PDA

View Full Version : Russel Okung in town

stricken721
03-31-2010, 05:07 PM
Russell Okung In Kansas City Today Visiting The Chiefs - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/3/31/1399230/russell-okung-in-kansas-city-today)

Who is for this pick if he's the guy?

stricken721
03-31-2010, 05:32 PM
...and Terrence Cody will have a private workout with Romeo Crennel. :bananen_smilies046:

kcmostwanted
03-31-2010, 05:35 PM
I'm up for it...You can never have to many solid O-line guys.

If he's a Ryan Clady clone ..like many are saying then I guess taking him at 5 wouldn't hurt... Branden Albert is versatile so if Okung wins the LT position BA can always play another position...

Adding Okung would just mean more size and athleticism on the line

honda522
03-31-2010, 05:38 PM
Like I said, I would rather pick a LB instead of a OL in the first.

DC_Chiefsfan
03-31-2010, 05:47 PM
I'm still on the McClain Train!!

stricken721
03-31-2010, 05:49 PM
I'm still on the McClain Train!!

:bananen_smilies046: :bananen_smilies046:

yashi
03-31-2010, 06:39 PM
Okung is still my top choice.

matthewschiefs
03-31-2010, 06:59 PM
He would be a great help to the O line so I hope we can get him. We need the help there for sure.

wichitaj
03-31-2010, 07:18 PM
he's my top pick

josh1971
03-31-2010, 07:23 PM
I'd definitely be ok with Okung.

Basically, if we get Bulaga, Okung, or Berry, I'm good.

chief31
03-31-2010, 08:09 PM
I would be thrilled to see this happen. We have been neglecting our o-line for years and, coincidentally, we have sucked a** for the same number of years.

I feel like we were extremely lucky to have made it through the season with Cassel's career in tact.

We have been trying to play NFL football while allowing our QBs to be beaten like Michael Vick's dogs.

We need to take some initiative in making the QBs job fesible. Get blockers, and give our QB the chance to find recievers.

Make any excuses you want, but Albert has been a piss-poor LOT for two years now. However, I doubt he has lost the ability to be a top-notch OG.

Let's find out.

matthewschiefs
04-01-2010, 12:12 AM
I would be thrilled to see this happen. We have been neglecting our o-line for years and, coincidentally, we have sucked a** for the same number of years.

I feel like we were extremely lucky to have made it through the season with Cassel's career in tact.

We have been trying to play NFL football while allowing our QBs to be beaten like Michael Vick's dogs.

We need to take some initiative in making the QBs job fesible. Get blockers, and give our QB the chance to find recievers.

Make any excuses you want, but Albert has been a piss-poor LOT for two years now. However, I doubt he has lost the ability to be a top-notch OG.

Let's find out.

If he is still there when its the Chiefs turn to pick hes got to be the pick IMO. Yes even over Berry. Its a biger need then safety and would help not only the offense but the defense as well. Seeing that we could see the offense hold on to the ball and not go 3 and out so much. I think hes got to be the pick if he is still there when its the chiefs time to pick.

Seek
04-01-2010, 01:42 PM
I would be very happy. I feel the offensive line is the weakest link by far. The chiefs made some movements to help, but nothing to solidify this line for the future.

Drafting Okung and moving Albert to RT or even a guard is a foundation for a solid line. There is a reason good lineman go faster than safeties in the drafts.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-01-2010, 04:23 PM
Brian Waters: Moving Branden Albert Would Be "Ridiculous" - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/1/1400089/brian-waters-moving-branden-albert)

We will NOT draft Okung at #5. Piloi has never done it and we have a capable and talented LT already. Yes that's right, Albert.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-01-2010, 04:32 PM
Brian Waters: Moving Branden Albert Would Be "Ridiculous" - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/1/1400089/brian-waters-moving-branden-albert)

We will NOT draft Okung at #5. Piloi has never done it and we have a capable and talented LT already. Yes that's right, Albert.

When, exactly, did Pioli run a draft where his team had the 5th overall pick and a franchise QB who couldn't stay on his feet?

bwilliams
04-01-2010, 04:39 PM
When, exactly, did Pioli run a draft where his team had the 5th overall pick and a franchise QB who couldn't stay on his feet?

Seriously. 2000 was Pioli's first with the Pats. The Patriots' first pick in 2000 was RT Adrian Klemm. In 2001, knowing that the Pats needed a LT, they drafted Matt Light in the 2nd round. He's been their LT for a decade. Pioli is perfectly willing to spend high picks on OL when a team needs them. He and Belicheck drafted so well that the Pats didn't often need them.

moshak
04-01-2010, 04:45 PM
We Dont Need A Lt, We Need A Rt. Maybe Someone Like Ducasse In The Second Round. I Like That Idea.

Bike
04-01-2010, 06:52 PM
Seriously. 2000 was Pioli's first with the Pats. The Patriots' first pick in 2000 was RT Adrian Klemm. In 2001, knowing that the Pats needed a LT, they drafted Matt Light in the 2nd round. He's been their LT for a decade. Pioli is perfectly willing to spend high picks on OL when a team needs them. He and Belicheck drafted so well that the Pats didn't often need them.Pioli was there in 2000 - but did he make the pick? Or did Belichick make the pick and Pioli did what he had to do to sign him? Throughout The Belichick/Pioli 20-year partnership, it was Belichick that always hired Pioli - weather it be Cleveland, NY, or NE. Don't get me wrong - it was a great marriage. But we all know who the head of household was. So when it comes to Pioli's draft history and record of success, that really began in 2009 imho. A lot of what he did in NE was signing the players that his boss decided on (and maybe Pioli's input on the prospects signability) during the draft or FA...
That being said, I think Pioli works on the trenches with his 1st pick (Baluga or Dan Williams-Okung probably gone). And I think He'll get us to the superbowl within three years.

Pro_Angler
04-01-2010, 06:55 PM
unless the guy can start day one and be successfull..no way take em at #5 just like POS jackson last year

Bike
04-01-2010, 07:02 PM
unless the guy can start day one and be successfull..no way take em at #5 just like POS jackson last year
Is this sarcasm? Come back 2 years from now after Jacksons tuteladge under Crennel and tell me he's a POS...

bwilliams
04-01-2010, 07:17 PM
Pioli was there in 2000 - but did he make the pick? Or did Belichick make the pick and Pioli did what he had to do to sign him? Throughout The Belichick/Pioli 20-year partnership, it was Belichick that always hired Pioli - weather it be Cleveland, NY, or NE. Don't get me wrong - it was a great marriage. But we all know who the head of household was. So when it comes to Pioli's draft history and record of success, that really began in 2009 imho. A lot of what he did in NE was signing the players that his boss decided on (and maybe Pioli's input on the prospects signability) during the draft or FA...
That being said, I think Pioli works on the trenches with his 1st pick (Baluga or Dan Williams-Okung probably gone). And I think He'll get us to the superbowl within three years.

Sure. I didn't say it was Pioli pulling the trigger. Only that people who say Pioli's history shows we aren't getting a LT are incorrect. Teams in which Pioli's had a part in the decision-making process have gone OT when they've needed to.

And if the Lions don't pick Okung, he drops to #5 (Bucks pick McCoy and Skins pick Clausen). And I think the lure of Suh might just be too great for a guy like Schwartz to pass up.

bwilliams
04-01-2010, 07:19 PM
Is this sarcasm? Come back 2 years from now after Jacksons tuteladge under Crennel and tell me he's a POS...

Hell, look at 2009. Jackson was a 3-4 DE without a real NT. He had a good first year for a 3-4 DE. What did people think he was going to do?

Bike
04-01-2010, 07:21 PM
Sure. I didn't say it was Pioli pulling the trigger. Only that people who say Pioli's history shows we aren't getting a LT are incorrect. Teams in which Pioli's had a part in the decision-making process have gone OT when they've needed to.

And if the Lions don't pick Okung, he drops to #5 (Bucks pick McCoy and Skins pick Clausen). And I think the lure of Suh might just be too great for a guy like Schwartz to pass up.
If Okung is there at 5, theres no doubt in my mind who we take...

Bike
04-01-2010, 07:23 PM
Hell, look at 2009. Jackson was a 3-4 DE without a real NT. He had a good first year for a 3-4 DE. What did people think he was going to do?
Agreed. I think he'll have a great year...

KottkeKU
04-01-2010, 07:55 PM
There is absolutely no way the Washington Redskins pass on Okung... he is the no.1 player on their board i would have to think. Chris Samuels just retired, which leaves an already weak offensive line for WASH even worse...

Plus they have like 100 million dollars invested in Albert Haynesworth alone.... they aren't hurting for a DT, but any team can use one.

I really think Shanarat wants to build the offense first, and try to salvage as much value out of Jason Campbell as he can, being a QB guru and all. Protecting the QB and running the football are what WAS is going to try to be doing... Okung can help them improve in both areas, and he is also the best LT in the draft, thus being excellent value at no.4 overall

DC_Chiefsfan
04-01-2010, 09:24 PM
We have a LT. Albert will solidify his position this season. I see us taking an O-lineman with one of our 2nd round picks, but not #5 overall.

stricken721
04-01-2010, 09:27 PM
We have a LT. Albert will solidify his position this season. I see us taking an O-lineman with one of our 2nd round picks, but not #5 overall.

Vladimir Ducasse at 2a. He can play any position on that line, but he would solidify RT if O'Callaghan can't keep up the pace.

chief31
04-01-2010, 10:27 PM
Isn't Brian Waters the guy who has been telling us hat our o-line is in good condition for each of the past three seasons?

I think he is just sticking up for a friend here, as he always seems to stick up for the o-line, regardless of the talent void.

Albert has been pretty piss-poor at LOT to this point.

But, if it were up to me, I think I would have to see how he does at the position that he once dominated and impressed people at, as opposed to the position that he has been pretty lame at.

pbatrucker
04-02-2010, 05:38 AM
Vladimir Ducasse at 2a. He can play any position on that line, but he would solidify RT if O'Callaghan can't keep up the pace.
From what I saw at the Senior Bowl, Duccase really struggled when they tried him at OT. I doubt that he would start at RT for a couple of years.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-02-2010, 07:14 AM
Albert had a great rookie season, then he had to learn a new playbook (2 weeks before week 1), a different blocking scheme, and play at a new weight all at the most difficult position on the line. He struggled, but pulled it together mid-season. Not just because Charles began to run a muck, but Albert really stepped up his play. And its not all his fault, look how long Cassel holds on to the ball. Matt Light, for example, gave up 7.5 sacks playing with Cassell in 2008. Albert is good, and will prove it this year.

Ducasse would be an excellent pick in round 2. I also like Saffold.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-02-2010, 07:22 AM
Not to mention we played 5 of the top 10 overall defenses.

yashi
04-02-2010, 10:00 AM
Not to mention we played 5 of the top 10 overall defenses.

That seems pretty normal.. about 30% of the teams are top 10 defenses, and 5 games is just under 30% of our games. :D

DC_Chiefsfan
04-02-2010, 11:00 AM
6 games (chargers twice). That's nearly 38% of our games last year against top 10 defenses, of which 5 of those games were against top 7 defenses.

It seems we'll have a slightly easier schedule this year. Combined with a lot of guys under their 2nd season in the "system" and I think we'll see an enormous turnaround from a lot of players, including Albert.

Seek
04-02-2010, 11:51 AM
Albert had a great rookie season, then he had to learn a new playbook (2 weeks before week 1), a different blocking scheme, and play at a new weight all at the most difficult position on the line. He struggled, but pulled it together mid-season. Not just because Charles began to run a muck, but Albert really stepped up his play. And its not all his fault, look how long Cassel holds on to the ball. Matt Light, for example, gave up 7.5 sacks playing with Cassell in 2008. Albert is good, and will prove it this year.

Ducasse would be an excellent pick in round 2. I also like Saffold.

In my opinion, if you have to find multiple excuses to support the lack of production in player. You really don't want him as your LT. It is not time to give up on him, but we can't afford to wait and see at LT.

chief31
04-03-2010, 01:50 AM
In my opinion, if you have to find multiple excuses to support the lack of production in player. You really don't want him as your LT. It is not time to give up on him, but we can't afford to wait and see at LT.

Rep!:D

DC_Chiefsfan
04-03-2010, 07:47 PM

The same could be said for our QB.

wichitaj
04-05-2010, 11:01 PM
Now with the trade of McNabb, he's going to Washington.

We're taking Berry. Hope he's the second coming of Polumolu (sp?)

Chief Tyler
04-06-2010, 10:39 AM
The same could be said for our QB.

or Bowe, DJ, Dorsey, Jackson, Carr, and just about every other player on this team.

Seek
04-06-2010, 01:21 PM
or Bowe, DJ, Dorsey, Jackson, Carr, and just about every other player on this team.

Just about. There is three that come to my mind that are excluded. Succop, J. Charles and Brandon Flowers.

Ryfo18
04-06-2010, 02:28 PM
I really hope that the Lions go with Suh and the Skins take Berry. I would love to have Okung over Bulaga. It seems more and more like the pick is going to be LT.