PDA

View Full Version : OH my god! A compliment from Whitlock!

pbatrucker
03-18-2010, 09:22 AM
Chiefs' offseason moves are impressive - KansasCity.com (http://www.kansascity.com/2010/03/17/1820023/whitlock-chiefs-offseason-moves.html)
I believe this is the first positive thing Whitlock has written about the Chiefs since CP left.

yashi
03-18-2010, 09:34 AM
My god... people in the national media picking us as sleepers, and now Whitlock praising moves made by Pioli. Something's happening here. Could we actually be in line for a good season next year?

honda522
03-18-2010, 09:42 AM
Certainly that wasn't Witlock writing that.

pbatrucker
03-18-2010, 09:50 AM
Hopefully he won't put a curse on us.

OPLookn
03-18-2010, 10:17 AM
I kept waiting for a psyche!!! I'm just kidding and then have him bash the Chiefs, someone on the team or one of the coaches. I don't know WHO wrote that but it wasn't Whitlock.

bwilliams
03-18-2010, 10:47 AM
It's called hedging his bets. If the Chiefs do badly this year, he can gleefully write all of the terrible things he's been writing. If the Chiefs do well, he can pretend that he was convinced by this offseason and write glowingly.

Either way, he's just going to keep writing articles designed to rile people up.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 11:08 AM
I like Whitlock and his writing. There's always a place for controversial writers like him. You just can't take him too seriously. Great article though!

whatwasthat?
03-18-2010, 11:46 AM
i wouldnt consider him controversial

id consider him dumb

half of the stuff he writes is a page or two of rants and stupidity

yashi
03-18-2010, 11:54 AM
I'm not a big Whitlock hater, personally. The purpose of his writing is to draw attention to it, so in that sense he's good at what he does. He makes KC fans angry, and that's why they keep coming back for more.

Ryfo18
03-18-2010, 12:07 PM
I'm not a big Whitlock hater, personally. The purpose of his writing is to draw attention to it, so in that sense he's good at what he does. He makes KC fans angry, and that's why they keep coming back for more.

Yep. I also liked his other article about the Jayhawks getting screwed in their bracket.

chief31
03-18-2010, 12:42 PM
I seem to see where he shares some positive viewpoints in almost every piece I have read from him.

But, if you express a dislike for what you are seeing then all that seems to get noticed is your negativity.

If the overall statement that you are making is a negative, then you didn't say a single positive word.

I don't go looking for his writing. But when I see it, usually presented as pure evil, I don't see it nearly as one-sided as many others tend to.

Coach
03-18-2010, 10:59 PM
I'm shocked. Don't know what else to say. A positive comment.

70 chiefsfan70
03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
:kc: I'm sure he didn't mean to, lets not hold it against him.

matthewschiefs
03-20-2010, 02:58 PM
Even when he is being pro Pioli and Haley you get the sense he did't want to. Oh well if he is haveing to be postive about the Chiefs I think thats a good thing. GO CHIEFS!

Chiefster
03-20-2010, 09:19 PM
Someone, quick, check the temperature in hades. :lol:

Chiefster
03-20-2010, 09:22 PM
I seem to see where he shares some positive viewpoints in almost every piece I have read from him.

But, if you express a dislike for what you are seeing then all that seems to get noticed is your negativity.

If the overall statement that you are making is a negative, then you didn't say a single positive word.

I don't go looking for his writing. But when I see it, usually presented as pure evil, I don't see it nearly as one-sided as many others tend to.

See now you're just poo pooin all over our Fatlock hate! Stop it! :11: :D

SalinaChiefsFan
03-20-2010, 11:05 PM
I'm still suprised after all these years that more people don't see Whitlock for what he is. He writes a column, pushes buttons, stirs the pot. That's his bit.