PDA

View Full Version : At #5, the Pioli effect.....

DC_Chiefsfan
03-31-2010, 09:28 AM
All right, so we've seen Okung and Berry as our guy in virtually ALL mock drafts across the land. But this doesn't take into account the Pioli effect. I feel like there is no way Pioli will draft either of these guys and then he'll throw us a curveball we never saw coming.

My question to all of you:
Assuming we do not trade down; Who does Pioli reach for in the draft with our 5th pick?

My Pioli effect pick: Jason Pierre-Paul. The guy is a physical freak, oozing with talent and between him and Hali would scare the bejesus out of opposing qbs.

yashi
03-31-2010, 09:43 AM
JPP is an intriguing specimen indeed, but I do think that he is probably the most likely bust in the first 15 picks of the draft. He played LE at UCF, so he wasn't facing the other teams best pass blocker, and he wasn't all that productive either. Plus he played for 3 different colleges, which seems odd.

I dunno, he is a super athlete, but I picture him being a bust for some reason. I do think Pioli will give him some thought though, because there's no denying our pass rush needs a lot of help.

pbatrucker
03-31-2010, 10:27 AM
Pioli can't afford a bust. He will go with whoever he feels has the least chance of being a bust and fills a position of need.

Ryfo18
03-31-2010, 11:28 AM
I think Dan Williams is more likely.

pbatrucker
03-31-2010, 11:35 AM
I think Dan Williams is more likely.
I think so too.

bwilliams
03-31-2010, 12:09 PM
I think so too.

Me three.

slimdagreat
03-31-2010, 05:13 PM
IF we take Pierre-Paul at #5 I'm going to murder somebody.

If that's the case, I'd rather they trade down (like they should have last year) and go for Dan Williams

stricken721
03-31-2010, 05:17 PM
All right, so we've seen Okung and Berry as our guy in virtually ALL mock drafts across the land. But this doesn't take into account the Pioli effect. I feel like there is no way Pioli will draft either of these guys and then he'll throw us a curveball we never saw coming.

My question to all of you:
Assuming we do not trade down; Who does Pioli reach for in the draft with our 5th pick?

My Pioli effect pick: Jason Pierre-Paul. The guy is a physical freak, oozing with talent and between him and Hali would scare the bejesus out of opposing qbs.

I think he will stretch it with Rolando McClain or Dez Bryant. Just a hunch..

yashi
03-31-2010, 05:17 PM

If that's the case, I'd rather they trade down (like they should have last year) and go for Dan Williams

For shizzle, though trading out of the top 5 is easier said than done. Top 5 picks get like 30+ million guaranteed.

slimdagreat
03-31-2010, 05:22 PM
For shizzle, though trading out of the top 5 is easier said than done. Top 5 picks get like 30+ million guaranteed.

Buffalo could come calling for the chance to take Clausen just like the Jets last season with Sanchez

DC_Chiefsfan
03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm just saying he's a possibility. Who would have thought Jackson would be our guy last year? JPP is projected in the top 15 and so was Jakson last year when we selected 3rd overall. If I had my pick, I'd go with McClain. And I really don't think he's a reach at #5. He's worth it.

wichitaj
03-31-2010, 07:25 PM

no you wont, because i would have already done it for ya..

whatwasthat?
04-01-2010, 12:27 PM

im sure pioli would like to trade down too...he sure as hell tried last year

KottkeKU
04-01-2010, 09:10 PM
I dont think we will be taking a LT in the top 3 rounds (im hoping for a RT in round 2 though) after watching that Brian Waters Interview... he explains why Brandon Albert undeservedly has "the worst rap of anyone on the team" and i totally agree with him. Its just after the 8 minute mark.... he talks the truth

I see us either taking Berry or Dan Williams. I would be happy with either...

Ryfo18
04-01-2010, 10:23 PM
I dont think we will be taking a LT in the top 3 rounds (im hoping for a RT in round 2 though) after watching that Brian Waters Interview... he explains why Brandon Albert undeservedly has "the worst rap of anyone on the team" and i totally agree with him. Its just after the 8 minute mark.... he talks the truth

I see us either taking Berry or Dan Williams. I would be happy with either...

Can you post this interview?

KottkeKU
04-02-2010, 10:22 PM
There is a link for it in the "BW's comments on BA" thread :)

edit: Whoops, wrong one. Here is the link below...

http://www.chiefscrowd.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=14922&Itemid=2