PDA

View Full Version : mount cody

jacko58
03-16-2010, 11:44 PM
just wonderin what everyone thinks about cody. to me hes fat... hes a big fat guy lol but i havent watched him play so idk how big of a impact he is or is he just big? what you guys think

AussieChiefsFan
03-16-2010, 11:54 PM
I haven't heard of him.

g8rb8t
03-17-2010, 12:01 AM
I played HS ball vs him and watched alot of him in the last 2 years at BAMA.

He is your normal big boy in the middle of the line but let his size not get you thinking hes a bad player.

Quick and strong. Find the picture of the FG he blocked VS UT this year. Hes got some ups for a 380+ guy.

DMN
03-17-2010, 12:15 AM
I know he is a big guy... But apparently weighed in just over 350 at the combine. So he is showing he is serious about being in good condition. I wouldn't worry about him in an NFL conditioning system. It would cost him too much money to not meet his agreed playing weight.

AussieChiefsFan
03-17-2010, 12:25 AM
Just looked him up on google and I found a picture of him being weighed before the 2010 senior bowl. A lot of fat rolls I've gotta say............

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/267.jpg

stricken721
03-17-2010, 12:28 AM
I've thought the whole way along that Terrence Cody should be taken with 2a, possibly 2b if the organization is willing to risk waiting that long. Now that we signed Shaun Smith I doubt we take a NT in the 1st round so it would make sense for them to try and draft the long term answer in the 2nd or 3rd round. I say if he is available at 2a and other teams seem interested we should get him because of having the true NT size.

Edit: Some scouts are saying he has dropped some weight so that's a good thing. Considering his size he has great speed, which is a plus.

YouTube- 2009 Terrence Cody highlight.mp4

AussieChiefsFan
03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
I've thought the whole way along that Terrence Cody should be taken with 2a, possibly 2b if the organization is willing to risk waiting that long. Now that we signed Shaun Smith I doubt we take a NT in the 1st round so it would make sense for them to try and draft the long term answer in the 2nd or 3rd round. I say if he is available at 2a and other teams seem interested we should get him because of having the true NT size.

Edit: Some scouts are saying he has dropped some weight so that's a good thing. Considering his size he has great speed, which is a plus.

YouTube- 2009 Terrence Cody highlight.mp4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcdJMpgyEWk)
A lot of fat guys in the NFL are also fit too and are fast.

jacko58
03-17-2010, 12:39 AM
just watched some highlights seems like a kid with a good head on his shoulders not much actualy play from him soo verdicts still out

chief31
03-17-2010, 02:59 AM
I played HS ball vs him and watched alot of him in the last 2 years at BAMA.

He is your normal big boy in the middle of the line but let his size not get you thinking hes a bad player.

Quick and strong. Find the picture of the FG he blocked VS UT this year. Hes got some ups for a 380+ guy.

Not to comment on how good the guy might be, but he didn't leave the ground on the FG block.

pbatrucker
03-17-2010, 03:05 AM
Not to comment on how good the guy might be, but he didn't leave the ground on the FG block.

True, but he did get a big push into the backfield.

chief31
03-17-2010, 03:09 AM
True, but he did get a big push into the backfield.

Definitely. Great play there.

Just commenting on this portion....

Find the picture of the FG he blocked VS UT this year. Hes got some ups for a 380+ guy.

yashi
03-17-2010, 09:07 AM
Cody's biggest problem is that his strength doesn't match his size. He only benched 22 reps at his pro day.

moshak
03-17-2010, 11:34 AM
i dont care if this guy is great or not, frankly after seeing him with his shirt off i dont want him anywhere near the chiefs.
BUT in all seriousness he is just fat and weak,he is going to get pushed around in the nfl. Stay away from this guy.

KottkeKU
03-17-2010, 03:45 PM
i will reserve my judgement until he has been in the league for a few years lol. I think he is a project NT, worthy of our 2b pick. After 2-3 years of an NFL conditioning program, and game exp, he might be a good player. If he can get somewhere around 330-340, i think he can be much more effective.

The signing of Shaun Smith means he and Cody (or another NT) can alternate snaps, atleast until the new NT is good enough to handle 3 downs.

His size is an asset, and makes him tough to move around regardless of how strong he is. Shaun Rogers, the BIG detroit lion, and eventual cleveland brown was around 330-340 or so, and Romeo traded for him when he was in cleveland so i know he likes BIG dudes..

Landing Berry>3-4 rush OLB > T.Cody could really set this defense off and doesn't sound too bad right now :/ But Im not sure Cody will be around for our 2b pick...However, i would still prefer to get Cam Thomas over Cody. Just personal opinion. I do like Cody's attitude and football IQ though, you know he is a quality player coming from Nick Saban's defense....