PDA

View Full Version : Who do you guys take at 5?

PhinsRock
04-04-2010, 07:30 PM
1.St. Louis (1-15) – Sam Bradford, QB, Oklahoma
2.Detroit (2-14) – Ndamukong Suh, DT, Nebraska
3.Tampa Bay (3-13) – Gerald McCoy, DT, Oklahoma
4.Washington (4-12) – Russell Okung, OT, Oklahoma St.
5.Kansas City (4-12) – ?

(Assuming you guys stay at 5). Right now, I have you guys slated as taking Rolando McClain. As great of a player as Berry is, McClain fits your system so well, and you guys know better than me how much of a system guy Pioli is.

You guys reserve the right to change my opinion though;).

Thanks!!

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 07:56 PM
I saw Dan Williams, but would rather trade down to get him. I'll still take him at 5 though.

slimdagreat
04-04-2010, 08:24 PM
5 is waay too high for Williams, we already reached on a DL last season.

I still maintain Berry is the best choice, but Bulaga WILL be the choice

pbatrucker
04-04-2010, 08:30 PM
I don't see Pioli drafting someone who would end up playing RT for us at 5.

honda522
04-04-2010, 09:04 PM
I don't think Pioli is going to pick up a safety. So I think we probably are better off getting Baluga.

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 09:18 PM
We're almost certainly going to trade down. We'll pick Baluga (a LT, not a RT) if we stay at #5.

Bike
04-04-2010, 09:57 PM
We're almost certainly going to trade down. We'll pick Baluga (a LT, not a RT) if we stay at #5.
Can't trade down without a partner. We would had traded down last year if we could had. I voted Bulaga also.

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 09:59 PM
Can't trade down without a partner. We would had traded down last year if we could had. I voted Bulaga also.

My bet? Buffalo trades up to #5 to get Clausen.

AussieChiefsFan
04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Take a look at the votes. Who do the fans want? Eric Berry!

DC_Chiefsfan
04-04-2010, 10:12 PM
Bulaga is a LT, but would play RT for us. We will almost assuredly use our 1st round pick (whenever it may be) on a defensive player. I would bet money on DL or LB. IF we draft offense, it will be a playmaker like Dez Bryant.

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 10:17 PM
My bet? Buffalo trades up to #5 to get Clausen.

That would be stupid though. There isn't really anyone in front of them that will take Clausen. I'm guessing they pass on him, his stock dropped quite a bit in the last week.

AussieChiefsFan
04-04-2010, 10:36 PM
Bulaga is a LT, but would play RT for us. We will almost assuredly use our 1st round pick (whenever it may be) on a defensive player. I would bet money on DL or LB. IF we draft offense, it will be a playmaker like Dez Bryant.
Personally I'm a little frustrated with all the D Lineman being taken in the top 5! It's happened for the past 2 drafts, and it hasn't payed off amazingly either. Dont get me wrong I think Dorsey and Jackson are good player, but not good enough to be taken in the top 5!

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 10:40 PM

No, he wouldn't. If we pick Baluga, we shift Albert over to RT and put Baluga at LT.

honda522
04-04-2010, 10:41 PM
Why would he play RT when he is a left. That doesn't make sense. We would move Albert someone else. Albert isn't quite the LT were looking for.

AussieChiefsFan
04-04-2010, 10:42 PM
No, he wouldn't. If we pick Baluga, we shift Albert over to RT and put Baluga at LT.
Brian waters seems to think that Albert is good where he is.

Bike
04-04-2010, 10:54 PM
That would be stupid though. There isn't really anyone in front of them that will take Clausen. I'm guessing they pass on him, his stock dropped quite a bit in the last week.
Agreed. Also I don't see a small market team in a sh!t economy trading up. Not to mention Chan Gailey's remarkable ability to adapt to the players he has (Thigpen). I think he sticks with Fitzpatrick and Edwards...

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 10:57 PM
Agreed. Also I don't see a small market team in a sh!t economy trading up. Not to mention Chan Gailey's remarkable ability to adapt to the players he has (Thigpen). I think he sticks with Fitzpatrick and Edwards...

That or hope for Tebow in round 2.

Bike
04-04-2010, 10:59 PM
Unfortunately for Waters - its not his decision!

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 11:29 PM

Waters has been claiming that our OL's great for the past three seasons. He's a great teammate. But he's wrong. Albert needs to be moved pronto. And frankly, he should be moved inside to LG or RG.

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 11:32 PM

Um, Cleveland at #7? They need a QBOTF, as Delhomme is a one year/two year band-aid, not a long term starter. If Clausen drops to #7, I'd be shocked if the Browns pass on him.

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 11:34 PM
Um, Cleveland at #7? They need a QBOTF, as Delhomme is a one year/two year band-aid, not a long term starter. If Clausen drops to #7, I'd be shocked if the Browns pass on him.

Not saying it's not possible, could be him "tricking" other GMs, but it seems very unlikely:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/mike-holmgren-is-latest-to-say.html

bwilliams
04-04-2010, 11:38 PM
Not saying it's not possible, could be him "tricking" other GMs, but it seems very unlikely:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/mike-holmgren-is-latest-to-say.html

Yeah, I saw that too. I think Holmgren is way too savvy a guy to show his cards this early. I think its a smokescreen for his legitimate interest in him.

Bike
04-04-2010, 11:40 PM
Holmgrem is a fool for paying Delhomme 7 mil. He sucked as a gm in Seattle also. Shouda stuck to coaching. Oh, well. He'll assure Clevelands continued demise...

Ryfo18
04-04-2010, 11:42 PM
Yeah, I saw that too. I think Holmgren is way too savvy a guy to show his cards this early. I think its a smokescreen for his legitimate interest in him.

I'm more saying that I don't think Buffalo is set on Clausen, I see it less likely that they trade up for him, let alone take him at 9. If the Browns were to take him, I don't think Buffalo is terribly upset. They are kind of like the Chiefs, they can benefit from a lot of players. I also wouldn't be surprised if Campbell draws some interest from teams, but it's still to be seen if the Redskins will part with him. He's a pretty legitimate QB in my opinion though.

bwilliams
04-05-2010, 12:08 AM
I'm more saying that I don't think Buffalo is set on Clausen, I see it less likely that they trade up for him, let alone take him at 9. If the Browns were to take him, I don't think Buffalo is terribly upset. They are kind of like the Chiefs, they can benefit from a lot of players. I also wouldn't be surprised if Campbell draws some interest from teams, but it's still to be seen if the Redskins will part with him. He's a pretty legitimate QB in my opinion though.

Good points. I guess the reason I keep thinking Buffalo is that Buffalo has two gigantic problems most franchises don't - they're losing money and they're losing their fanbase. A big name rookie QB would help with the 2nd, which would help with the 1st.

bwilliams
04-05-2010, 12:14 AM
Holmgrem is a fool for paying Delhomme 7 mil. He sucked as a gm in Seattle also. Shouda stuck to coaching. Oh, well. He'll assure Clevelands continued demise...

Eh, the Delhomme move isn't that bad. Sure he's older and INT-prone. But he's a fantastic locker room guy (his Panthers coaches were crying after they cut him!) and a decent bridge to the next generation. It's a lot like Pennington with the Dolphins - they may be overpaying a bit, but it'll help in both the long and short terms.

Ryfo18
04-05-2010, 12:17 AM
Good points. I guess the reason I keep thinking Buffalo is that Buffalo has two gigantic problems most franchises don't - they're losing money and they're losing their fanbase. A big name rookie QB would help with the 2nd, which would help with the 1st.

I would love for them to trade up with the Chiefs though! We'd be able to acquire an extra pick at the least and still get Baluga or D. Williams at 9. Highway robbery if you ask me :punk:

jtandcrew
04-05-2010, 12:30 AM
I voted for Berry if he is there! Although, I would rather trade down and let Pioli do his magic with more draft picks. I think we could fill alot of holes in this draft. You all have to remember overall we are a young team. We load up in this draft no telling what happens next year! :chiefs:

Bike
04-05-2010, 12:48 AM
Eh, the Delhomme move isn't that bad. Sure he's older and INT-prone. But he's a fantastic locker room guy (his Panthers coaches were crying after they cut him!) and a decent bridge to the next generation. It's a lot like Pennington with the Dolphins - they may be overpaying a bit, but it'll help in both the long and short terms. 7 mil way too much though for a fantastic locker room guy. At some point they will need to get someone who can win some games...

Chiefster
04-05-2010, 12:59 AM
Berry and McClain are the only two names I'm familiar with.

stricken721
04-05-2010, 01:33 AM
I have a feeling we draft Joe Montainyuh this year.

bwilliams
04-05-2010, 01:42 AM
7 mil way too much though for a fantastic locker room guy. At some point they will need to get someone who can win some games...

Which is why I think they draft Clausen if he drops to #7!

chief31
04-05-2010, 02:38 AM

Yeah, I don't trust his judgement. He has been telling us for years that the o-line was going to be good.

I like that he "sticks up for his teammates". But it doesn't give me any confidence in his assessments.

AussieChiefsFan
04-05-2010, 03:10 AM
Yeah, I don't trust his judgement. He has been telling us for years that the o-line was going to be good.

I like that he "sticks up for his teammates". But it doesn't give me any confidence in his assessments.
Yeah in my opinion I think he's just sticking up for his team mates.

NWA Chief
04-05-2010, 03:30 PM
I can understand everyone not caring that Brian Waters feels Albert is a LT, but listen to what he says

If we draft a LT and move Albert to RT, that's like starting 2 rookies because RT in the NFL is different than that of playing RT against Georgia Tech or North Carolina.

I voted for Eric Berry but I think it depends on what Pioli feels is the best value. He has his scouts this time around so I'm hoping for anyone but a DL in the 1st round.

bwilliams
04-05-2010, 03:34 PM
If we draft a LT and move Albert to RT, that's like starting 2 rookies because RT in the NFL is different than that of playing RT against Georgia Tech or North Carolina.

I like to think that we'd be upgrading two positions with one pick by drafting a new LT and moving Albert to RT.

Fansincebirth
04-05-2010, 03:52 PM
If we drafted a LT they would move Albert to a Guard position. Which would make our line better. But why spend LT money on a Guard problem. Trade down to 10th or farther IF Possable. Take Iupoti, still fix the problem and spend #10 guard money instead of a #5 left tackle money. The reason noone realises how well Albert was playing the last half of last year is because when they watched the game their eyes were glued on Charles.

pbatrucker
04-05-2010, 04:29 PM
IMO it's been established that RT is now the weakest link on the OL.

slimdagreat
04-05-2010, 05:02 PM
IMO it's been established that RT is now the weakest link on the OL.

That and safety. At least at OL we have some good players.

BOTH of our safeties stink

PhinsRock
04-05-2010, 05:15 PM
Thanks for the input guys!!

Berry is a heck of a player, but some of you said, the Chiefs were so bad along the front 7 and against the run, can they really take a safety at 5?

DC_Chiefsfan
04-05-2010, 05:32 PM
Why would he play RT when he is a left. That doesn't make sense. We would move Albert someone else. Albert isn't quite the LT were looking for.

Why would Albert play RT when he is a LT? Albert already has a year of the system under his belt and did VERY well the last half of the season once he got it. With this entire off-season to work on his technique he will be a beast next year, mark my words.

If we move Albert and replace him with a new LT then we will have 4 starting lineman learning a new system/position next year. That is what doesn't make sense.

Chieffaninfl
04-05-2010, 07:53 PM
I say we take Tebow at 5!!!! Just kidding, I believe we will take Baluga. But Id take Tebow with one of our seconds if hes still available!!

matthewschiefs
04-05-2010, 09:12 PM
I say we take Tebow at 5!!!! Just kidding, I believe we will take Baluga. But Id take Tebow with one of our seconds if hes still available!!

I would address all the other needs before I even thought about takeing on a project QB. I don't think we even consider takeing him.

70 chiefsfan70
04-05-2010, 09:59 PM
Take a look at the votes. Who do the fans want? Eric Berry!

Yep!!!!!!!! BERRY, BERRY,BERRY!!!!!!!!:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo:

If Clausen is still there at the #5 spot,I think we will do better trading for a couple extra picks.

honda522
04-05-2010, 10:01 PM
Why would Albert play RT when he is a LT? Albert already has a year of the system under his belt and did VERY well the last half of the season once he got it. With this entire off-season to work on his technique he will be a beast next year, mark my words.

If we move Albert and replace him with a new LT then we will have 4 starting lineman learning a new system/position next year. That is what doesn't make sense.
Albert was a guard. We really should should move him back there, but he needs to not be an LT, its going to be hard for him like it was last year.

Chief Tyler
04-05-2010, 10:39 PM
Albert was a guard. We really should should move him back there, but he needs to not be an LT, its going to be hard for him like it was last year.

Brian Waters begs to differ. :)

Oh, and I voted for Dan Williams. I'm officially on the draft Williams, trade up for Charles Brown and hopefully trade down for an extra pick or two train.

chief31
04-05-2010, 10:47 PM
If we drafted a LT they would move Albert to a Guard position. Which would make our line better. But why spend LT money on a Guard problem. Trade down to 10th or farther IF Possable. Take Iupoti, still fix the problem and spend #10 guard money instead of a #5 left tackle money. The reason noone realises how well Albert was playing the last half of last year is because when they watched the game their eyes were glued on Charles.

You're not "spending LT money on a Guard position". You're spending on a LOT + OG positions.

Albert has been a piss-poor LOT for two years now, regardless of rather or not he was serviceable for a couple of games at the end of the season... again.

It's all about how much trust the staff has in Albert's ability to play LOT at a much higher level than he has so far.

If they believe that he is a whole lot better than he has shown, then they won't draft a LOT at #5.

But, even if they believe that he will be "good enough", or "servicable" at LOT, then it would be a great idea to draft a guy to challenge, with the hopes of getting someone who can really be a "good" LOT and still gain the highest ranked OG entering the draft two years ago.

Why would he play LOT when he is a OG?

Better to get the players in their best positions now, than to make-do with their half-assed abilities for several years to come.

honda522
04-05-2010, 11:36 PM
Brian Waters begs to differ. :)

Oh, and I voted for Dan Williams. I'm officially on the draft Williams, trade up for Charles Brown and hopefully trade down for an extra pick or two train.
At this point, no one should care what Brian Waters thinks or says.

His credibilty is not were it should be and he hasn't preformed like a probowler since 2007.

He needs to step up his game.

texaschief
04-05-2010, 11:46 PM
Albert is going to be fine if they leave him at LT. He was a rookie two years ago, re-learning the LT position and his first NFL offensive system. Last year, he lost a ton of weight, was forced to focus on technique and had to learn an ENTIRELY NEW offensive system ONE FULL WEEK before the season started. He had a rough first half of the season as would ANY 2nd year player put in the same position. He had a MUCH better 2nd half of the season and a lot of it was credit to Albert himself and not a result of any external factors. It took a few games to learn a new system and to hold a HORRIBLE coaching decision over his head is ludicrous. Branden Albert is the Kansas City Chiefs' LT of the present and of the future. The reason the franchise won't show their commitment to him is because Pioli and Haley don't want to tip their hat to what they will and won't be looking for on draft day. Quite frankly, it's working because its got all of you and the so-called experts believing we need a new LT. You can rest assured that the Chiefs will NOT be taking an offensive lineman with their pick in the first round.

The Chiefs WOULD like another play-maker in the secondary but they aren't drafting Berry at #5. With Jarrad Page coming back healthy, the Chiefs won't be in need of another FREE safety. They need a STRONG safety. Those can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If it were MY decision, I wouldn't take McClain at #5 for health reasons I've expressed in other posts. However, if those matters don't concern Pioli as much as they do me, I think the decision is between the ILB McClain and NT Dan Williams. If the D-line is suppose to be the foundation of your defense, you have to believe one build entirely of overall top 5 picks will be the envy of the league. However, a born leader like McClain doesn't come around often. I think Williams will be the pick.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-06-2010, 10:13 AM
Albert is going to be fine if they leave him at LT. He was a rookie two years ago, re-learning the LT position and his first NFL offensive system. Last year, he lost a ton of weight, was forced to focus on technique and had to learn an ENTIRELY NEW offensive system ONE FULL WEEK before the season started. He had a rough first half of the season as would ANY 2nd year player put in the same position. He had a MUCH better 2nd half of the season and a lot of it was credit to Albert himself and not a result of any external factors. It took a few games to learn a new system and to hold a HORRIBLE coaching decision over his head is ludicrous. Branden Albert is the Kansas City Chiefs' LT of the present and of the future. The reason the franchise won't show their commitment to him is because Pioli and Haley don't want to tip their hat to what they will and won't be looking for on draft day. Quite frankly, it's working because its got all of you and the so-called experts believing we need a new LT. You can rest assured that the Chiefs will NOT be taking an offensive lineman with their pick in the first round.

The Chiefs WOULD like another play-maker in the secondary but they aren't drafting Berry at #5. With Jarrad Page coming back healthy, the Chiefs won't be in need of another FREE safety. They need a STRONG safety. Those can be found in the 2nd and 3rd rounds.

If it were MY decision, I wouldn't take McClain at #5 for health reasons I've expressed in other posts. However, if those matters don't concern Pioli as much as they do me, I think the decision is between the ILB McClain and NT Dan Williams. If the D-line is suppose to be the foundation of your defense, you have to believe one build entirely of overall top 5 picks will be the envy of the league. However, a born leader like McClain doesn't come around often. I think Williams will be the pick.

Well said. And I wouldn't mind McClain or Williams at #5. I believe both are very effective picks.

OPLookn
04-06-2010, 10:49 AM

They've already lost their fan base. I've got a buddy that moved from KC to Buffalo for a job. When I went to visit no one even cares about the Bills. Almost everyone out there cares about the Sabres (hockey). The people I asked about the Bills gave me a very luke warm response almost like they'll go out to the game as a novelty.

chief31
04-06-2010, 04:36 PM
Albert is going to be fine if they leave him at LT.

I don't want that. I want us to expect a guy to be great, not 'fine'.

So far he has been crap. Had a couple of moment, but they are buried in crap.

If they don't replace him, then I hope like H*** that he exceeds expectations and actually plays the position well.

But I would much rather have him compete for the right to start against a real LOT prospect.

Drunker Hillbilly
04-06-2010, 06:18 PM
I don't want that. I want us to expect a guy to be great, not 'fine'.

So far he has been crap. Had a couple of moment, but they are buried in crap.

If they don't replace him, then I hope like H*** that he exceeds expectations and actually plays the position well.

But I would much rather have him compete for the right to start against a real LOT prospect.
+1!!!!

KristofLaw
04-06-2010, 09:20 PM
Eric Berry or trade down... preferably trade down whether we get Berry or not. I wouldn't mind McClain but not at #5.

DC_Chiefsfan
04-07-2010, 01:24 PM
"Consensus" Is That Bryan Bulaga Is More Of A Right Tackle - Arrowhead Pride (http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2010/4/7/1408900/consensus-is-that-bryan-bulaga-is)

I really hope we don't take a RT with our 5th overall pick.