PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs OL!!

pbatrucker
03-22-2010, 06:14 AM
Kansas City Chiefs: An Offensive Line Analysis | Bleacher Report (http://bleacherreport.com/articles/365761-kansas-cith-chiefs-offensive-line-analysis)

Seek
03-22-2010, 01:31 PM
This is a great article. I am not sure where they got the O line rankings, but it has me firmly believing there is no Defensive player more important that fixing this line. The facts are there even with Lilja and Wiegmann.

pbatrucker
03-22-2010, 01:58 PM
This is a great article. I am not sure where they got the O line rankings, but it has me firmly believing there is no Defensive player more important that fixing this line. The facts are there even with Lilja and Wiegmann.
IMO they will draft a RT, probably in the 3rd or 4th round. Hopefully a center/guard also.

bwilliams
03-22-2010, 02:38 PM
IMO they will draft a RT, probably in the 3rd or 4th round. Hopefully a center/guard also.

I'd bet anything Vladamir Ducasse (RT) is our 2a pick. Pioli loves the guy, and he's just the massive anchor we need.

slimdagreat
03-22-2010, 02:51 PM
I'd bet anything Vladamir Ducasse (RT) is our 2a pick. Pioli loves the guy, and he's just the massive anchor we need.

That kid from Indiana could also be there as well when we pick in the 2nd.

I was on the Okung bandwagon at first, but this is a deep Tackle draft. I say we take Berry in the 1st, and a LT and WR or NT in the 2nd

slimdagreat
03-22-2010, 02:58 PM
it looks like the ranking system they use is ProFootballFocus.com - Home (http://profootballfocus.com)

Seek
03-23-2010, 04:19 PM
I have read a lot of people thinking the O line is okay. I haven't seen any of those people disputing this article stating differently.

To me this article clearly shows that what people thougt they saw, wasn't so rose colored.

This oline needs help in a big way.

slimdagreat
03-23-2010, 05:07 PM
I have read a lot of people thinking the O line is okay. I haven't seen any of those people disputing this article stating differently.

To me this article clearly shows that what people thougt they saw, wasn't so rose colored.

This oline needs help in a big way.

IMO the OL isn't as bad as initially advertised, but its still pretty bad. They went from awful last year, to almost decent now. I still think we need to upgrade at LT so Albert can move over to RT and O'CALLIGHAN can come off the bench

texaschief
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM
How nice would this line look if we took a LT at #5 or further down in a trade and perhaps get one of Charlie's boys from ND in OG Olsen later and have:

LT:Bulaga/Okung
LG:Waters/Olsen
C:Wiegman/Niswanger
RG:Lilja/Olsen
RT:Albert/O'Callahan

Coach
03-23-2010, 08:35 PM
How nice would this line look if we took a LT at #5 or further down in a trade and perhaps get one of Charlie's boys from ND in OG Olsen later and have:

LT:Bulaga/Okung
LG:Waters/Olsen
C:Wiegman/Niswanger
RG:Lilja/Olsen
RT:Albert/O'Callahan

That does look good, but my guess is that Pioli will be looking to make the defense better first. What is the most important position in a 3-4 defense? What is our weakest position in the 3-4? Why would you pass up a chance to get the best one in the draft?

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-23-2010, 08:39 PM
That does look good, but my guess is that Pioli will be looking to make the defense better first. What is the most important position in a 3-4 defense? What is our weakest position in the 3-4? Why would you pass up a chance to get the best one in the draft?

You don't marry a girl, just because she's the prettiest one in the room.

Chiefster
03-23-2010, 08:41 PM

I did; just happened that she was the best too. :D

Coach
03-23-2010, 08:52 PM
===== QUOTE Coach ====

===== /QUOTE ====

Crap!! Looks like I've got some splaining to do.

moshak
03-23-2010, 08:56 PM
Because it takes at least two years for a NT to start making an impact. Berry would make an immediate impact.

Coach
03-23-2010, 09:00 PM
Do you think the Chiefs are going to win a SB trophy next year? I think pioli is looking past next year.

Seek
03-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Do you think the Chiefs are going to win a SB trophy next year? I think pioli is looking past next year.

I agree. He is looking for building a franchise to compete against for years to come. I really dislike the Berry pick in the first round because I think they need some solid foundation with the big guys.

We do need a safety though, but he does not have to be the most expensive.

I still think B. Carr may be better suited for safety.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-23-2010, 10:18 PM

I think Pioli is looking at a SB every year from here on out. His first season with the Pats, 5-11. The next year 11-5 with a superbowl victory. This guy is putting together a winning team and they will win next year. I'd be shocked if they made it to the superbowl, but I don't doubt a playoff appearance and possible AFC West title.

bwilliams
03-24-2010, 12:04 AM
Because it takes at least two years for a NT to start making an impact. Berry would make an immediate impact.

What? No they don't. Wilfork, Hampton, and Ngata are three of the top of my head that came in an made immediate impacts.

KottkeKU
03-24-2010, 12:30 AM
Ngata wasn't asked to play 3-4 though, he was lining up between Kelly Gregg, and either Trevor Pryce or Terrell Suggs...with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed behind him.

Im not familiar with Wilfork or Hampton's rookie season stats, although im sure they both made valuable contributions to their respective teams. But it is hard to find that type of player...This is not a particularly strong NT draft up top either...

bwilliams
03-24-2010, 01:33 AM
Ngata wasn't asked to play 3-4 though, he was lining up between Kelly Gregg, and either Trevor Pryce or Terrell Suggs...with Ray Lewis and Ed Reed behind him.

Im not familiar with Wilfork or Hampton's rookie season stats, although im sure they both made valuable contributions to their respective teams. But it is hard to find that type of player...This is not a particularly strong NT draft up top either...

I respectfully disagree. Ngata was drafted specifically to play nose tackle, and that's what he did his entire rookie year. He played 4-3 DT sometimes, but not nearly as often as he did NT.

I think Williams is the equal of either Hampton or Wilfork. He's got the motor, the size, and the technique. To put is simply, I think the Chiefs are a better team with Williams at NT and an average SS than Berry at SS and an average NT.

pbatrucker
03-24-2010, 03:13 AM

With how RE played last year, it doesn't take much to show a significant improvement at NT.

Bike
03-25-2010, 02:26 PM