PDA

View Full Version : Dez Bryant

SDchief
03-23-2010, 06:34 AM
I have a gut feeling we are going to shock everyone and take Dez Bryant! As of right now our line is pretty good(Albert,waters,wiegman,lilja, o'callahan) remember how they got better as the year went on and now there is more talent on it. To me that means line later in the draft. We NEED another playmaker to compliment charles! I think we go Bryant first.... He will run a great 40 time next week and then you will hear the buzz on him before the draft again.( we also need a tight end) hopefulla dennis pita BYU falls to us! Just my thoughts(first post, Love my Chiefs!!!!!!!)

pbatrucker
03-23-2010, 08:19 AM
Welcome to the Crowd!
We never know with Pioli, anything is possible. IMO it will be DL or LB.
I like Pita also and Pioli has stated he wil be looking at a TE.

bwilliams
03-23-2010, 11:02 AM
I have a gut feeling we are going to shock everyone and take Dez Bryant! As of right now our line is pretty good(Albert,waters,wiegman,lilja, o'callahan) remember how they got better as the year went on and now there is more talent on it. To me that means line later in the draft. We NEED another playmaker to compliment charles! I think we go Bryant first.... He will run a great 40 time next week and then you will hear the buzz on him before the draft again.( we also need a tight end) hopefulla dennis pita BYU falls to us! Just my thoughts(first post, Love my Chiefs!!!!!!!)

Nah, I don't see us picking Bryant. He's a WR with character issues. Pioli might trade a 4th rounder for him, but he won't spend a 1st rounder. Especially not when we have gaping holes on the DL and OL.

cjsfw2
03-23-2010, 11:25 AM
I think we'll wait til next year to get a stud WR...look at all the names that are projected 1st rounders for next year: Julio Jones (Alabama), AJ Green (Georgia), Michael Floyd (Notre Dame), and Jonathan Baldwin (Pitt)...any of those would be just as good as Bryant IMO and probably less character questions ("right 53").

My real hope is that the Broncos can't trade Brandon Marshall this year then he becomes a free agent, he becomes a Chief to spite his old team, and it haunts the Broncos for the next decade. Hey I can dream right? : )

jacko58
03-23-2010, 12:05 PM
Nah, I don't see us picking Bryant. He's a WR with character issues. Pioli might trade a 4th rounder for him, but he won't spend a 1st rounder. Especially not when we have gaping holes on the DL and OL.

aha the moss trade lol worked well for them

honda522
03-23-2010, 12:33 PM
We better not. That would be a waste of a draft pick. WR is the least of our concerns. Lets get the tandum running game going and we won't need to pass. Eat up the clock as well.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-23-2010, 12:41 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

We had more dropped passes than anyone else in the league last year. That is HARDLY the least of our concerns. PUNTER is the least of our concerns.

Also, who the hell is saying he has character issues? No he doesn't. he was suspended for an entire year because he had dinner with Deion Sanders, one of the premier ex-players ever. Everyone knew it was a BS suspension. Everyone. The kid was treated unfairly and made an example of. Lagarette Blount has character issues. Brandon Spikes has character issues. this kid just got punished for possibly breaking a rule he didn't know about. He handled the situation poorly, but most KIDS (which is what he was) would be unsure how to handle it.

That said, #5 is going to be way too high to draft a lot of guys we're likely looking at.

honda522
03-23-2010, 01:04 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

We had more dropped passes than anyone else in the league last year. That is HARDLY the least of our concerns. PUNTER is the least of our concerns.

Also, who the hell is saying he has character issues? No he doesn't. he was suspended for an entire year because he had dinner with Deion Sanders, one of the premier ex-players ever. Everyone knew it was a BS suspension. Everyone. The kid was treated unfairly and made an example of. Lagarette Blount has character issues. Brandon Spikes has character issues. this kid just got punished for possibly breaking a rule he didn't know about. He handled the situation poorly, but most KIDS (which is what he was) would be unsure how to handle it.

That said, #5 is going to be way too high to draft a lot of guys we're likely looking at.
How many of those dropped pass were because QB/WR time being off? How much of that is cause by the piss poor offensive line much of the year? How much of that is cause of poor coaching, or lack of?

We have issues to address that are in more need of than a WR, like Punt/Kick Returner. OL. A nose tackle, A saftey, another corner, and linebacker.

Run that dam ball. Pass to score, run to win.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
Dude - you do understand there is a difference between incomplete passes and DROPPED passes, right?

Exactly ZERO of those dropped passes were because of poor offensive line play. ZERO caused by miscommunication.

100% were caused by wide receivers not catching the ball, despite it being catchable.

Game over.

By the way, you are aware that two of the biggest passing teams in the league were in the Super Bowl, right? You are aware that the Saints have one of the most formidable wide receiving corps in the league, right? As do the Colts?

Ryfo18
03-23-2010, 01:36 PM
I'll take Dez Bryant in the first round...don't see it as likely though.

Seek
03-23-2010, 02:31 PM
I am not confident the offensive line is fixed.

O'Callahan does not solidify the RT spot. In fact he was the most beat player for sacks on the team with only 8 games played.

Albert and Waters were both the most penalized players in their positions.

Wiegmann may have nothing left in the tank.

Lilja was an upgrade but he is average with injury concerns.

Fansincebirth
03-23-2010, 02:38 PM
Word is Bryant is not going to be able to run befor the draft. I think that will move him down but not out of the first round. Wouldnt chance our fist pick on him and dont think he would be there in round 2. We have larger needs anyway. BTW welcome to chiefscrowd. Dont be afraid to let you passion hang out here, we all hang ours out. Again, nice to have you here.

pbatrucker
03-23-2010, 05:00 PM
I think we'll wait til next year to get a stud WR...look at all the names that are projected 1st rounders for next year: Julio Jones (Alabama), AJ Green (Georgia), Michael Floyd (Notre Dame), and Jonathan Baldwin (Pitt)...any of those would be just as good as Bryant IMO and probably less character questions ("right 53").

My real hope is that the Broncos can't trade Brandon Marshall this year then he becomes a free agent, he becomes a Chief to spite his old team, and it haunts the Broncos for the next decade. Hey I can dream right? : )
You're questioning Bryants character issues and you want us to pick up Brandon Marshal? Right!!!!

pbatrucker
03-23-2010, 05:04 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

All of Bryants issues are not from the suspension. He drove his car into an apartment building, left the scene before police arrived and went home. It is also reported that here were other times when he was involved in undesirable acts.

kcmostwanted
03-23-2010, 05:23 PM
Welcome Aboard but Bryant as our pick is pretty extreme to post for your 1st post. If WR were considered for a top 5 pick in this regime I think they would have grabbed Crabtree last year... WR's are important but I doubt they believe Bryant is a top 5 talent.

matthewschiefs
03-23-2010, 05:43 PM
WR is still a need IMO but its a smaller need that can be picked up in the later rounds. I dont think that there is any way we take bryant.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
All of Bryants issues are not from the suspension. He drove his car into an apartment building, left the scene before police arrived and went home. It is also reported that here were other times when he was involved in undesirable acts.

That was Sergio Kindle. Jeez, people.

the only thing about Dez Bryant are "reports" (unsubstantiated or attributed) that he was late to team meetings.

Dez Bryant had dinner at deion sanders' house, and lied about it. Going to his house wasn't against the rules, and he's known deion since before he ever signed with OSU, but since he lied about it, the NCAA got pissed that he lied and suspended him for a year.

Coach
03-23-2010, 07:11 PM
WHOA WHOA WHOA honda...

This.

Coach
03-23-2010, 07:13 PM

I listened to a Golden Tate interview a few weeks ago and he said that Michael Floyd(ND) would be the first WR taken if he was in the draft this year. He jocked him big time and really had nothing to gain from doing so.

Coach
03-23-2010, 07:27 PM
I am not confident the offensive line is fixed.

O'Callahan does not solidify the RT spot. In fact he was the most beat player for sacks on the team with only 8 games played.

I agree. Besides the fact that this team needs some OL depth. I don't expect them to use a 1st rder on OL, but I'll be disappointed if at least one of the 2nds isn't.
Here's my guess at the o-line situation.
Chiefs draft a OT in the 2:nd round hoping he can play RT in 2010. If he plays well, they may try to move him to LT next season and move Albert inside and cut bait on Waters. If he doesn't play well, then he will stay at RT and they will draft their "franchise" LT next year.
They still don't know what they have with Albert. Too many changes and he's young. Haley continues to refer to Alberts ability to play inside during interviews. My guess is that the long term goal is to move Branden to RG. In the mean time, draft a RT with upside and see what happens.
This team has major defensive needs immediately and this solves a lot of those problems by allowing them to draft the best defensive player on THEIR board, not necessarily the best defensive player on the board(Berry, Suh, McCoy)..

Just a hunch, but I think its the right approach.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-23-2010, 07:36 PM
It seems to me that all of the Chiefs' player acquisitions have been to prepare for the unknown. Wiegmann, Lilja, and Thomas Jones are all savvy vets, but not long-term solutions. Maybe Lilja, but maybe not. however, if Okung doesn't fall to us, we are not looking at a tragedy on the offensive line.

The top four picks in the draft all could legitimately be spent on multiple glaring weaknesses. My buddy is from Detroit, and a very knowledgable sports guy. He swears they aren't going left tackle in the draft. I don't see how you don't protect Matthew Stafford.

the Redskins just had their pro bowl left tackle retire. The Rams need both a quarterback and defensive tackle.

The Bills lost TWO tackles. How do they not sit put and draft Bulaga? What if Bradford falls to KC, do they move up?

Add to this that Shannahan is now the Redskins' coach, and Pete Carrol is looking to start a new regime with two first round picks, San Francisco has two picks in the first also, and you're looking at a VERY fluid top ten picks.

Personally, I think Pioli and company do not know what they are going to do. All things considered, my guess is that Berry is the top guy on their board, but they will not take him at #5, because it's a bad business decision.

Then again, with an un-capped season, they could give him a big guarantee, not amortize it so all cap troubles are over in the 2010 season, and call it a day. Just food for thought.

regardless of what happens in the first round, I would like to see us get Pouncey either with our 2B or round 3 pick.

Coach
03-23-2010, 07:58 PM
My buddy is from Detroit, and a very knowledgable sports guy. He swears they aren't going left tackle in the draft. I don't see how you don't protect Matthew Stafford.

Do we know each other? I live in detroit and I've been saying the same thing for the last 3 months. Detroit papers, lions fans, they all agree this team takes the best DT left on the board. Okung has gotten more talk in the last 2 weeks, but. Nithing has changed in the motor city. They want Suh.

Great post sapho!

KottkeKU
03-23-2010, 08:54 PM
I would rather have a superb TE in the 2nd-4th rounds rather than a sketchy WR in the first...

a solid receiving TE will do a lot of help for this offense.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-23-2010, 09:05 PM
I wouldn't mind Bryant. I think he's going to be a dominant WR similar to Marshall but with less issues (thanks to Weis/Haley). I would really like our first three picks to be used on a WR and two defensive players. I think we can pick up a guy like Vladmir ducasse in the 3rd. I'd also like to see us pick up Arenas as a return guy. But I digress, I don't think we'll take Bryant, but I would not hate the pick, I'd be excited! I mean, who would you cover if you're the defense? Bowe, Charles, Bryant?!!!

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 09:42 PM
Dude - you do understand there is a difference between incomplete passes and DROPPED passes, right?

Exactly ZERO of those dropped passes were because of poor offensive line play. ZERO caused by miscommunication.

100% were caused by wide receivers not catching the ball, despite it being catchable.

Game over.

By the way, you are aware that two of the biggest passing teams in the league were in the Super Bowl, right? You are aware that the Saints have one of the most formidable wide receiving corps in the league, right? As do the Colts?

I agree there were many "dropped" passes, that were totally catchable and the blame of such lay soley with our WR's when classified as "dropped".

That said, I believe there will be great improvement from Bowe and Chambers in that aspect. There were many factor's last season that came into play throwing everyone's game off target, including our WR's. Based on that belief, I don't feel we need to make drafting a WR a priority this year. Maybe next year 'IF' our WR's don't improve as anticipated with all the positive changes made to the team overall, including the hiring of an OC.

I agree we need a passing game to compete consistently as well.

chief31
03-24-2010, 12:26 AM
My buddy is from Detroit, and a very knowledgable sports guy. He swears they aren't going left tackle in the draft. I don't see how you don't protect Matthew Stafford.Do we know each other? I live in detroit and I've been saying the same thing for the last 3 months. Detroit papers, lions fans, they all agree this team takes the best DT left on the board. Okung has gotten more talk in the last 2 weeks, but. Nithing has changed in the motor city. They want Suh.

Great post sapho!

He said his buddy is "a very knowledgable sports guy". Doesn't that rule you out?:lol: :lol:

Canada
03-24-2010, 12:59 AM
He said his buddy is "a very knowledgable sports guy". Doesn't that rule you out?:lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Coach
03-24-2010, 11:59 PM
He said his buddy is "a very knowledgable sports guy". Doesn't that rule you out?:lol: :lol:

That took much longer than I thought it would. I thought Canada would have teed off on it.

chief31
03-25-2010, 03:13 AM
That took much longer than I thought it would. I thought Canada would have teed off on it.

I think he is suffering from lack of alcohol to the brain, slowing him down some. :lol:

Canada
03-25-2010, 07:34 AM
My blood is all thick and slow now. IT does not flow like it did when I was drinking. Its my natural blood thinner, keeps the BP down. Maybe I shoud just have some "medicinal" beer.

yashi
03-25-2010, 09:53 AM
Last year Crabtree was considered top 2-3 talent in the whole draft and we passed on him, so I doubt we go after Bryant.