PDA

View Full Version : A little help please!!

Canada
03-23-2010, 10:02 PM
So I have quit drinking for a while. After my last trip to KC I felt I needed to detox for a while. I have not set an exact date for when I am going to allow myself to drink again and I am hoping that I can get some help from my fellow Crowders to make the final decision. Feel free to add comments such as "Have a beer now" or "Why wait?" or "Have a beer on March 24th" Those comments will be taken seriously as well!!

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 10:12 PM
I voted for the first regular season game. It might make ya sick the first time after several months not drinking, depending on how much ya drink that first time.

You'll be adjusted at the 49'ers game, assuming it won't be the first game of the season. If it is, then change my vote to the first pre-season game, haha.

Honestly though, I think rather than have a definite date set, you should make the choice based upon your best judgement of heart for when you feel you're ready, or not. :)

stricken721
03-23-2010, 10:16 PM
I say Chiefs vs. 49ers. Right now I owe you two beers and I would like to buy you those first two! (Or give you the money and you buy them yourself since I'm still not of age to legally buy) :lol:

Canada
03-23-2010, 10:17 PM
Im ready now, although I have used your logic of being prepared, but i dont want to drink myself stupid and miss the first game of the year, and I am going to drink A LOT when I start up again!! I miss cold beer

Ryfo18
03-23-2010, 10:35 PM
I said first preseason game...I equate it to your drinking preseason that will get you better prepared to drink during football season. We can't have you not in game shape at the Chiefs vs. 49ers game.

As a side note, I wanted to vote for all of them, being that you always have to have a first beer on each of those unique days.

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 10:40 PM
Im ready now, although I have used your logic of being prepared, but i dont want to drink myself stupid and miss the first game of the year, and I am going to drink A LOT when I start up again!! I miss cold beer

Alrighty then! hahaha

I've only drank so much it made me sick maybe 3 times in younger day...at least that's all I remember, haha. I guess those 3 times were bad enough they cured me from overdoing it, haha. I don't like being sick, not worth it. It's easier to get sick from less the older you get too I think, haha.

That's not to say I don't get a buzz going, but I can tell when I need to switch to pop to prevent becoming sick later, or the next day.

If I have to drive, I won't allow myself more than 3-4 beers spread out over the average of one per hour, with food! Seems that's the case more often than not. I'm usually the designated driver too, if in a group together.

I'm staying at the hotel for the 49'er's gathering, so no worries!
:D :bananen_smilies046:

Canada
03-23-2010, 10:48 PM
No offense either, but I want a Canadian beer first, not that American ....stuff.

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
No offense either, but I want a Canadian beer first, not that American ....stuff.

LOL

I've never had Canadian Beer. I hope to come close to having one on the cruise though...'IF' Kid Rock does as he say's he's gonna do, and have the ship stocked with his BadA$$ Label beer. It's brewed in Michigan...close to Canada, lol.

Canada
03-23-2010, 10:57 PM
LOL

I've never had Canadian Beer. I hope to come close to having one on the cruise though...'IF' Kid Rock does as he say's he's gonna do, and have the ship stocked with his BadA$$ Label beer. It's brewed in Michigan...close to Canada, lol.

We will bring a fair bit down with us when we come. We had to drink 11 beers in the airport at 6am because our bags were overweight!! :drunkhb: the lady working for the airport laughed, when she told us our bags were overweight we pulled the beers out and started chugging!! Her last comment was "I want to go on vacation with you guys!":lol:

Turned out she was a Chiefs fan too!! :chiefs:

Ryfo18
03-23-2010, 10:59 PM

I love me some Molson Canadian. Labatt Blue is a close 2nd.

Canada
03-23-2010, 11:02 PM
I love me some Molson Canadian. Labatt Blue is a close 2nd.

Molson Canadian is the stuff we ship out of the country. I will bring you some good Canadian beer when I get down there! :bananen_smilies046::sFl_canada2: Im so fu**in' thirsty right now!! :drunkhb:

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 11:16 PM
We will bring a fair bit down with us when we come. We had to drink 11 beers in the airport at 6am because our bags were overweight!! :drunkhb: the lady working for the airport laughed, when she told us our bags were overweight we pulled the beers out and started chugging!! Her last comment was "I want to go on vacation with you guys!":lol:

Turned out she was a Chiefs fan too!! :chiefs:

OMG!! That's too funny! Ironic too she was a Chiefs fan! I didn't think you could take beer on an airplane, but I don't know much about flying, since I've only flown twice in life, the last being 1992, hahaha.

Canada
03-23-2010, 11:18 PM
OMG!! That's too funny! Ironic too she was a Chiefs fan! I didn't think you could take beer on an airplane, but I don't know much about flying, since I've only flown twice in life, the last being 1992, hahaha.

You can take it in your checked luggage but not carry on!!

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 11:20 PM
Molson Canadian is the stuff we ship out of the country. I will bring you some good Canadian beer when I get down there! :bananen_smilies046::sFl_canada2: Im so fu**in' thirsty right now!! :drunkhb:

Is this the first time you've ever given beer up? Heck, I didn't think you were drunk in KC, not when I left anyway...you were coherent & standing, lol. Kelly passed out not long after we left in my truck. As I pulled into the parking lot of his hotel to drop him off, head back home...he woke and mumbled, "I'm so drunk, but I had the best time."

:lol:

Canada
03-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Is this the first time you've ever given beer up? Heck, I didn't think you were drunk in KC, not when I left anyway...you were coherent & standing, lol. Kelly passed out not long after we left in my truck. As I pulled into the parking lot of his hotel to drop him off, head back home...he woke and mumbled, "I'm so drunk, but I had the best time."

this is the first time I have ever stopped and I dont like it all that much. I dont think I can really get drunk on American beer!! I tried so hard but had to go tot he Southern comfort to get good and hammered!! Part of the reason I stopped is that I noticed myself drinking hard alcohol and that (to me) is a sign of a drinking problem. So I decided to take some time off!!

Connie Jo
03-23-2010, 11:35 PM
You can take it in your checked luggage but not carry on!!

I didn't know that! Beer is $8 per bottle/draft on the cruise ship, plus they add an automatic gratuity to each I've been told...I won't be drinking many beer's, haha. I have a limit on luggage, the airline charges extra for more than allowed. I'm a girl...gonna need the space in luggage I'm allowed for clothes & such, not beer, haha.

I thought of buying a bottle of Bacardi once in Tampa, day before the cruise...sneaking it onto the ship. Juice, water, tea is free, but not pop. I can buy $25 card for unlimited pop on the cruise. I'd rather drink beer, as I have to watch the Bacardi, it hits quicker than beer, lol. Bacardi is easier to conceal in luggage.

AussieChiefsFan
03-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I voted for the Chiefs first regular season game.

chief31
03-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Can you add an option for " At The next Chiefs Super Bowl"?:lol:

Canada
03-24-2010, 12:53 AM
Can you add an option for " At The next Chiefs Super Bowl"?:lol:

Dude, im not gonna wait until the next SuperBowl, nevermind a Chiefs SuperBowl!!

AussieChiefsFan
03-24-2010, 01:36 AM
Can you add an option for " At The next Chiefs Super Bowl"?:lol:That wont be long away.

Canada
03-24-2010, 07:12 AM
That wont be long away.The playoffs are too far away, never mind the SB!!

Drunker Hillbilly
03-24-2010, 11:59 AM
I voted first pre season game but I'm really thinking NOW!!!! If your disciplined enough to take a hiatus, which I have certainly done, you DON'T have a problem IMO. People like to drink and if you were hittin it hard for a bit, there's no shame in takin some time off to let the body recover as well as the mind. Being in the business that I have been in for so long, I meet soooo many people that are just flat out drunks and could never stop for any meaningfull time. Cheers to you bro for holdin true to yourself......now crack a fricken beer and get to it!!! Football is only 6 months away for god sakes!!!

Canada
03-24-2010, 02:22 PM
I voted first pre season game but I'm really thinking NOW!!!! If your disciplined enough to take a hiatus, which I have certainly done, you DON'T have a problem IMO. People like to drink and if you were hittin it hard for a bit, there's no shame in takin some time off to let the body recover as well as the mind. Being in the business that I have been in for so long, I meet soooo many people that are just flat out drunks and could never stop for any meaningfull time. Cheers to you bro for holdin true to yourself......now crack a fricken beer and get to it!!! Football is only 6 months away for god sakes!!!:lol: i HAVE NEVER AGREED WITH YOU MORE IN MY LIFE!! :lol::bananen_smilies046:

N TX Dave
03-24-2010, 02:26 PM
How about after the Chiefs next win or if you really want to wait the first playoff win.

Ryfo18
03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
How about after the Chiefs next win or if you really want to wait the first playoff win.

See below.

The playoffs are too far away, never mind the SB!!

Chiefster
03-24-2010, 03:09 PM
Next New Years, make it one solid year and on midnight January 1, 2011 celebrate! :D

N TX Dave
03-24-2010, 05:42 PM
Next New Years, make it one solid year and on midnight January 1, 2011 celebrate! :D

Yes 1/1/11!

honda522
03-24-2010, 06:50 PM
Why waste a good beer on a preseason game? Save it for the regular season opener, or the game you go to.

Canada
03-24-2010, 07:42 PM
Why waste a good beer on a preseason game? Save it for the regular season opener, or the game you go to.

Drinking a beer is never wasting it.

Canada
03-24-2010, 07:42 PM

Yes 1/1/11!

No. :canbeer:

Drunker Hillbilly
03-24-2010, 08:09 PM
I dare ya to crack one.....

honda522
03-24-2010, 09:46 PM
Seems to be a waste to drink on a preseason game when it means nothing. :punk:

Canada
03-24-2010, 10:07 PM
Im workin!! :raisux:

rbedgood
03-24-2010, 10:37 PM
I voted 1/1/11... :dietcokecan

yashi
03-25-2010, 12:37 PM
Hey, good for you to have the willpower to stop for a while. :D

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 12:39 AM

Canada
04-02-2010, 08:56 AM

Done, im off the wagon

Ryfo18
04-02-2010, 10:46 AM
Done, im off the wagon

Thatta boy, I just had 3 to celebrate you cracking one.

pbatrucker
04-02-2010, 02:32 PM
Thatta boy, I just had 3 to celebrate you cracking one.
Must have been something in the air. I had a few afterr working in the yard all day.

Vanilla Garilla
04-02-2010, 06:13 PM
Yay drink some beers with me bud!

tornadospotter
04-02-2010, 07:15 PM
Hey don't leave me out! I think I will have a cold one to! :canbeer::bananen_smilies046: