PDA

View Full Version : Check out my new boots! YEEHAW! How could I not?!!

Connie Jo
03-25-2010, 12:51 AM
The boots below were listed on Ebay...crafted by Corral Boots, one of my favorite brands for unique Cowboy Boots. They're brand new, but 'distressed' intentionally as part of the design to look vintage.

Corral Boots are too expensive for my budget to buy in retail Western Stores, so I check for listings on Ebay from time to time. There's a retailer that lists on Ebay whom buys Corrals overstock, defective, or prototype designs Corral decides not to produce for retail sale, prototypes are RARE.

I hesitated bidding, being responsible with always watching my pennies...but shoot, I've not bought myself anything in a very long time! These are RARE prototype's too, in fact, the only ones I've EVER seen like them, one of a kind! That wasn't the reason my heart desired them so much though...it was their specific theme of design! I'd never have an opportunity again, since they're prototypes, and in my size too!

I love unique Cowboy Boots, and I love my Chiefs...seriously, these boots were screaming my name!!! They wouldn't stop, I even slept on it, they even screamed at me in my dreams too! :D

So...I bid on them and won them this afternoon! YEEHAW!!
:yahoo:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/chiefboots1.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/chiefboots2.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/chiefboots3.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/chiefboots4.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y31/connieemery/chiefboots5.jpg

AussieChiefsFan
03-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Nice boots. They look very American! Awesome! :bananen_smilies046: :chiefs:

stricken721
03-25-2010, 12:54 AM
Those are awesome! If I could wear that size of boot I would be stealing them from you haha. You should definitely wear those for the Chiefs Vs. 49ers game. :bananen_smilies046:

Connie Jo
03-25-2010, 01:35 AM
Well, I'm sure they're not pleasing to the eye for everyone, especially with their being the distressed look, but I love them! They ROCK!!

I buy men's boots more often than women's. Many of the women's styles are what I define as being too girly or cutesy for my taste. Corral usually crafts their boots to be uni-sex, so that's probably why they're one of my favorite boot makers.

Connie Jo
03-25-2010, 01:42 AM
I noticed the indian arrows first, didn't realize those were Chiefs heads on the upper shafts right away, haha. When I realized it my eyes widened like a kid on Christmas morning, lol. I even said out loud, WHOA! Those are Chiefs heads! hahaha

pbatrucker
03-25-2010, 01:44 AM
Great Boots!!!:punk:

Connie Jo
03-25-2010, 03:33 AM
Those are awesome! If I could wear that size of boot I would be stealing them from you haha. You should definitely wear those for the Chiefs Vs. 49ers game. :bananen_smilies046:

A delayed thought, haha. I would love to wear them to Arrowhead for the 49er's game, showing off them & my Chiefs passion, haha. It will depend on the time of year though, as most Cowboy Boots tend to be a bit slick on ice/snow. As well, I usually wear my Chiefs tennis shoes to games, cause of all the beer spilled & it making for slick surfaces also.

That said, with knowing I'll have my own personal paramedic and nurse to fix any falling injuries at the 49er's game...due to wearing Cowboy Boots on known slick surface's...I'm willing to take the risk, hahaha. :)

tornadospotter
03-25-2010, 09:29 AM
A delayed thought, haha. I would love to wear them to Arrowhead for the 49er's game, showing off them & my Chiefs passion, haha. It will depend on the time of year though, as most Cowboy Boots tend to be a bit slick on ice/snow. As well, I usually wear my Chiefs tennis shoes to games, cause of all the beer spilled & it making for slick surfaces also.

That said, with knowing I'll have my own personal paramedic and nurse to fix any falling injuries at the 49er's game...due to wearing Cowboy Boots on known slick surface's...I'm willing to take the risk, hahaha. :)

Nice boots! You got to a least bring them to show us.

Ryfo18
03-25-2010, 10:11 AM
Those are BIG PIMPIN Connie!

stricken721
03-26-2010, 02:06 AM

We'll just carry you, that way you can wear them and won't have to worry about slipping. :thumbup1::lol:

Chiefster
03-26-2010, 02:17 AM
Niceness; Great color scheme! :D

Connie Jo
03-26-2010, 09:57 PM
Nice boots! You got to a least bring them to show us.

I will do! :)

Those are BIG PIMPIN Connie!

"Big Pimpin"? I've never heard that phrase before, hahahaha.

We'll just carry you, that way you can wear them and won't have to worry about slipping. :thumbup1::lol:

COOL! It's likely a good thing I only weigh 120 lbs with all the carrying that might need done, hahaha. Between you and Canada, that's only 60 lbs each!
:lol:

tornadospotter
03-27-2010, 01:04 AM
I will do! :)

"Big Pimpin"? I've never heard that phrase before, hahahaha.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6z7CfmVVowI
:D

COOL! It's likely a good thing I only weigh 120 lbs with all the carrying that might need done, hahaha. Between you and Canada, that's only 60 lbs each!
T-Man knows big pimping KC Chiefs style!

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 12:35 AM
Heck TS...with my being around Kid Rock music & fans the last decade, I thought I knew most the urban slang...but apparently not, haha. Trust me though, some of it I'd rather not know! LOL

PS: I know what "pimpin" is, just not "big pimpin", hahaha.

stricken721
04-02-2010, 12:38 AM
Heck TS...with my being around Kid Rock music & fans the last decade, I thought I knew most the urban slang...but apparently not, haha. Trust me though, some of it I'd rather not know! LOL

PS: I know what "pimpin" is, just not "big pimpin", hahaha.

Big pimpin is like pimping except times 2.

Ryfo18
04-02-2010, 01:08 AM
Just for you Connie, I bet you'll love this song haha

YouTube- Jay-Z - Big Pimpin

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 01:24 AM
Big pimpin is like pimping except times 2.

I figured that's what it meant, but I've assumed before that a particular slang phrase meant something it ended up totally not meaning, so don't assume now, haha.

Just for you Connie, I bet you'll love this song haha

YouTube- Jay-Z - Big Pimpin (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-45xJl_mhE)

Thanks Ryan! hahaha

Actually, I don't care for most of what I define as hardcore rap, hahaha. Most of it is too repetitive. I like rap when it's in the mix with other genres...like Kid Rock does. I like Paradime's rap style...he's a member of Kid's band TBT, but does his own thing when not on tour performing with Kid & TBT. He's put out his own CD's.
:punk:

I like some of Rev Run's rap, and there's a rap artist I became aquainted with on Facebook...I like his rap style.

stricken721
04-02-2010, 01:31 AM
:postpimp4ib: < CJ :bananen_smilies046:

Ryfo18
04-02-2010, 01:37 AM
I figured that's what it meant, but I've assumed before that a particular slang phrase meant something it ended up totally not meaning, so don't assume now, haha.

Thanks Ryan! hahaha

Actually, I don't care for most of what I define as hardcore rap, hahaha. Most of it is too repetitive. I like rap when it's in the mix with other genres...like Kid Rock does. I like Paradime's rap style...he's a member of Kid's band TBT, but does his own thing when not on tour performing with Kid & TBT. He's put out his own CD's.
:punk:

I like some of Rev Run's rap, and there's a rap artist I became aquainted with on Facebook...I like his rap style.

Jay-Z is the best at the rap game though, so you just heard from the best...if you still don't like, well then it's not for you haha!

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 01:43 AM
I have alot of Kid Rock friends who listen to Jay-Z. I think part of my problem is I have a partial hearing loss & can't understand so many of the lyrics in most rap. I think I'd like it more if I could understand the lyrics better, because lyrics are critical with liking most genres.

The hearing loss is a result of too many concerts in my life...serious biz! My first live music concert was when I was 11 yrs old, hahaha.

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 01:48 AM
:postpimp4ib: < CJ :bananen_smilies046:

I'm gonna pull an LJ here...

It's YOUR fault Clint! You're the one who reminded me I'd not checked in here for a while. Well, I have some catching up to do now!! hahahaha :D

stricken721
04-02-2010, 02:26 AM

I'm gonna pull an LJ here...

It's YOUR fault Clint! You're the one who reminded me I'd not checked in here for a while. Well, I have some catching up to do now!! hahahaha :D

It is my fault! Hahah.. We miss your company around here!

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 03:29 AM
It is my fault! Hahah.. We miss your company around here!

Thanks!! :) Now I feel all special, AND guilty for not being around as much the last couple of weeks, hahaha. :D

When you asked at FB if all was okay, I sorta fibbed, haha. The last couple of wks held within them several 1 yr. anniversary dates...related to my x-husbands final emotional meltdown after 2 yrs of his enduring clinical depression & alcohol abuse. One of those dates included the anniversary of my making the decision to file for divorce & asking him to move out. They say the first year is the hardest, so I've surpassed that mark now! YEEHAW!
:bananen_smilies046:

Yesterday was a beautiful day, and I spent it driving to Topeka...Kid Rock cranked up in the stereo, sunroof retracted, bopping around like a school girl, LOL! I found two suitcases on clearance at TJ Maxx, which I needed related to the upcoming Kid Rock cruise...and even better than the clearance price was their being RED...CHIEFS RED!! :D

I was able to wash all the mud & yuck off my Chiefs truck from last weekend's rain....guaranteed to lift spirits is a clean truck! I still need to polish my wheels though, but it's suppose to rain again this weekend, so gonna put that off till the next sunny day. :D

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 03:43 AM
Good Night Clint! To all my Chiefs Crowd friends...sweet Chiefs Super Bowl Dreams!! hahaha :)

I need some shut eye, haha. My daughter is picking me up at 10 AM, we're going to Walmart in Topeka to do the last of our Easter shopping. My kids, their spouses, & grandkids traditionally come here for Easter dinner, as with all the holidays. I hope it doesn't rain Sunday, so the kids can do their Easter Egg Hunt outside. I'm sure happy she's driving her vehicle, cause my truck will stay clean, hahaha. :)

Ryfo18
04-02-2010, 11:46 AM
Thanks!! :) Now I feel all special, AND guilty for not being around as much the last couple of weeks, hahaha. :D

When you asked at FB if all was okay, I sorta fibbed, haha. The last couple of wks held within them several 1 yr. anniversary dates...related to my x-husbands final emotional meltdown after 2 yrs of his enduring clinical depression & alcohol abuse. One of those dates included the anniversary of my making the decision to file for divorce & asking him to move out. They say the first year is the hardest, so I've surpassed that mark now! YEEHAW!

Yesterday was a beautiful day, and I spent it driving to Topeka...Kid Rock cranked up in the stereo, sunroof retracted, bopping around like a school girl, LOL! I found two suitcases on clearance at TJ Maxx, which I needed related to the upcoming Kid Rock cruise...and even better than the clearance price was their being RED...CHIEFS RED!! :D

I was able to wash all the mud & yuck off my Chiefs truck from last weekend's rain....guaranteed to lift spirits is a clean truck! I still need to polish my wheels though, but it's suppose to rain again this weekend, so gonna put that off till the next sunny day. :D

Don't you mean Google? :yahoo:

stricken721
04-02-2010, 01:05 PM

I think it's cool you call your truck "Chiefs truck" since I do the same thing. :lol:

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 10:13 PM
Maybe my brain's not functioning right, but I'm not getting it Ryan...Google? hahaha

My new Chiefs Head & Arrow boots arrived today! Just in time to consider them an Easter gift to me! hahaha

They're more awesome than the pics! The red parts are either lizard or crocodile, not sure since their small cut pieces. The outline around the Chiefs Heads is ostrich! Much more detailed than I knew they'd be! YEEHAW!!

Ryfo18
04-02-2010, 11:57 PM
Maybe my brain's not functioning right, but I'm not getting it Ryan...Google? hahaha

My new Chiefs Head & Arrow boots arrived today! Just in time to consider them an Easter gift to me! hahaha

They're more awesome than the pics! The red parts are either lizard or crocodile, not sure since their small cut pieces. The outline around the Chiefs Heads is ostrich! Much more detailed than I knew they'd be! YEEHAW!!

Topeka renamed their city to Google. You can "Google" it to find the details. I'm not sure how official it is, but as far as I know it came from Topeka's (Google's) Mayors mouth that they would temporarily rename it.

Connie Jo
04-03-2010, 12:12 AM
Topeka renamed their city to Google. You can "Google" it to find the details. I'm not sure how official it is, but as far as I know it came from Topeka's (Google's) Mayors mouth that they would temporarily rename it.

:lol: I hadn't heard that news!!