PDA

View Full Version : Great Trade theory-Very Possible

moshak
03-22-2010, 03:39 PM
If Jimmy Clausen falls to us-
We trade with Buffalo and swap second round picks and we give them a 5th and they give us a 3rd.
So it would look like this-

Chiefs

Bills

I think this is very doable and if this offer is on the table we should take it, that way we would have-
and 2 5th rounders
that is solid

What do you guys think?

moshak
03-22-2010, 03:56 PM
We would probably then target McClain, Earl Thomas, Brian Bulaga, or even Dan Williams with the first pick

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-22-2010, 06:55 PM
Personally, I would love it we also traded Dorsey for a later mid to late first rounder.

The Texans, vikings, Colts, and Saints could all use a defensive tackle ready to contribute. If we got their first and third (essentially a fourth), we could go:

1A Bulaga/Campbell
1B Cody
2A Jerry Hughes
2B Golden Tate or Nate Allen
3 Micah Johnson?

kcnation
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
personally id like to see McLAIN taken by us.we need a dominating lb bad,have not had one really since the great one(we all know who that was)

bwilliams
03-22-2010, 10:32 PM
Personally, I would love it we also traded Dorsey for a later mid to late first rounder.

The Texans, vikings, Colts, and Saints could all use a defensive tackle ready to contribute. If we got their first and third (essentially a fourth), we could go:

1A Bulaga/Campbell
1B Cody
2A Jerry Hughes
2B Golden Tate or Nate Allen
3 Micah Johnson?

Are you crazy? No one's going to trade a mid-1st for Dorsey! We'd be lucky to get a low 2nd for him, due to the very deep draft pool and Dorsey's pretty pedestrian play so far. As we're not going to trade Dorsey for a low 2nd, he's going to be a Chief in 2010.

okikcfan
03-22-2010, 11:41 PM
I think if Dorsey was going to be traded it would have been at the start of the FA IMO he's not going anywhere this season.

kylebigmac09
03-23-2010, 12:03 AM
Are you crazy? No one's going to trade a mid-1st for Dorsey! We'd be lucky to get a low 2nd for him, due to the very deep draft pool and Dorsey's pretty pedestrian play so far. As we're not going to trade Dorsey for a low 2nd, he's going to be a Chief in 2010.

I think if Dorsey was going to be traded it would have been at the start of the FA IMO he's not going anywhere this season.
I agree. Much more likely to see a draft day deal involving DJ, and I doubt that happens either.

matthewschiefs
03-23-2010, 12:04 AM

I agree DJ is one that I realy could see being moved. I think that Dorsey was good enough last season that they are going to keep him. Or at least his value was shown the game he missed and the brownies ran all over us. Hes going to be a chief this season. DJ for whatever reason is not a guy that fits into Haleys plans. He might be moved.

kckidd8870
03-23-2010, 12:17 AM
They better not let Dorsey go.You guys know it takes D-tackles,a few years to get good.He played pretty good last year.Not great but good.Next year should be a great year for him.Exspecailly if we get a dominate NT.GO CHIEFS

kylebigmac09
03-23-2010, 12:34 AM
I agree DJ is one that I realy could see being moved. I think that Dorsey was good enough last season that they are going to keep him. Or at least his value was shown the game he missed and the brownies ran all over us. Hes going to be a chief this season. DJ for whatever reason is not a guy that fits into Haleys plans. He might be moved.
I completely agree with both statements. Dorsey I think is going to be a very serviceable NT, and to think about a rotation between him and someone like Dan Williams is mouthwatering. DJ can play well but for some reason has fallen out of favor with Haley it seems. Talented, big name player=something good in return. Make the deal and don't let DJ sit on the bench.

DMN
03-23-2010, 02:02 AM
I completely agree with both statements. Dorsey I think is going to be a very serviceable NT, and to think about a rotation between him and someone like Dan Williams is mouthwatering. DJ can play well but for some reason has fallen out of favor with Haley it seems. Talented, big name player=something good in return. Make the deal and don't let DJ sit on the bench.

Ummm... Dorsey was converted to a DE last year. He hasn't the size or technique to be a true NT.

kylebigmac09
03-23-2010, 02:47 AM
Ummm... Dorsey was converted to a DE last year. He hasn't the size or technique to be a true NT.
Ha whoops sorry. I keep getting confused with the Hali move to OLB. Changing to a 3-4 is an adjustment for me also :-\