PDA

View Full Version : BW's comments on BA

pbatrucker
04-02-2010, 07:47 AM
Brian Waters: Moving Branden Albert Would Be "Ridiculous" - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/1/1400089/brian-waters-moving-branden-albert)

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2010, 07:53 AM
Which leads to my agument; Drafting Eric Berry becasue Safety is the most desperate position on the team right now and he will probably be a long term solution!

toyotapower
04-02-2010, 08:18 AM
i agree with him 100%. look at the second half of the season, the offensive line play was much improved. its amazing what a running back who's not satisfied with 3 yards per carry can do for the team.

if anything i thought our biggest needs on the line were center and RG...... and we addressed those already. lets start thinking defense

yashi
04-02-2010, 10:44 AM
I think at this point, I think we should draft Berry and if we take an OT it should be by trading back into the 1st round and taking Anthony Davis or Charles Brown.

honda522
04-02-2010, 11:03 AM
Sorry Mr. Waters. I don't trust your judgement on this. I don't think Albert is a left tackle.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-02-2010, 11:22 AM
What else is Waters going to say? He knows as well as everyone else that Albert sucked last year! In fact, Waters sucked last year too!!! I said it before that I am a big fan of Brian Waters off the field. He has done so many great things in the community and is very generous with his time. However, he struggled big time last year along with Albert. I believe they will at least look at Albert somewhere else if he has not improved DRAMATICALLY by the time the season starts. As for Waters, he better worry about himself and the job he needs to be doing or he may find his butt on the bench in a back up roll depending on how the draft goes. JMO

KCINNYC
04-02-2010, 12:03 PM
I have to say too perhaps Waters is worried he is going to lose his job to Albert...

Seek
04-02-2010, 03:08 PM
I have to say too perhaps Waters is worried he is going to lose his job to Albert...

Ding Ding Ding. Here is the winner. Waters has steadily decreased since Roaf has left. He is becoming a liablitly.

Waters is always opening his mouth to defend the line, but his play and the play of the line recently has backed up his optomism or critisim of those he getting defensive with.

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2010, 07:48 PM
i agree with him 100%. look at the second half of the season, the offensive line play was much improved. its amazing what a running back who's not satisfied with 3 yards per carry can do for the team.

if anything i thought our biggest needs on the line were center and RG...... and we addressed those already. lets start thinking defense
:bananen_smilies046:

KottkeKU
04-02-2010, 08:34 PM
I agree w/ Brian Waters

100 %

Albert is a very capable LT, it's difficult when you have to learn a new playbook every year, switching through QB's every year, no running game, bad WR's, and no help w/ other offensive linemen

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2010, 08:52 PM
I agree w/ Brian Waters

100 %

Albert is a very capable LT, it's difficult when you have to learn a new playbook every year, switching through QB's every year, no running game, bad WR's, and no help w/ other offensive linemen
not anymore.

Seek
04-03-2010, 10:00 PM
I agree w/ Brian Waters

100 %

Seriously guys. The play book for an offensive lineman isn't that complicated. It is the same stuff they have seen since high school. Plain and simple he was getting beat.

pbatrucker
04-04-2010, 01:36 AM
Seriously guys. The play book for an offensive lineman isn't that complicated. It is the same stuff they have seen since high school. Plain and simple he was getting beat.
Really!! I think you would be surprised at difference between blocking schemes and even different coaches.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-04-2010, 08:49 AM

naive

Chiefster
04-05-2010, 01:17 AM

I think my nineteen year old would disagree with you here. He would tell you that the difference just between high school and JUCO is nearly infinite.

chief31
04-05-2010, 02:36 AM
I think my nineteen year old would disagree with you here. He would tell you that the difference just between high school and JUCO is nearly infinite.

There is a pretty limited amount of assignments for o-linemen as compared to most other positions.

Most changes in assignment will be dictated after the whistle, based on which defender is where.

Seek
04-05-2010, 01:16 PM
Really!! I think you would be surprised at difference between blocking schemes and even different coaches.

Obviously I can not speak for the NFL level, or even Division 1 college ball, but it wasn't that difficult for me going from High school to college and I was moved from Tackle, to guard to center back to center in college and finished at guard. I think I experienced a bunch in my 7 years. Yes, just seven years. I was moved to Guard in college because I was exceptional at pulling. I struggled as a pulling center. The biggest problem for me, was adjusting to a stunt when I was trapping a gap. Sometimes, the guy I was supposed to block wasn't there, so who do I search out. In my opininon this required the most study as the blocking schemes were complex when pulling.

I did not play LT so I can not speak for LT. Center was the most difficult in my opinion, but that was about technique and having a guy trying to cave in my face as I am worried about getting the snap off okay.

So as Naive as I you all may think I am. My personal experience says different. I would have to think a player as good and as experienced as an NFL player is paid to be These type of ajustments should be natural to them by now. If they can't handle it. Maybe they shouldn't be in the NFL.

All I am saying is that people are making excuses for players and ignoring reality. They guy struggled and was often just beat straight up. But you can blame the scheme, the Coach, losing weight, or what ever...

I am tired of losing, and I am tired of excuses. Do or Do not....

Seek
04-05-2010, 01:19 PM

I am guessing the real difference he is seeing, is the difference in talent and expectations of the coach. I am guessing the actual responsibility is the same, but executing those responsibilities are a little more complicated because of the talent he is facing.

Fansincebirth
04-05-2010, 03:23 PM
Obviously I can not speak for the NFL level, or even Division 1 college ball, but it wasn't that difficult for me going from High school to college and I was moved from Tackle, to guard to center back to center in college and finished at guard. I think I experienced a bunch in my 7 years. Yes, just seven years. I was moved to Guard in college because I was exceptional at pulling. I struggled as a pulling center. The biggest problem for me, was adjusting to a stunt when I was trapping a gap. Sometimes, the guy I was supposed to block wasn't there, so who do I search out. In my opininon this required the most study as the blocking schemes were complex when pulling.

I did not play LT so I can not speak for LT. Center was the most difficult in my opinion, but that was about technique and having a guy trying to cave in my face as I am worried about getting the snap off okay.

So as Naive as I you all may think I am. My personal experience says different. I would have to think a player as good and as experienced as an NFL player is paid to be These type of ajustments should be natural to them by now. If they can't handle it. Maybe they shouldn't be in the NFL.

All I am saying is that people are making excuses for players and ignoring reality. They guy struggled and was often just beat straight up. But you can blame the scheme, the Coach, losing weight, or what ever...

I am tired of losing, and I am tired of excuses. Do or Do not....
It was really nice of your HS and College coaches to keep searching for a position you could play. Too bad they couldn't, mayby you could have went to the NFL and seen one of those playbooks and not be guessing like the rest of us. LOL
Calm down dude. All they are saying is that things are constantly changing. Yes he has to keep up. Albert did a great job the last half of the season against some great talent. For that matter he played better than Waters. But I dont hear anyone wanting to give him the boot. Peace and Love baby - Peace and Love

Drunker Hillbilly
04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
It was really nice of your HS and College coaches to keep searching for a position you could play. Too bad they couldn't, mayby you could have went to the NFL and seen one of those playbooks and not be guessing like the rest of us. LOL
Calm down dude. All they are saying is that things are constantly changing. Yes he has to keep up. Albert did a great job the last half of the season against some great talent. For that matter he played better than Waters. But I dont hear anyone wanting to give him the boot. Peace and Love baby - Peace and Love
Let's put it this way, I would not lose any sleep if he were on the bench or was to go to another team. Not impressed. This year will seal his fate one way or another.

Seek
04-05-2010, 05:51 PM

Being the leading tackle in the NFL to be called for holds and still giving up 8 sacks isn't playing well at LT and not acceptable. And then comparing him to Wates, who also lead the NFL in hodling penalties for Guards isn't much to measure up to.

If you guys are okay with the excuses and sitting pat. That is fine, but I have never personally seen a player struggle on the Chiefs like Albert is and then turn it around at that same position like you all are wanting. The only person I could say that came close was Kawika Mitchell.

In my opinion Albert is a foundation for this offensive line, it just isn't at LT.