PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs working out a Punter?

honda522
03-19-2010, 10:48 PM
Why Are The Chiefs Working Out A Punter? - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/18/1380178/why-are-the-chiefs-working-out-a)

Seriously?

endzonewillie
03-19-2010, 10:57 PM
Why Are The Chiefs Working Out A Punter? - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/18/1380178/why-are-the-chiefs-working-out-a)

Seriously?
The game is called football. Kicking the ball is a very important part of the game. Look at the difference drafting a fg kicker made.

matthewschiefs
03-19-2010, 11:03 PM
Maybe they are looking for a guy who they can bring in should D C get hurt in the season thats about all i can think of as to why they look into a punter.

honda522
03-19-2010, 11:22 PM
The game is called football. Kicking the ball is a very important part of the game. Look at the difference drafting a fg kicker made.
Watch Chiefs much?

We have Colquitt, the best Punter in the NFL. Ok, the Raiders punter might be just a tad better, but that because Al Davis drafted the best punters and kickers before his worthless QB.

hometeam
03-19-2010, 11:25 PM

Friend, our punter is the best player on our team 3 years runnin.

Connie Jo
03-19-2010, 11:28 PM
Watch Chiefs much?

We have Colquitt, the best Punter in the NFL. Ok, the Raiders punter might be just a tad better, but that because Al Davis drafted the best punters and kickers before his worthless QB.

That's what I thought when I read the title...what about Colquitt? Surely the Chiefs aren't thinking about trading Colquitt? Maybe they're just looking at a 2nd stringer in case Colquitt get's injured?

Chief Tyler
03-19-2010, 11:49 PM
That's what I thought when I read the title...what about Colquitt? Surely the Chiefs aren't thinking about trading Colquitt? Maybe they're just looking at a 2nd stringer in case Colquitt get's injured?

Maybe they just see a talented punter over at Michigan. Colquitt may be solid, but when you do something at the highest level you're going to have a target on your back, there are going to be thousands of guys trying to be better than him, it's Pioli's job to find those guys. Whether a position is seen as a need or not, better players = better team.

As far as trading him goes, that would be very unlikely. He wouldn't bait much if anything as far as value goes, kickers and punters rarely do and whoever is dumb enough to overpay for one is usually disappointed.

Connie Jo
03-20-2010, 12:02 AM
Maybe they just see a talented punter over at Michigan. Colquitt may be solid, but when you do something at the highest level you're going to have a target on your back, there are going to be thousands of guys trying to be better than him, it's Pioli's job to find those guys. Whether a position is seen as a need or not, better players = better team.

As far as trading him goes, that would be very unlikely. He wouldn't bait much if anything as far as value goes, kickers and punters rarely do and whoever is dumb enough to overpay for one is usually disappointed.

That all makes sense. I was just surprised to learn they're looking at punters when we already have one of the best in the NFL and so many other positions have been the focus. :)

jtandcrew
03-20-2010, 12:35 AM
I remember hearing a interview with Stenarud on a pre-game once. He did not know why the Chiefs did not bring in a kicker that we drafted to compete for the job. He also said Coach Stramm always had someone competeing with him every year for the kicker duties. Maybe they have someone just to keep Colquit grounded if needed. Never know though.

Connie Jo
03-20-2010, 01:10 AM
Maybe Colquitt is asking for more money...not sure when his contract is up? Could be re-negotiating, since he's done so well. Pioli is trying out a new kicker playing head games with Colquitt??

whatwasthat?
03-20-2010, 02:12 AM
promote competition

probably the same reason they are bringing another kicker besides succop

Hayvern
03-20-2010, 02:32 AM
Maybe Colquitt is asking for more money...not sure when his contract is up? Could be re-negotiating, since he's done so well. Pioli is trying out a new kicker playing head games with Colquitt??

I am pretty sure that Colquitt is a REstricted Free Agent next year (provided that term still exists next year)

captainamerica
03-20-2010, 02:58 AM
I think they're probably just doing this so they'll have someone in mind on who to bring in should Colquitt get injured. I think you guys are reading too much into this.

Ryfo18
03-20-2010, 03:19 AM
promote competition

probably the same reason they are bringing another kicker besides succop

:postpimp4ib:

kckidd8870
03-20-2010, 12:42 PM
He had an injury to his leg 2 seasons ago.A torn Muscle I think it was in his growing.He had surgery and everything.Muscle completly pulled away from the bone.If you noticed,last year he wasnt quite as good.

Chiefster
03-20-2010, 09:27 PM
The Chiefs have a long, bad history of throwing kickers away.

AussieChiefsFan
03-20-2010, 09:37 PM
His contract runs out in 2013. In 2008 he signed a five-year-contract worth $8.5 million.