PDA

View Full Version : The Chiefs: NFL Network stepchild

Fansincebirth
03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Am I the only one that notices that the Chiefs are the Red Headed Stepchild of the NFL Network. When they did the evaluation of the Chiefs this week, we got like three minuits. The Chiefs are twice as good as last year, not because of the players they have added, but the coaches. Thomas Jones was the hottest thing on the market till he signed with the Chiefs. Now instead they talk about the hasbeen LT and how he can fit in up in NY and mayby be fighting for the starting possition. Pioli has always kept everything quiet and never lets on what he is doing. I often get frustrated that we cant get more coverage or have an idea of what Kansas City is doing or thinking. But it works for Pioli and I am willing to be kept in the dark with the rest of the league as long as he gets results. If your thinking, well we just dont get as much coverage because we lost too many games and are in a smaller market. Just think back a couple of years ago when Herm was on there all the time. Am I the only one that feels this?:feedback:

Coach
03-21-2010, 06:08 PM
It is annoying, but I think you hit the nail on the head. Small market team that hasn't done a lot of winning recently. The Chiefs haven't had a primetime game since the dewey decimal system was retired.(Aussie, look dewey up on wiki, I'm not going to explain it.):D

This team will begin earning the respect they deserve next year.

matthewschiefs
03-21-2010, 09:04 PM
They will soon be talking about the Chiefs. When we are winning superbowls and AFC west championships they wont have a choice but to talk about the chiefs

honda522
03-21-2010, 09:18 PM
For years and years I have felt that.

hometeam
03-21-2010, 10:20 PM
Your absolutely right. Its blatent non-coverage of the chiefs. we get no time whatsoever~

AussieChiefsFan
03-22-2010, 02:48 AM
Am I the only one that notices that the Chiefs are the Red Headed Stepchild of the NFL Network. When they did the evaluation of the Chiefs this week, we got like three minuits. The Chiefs are twice as good as last year, not because of the players they have added, but the coaches. Thomas Jones was the hottest thing on the market till he signed with the Chiefs. Now instead they talk about the hasbeen LT and how he can fit in up in NY and mayby be fighting for the starting possition. Pioli has always kept everything quiet and never lets on what he is doing. I often get frustrated that we cant get more coverage or have an idea of what Kansas City is doing or thinking. But it works for Pioli and I am willing to be kept in the dark with the rest of the league as long as he gets results. If your thinking, well we just dont get as much coverage because we lost too many games and are in a smaller market. Just think back a couple of years ago when Herm was on there all the time. Am I the only one that feels this?:feedback:
I also think the Chiefs should get more NFL.com / NFl Network covergae but If it's working for scott pioli, it works for me. And If they start winning more and more games and get to the playoffs, even better!

Can't wait till the draft and the season! GO CHIEFS!

PawnshopMarimba
03-22-2010, 03:01 AM
Ahh, the curse of the small market team.

No worries. We'll make 'em talk about us sooner than later by producing on the field.

chief31
03-22-2010, 03:11 AM
The New England Patriots were the "red-headed stepchild" of The NFL for years.

Once we start winning, that will change. Just as it did for The Patriots.

Canada
03-22-2010, 09:05 AM
You gotta earn the coverage. They arent gonna start showing Chiefs everyday just because we signed some players, they have to play well and prove they are worth watching. NFL Network relies on ratings and they go with the "bandwagon" teams or "popular" teams to get them. Dallas, Pittsburg, GB, New England. All teams that do a lot of winning. Until we actually have some Wins, there is no reason to show a ton of coverage. How would you like it if every time you turned on NFL Network, they had the Browns, Seahawks, Bengals and Faiders? No one complains they arent getting enough coverage.

Chiefster
03-22-2010, 09:29 AM
It is annoying, but I think you hit the nail on the head. Small market team that hasn't done a lot of winning recently. The Chiefs haven't had a primetime game since the dewey decimal system was retired.(Aussie, look dewey up on wiki, I'm not going to explain it.):D

This team will begin earning the respect they deserve next year.

...This.

Ryfo18
03-22-2010, 09:48 AM
You gotta earn the coverage. They arent gonna start showing Chiefs everyday just because we signed some players, they have to play well and prove they are worth watching. NFL Network relies on ratings and they go with the "bandwagon" teams or "popular" teams to get them. Dallas, Pittsburg, GB, New England. All teams that do a lot of winning. Until we actually have some Wins, there is no reason to show a ton of coverage. How would you like it if every time you turned on NFL Network, they had the Browns, Seahawks, Bengals and Faiders? No one complains they arent getting enough coverage.

Exactly

slimdagreat
03-22-2010, 01:45 PM
From a fan perspective, I am very upset. From a business perspective it makes sense.

NFL Network and the ESPN's of the world know that outside of KC Fans , in general nobody cares about the Chiefs. A small market team that's been playing like crap the past few seasons isn't going to gain a lot of pub on TV.

Its up to the team to get better, and force the networks to cover them.

KCSDFAN
03-25-2010, 02:28 AM
I think that the whole of the AFC West gets less time on the NFL Network. If it wasn't for the trade of Cutler last year and LT leaving for the Jets there would be no talk about the AFC West at all.

Ryfo18
03-25-2010, 02:30 AM
Tough to give airtime to a team that's won 10 of its last 48 games...

Sn@keIze
03-25-2010, 02:33 AM
The NFL network should be the Cowboys Football Network.

Half the games they show on re-airs are Cowboys games.

And that idiot Jamie Dukes. Im glad that FN moron isn't a Chiefs fan.

stricken721
03-25-2010, 02:36 AM
The NFL network should be the Cowboys Football Network.

Half the games they show on re-airs are Cowboys games.

And that idiot Jamie Dukes. Im glad that FN moron isn't a Chiefs fan.

I'm glad I'm not the only one that thinks that way.

Connie Jo
03-25-2010, 03:40 AM
For years and years I have felt that.

Me too! Heck, it was this way even when the Chiefs were winning!! Think back to 2003-2005...how Trent Green was ignored by the media though his passing stats were #3 rated, only McNabb & Brady were above. Nope...majority of focus was on the Golden Boy Manning...even back then, prior to his winning a SB & his stats being below Greens!

Sn@keIze
03-25-2010, 03:54 AM
Me too! Heck, it was this way even when the Chiefs were winning!! Think back to 2003-2005...how Trent Green was ignored by the media though his passing stats were #3 rated, only McNabb & Brady were above. Nope...majority of focus was on the Golden Boy Manning...even back then, prior to his winning a SB & his stats being below Greens!I am still waiting for that 2003 re-air of the Packers/Chiefs game!

Fortuneatly i have the Dante return gainst the Donks on tape.

Canada
03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
Me too! Heck, it was this way even when the Chiefs were winning!! Think back to 2003-2005...how Trent Green was ignored by the media though his passing stats were #3 rated, only McNabb & Brady were above. Nope...majority of focus was on the Golden Boy Manning...even back then, prior to his winning a SB & his stats being below Greens!

I agree with you there. I had tons of friends who always said Trent Green wasnt that good until I showed the his stats. Everyone was surprised, but I kinda like it that way. Being a Chiefs fan is different than being a Cowboys fan, or 49ers fan (no offense Rbed), or Steelers or Pats fan. Personally, most of the time when I hear people say any of those teams, I assume they watched a few football games in the 90's and hopped on a bandwagon. Most Cowboy fans are as smart as Jessica Simpson. People buy into the hype, but Chiefs fans....we are different!! We set the standard in the NFL for what football is all about. We have the best tailgate by far in the league, we have the loudest stadium in the league. The tradition and contributions to the NFL are second to none and now all we need to do is add some more Super Bowl trophies. We may be the best kept secret in the NFL and I like it that way. Soon enough they will not be able to ignore us!! Soon they will all be tryin' to get on this bandwagon but the true fans are here and you are all tHE best fans there are!!

GO CHIEFS!!!

:chiefs3:

...and Jamie Dukes can suKC my as$!!!:sFl_canada2: