PDA

View Full Version : Sacks!!!

moshak
03-31-2010, 07:54 PM
I read somwhere that in 2008 Matt Cassell was sacked behind the Patriots offensive line 48 times. The following year with the same offensive line, Brady was sacked ONLY 16 times.

WHAT THE HELL DOES THAT TELL YOU?

chief31
03-31-2010, 08:01 PM
I read somwhere that in 2008 Matt Cassell was sacked behind the Patriots offensive line 48 times. The following year with the same offensive line, Brady was sacked ONLY 16 times.

That as a first time starter in The NFL Cassel struggled to get comfortable in the pocket, and wound up holding the ball too long, too often.

Was there supposed to be something more?

stricken721
03-31-2010, 08:01 PM

They like Brady better.

SalinaChiefsFan
03-31-2010, 09:32 PM

The fail is strong with this one.

AussieChiefsFan
03-31-2010, 10:13 PM

But Tom brady is one of the best Qb's of all time!

Chief Tyler
03-31-2010, 10:43 PM
Go back to when Brady was just starting for New England in 2001 and his totals were near what Matt Cassel's are. They dropped significantly over his career with 2009 being his best year. Sounds more like a maturity issue, nice try though.

hometeam
03-31-2010, 11:23 PM
This has been said again and again. Cassel doesnt know how to get rid of the ball, this is nothing new.

honda522
03-31-2010, 11:36 PM
Tells me that your a little late to state this fact.

He likes to take sacks rather than to throw the ball away. He just needs a bit more coaching from Charlie Wiess; the man.

matthewschiefs
04-01-2010, 12:09 AM
Thats the one thing I do worry about with Cassle he does tend to hold on to the ball to long trying to make a play. I hope he can cut that habit out or he is going to take a beating no matter how good the O line is.

NWA Chief
04-01-2010, 12:53 AM
He will have an actual OC to tell him things he needs to do better and I've noticed it's not all our OL. QB holding the ball too long was a big problem. It's up to Cassel to change it thus helping our offense.

SAPHOJUNKIE
04-01-2010, 10:39 AM

It tells me two things.

1. Cassel is not as good as first ballot hall of famer Tom Brady, nor did he get rid of the ball fast enough.

2. When Tom Brady came back from injury, he wasn't throwing the deep route, and he was getting the ball out quicker. His line probably also played their balls off to make sure he got hit as little as possible.

Chiefster
04-01-2010, 09:41 PM
That as a first time starter in The NFL Cassel struggled to get comfortable in the pocket, and wound up holding the ball too long, too often.

Was there supposed to be something more?

My thoughts as well.