PDA

View Full Version : Storm!

honda522
04-02-2010, 11:26 AM
So it has been kinda gloomy since I got up. Anyways I went to school, and we got out early. I can home and it started raining like I thought it would. About 5 mins after I got home the storm really it. My mom, at work text me and told me to close the windows. At that time I close them and started to walk upstairs I was looking out the front door and there it was.

It was like a wall of rain heading from the west super fast. I mean FAST. I saw it from about a mile away and within seconds it blew past my house. As soon as that happened I ran toward my room and grabbed my camera. Posted up at the front door, but the rain on the glass made it go out of focus cause it was focusing on the rain drops.

Seconds later I heard a crash from the back. I whipped around and the dam grill had went flying across the deck and into the door. I am suprised it didn't break the glass in the door. Now that grill is pretty dam heavy.

I estimated the winds were going at about 50 MPH. I opened the back door and almost couldn't get it shut. The back door faces the west, a direct hit from the wind.

I wish I could of got better video of it. Just as fast as it happpend its now gone.

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2010, 07:52 PM
So it has been kinda gloomy since I got up. Anyways I went to school, and we got out early. I can home and it started raining like I thought it would. About 5 mins after I got home the storm really it. My mom, at work text me and told me to close the windows. At that time I close them and started to walk upstairs I was looking out the front door and there it was.

It was like a wall of rain heading from the west super fast. I mean FAST. I saw it from about a mile away and within seconds it blew past my house. As soon as that happened I ran toward my room and grabbed my camera. Posted up at the front door, but the rain on the glass made it go out of focus cause it was focusing on the rain drops.

Seconds later I heard a crash from the back. I whipped around and the dam grill had went flying across the deck and into the door. I am suprised it didn't break the glass in the door. Now that grill is pretty dam heavy.

I estimated the winds were going at about 50 MPH. I opened the back door and almost couldn't get it shut. The back door faces the west, a direct hit from the wind.

I wish I could of got better video of it. Just as fast as it happpend its now gone.
Wow that's amazing! Are you gonna upload the video to youtube?

honda522
04-02-2010, 09:41 PM
Its not even worth it. Video was crap.

I heard from people at work Winds reached 70, 80 MPH.

AussieChiefsFan
04-02-2010, 10:00 PM

Wow that's fast!

Connie Jo
04-02-2010, 10:04 PM

Yeah, not sure how heavy your grill is, but if it's an average size grill...50 mph winds likely wouldn't have blown your grill over...I was guessing more like 70-80 to blow a grill over. Happy to hear you're all right though. :)

Could have been straight line winds, but with your describing a wall cloud with rain...gotta wonder if a small tornado was behind the wall cloud. Often you can't see them with the wall cloud & rain, especially if small.