PDA

View Full Version : Chiefs Resign RFA LB Derrick Johnson

Ryfo18
03-25-2010, 11:07 AM
Insider Blog: Chiefs Re-Ink Two RFAs, One ERFA (http://www.kcchiefs.com/news/article-2/Insider-Blog-Chiefs-Re-Ink-Two-RFAs-One-ERFA-/0affb5cf-c292-47fc-8d8c-994b848f2514)

Heeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaack.............

matthewschiefs
03-25-2010, 11:23 AM
I am kind of surprised hes back. Maybe hes worked his way into getting playing time this comeing season.

SAPHOJUNKIE
03-25-2010, 11:35 AM
Come on, giants...you know you want him.

Bike
03-25-2010, 11:42 AM
He'll flourish under Crennel...

honda522
03-25-2010, 12:11 PM
YEAH BUDDY!

Crennel probably came here and b*tched at Haley saying...WHY the HELL did you bench him?!!?!

Finally he will be used the way he should be.

bwilliams
03-25-2010, 12:23 PM
YEAH BUDDY!

Crennel probably came here and b*tched at Haley saying...WHY the HELL did you bench him?!!?!

Or he's about to get traded.

pbatrucker
03-25-2010, 12:24 PM
YEAH BUDDY!

Until DJ learns to cover his assigned areas each and every play, his playing time will not increase. Dj admitted to being out of position on his second interception against Denver.
I believe he had to sign his tender to paticipate in OTA's which begin today.
I really hope Crennel can get the best out of DJ, he is an awesome talent.

whatwasthat?
03-25-2010, 12:26 PM
well i didnt exactly think anyone would give up a 1st rounder for DJ anyway

honda522
03-25-2010, 12:27 PM
Until DJ learns to cover his assigned areas each and every play, his playing time will not increase. Dj admitted to being out of position on his second interception against Denver.
I believe he had to sign his tender to paticipate in OTA's which begin today.
I really hope Crennel can get the best out of DJ, he is an awesome talent.
Our defensive coordinators were not respectable, and I would guess at that point he didn't give a.....

bwilliams
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
well i didnt exactly think anyone would give up a 1st rounder for DJ anyway

I could see the Saints giving up their 2nd rounder, couldn't you?

pbatrucker
03-25-2010, 12:29 PM
Our defensive coordinators were not respectable, and I would guess at that point he didn't give a.....
That would just show how immature he is and that he does not get the big picture.

Vandelay
03-25-2010, 12:30 PM
I get the feeling this will finally be the year DJ breaks out in a big way.
The talent has always been there, but it seems like the focus hasn't always been.
I think Crennel is the guy who can help him get it all together.

Seek
03-25-2010, 01:05 PM
The title on this thread should be changed to Johnsons signs his RFA tender. I was excited to think he was going to stick around for a while.

All this means is that no team was willing to part with a first for him but the Chiefs were hoping. He could still be traded for lesser compensation or just released.

I am still uneasy about his future with this team until I see him on the field week one or a longer contract is reached.

honda522
03-25-2010, 01:08 PM
That would just show how immature he is and that he does not get the big picture.
Was. Past tense now.

pbatrucker
03-25-2010, 05:28 PM
Was. Past tense now.
We can only hope my friend.

Three7s
03-25-2010, 05:44 PM
Oh boy, Derrick "2 games a year" Johnson stays to get everyone excited for a few months, just to let everyone down again, as usual.

mfainter
03-25-2010, 05:54 PM
Here's hoping that they move DJ to the OLB position, and Vrabel to the ILB position. I think DJ would be best used as a OLB/DE hybrid type player, who can play cover 2 as well as pass rush. Vrabel would be an excelent MIKE/ILB in stopping the rush attack, and acting like a captin on the field.

pbatrucker
03-25-2010, 06:12 PM
Here's hoping that they move DJ to the OLB position, and Vrabel to the ILB position. I think DJ would be best used as a OLB/DE hybrid type player, who can play cover 2 as well as pass rush. Vrabel would be an excelent MIKE/ILB in stopping the rush attack, and acting like a captin on the field.
DJ is not strong enough at the point of attack to play OLB. Nor is he disiplined enough.

slc chief
03-25-2010, 07:24 PM
this was a nice signing i was hoping this would happen

jacko58
03-26-2010, 11:43 AM
i love it dj prove urself this year

whatwasthat?
03-26-2010, 11:56 PM

not when they could draft spoon or some other OLB

Coach
03-27-2010, 09:55 AM
[quote=whatwasthat?;184933]well i didnt exactly think anyone would give up a 1st rounder for DJ anyway

===== /QUOTE ====

Let me start by sayng I like DJ. I bought one of his jerseys. I hope he stays so it doesn't get added to my quickly growing collection of "former chief" jerseys.

With that said, no way would the Saints give up a 2nd round pick for DJ. He's not lived up to his first round draft choice. If he were in this year's class, I'm not sure he'd get a 2nd round grade. If I remember right, kirk morrison has a 3rd round tender and nobody touched him.

I think people are reading too much into this signing. Either DJ signed his tender offer or he was going to sit this season out. That's it. He was a rfa. There were no teams willing to pay the chiefs a 1st round pick to get him. DJ and the Chiefs did not sign a long term deal.

I do feel like Crennel will be just what the doctor ordered for DJ though. I am expecting him to start next season and have a big year. My jersey depends on it.