PDA

View Full Version : 9/11/2001

Guru
09-11-2007, 01:59 AM
http://bp3.blogger.com/_tJJg1TcNgLA/RuYf_-tg4AI/AAAAAAAAAN8/FVHuiivevBo/s1600/9-11%2Bcross.jpg

Never forget.

Chiefster
09-11-2007, 02:43 AM
NEVER! Saddest day in all my 44 years on this earth!

Sweets
09-12-2007, 12:05 AM
http://www.colossusblog.com/mt/archives/images/thatday_1.jpg

royalswin100games
09-12-2007, 12:12 AM
God bless the families of the fallen

m0ef0e
09-12-2007, 07:52 PM
That day will forever live in crystal clarity in my memory. I remember every detail. It's sad how quickly America went from being so united and patriotic to fighting amongst ourselves again over wealth and political power. It's only been a few years but the radical change in popular viewpoint since makes it seem more like decades at times. I guess that's what we get for letting the WWE raise many of our children: The attention span and perseverance of a dry leaf. Nobody should ever forget this day, nor how it made them feel. It was a tragedy that forever changed the lives of billions across the globe.

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 08:28 PM
That day will forever live in crystal clarity in my memory. I remember every detail. It's sad how quickly America went from being so united and patriotic to fighting amongst ourselves again over wealth and political power. It's only been a few years but the radical change in popular viewpoint since makes it seem more like decades at times. I guess that's what we get for letting the WWE raise many of our children: The attention span and perseverance of a dry leaf. Nobody should ever forget this day, nor how it made them feel. It was a tragedy that forever changed the lives of billions across the globe.

That is a very sad reality, but reality all the same. And the Nickelodeon generation coming up is going to be even worse.

Canada
09-12-2007, 10:15 PM
I was listening to a talk radio show today that interviewed a bunch of people at a club and more people knew the names of Brad pitt and Angelina Jolies kids than people who knew what year 9/11 was. That makes me sick.

Chiefster
09-12-2007, 10:41 PM
I was listening to a talk radio show today that interviewed a bunch of people at a club and more people knew the names of Brad pitt and Angelina Jolies kids than people who knew what year 9/11 was. That makes me sick.

Truly, truly sad!

rbedgood
09-12-2007, 10:49 PM

Sounds like Leno's "JayWalking" , I love when he takes a picture of someone important in current and asks the random idiots on the street who is in the picture.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 12:33 PM
That is a very sad reality, but reality all the same. And the Nickelodeon generation coming up is going to be even worse.

Unfortunately so.

Yes, me too.

royalswin100games
09-13-2007, 12:49 PM
Unfortunately so.

Yes, me too.

Not to take the soapbox too long but those are the same people that are oblivious to what my brothers-in-arms are doing in the sandbox. It makes me sick. I've seen guys that were terribly injured there and when I run into ignorant people that don't know what's happening over there I just want to tell them to take a tour in the sandbox. Maybe it would force some reality into their heads.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 01:03 PM
Not to take the soapbox too long but those are the same people that are oblivious to what my brothers-in-arms are doing in the sandbox. It makes me sick. I've seen guys that were terribly injured there and when I run into ignorant people that don't know what's happening over there I just want to tell them to take a tour in the sandbox. Maybe it would force some reality into their heads.

Absolutely man, I have a lot of friends/family who are currently serving or have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. These stupid people don't even realize that if it wasn't for those who have served, they wouldn't be able to so blissfully wallow in their ignorance-- much like the French. We saved their asses from becoming part of Germany and now they just want to hate us and spit on Americans when they see them. I'm not saying everybody opposed to the war is one of these promiscuous, baal-worshipping, heathens but a lot of these people try to sound smart by repeating a someone else's opinion as fact without ever making an informed decision for themselves. If you know more about the stories in the Enquirer and Entertainment Weekly than the issues that can one day have an effect on you or your kids' daily life, then you have no business telling anybody what their foreign policy should be or how to conduct a war.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 01:18 PM
Absolutely man, I have a lot of friends/family who are currently serving or have served in Iraq and Afghanistan. These stupid people don't even realize that if it wasn't for those who have served, they wouldn't be able to so blissfully wallow in their ignorance-- much like the French. We saved their asses from becoming part of Germany and now they just want to hate us and spit on Americans when they see them. I'm not saying everybody opposed to the war is one of these promiscuous, baal-worshipping, heathens but a lot of these people try to sound smart by repeating a someone else's opinion as fact without ever making an informed decision for themselves. If you know more about the stories in the Enquirer and Entertainment Weekly than the issues that can one day have an effect on you or your kids' daily life, then you have no business telling anybody what their foreign policy should be or how to conduct a war.

Regardless of ones opinion of the war itself or the political machine driving it, there should never, EVER be anything but support for our troops in the field; placing themselves in harms way so we (John/Jane Q public) don't have to.

rbedgood
09-13-2007, 01:26 PM
Regardless of ones opinion of the war itself or the political machine driving it, there should never, EVER be anything but support for our troops in the field; placing themselves in harms way so we (John/Jane Q public) don't have to.

Amen, brother...I think we can all agree that we want the best for our country and our soldiers. We may have different viewpoints on how to get there, but the troops who are out there fighting for our country deserve our prayers, best wishes, and support.

m0ef0e
09-13-2007, 01:28 PM

Amen, brother...I think we can all agree that we want the best for our country and our soldiers. We may have different viewpoints on how to get there, but the troops who are out there fighting for our country deserve our prayers, best wishes, and support.

Well said, guys. Damn right and spot on!

royalswin100games
09-13-2007, 01:32 PM
Well said, guys. Damn right and spot on!

Yes thanks. I know we all appreciate the support.

Chiefster
09-13-2007, 01:36 PM

Absolutely!

Yes thanks. I know we all appreciate the support.

You got it my friend!