PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs take Dan Williams to dinner

fairladyZ
03-17-2010, 11:49 PM
From NFL coverage of tenn. pro day

"Williams said he had dinner Tuesday night with Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel."

honda522
03-17-2010, 11:53 PM
We have had better luck drafting a DL in late rounds rather in the first round.

Please don't get a DL in the first few rounds.

fairladyZ
03-17-2010, 11:57 PM
Although i do really like dan williams
right now i'm hoping our draft goes.

Eric Berry
Kyle Wilson CB/PR (long shot but i hope he falls to us by some miracle)
Cam Thomas NT
OL or WR or LB

kylebigmac09
03-18-2010, 12:44 AM
I want him more than Berry

pbatrucker
03-18-2010, 02:58 AM
Don't read anything into Williams having dinner with Crennel. The Chiefs also had dinner with McClain at the Alabama pro day. If they are going to be at a pro day and spend the night, why not spend as much time with a player of interest as possible.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 03:50 AM
Ill take Dan Williams as much as I will Berry. IMO, both are upgrades to what we have now. Obviously, there's a plus if we can trade down and get Williams. I posters about a month ago that the Chiefs will take Williams, and I'm sticking to my guns.

Chiefster
03-18-2010, 03:57 AM
Ill take Dan Williams as much as I will Berry. IMO, both are upgrades to what we have now. Obviously, there's a plus if we can trade down and get Williams. I posters about a month ago that the Chiefs will take Williams, and I'm sticking to my guns.

Please check all firearms at the entrance. This is a "gun free" facility. :D

Seek
03-18-2010, 09:44 AM
I am personaly sick and tired of drafting D line with our first pick. Sick of it. We have drafted so many sure thing that are no bodies. Stop drafting D line with our first.

bwilliams
03-18-2010, 10:50 AM
I am personaly sick and tired of drafting D line with our first pick. Sick of it. We have drafted so many sure thing that are no bodies. Stop drafting D line with our first.

I know what you mean. If the Chiefs are able to trade down (not impossible, especially if the Skins don't draft Clausen), I could see using the 1st on Williams. Otherwise, I want a guy with no learning curve and unlimited upside like Berry over a 2-3 year project like Williams (not a knock on him, but all NTs are 2-3 year projects).

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 11:02 AM

YouTube- Say Hello To My Little Friend

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 11:03 AM

I don't care what position is drafted...Anywhere we can improve is fine with me.

Seek
03-18-2010, 04:12 PM
I don't care what position is drafted...Anywhere we can improve is fine with me.

John Browning, Jr. Siavii, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Tank Tyler, Turk McBride, ??? on Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.

Only Tamba Hali has been proved he is worth it and he is actually an OLB now..

Stay away from the D line. I don't care how good they are supposed to be. Our team is in shambles because of the failed attempts to draft D Line...

endzonewillie
03-18-2010, 05:41 PM
John Browning, Jr. Siavii, Ryan Sims, Eddie Freeman, Tank Tyler, Turk McBride, ??? on Glenn Dorsey and Tyson Jackson.

Only Tamba Hali has been proved he is worth it and he is actually an OLB now..

Stay away from the D line. I don't care how good they are supposed to be. Our team is in shambles because of the failed attempts to draft D Line...
Keep in mind that the only DL pick of the current administration is Tyson Jackson and I think he is better than all the rest of the men you named combined other than Tamba Hali. I won't say his name but The King drafted 9 players to find 2 good ones then traded one of them to Minnesota that got the Chiefs a Olineman with yet another DL. Pioli will get it right in much less tries.

Coach
03-18-2010, 09:34 PM
Keep in mind that the only DL pick of the current administration is Tyson Jackson and I think he is better than all the rest of the men you named combined other than Tamba Hali. I won't say his name but The King drafted 9 players to find 2 good ones then traded one of them to Minnesota that got the Chiefs a Olineman with yet another DL. Pioli will get it right in much less tries.

Getting the best NT in the draft would not bother me at all. I think it's probably the Chiefs biggest position of need. I also think it is the position where the talent level falls off very quickly in this draft. The difference between Dan Williams and Terrence Cody is big in my mind. Why hope the 2nd best NT falls to us, when we can take the best NT and fill our biggest need.

I also think LB is a huge need. I would not be shocked to see us go LB in the 1st round either. I think there will be plenty of good safeties left in the 2nd round.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 10:31 PM
Getting the best NT in the draft would not bother me at all. I think it's probably the Chiefs biggest position of need. I also think it is the position where the talent level falls off very quickly in this draft. The difference between Dan Williams and Terrence Cody is big in my mind. Why hope the 2nd best NT falls to us, when we can take the best NT and fill our biggest need.

I also think LB is a huge need. I would not be shocked to see us go LB in the 1st round either. I think there will be plenty of good safeties left in the 2nd round.

Agreed on a NT.

Seek
03-19-2010, 02:56 PM

Your opinion of Jacksin is much higher than mine. I am giving him a pass being a rooking an all, but so far... He files right in line with the others.

endzonewillie
03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Your opinion of Jacksin is much higher than mine. I am giving him a pass being a rooking an all, but so far... He files right in line with the others.
Like you said he was a rookie. His ability will get higher as he gets experience as well as help. If we did take Dan Williams I wouldn't be upset about it but , if we end up with Berry I wouldn't be upset either. Both players would fill a need of the team and who is to say that those two men are the gold we need? They could both end up busts as well. Playing at a superman level in college is not the same as playing in the NFL. I am very excited about the team and the moves they have made to date since Scott Pioli has become GM.

jtandcrew
03-20-2010, 01:06 AM
Jackson was a rookie and Dorsey was in a new system. I think Dorsey will have a make or break year. I also think Jackson will improve being 2nd year in system. Only wild card is? How much is Crennel going to change the defense? I know the components of the system is still there but a change is a change. I would give either of the guys a pass on this year also. That being said? I dont really have a preference either way between Berry or Williams.

Ryfo18
03-20-2010, 03:23 AM
From NFL coverage of tenn. pro day

"Williams said he had dinner Tuesday night with Chiefs defensive coordinator Romeo Crennel."

I can only imagine what the bill was...Weis, Crennel, and a 320+ lb. linemen. We won't even be able to sign our first rounder now...

Seek
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Jackson was a rookie and Dorsey was in a new system. I think Dorsey will have a make or break year. I also think Jackson will improve being 2nd year in system. Only wild card is? How much is Crennel going to change the defense? I know the components of the system is still there but a change is a change. I would give either of the guys a pass on this year also. That being said? I dont really have a preference either way between Berry or Williams.

I have always assumed that every player we drafted would get better the following year, but historically at the D line position. I have grown to become skeptical. Some experts have Dan Williams going in round 2, but fans think he is a round one pick because he is the best NT. I hate reaching for players. The team needs to draft the best player on the board. I would be upset if we drafted Williams with our 5th overall.

In my opinion Ron Edwards was no the problem. The Chiefs addressed depth this year. NT is not the highest need at this time and should not reach on this poistion.

Xanathol
03-22-2010, 04:00 PM
I am admittedly a passing KC fan by proxy and a Saints fan at heart, buy this is how I think ya'lls draft may turn out in the mocks I've simulated:

1. FS Eric Berry
2a. NT Terrence Cody
2b. ILB Jamar Chaney
3. OLB Ricky Sapp

Now I know I have no OT in there, but I have to be honest with you, as a native of Louisiana, a purple & gold bleeder of LSU, a Saints fan, and a Dorsey follower, I hope for a trade with you guys involving Jamal Brown for Glenn Dorsey. I think that would be a win-win situation, giving you guys a probowl LT ( Saints won a SB with Bushrod, so he's 'good enough' in my books ) and getting Glenn to LA to pair with Ellis on the line. I think its easier to find a 3-4 DE these days than to find a LT, FS, or LB.

Anyhow, just my 2 cents - hope the draft works out well for you all!

slimdagreat
03-22-2010, 04:34 PM
Although i do really like dan williams
right now i'm hoping our draft goes.

Eric Berry
Kyle Wilson CB/PR (long shot but i hope he falls to us by some miracle)
Cam Thomas NT
OL or WR or LB

That's very possible. Wilson has been impressing folks, so he might not make it out of the 1st. Thomas could very well fall to us though.

Canada
03-23-2010, 11:01 PM

How come Im allowed to have my arms in here then!! Welcome to the Gun Show, let me know if u want directions to the beach!!

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/forums/images/imported/2010/03/286.jpg