#136 (38 pts)
2011 6th round pick (est. value 22 pts)
(1760 total est. pts)

That gives us 4 second round picks and 7 in the first 82...

...would you do it?

OPLookn
04-16-2010, 03:55 PM
On the ESPN rumors today, they mentioned that the Steelers are "intently listening" to trade offers for Big Ben. After their surprising trade of WR Holmes, the Steelers have shown they are willing to trade away the "bad apples."

Pete Carroll is gonna want a good QB. Getting Ben on the cheap would be advantageous for him. The Seattle Seahawks give the Steelers their second round pick which they acquired from San Diego.

The Steelers, now suddenly in need of a QBOTF, decide they want to trade up to get Clausen before the Browns pick and risk having to face him for the next decade.

The Steelers trade:
#18 (900 pts)
#52 (380 pts)
#60 (300 pts)
#82 (180 pts)
(1760 total pts)

Chiefs trade:
#5 (1700 pts)
#136 (38 pts)
(1760 total est. pts)

...would you do it?

I like that so much I'd buy that for a dollar and a half!

Bike
04-16-2010, 04:22 PM

The Steelers trade:
#18 (900 pts)
#52 (380 pts)
#60 (300 pts)
#82 (180 pts)
(1760 total pts)

Chiefs trade:
#5 (1700 pts)
#136 (38 pts)
(1760 total est. pts)

...would you do it?Wow. I find it amazing what goes on behind the scenes on the days leading up to draft day and the draft itself. It really takes a lot of mobile brain cells for these GMs to know whats what and who's who. That being said - we need picks and I would do it...
6 more days...

jap1
04-19-2010, 01:00 AM

The Steelers trade:
#18 (900 pts)
#52 (380 pts)
#60 (300 pts)
#82 (180 pts)
(1760 total pts)

Chiefs trade:
#5 (1700 pts)
#136 (38 pts)
(1760 total est. pts)

...would you do it?

I would even do it for less than what you have the steelers offering.

jap1
04-19-2010, 01:01 AM
What do you guys think Brian Water's trade value is, if he has any at all?

stricken721
04-19-2010, 01:02 AM

4th or 5th round at most I think.

matthewschiefs
04-19-2010, 09:22 AM

If a team was realy realy out of there mind wanting him maybe a 3rd rounder. other then that if he gets any intrest at all 4th rounder 5 rounder somewere in there.

Chiefscrazy
04-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I would take a mid round 2nd for DJ w no problem. I am not thrilled w trading Dorsey & would want mid 1st round value for him, the Lions 2010 & 2011 2nds would be ok w me.

Would you guys do this?

#5 & 2011 conditional pick to the Ravens for #25 & OT Jared Gaither

stricken721
04-19-2010, 10:26 PM
I would take a mid round 2nd for DJ w no problem. I am not thrilled w trading Dorsey & would want mid 1st round value for him, the Lions 2010 & 2011 2nds would be ok w me.

Would you guys do this?

#5 & 2011 conditional pick to the Ravens for #25 & OT Jared Gaither

Yep.

stricken721
04-19-2010, 11:33 PM
Now that the Lions have Tony Scheffler (Thank you Josh McDaniels) what would you guys think of giving up pick #68 to the Lions for TE Brandon Pettigrew who was a 1st round pick last year?

Ryfo18
04-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Now that the Lions have Tony Scheffler (Thank you Josh McDaniels) what would you guys think of giving up pick #68 to the Lions for TE Brandon Pettigrew who was a 1st round pick last year?

I'd totally do it, but I don't think the Lions would. Sheffler is pretty much insurance for Pettigrew since he had a major knee injury last year. Look for them to run a ton of 2TE sets though in the upcoming year.

jap1
04-20-2010, 07:11 PM
So here is a trade/draft scenario...

Would you trade B. Waters for a late 4th or 5th rounder this year ...

What about if we were able to draft Okung and move Albert to LG?

Okung, Albert, Weigmann, Lilja, O'Callaghan

What about if Okung was gone and we were able to get Bulaga?

Bulaga, Albert, Weigmann, Lilja, O'Callaghan

With another 4th-5th rounder this year, we could draft someone to become our center when Weigmann gets too old in a couple years (like Eric Olsen-ND, Matt Tenant-BC, Ted Larsen-NC State, John Estes-Hawaii)

Lately I have realized that Waters may have been able to do a decent job last year (which some people even disagree with), but I dont think he has more than 1 more season left in him, if even that. I say we get something for him while he still has any value (if he does have any value).

bwilliams
04-20-2010, 07:18 PM
So here is a trade/draft scenario...

Would you trade B. Waters for a late 4th or 5th rounder this year ...

What about if we were able to draft Okung and move Albert to LG?

Okung, Albert, Weigmann, Lilja, O'Callaghan

What about if Okung was gone and we were able to get Bulaga?

Bulaga, Albert, Weigmann, Lilja, O'Callaghan

With another 4th-5th rounder this year, we could draft someone to become our center when Weigmann gets too old in a couple years (like Eric Olsen-ND, Matt Tenant-BC, Ted Larsen-NC State, John Estes-Hawaii)

Lately I have realized that Waters may have been able to do a decent job last year (which some people even disagree with), but I dont think he has more than 1 more season left in him, if even that. I say we get something for him while he still has any value (if he does have any value).

If we draft Okung at #5, we'll move Albert to RT before we moved him to LG. As much as I like the Weigmann and Lilja signings, neither can be trusted to stay healthy, and I'd be happy with neither being opening day starters. I'd rather have Waters than those two combined.

stricken721
04-20-2010, 10:38 PM
If we draft Okung at #5, we'll move Albert to RT before we moved him to LG. As much as I like the Weigmann and Lilja signings, neither can be trusted to stay healthy, and I'd be happy with neither being opening day starters. I'd rather have Waters than those two combined.

You're right.. Wiegmann has played in every game since 1998 and hasn't missed a start since 2001. Can't trust him to stay healthy.

Apart from 2008 when Lilja missed all of that season he hasn't had many problems with injuries. He started every game in 09 and the same in 07 and once again in 05.