PDA

View Full Version : I used to like Vermeil

tg1979
03-17-2010, 08:38 AM
Until this... yuck:

"While popular opinion might suggest that Johnson was brought to town to back up Clinton Portis, one of Johnson's former coaches has a bold prediction. "He will take over the running back position," said Dick Vermeil, who coached Johnson in Kansas City from 2003 to '05. "That's what I think. He'll push that guy right out of a job." Reported by the Washington Post (http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2010/03/16/AR2010031601742_pf.html)

The Redskins signed Johnson last week to a three-year contract. Portis, who missed the final eight games last season after suffering a season-ending concussion, returns for his ninth NFL season. He's been the Redskins' starter since joining the team in 2004. Though he's two years older than Portis, Johnson has 755 fewer carries. While the two might begin training camp sharing the workload, Vermeil expects Johnson to open eyes at practice. He says Johnson helped push Priest Holmes, the Chiefs' incumbent running back in Kansas City seven years ago, and Vermeil says he'll push Portis now -- until he surpasses him."

honda522
03-17-2010, 09:10 AM
I fail to see why that makes you mad/

Ryfo18
03-17-2010, 09:17 AM
People also laughed at Vermeil when he called Priest "A poor man's Marshall Faulk." I wouldn't be surprised if LJ does pass Portis. Portis, all be it more classy, has hit the wall arguably even harder than LJ and has been riddled by all sorts of injuries.

tg1979
03-17-2010, 10:08 AM
I fail to see why that makes you mad/

LJ in general just makes me mad, therefore anyone who supports him makes me mad as well, lol. Plus I've always liked Portis for some reason, I'd hate to see him replaced by the likes of Johnson.

moshak
03-17-2010, 11:40 AM
why johnson was a great back for the chiefs for 3 full years. How come no one respects that? So what he left the chiefs get over it, we have a player who hopefully can be as good as he was in jamal charles. nothing last forever. Just wait a couple of more years until jamal charles leaves town and then the cycle of the nfl will just continue spinning.

Canada
03-17-2010, 11:44 AM
why johnson was a great back for the chiefs for 3 full years. How come no one respects that? So what he left the chiefs get over it, we have a player who hopefully can be as good as he was in jamal charles. nothing last forever. Just wait a couple of more years until jamal charles leaves town and then the cycle of the nfl will just continue spinning.

How about because LJ was a douche bag who spit on women, treated his team and fans like sh!t and gave up just after he hosed us for a $45 million contract. Thats why I have absolutely no respect for a piece of sh!t like Larry Johnson.

yashi
03-17-2010, 11:45 AM
Anybody can be great running behind Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann. Charles would have had 4000 yards rushing.

matthewschiefs
03-17-2010, 11:53 AM
I think hes right. Larry is going to want to prove to all of us that he can still do it. When Larry is fired up he can be a good RB I think he will have a good season this year. Its after that the Redskins will regret this signing.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 12:26 PM
How about because LJ was a douche bag who spit on women, treated his team and fans like sh!t and gave up just after he hosed us for a $45 million contract. Thats why I have absolutely no respect for a piece of sh!t like Larry Johnson.
Guess you'll really sh*t when he puts up numbers eh?:D

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 12:27 PM
Anybody can be great running behind Will Shields, Willie Roaf, Brian Waters, Casey Wiegmann. Charles would have had 4000 yards rushing.
Lay off the home grown bud! 4000 yds? :lol:

chief31
03-17-2010, 01:44 PM
I think LJ has a very good chance of becoming a good RB for Washington.

We are all familiar with Shanahan and what his running games look like.

There is little required of the RB but to run through gaping holes. Very similar to what LJ was doing in 2005 with Vermiel still here.

As long as they can find a way to manage his personality, they may well get a good product from him.

Canada
03-17-2010, 01:56 PM
Guess you'll really sh*t when he puts up numbers eh?:D

Whats up with the man crush? I could care less what LJ does, fact is he didnt put up numbers as a Chief and acts like a douche bag so Im glad he's gone. Who are you rooting for, LJ or the Redskins?

Canada
03-17-2010, 01:57 PM
...besides, didn't you keep telling everyone that LJ was still gonna be good for the Chiefs. What happened to that?

yashi
03-17-2010, 01:58 PM
Lay off the home grown bud! 4000 yds? :lol:

I was exaggerating. But he'd be a lock for an easy 2000. :D

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 02:40 PM
Whats up with the man crush? I could care less what LJ does, fact is he didnt put up numbers as a Chief and acts like a douche bag so Im glad he's gone. Who are you rooting for, LJ or the Redskins?
No crush really and certainly not rooting for either. Just a disdane for the way you bad mouthed him while he was here even before any "off field" incedents. You never liked him because you thought he whined too much. I didn't hear much bashing when he was dominating every team they played. You chose not to say much at all as opposed to giving him any credit. No worries though, we're all good.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 02:43 PM
...besides, didn't you keep telling everyone that LJ was still gonna be good for the Chiefs. What happened to that?
It's all about winning and I absolutely believe that if he were still here and they improve the line as they appear to be doing, he would have had another dominating year! 1500+ and 15+ TD's

pbatrucker
03-17-2010, 02:59 PM
I think LJ has a very good chance of becoming a good RB for Washington.

We are all familiar with Shanahan and what his running games look like.

There is little required of the RB but to run through gaping holes. Very similar to what LJ was doing in 2005 with Vermiel still here.

As long as they can find a way to manage his personality, they may well get a good product from him.
The redskins will have to find an OL to open those gaping holes. Their OL was worse than ours last year and their LT retired.

Canada
03-17-2010, 03:24 PM
No crush really and certainly not rooting for either. Just a disdane for the way you bad mouthed him while he was here even before any "off field" incedents. You never liked him because you thought he whined too much. I didn't hear much bashing when he was dominating every team they played. You chose not to say much at all as opposed to giving him any credit. No worries though, we're all good.
\
Im sure most of that is because I was not a member of this site when LJ was producing. I liked LJ, I have his jersey hanging in my garage. It was not until later in his career when he started acting like an As$ that I stopped caring about the guy. You never heard me bashing him ever. I have only ever stated why I didn't like him. If disliking a guy who gave up on his team is bashing, then I guess you could be right.

Ryfo18
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
It's all about winning and I absolutely believe that if he were still here and they improve the line as they appear to be doing, he would have had another dominating year! 1500+ and 15+ TD's

That's a huge reach. I think realistically for the Redskins this year:

270 car. - 1050 yds
9 td's

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
That's a huge reach. I think realistically for the Redskins this year:

270 car. - 1050 yds
9 td's
Read the post again. I wasn't speaking of the numbers he will produce this year.

captainamerica
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM
LJ > Portis. I think LJ will get the starting job as well. Portis and a late round RB will also battle for carries with him though. With that said, Vermeil is still the man!

Canada
03-17-2010, 03:32 PM

I see...get a great O line again and LJ will be good again. How about we keep the better RB (Charles) and just let him be better than LJ no matter what line is in front of him. The big difference being that JC is good and LJ is as good as his O line (Which is sh!t in Was) Makes sense, I think LJ is awesome now too!!

PS I love all you speculation on how he would have been or could have been. How many yards and TDs do you honestly think he will get wish the Skns this year?

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Im sure most of that is because I was not a member of this site when LJ was producing. I liked LJ, I have his jersey hanging in my garage. It was not until later in his career when he started acting like an As$ that I stopped caring about the guy. You never heard me bashing him ever. I have only ever stated why I didn't like him. If disliking a guy who gave up on his team is bashing, then I guess you could be right.
I hear ya. That's why I said you never gave him any credit you just chose to remain silent when he was doing well. Whatever, he's not here anymore. How do you think TJ will do? I personally think he will be getting more carries than Charles.

Canada
03-17-2010, 03:37 PM
I hear ya. That's why I said you never gave him any credit you just chose to remain silent when he was doing well. Whatever, he's not here anymore. How do you think TJ will do? I personally think he will be getting more carries than Charles.

I didn't "choose" to remain silent, I was not a member of ChiefsCrowd at the time.

I think Jones will be fine with slightly more carries that JC. I hope JC gets 15-20 a game and let Jones carry the rest of the load. Im mostly glad that we will have a running game to help Cassel out.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 03:59 PM
I see...get a great O line again and LJ will be good again. How about we keep the better RB (Charles) and just let him be better than LJ no matter what line is in front of him. The big difference being that JC is good and LJ is as good as his O line (Which is sh!t in Was) Makes sense, I think LJ is awesome now too!!

PS I love all you speculation on how he would have been or could have been. How many yards and TDs do you honestly think he will get wish the Skns this year?
God forbid speculation....I mean it's only human nature right? As usual we will have to disagree because I simply don't think JC is the better RB. He could never carry the ball as many times as LJ or many other RB's in the league. Having said that, I am a fan of Charles as I am a Longhorn fan too. Watched him play his entire college career but at 200lbs, he simply won't hold up.

yashi
03-17-2010, 04:04 PM
God forbid speculation....I mean it's only human nature right? As usual we will have to disagree because I simply don't think JC is the better RB. He could never carry the ball as many times as LJ or many other RB's in the league. Having said that, I am a fan of Charles as I am a Longhorn fan too. Watched him play his entire college career but at 200lbs, he simply won't hold up.

I remember you saying that all season, and I'm surprised your opinion still hasn't changed after he had 25+ touches in each of the last 4 games of the season. Granted I don't want him to do that for a full 16 games, but I don't doubt that he can do it.. it would just shorten his career, which is not good.

Canada
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM

You argue things that are never going to happen (if LJ stayed here he would have 1500yards and 15+tds) so that you can say you are right all day, but when I ask you to speculate on someting that will happen (LJs totals for next season) there is no answer. Obviously comparing LJ and Charles is apples and Oranges. LJ is a beast up the middle. Charles is fast and can get the outside way quicker than LJ, catches better than LJ but they are two different types of backs so i wouldn't bother comparing them that way. Charles however bring a much better attitude to the team and the running game improved drastically when Charles replaced LJ. Personally Im glad we kept Charles and dumped LJ and of course picked up Jones. Our running game (and team) is much better off now than we would be had we kept LJ.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
I didn't "choose" to remain silent, I was not a member of ChiefsCrowd at the time.

I think Jones will be fine with slightly more carries that JC. I hope JC gets 15-20 a game and let Jones carry the rest of the load. Im mostly glad that we will have a running game to help Cassel out.
I guess I meant i didn't hear much in 08 when he averaged about 4.5 per.

Canada
03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I guess I meant i didn't hear much in 08 when he averaged about 4.5 per.

For a grand total of 874 yards that year.

Not to mention spitting in a girls face at a bar, that being the 4th time in 5 years he was accused of assaulting women.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 04:17 PM
I remember you saying that all season, and I'm surprised your opinion still hasn't changed after he had 25+ touches in each of the last 4 games of the season. Granted I don't want him to do that for a full 16 games, but I don't doubt that he can do it.. it would just shorten his career, which is not good.
4 games is not a season. This is in fact why they went and got TJ. Charles is simply not built to be an every down back.

honda522
03-17-2010, 04:20 PM
LJ in general just makes me mad, therefore anyone who supports him makes me mad as well, lol. Plus I've always liked Portis for some reason, I'd hate to see him replaced by the likes of Johnson.

Dick ain't supporting him, he is just laying it out how it is. Portis is going to lose his job because of injuries.

I can't stand either back. Portis was a Bronco. Once a donk, always a donk. Except Kennison.

matthewschiefs
03-17-2010, 04:22 PM
4 games is not a season. This is in fact why they went and got TJ. Charles is simply not built to be an every down back.

I dont no if Charles is an every down back either. I think that he could be. He has to prove that he can be for a full season something that he will get his chance to do this season. Something that i am excited to see if he can do.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-17-2010, 04:23 PM
You argue things that are never going to happen (if LJ stayed here he would have 1500yards and 15+tds) so that you can say you are right all day, but when I ask you to speculate on someting that will happen (LJs totals for next season) there is no answer. Obviously comparing LJ and Charles is apples and Oranges. LJ is a beast up the middle. Charles is fast and can get the outside way quicker than LJ, catches better than LJ but they are two different types of backs so i wouldn't bother comparing them that way. Charles however bring a much better attitude to the team and the running game improved drastically when Charles replaced LJ. Personally Im glad we kept Charles and dumped LJ and of course picked up Jones. Our running game (and team) is much better off now than we would be had we kept LJ.
Dude this is where you are sooooo of base! I'm not arguing. I'm simply voicing my opinion. As I said, speculation is part of every human beings life. Period! I guess I missed your question but just found it. I'm not really sure what he will do this season. I guess it depends on Portis' health. He will probably start the season as the back up. Tough to "speculate" on a players 1st season with a new team no matter what the position but I'km guessing he will get 500-600 yds with 4 or 5 TD's as a back up.

Vandelay
03-17-2010, 05:52 PM
LJ is an a$$.

honda522
03-17-2010, 06:59 PM
LJ is an a$$.
:bananen_smilies046: Since we came to the conclusion, this thread is now usless. :efpge: :toast2:

tornadospotter
03-17-2010, 07:20 PM
:sign0087::beat_DeadHorse::sign0023:

Chiefster
03-18-2010, 03:03 AM
I would suggest that Vermeil knows LJ as well or better then any other coach that coached him, and may well be correct; just as he was correct in his assessment that LJ needed to take off his diapers and put on big boy undies; something he has yet to do IMO. So, having thus said I, also, believe that LJ will more then likely wear out his welcome no matter where he goes.

Chiefster
03-18-2010, 03:09 AM
Dick ain't supporting him, he is just laying it out how it is. Portis is going to lose his job because of injuries.

I can't stand either back. Portis was a Bronco. Once a donk, always a donk. Except Kennison.

:lol:

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 03:39 AM
Read the post again. I wasn't speaking of the numbers he will produce this year.

Still, no. He wouldn't touch 15 tds if it had 100 millin attached to it. His best years are past him. His last good year was 4 years ago. I haven't looked up the stats, and I'm a stat guy--name me one guy that has had 15 tds and 1500 yards over 30 yrs old. Unheard of? I thought so.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 03:46 AM
Dude this is where you are sooooo of base! I'm not arguing. I'm simply voicing my opinion. As I said, speculation is part of every human beings life. Period! I guess I missed your question but just found it. I'm not really sure what he will do this season. I guess it depends on Portis' health. He will probably start the season as the back up. Tough to "speculate" on a players 1st season with a new team no matter what the position but I'km guessing he will get 500-600 yds with 4 or 5 TD's as a back up.

So behind our line he would have 1000 more yards and 10 more tds? You're blind fellow Chiefs fan. Now your arguments that the left side of our line is the weakest, as you've posted in every other thread, are meaningless. I've never agreed, and your latest sentiments show us all how off base you are.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 11:07 AM
So behind our line he would have 1000 more yards and 10 more tds? You're blind fellow Chiefs fan. Now your arguments that the left side of our line is the weakest, as you've posted in every other thread, are meaningless. I've never agreed, and your latest sentiments show us all how off base you are.
Your out of your mind if you think the right side of the line was worse than the left! MANY on here have agreed that Waters and Albert had TERRIBLE years last year. Now there is talk of moving Albert to the right side of the line. Is that because he was so good on the left? Sack after sack from the left, penalties like crazy from the left etc.. You'll find out quickly that I do not wear the rosy glasses like most around hear. I say what I think, good or bad for our team. I as everyone want our team to win and that is all that matters but I will not sugar coat the BS that has taken place for the last several years. I did not jump on the wagon with most predicting 6,,7,8 wins the last few years. I was begging for 4 wins. Got em last year, didn't the year before. I've been watchin Chiefs games for 37 years and have been to more than a lot on this site. I am a fan through and through so to say I'm off base makes me laugh, from a newb none the less! Quit with the "thought so" remarks and such and we will get along fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how much someone disagree's with it. The sooner you figure that out the better off you will be here on the Crowd.:chiefs:

tg1979
03-18-2010, 11:17 AM
WOW! Didn't think I'd get this kind of reaction from this thread, lol. Sorry for opening that can of worms guys!

I'm a stat guy--name me one guy that has had 15 tds and 1500 yards over 30 yrs old. Unheard of? I thought so.

Our boy TJ almost did it this year though
1402 + 14 TDs! :D

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 11:21 AM
WOW! Didn't think I'd get this kind of reaction from this thread, lol. Sorry for opening that can of worms guys!

LOL...damn, you beat me to it!!! :yahoo:

yashi
03-18-2010, 11:27 AM
Also... Tiki Barber had 1860 yards as a 30 year old RB. He actually had his best seasons after 30.

lucky_lefty
03-18-2010, 11:48 AM
People also laughed at Vermeil when he called Priest "A poor man's Marshall Faulk." I wouldn't be surprised if LJ does pass Portis. Portis, all be it more classy, has hit the wall arguably even harder than LJ and has been riddled by all sorts of injuries.

So being classy means going behind the HCs back and straight to the owner over playing time and the plays being called or basically being called out by most of his teammates the past 2 seasons for his Allen Iverson-esqe approach to practice and game time performance or going on radio and throwing his QB under the bus...Yea, real classy dude.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 11:59 AM
Uh Oh Ryfo, there comin outta the woodwork!! LOL. Wonder what went wrong with Tiki? He was great then just outta know where was terrible! Don't think the age was the biggest factor just not sure what it was. Maybe the conflict with management had a bit to do with it.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 12:19 PM
Your out of your mind if you think the right side of the line was worse than the left! MANY on here have agreed that Waters and Albert had TERRIBLE years last year. Now there is talk of moving Albert to the right side of the line. Is that because he was so good on the left? Sack after sack from the left, penalties like crazy from the left etc.. You'll find out quickly that I do not wear the rosy glasses like most around hear. I say what I think, good or bad for our team. I as everyone want our team to win and that is all that matters but I will not sugar coat the BS that has taken place for the last several years. I did not jump on the wagon with most predicting 6,,7,8 wins the last few years. I was begging for 4 wins. Got em last year, didn't the year before. I've been watchin Chiefs games for 37 years and have been to more than a lot on this site. I am a fan through and through so to say I'm off base makes me laugh, from a newb none the less! Quit with the "thought so" remarks and such and we will get along fine. Everyone is entitled to their opinion no matter how much someone disagree's with it. The sooner you figure that out the better off you will be here on the Crowd.:chiefs:

Ok, I'm going to agree with you that the right side of the line is better. I was more trying to point out how ridiculous it was to say LJ would have 1500 yards and 15 TDs behind our line, but 1000 yards less and 10 less TDs behind the Redskins line. That, and a had a few too many :toast2: for St. Patty's day. So sorry for the personal attack, completely wrong by me.

As for me being a newb, I joined in September, 2008 as you can see--one month after you. Was August the cutoff to not be a newb? Haha, I'm mostly kidding.

BTW, I got some family in Scottsdale, love that area.

Also... Tiki Barber had 1860 yards as a 30 year old RB. He actually had his best seasons after 30.

Fair enough, still not 15 TDs.

Almost there...

So being classy means going behind the HCs back and straight to the owner over playing time and the plays being called or basically being called out by most of his teammates the past 2 seasons for his Allen Iverson-esqe approach to practice and game time performance or going on radio and throwing his QB under the bus...Yea, real classy dude.

You bolded what I said, yet still posted this...I said more classy. Not that difficult of a task when LJ is your competition.

Uh Oh Ryfo, there comin outta the woodwork!! LOL. Wonder what went wrong with Tiki? He was great then just outta know where was terrible! Don't think the age was the biggest factor just not sure what it was. Maybe the conflict with management had a bit to do with it.

Tiki was smart to retire before he hit wall. Granted, he didn't get some cash, but he probably didn't want to completely wreck his body. He missed out on a SB ring by 1 year though!

chief31
03-18-2010, 12:37 PM
I absolutely believe that if he were still here and they improve the line as they appear to be doing, he would have had another dominating year! 1500+ and 15+ TD's

Still, no. He wouldn't touch 15 tds if it had 100 millin attached to it. His best years are past him. His last good year was 4 years ago. I haven't looked up the stats, and I'm a stat guy--name me one guy that has had 15 tds and 1500 yards over 30 yrs old. Unheard of? I thought so.

I went back as far as 1965 where, even the great Jim Brown was age 29 when he last accomplished those stats in a single season.

Since then, (Brown only managed those stats twice in his career.) It has only happened 19 times by any age player, and not once by a player age 30 or more.

OJ Simpson 1975
Earl Campbell 1979
Eric Dickerson 1983
Barry Sanders 1991
Emmit Smith 1995 & 1992
Terrell Davis 1998 & 1997
Clinton Portis 2002
Ricky Williams 2002
Priest Holmes 2002
Ahman Green 2003
Shaun Alexander 2005 & 2004
Larry Johnson 2006 & 2005
Ladanian Tomlinson 2006
Michael Turner 2008
Deangelo Williams 2008

Some have come close at age 30+. And some have done at almost age 30. (Priest) But noone has done that yet.

DH is a pretty emotional guy when it comes to the topic of The Chiefs. And he has long been a backer of LJ, through thick and thin. (very thin at times.)

Pretty understandable though, as he actually got the opportunity to sit and chat with LJ a few years back and came away impressed with the manner in which LJ handled himself and the conversation with DH.

When you meet a player who has had the kind of success that LJ had in his early years, and earns your respect with a classy personality, you tend to always see the better side of a guy, even when things aren't going so well for him.

My guess is that DH likely exaggerated a bit with his estimate of 1500+ yards and 15+ TDs.

And, while that can not be ruled out as being impossible, I think we can all agree that it would be nothing short of astronomical, seeing as how it has not been done once over the past 45 years.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 12:45 PM
:postpimp4ib:

Great post, thanks for looking all that up (I would rep you 100 times if I could).

I don't hate anyone on here, but I don't mind engaging in a little candor with my fellow Chiefs fans.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 12:51 PM
I went back as far as 1965 where, even the great Jim Brown was age 29 when he last accomplished those stats in a single season.

Since then, (Brown only managed those stats twice in his career.) It has only happened 19 times by any age player, and not once by a player age 30 or more.

OJ Simpson 1975
Earl Campbell 1979
Eric Dickerson 1983
Barry Sanders 1991
Emmit Smith 1995 & 1992
Terrell Davis 1998 & 1997
Clinton Portis 2002
Ricky Williams 2002
Priest Holmes 2002
Ahman Green 2003
Shaun Alexander 2005 & 2004
Larry Johnson 2006 & 2005
Ladanian Tomlinson 2006
Michael Turner 2008
Deangelo Williams 2008

Some have come close at age 30+. And some have done at almost age 30. (Priest) But noone has done that yet.

DH is a pretty emotional guy when it comes to the topic of The Chiefs. And he has long been a backer of LJ, through thick and thin. (very thin at times.)

Pretty understandable though, as he actually got the opportunity to sit and chat with LJ a few years back and came away impressed with the manner in which LJ handled himself and the conversation with DH.

When you meet a player who has had the kind of success that LJ had in his early years, and earns your respect with a classy personality, you tend to always see the better side of a guy, even when things aren't going so well for him.

My guess is that DH likely exaggerated a bit with his estimate of 1500+ yards and 15+ TDs.

And, while that can not be ruled out as being impossible, I think we can all agree that it would be nothing short of astronomical, seeing as how it has not been done once over the past 45 years.
You sir, are correct on most accounts in this post! Kudos!!! There was a bit of exxageration there and it was more of just a statement to say if given the number of carries he liked, I believe he would be a top 10 RB. You are also correct on your assumption that I may see the better side because of my interaction with him. As for the Chiefs, I believe the team is better off without him and he is better off without the Chiefs. Addition by subtraction for both parties.

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 12:58 PM
Ok, I'm going to agree with you that the right side of the line is better. I was more trying to point out how ridiculous it was to say LJ would have 1500 yards and 15 TDs behind our line, but 1000 yards less and 10 less TDs behind the Redskins line. That, and a had a few too many :toast2: for St. Patty's day. So sorry for the personal attack, completely wrong by me.

As for me being a newb, I joined in September, 2008 as you can see--one month after you. Was August the cutoff to not be a newb? Haha, I'm mostly kidding.

BTW, I got some family in Scottsdale, love that area.

Fair enough, still not 15 TDs.

Almost there...

You bolded what I said, yet still posted this...I said more classy. Not that difficult of a task when LJ is your competition.

Tiki was smart to retire before he hit wall. Granted, he didn't get some cash, but he probably didn't want to completely wreck his body. He missed out on a SB ring by 1 year though!
No worries at all bud! We all like a little competetive banter, some more than most!! LOL! I have been a member for a couple of years now but lost my hard drive and had to have my stuff reset, that's why it reads that I have only been a member for a short period of time. Nice to have you aboard and I look forward to mixin it up a little with you. I usually go against what most say since a lot of people only want to hear and believe the good stuff.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 01:12 PM
No worries at all bud! We all like a little competetive banter, some more than most!! LOL! I have been a member for a couple of years now but lost my hard drive and had to have my stuff reset, that's why it reads that I have only been a member for a short period of time. Nice to have you aboard and I look forward to mixin it up a little with you. I usually go against what most say since a lot of people only want to hear and believe the good stuff.

Makes sense now...I was like :sign0094:?

I tend to be the same way, tell it how I see it, and a lot of the time it's not what fellow fans want to hear.

Canada
03-18-2010, 02:51 PM
DH argues with everybody!!

chief31
03-18-2010, 04:07 PM

That's another way of putting it. But then, so do I.:meow:

Canada
03-18-2010, 04:48 PM

That's another way of putting it. But then, so do I.:meow:
Good thing I stay neutral!! :sFl_canada2:

Drunker Hillbilly
03-18-2010, 06:30 PM
:lol: Pot...meet kettle!:mooning:

Canada
03-18-2010, 06:53 PM
:lol: Pot...meet kettle!:mooning:

Can I be pot? :SmokinBanana:

stricken721
03-18-2010, 08:53 PM

:lol: :sign0087:

chief31
03-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Don't get used to this guys. This behaviour is a total anomaly.

Next time you see me, Canada, and DH all in the same discussion, there may well be bloodshed.

Or at least some ill-used :beat_DeadHorse: smilies.

Chiefster
03-19-2010, 06:53 AM

HA!!! :lol:

matthewschiefs
03-19-2010, 12:05 PM
Don't get used to this guys. This behaviour is a total anomaly.

Next time you see me, Canada, and DH all in the same discussion, there may well be bloodshed.

Or at least some ill-used :beat_DeadHorse: smilies.

OH boy I love bloodshed Cant wait:D