PDA

View Full Version : Browns DL Shaun Rogers arrested for airport gun possession

Ryfo18
04-01-2010, 02:38 PM
What the heck was he thinking? From Rotoworld.com:

"Browns DL Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday for gun possession at Hopkins airport in Cleveland.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer confirms, so it's not an April Fool's attempt. Rogers was preparing to board a plane when officers discovered the loaded weapon in his carry-on bag. Rogers told the officers that he forgotten the gun was there. We're assuming he was not planning to use the gun on the plane, but that leaves unexplained why he was carrying a loaded weapon in the first place."

bwilliams
04-01-2010, 02:40 PM

"Browns DL Shaun Rogers was arrested Thursday for gun possession at Hopkins airport in Cleveland.
The Cleveland Plain Dealer confirms, so it's not an April Fool's attempt. Rogers was preparing to board a plane when officers discovered the loaded weapon in his carry-on bag. Rogers told the officers that he forgotten the gun was there. We're assuming he was not planning to use the gun on the plane, but that leaves unexplained why he was carrying a loaded weapon in the first place."

He probably just forgot. Happened to Barry Switzer too if I remember correctly.

stricken721
04-01-2010, 02:42 PM
I guess he's never been to an airport. :sign0104:

matthewschiefs
04-01-2010, 03:35 PM
WOW ummm smart guy he is.

Canada
04-01-2010, 03:40 PM
He probably just forgot. Happened to Barry Switzer too if I remember correctly.

You gotta be a real idiot to "forget" that you have a loaded gun in your carry on bag.

bwilliams
04-01-2010, 04:43 PM
You gotta be a real idiot to "forget" that you have a loaded gun in your carry on bag.

Shaun Rogers is a 350 lb. NT who has been hit in the head for the past couple decades. No one's going to confuse him with a rocket scientist.

The guy probably flies at least a couple of times a week. He forgot he had a gun, or he forgot to check it. It's not a big deal.

Canada
04-01-2010, 07:35 PM
Shaun Rogers is a 350 lb. NT who has been hit in the head for the past couple decades. No one's going to confuse him with a rocket scientist.

The guy probably flies at least a couple of times a week. He forgot he had a gun, or he forgot to check it. It's not a big deal.

I have smoked pot for the last 21 years and some may say Im no rocket scientist, but when I go to the airport, I make damn sure there is no weed in my carry on.

stricken721
04-01-2010, 09:19 PM
I have smoked pot for the last 21 years and some may say Im no rocket scientist, but when I go to the airport, I make damn sure there is no weed in my carry on.

You're no rocket scientist!

A beer scientist.. YES!

Chiefster
04-01-2010, 09:28 PM

...This!

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 02:52 AM

The first problem I have with this is why was the gun loaded to begin with? That in itself is being a negligent & irresponsible gun owner IMO.

Secondly, I have a problem with his negligence not knowing the location of his gun. If he's so forgetful (or dense)...that he doesn't know where his gun is, especially when loaded...then he shouldn't be allowed to carry a gun in the first place.

I understand all too well, that mistakes happen, and there are times in life we become stressed, preoccupied, rushed...but to forget about having a loaded gun, or not even knowing where your gun is at...is unexcusable.

My mind has been very preoccupied, stressed, & overwhelmed at times during the last year with many life changes & transition occurring at once. I use to never be forgetful, disorganized in thought, nor unable to remain focused...but I have often become such in the last year. Still, I don't forget where my gun is at, and I sure as heck don't forget to unload it, or leave the magazine in if I've no justified reason for keeping it loaded. It's simply a matter of habitually being responsible as a gun owner knowing the location of ones gun, and whether or not it's loaded.

All that explained...I've owned a 9MM semi automatic Ruger for security purposes the last 10 yrs or so. I live in the country...my neighbors are rattlesnakes, bobcats, mountain lions, etc.. As well, rural crime is the fastest growing crime in America second only to internet crime...my county is rated #2 for the fastest growing rural crime rate in Kansas. My gun is a necessary & justified friend, serious biz.

:lol:

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2010, 05:00 AM

Probably wasn't thinking much by the looks of it.

He probably just forgot. Happened to Barry Switzer too if I remember correctly.That he had a GUN in his luggage. Why would he have had a gun anyway?

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 10:19 PM
Probably wasn't thinking much by the looks of it.
That he had a GUN in his luggage. Why would he have had a gun anyway?

Many people have permits to carry guns, if it's legal in their state, some can carry concealed weapons with a permit. Most I know who travel with guns do so for protection. It's not unusual for celebrities to carry guns, since there have been attacks against celebrities that have ended in loss of life. IE: John Lennon, Dimebag, etc..

Chiefster
04-03-2010, 02:45 AM
REALLY!!!! The guy doesn't know any better then to bring a loaded weapon to the airport???

bwilliams
04-03-2010, 06:02 PM
REALLY!!!! The guy doesn't know any better then to bring a loaded weapon to the airport???

You do know that it's legal to bring a weapon to an airport. You just have to check it when you arrive. Rogers probably forgot to check the weapon.

Connie Jo
04-03-2010, 11:24 PM
It's legal to bring a "loaded" gun into an airport? If so, with or without a permit? Seriously, I don't know the answer, as I'm not a frequent flyer. That said, I just can't imagine it's legal for any person to bring a loaded gun into an airport...considering many factors, including terrorism and hostage situations, etc.. Can you imagine the number of people during a peak flying time, such as a major holiday...of which would be potential victims for a sniper, mad person, terrorism, etc..

Chiefster
04-04-2010, 12:38 AM
It's legal to bring a "loaded" gun into an airport? If so, with or without a permit? Seriously, I don't know the answer, as I'm not a frequent flyer. That said, I just can't imagine it's legal for any person to bring a loaded gun into an airport...considering many factors, including terrorism and hostage situations, etc.. Can you imagine the number of people during a peak flying time, such as a major holiday...of which would be potential victims for a sniper, mad person, terrorism, etc..

...This; I, too, was unaware.

Chiefster
04-04-2010, 12:42 AM
You do know that it's legal to bring a weapon to an airport. You just have to check it when you arrive. Rogers probably forgot to check the weapon.

The legality of the issue aside; the guy brings a loaded firearm to the airport??? Unless he's a federal air marshal that is truly an idiotic move IMO.

Connie Jo
04-04-2010, 02:01 AM
I agree Chiefster...dumb!...negligent too!

I also just can't imagine forgetting you had a loaded gun entering an airport, hahaha. Heck, if I attempted to take my gun to an airport I'd be a nervous wreck thinking I'd get in some serious trouble! I'd not be thinking about anything but my bringing a gun to the airport...even with it not loaded.

Canada
04-04-2010, 09:01 AM
You guys really didn't know you can't bring a loaded gun into an airport? You can't pack toothpaste or a bottle f water in your carry on, whywould you be allowed to bring a gun?

GlennBree
04-04-2010, 11:00 AM
Thats crazy. I just can't imagine what he was thinking when it went into the bag. Unless he's been hauling it around with him everywhere and had forgot about it. Which, if THAT is the case, that's kinda scary too!! :)

Connie Jo
04-04-2010, 10:39 PM

You guys really didn't know you can't bring a loaded gun into an airport? You can't pack toothpaste or a bottle f water in your carry on, whywould you be allowed to bring a gun?

No, I don't know the law, but assumed it would be illegal to bring a loaded gun into an airport, regardless of checking it when arriving...as bwilliams stated in the quote above it was legal to bring a weapon, as long as checking it in upon arrival.

Heck, I've only flown twice in my entire life, the last time being 1992! I don't have a clue what's legal or not these days, especially with all the changes in law following 9-11-01. That said, common sense tells me bringing a loaded gun into an airport is illegal, checking it in or not.